• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

Quote from: EvB on October 11, 2008, 10:36:37 AM
This line form a anonymous online reviewer expresses my feeling better than i could myself:

"Seeing a Shyamalan has become this horrifically abusive relationship where I desperately cling to the belief that if I keep loving him, he'll stop hitting me."

ROFL. Now that you mention it, it has felt that way since The Village.

You're right, girlfriend. I need to start respecting myself.

Spikegirl

Becoming Jane-2007

I missed the first 20 minutes. And I fell asleep before the end. I don't watch many movies.

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on October 11, 2008, 03:38:29 PM
Becoming Jane-2007

I missed the first 20 minutes. And I fell asleep before the end. I don't watch many movies.

You have to REALLY be into Jane Austin - interested in her life as much as her writing - to like this one.  It's sweet - but slow and gentle - I imagine in imitation of Jane herself. If any movie was going to put me to sleep , even though i was enjoying it - it would be this one.

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on October 11, 2008, 03:57:06 PM
You have to REALLY be into Jane Austin - interested in her life as much as her writing - to like this one.  It's sweet - but slow and gentle - I imagine in imitation of Jane herself. If any movie was going to put me to sleep , even though i was enjoying it - it would be this one.

Yeah...

Before the end of the weekend, I hope to catch Notes on a Scandal   with Kate Blanchette and Dame Judi Dench. I love those two actresses.

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on October 11, 2008, 04:05:12 PM
Yeah...

Before the end of the weekend, I hope to catch Notes on a Scandal   with Kate Blanchette and Dame Judi Dench. I love those two actresses.

I saw it - I loved it - and agree on the actresses, particularly Dame Judi - who plays a wonderfully evil old bitch in this - yet one DOES feel sorry for her . . .

The Jane Austen Book Club -- 2007

I am watching Becoming Jane next! Wow, me and SpikeGirl are like psychicly connected or something.

Quote from: Art is the Best on October 11, 2008, 05:41:33 PM

I am watching Becoming Jane next! Wow, me and SpikeGirl are like psychicly connected or something.

Nice.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Art is the Best on October 11, 2008, 05:41:33 PM

Great minds...

EvB

For a student - who last I knew was not studying FILM - you sure watch a lot of movies!

(Yes, that is envy you hear  :P   )

"The Last Mimzy" 2007

As cool as the premise sounded, this movie put me to sleeeeep.

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on October 29, 2008, 05:17:15 PM
"The Last Mimzy" 2007

As cool as the premise sounded, this movie put me to sleeeeep.
The Last Mimzy - When the inner-geek decides to get ugly...... you twisted bastard.

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on October 29, 2008, 07:14:30 PM
The Last Mimzy - When the inner-geek decides to get ugly...... you twisted bastard.

I was so intrigued, and then so...not interested whatsoever. It happened about mid-film. I've never felt that way about a movie before. The momentum just...BOOM! Then nothing but filler. Meh.

The word "Mimzy" is what totally turned me off of wanting to see the movie.

EvB

QuoteThe word "Mimzy" is what totally turned me off of wanting to see the movie.               

Not a Lewis Carroll fan, eh?

Quote from: EvB on October 30, 2008, 10:09:28 PM
Not a Lewis Carroll fan, eh?

Not so much.  Don't hate him by any means, but was just never drawn to his stuff.  Maybe when I grow up I give him a try but for now, no Mimzys for the double-trey.

Alien is the best of the series!

Caruthers612

Quote from: EvB on October 04, 2008, 05:51:47 PM
The Village-- 2004

First time I saw it (in the theater) I spent a lot of the time looking for a friend's daughter - who was one of the "extras"  (One of the children playing).  Turns out she ended up on the cutting room floor.

The girl or the film of her playing? <duck>

M