• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

Mops

Quote from: Michael V. on April 20, 2011, 10:53:01 PM
my wife has eaten many a sheep's head (and stomach, etc.).  i'll never understand it.  it's hard for me to believe a woman of her beauty would find pleasure in eating such a thing, but it's the moroccan way.
Moroccan Roll, you better duck, MV.  Looks like you just got caught eating all of the Frusen Gladje, or rather the sheep head.  Incidentally, I happen to have a recipe for that:  One finely diced sheep head and 50,000 gallons of Ragu.  Serves 800,000.

Had forgotten about "Jar City."   I concur with the review above.

Remember "Carnival of Souls" from the early '60's?  You may remember it when it was redone as "The Sixth Sense."  It popped up again a couple of nights ago on late night tv.  It is a discouraging movie.   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 20, 2011, 11:20:41 PM
How do you eat the head?
Now, don't quote me, but I think they eat the face... brain... I mean everything. I don't know if she's into eating the face or not, but I know she has mentioned eating the brain.

They LOOOOOVE eating the stomach which is cut into small pieces and cooked over coals on a grill. Last time I was there, I tried to work up the courage to eat a bite, but I just found it all too disgusting. I'm not one of these patronizing Americans who pretend to be "into" everything they're presented with while abroad. Some things I just want no part of.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The General

Quote from: Mops on April 23, 2011, 04:27:22 AM
Remember "Carnival of Souls" from the early '60's?  You may remember it when it was redone as "The Sixth Sense."  It popped up again a couple of nights ago on late night tv.  It is a discouraging movie.
OOOOH! One of my favorites.  That is the most well done B movie ever.

my wife has eaten many a sheep's head (and stomach, etc.).  i'll never understand it.  it's hard for me to believe a woman of her beauty would find pleasure in eating such a thing, but it's the moroccan way.
I was JUST WATCHING Andrew Zimmern's show Bizzare Foods, the episode about Morocco.  It made me want to ask you about this very subject.  It was amazing, all the crazy stuff they eat there, check it out if you haven't seen it.  It's on Netflix.

anagrammy

She's lovely, Michael.  Get that beauty eating a sheep's head and putting on YT--VIRAL! 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on April 23, 2011, 09:34:37 AM
OOOOH! One of my favorites.  That is the most well done B movie ever.
I was JUST WATCHING Andrew Zimmern's show Bizzare Foods, the episode about Morocco.  It made me want to ask you about this very subject.  It was amazing, all the crazy stuff they eat there, check it out if you haven't seen it.  It's on Netflix.
I will. Thx.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on April 23, 2011, 09:51:04 AM

She's lovely, Michael.  Get that beauty eating a sheep's head and putting on YT--VIRAL!
Hey, great idea!

b_dubb

i just finished watching Skyline.  when i finish watching a movie and i find myself hunting for reasons not to 'hate' that movie, then i have to conclude that the movie was indeed a BAD MOVIE.  but watchable.  it just felt very incomplete.  and sadly familiar.  though i am a fool for some bad sci fi.  this rotten tomato smells of doody

Usagi

So, not only am I sitting around popping pain meds for the rest of the weekend, but my son also has a fever.  It's a movie blast out weekend, for sure.  Poking around Netflix Watch Instantly, I discovered they have loads of movies with classic C2C themes.

Eyes of Mothman (talked about in another thread), might be near the top of the list
Dan Aykroyd, Unplugged on UFOs
The Phoenix Lights
Shades of Gray (about Gray Barker)

Dark Shadows is on there, too.  All of X-Files has been on there for a while now, too.  Now, if only they would get Dark Skies - but they don't even have that on DVD yet.

(Last night I watched Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind with my son for the first time - he really liked it!)

onan

Quote from: Usagi on April 30, 2011, 11:24:59 AM
So, not only am I sitting around popping pain meds for the rest of the weekend, but my son also has a fever.  It's a movie blast out weekend, for sure.  Poking around Netflix Watch Instantly, I discovered they have loads of movies with classic C2C themes.

Eyes of Mothman (talked about in another thread), might be near the top of the list
The Phoenix Lights

Dark Shadows is on there, too.  All of X-Files has been on there for a while now, too.  Now, if only they would get Dark Skies - but they don't even have that on DVD yet.

(Last night I watched Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind with my son for the first time - he really liked it!)

They also have a buttload of MST3K movies...

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on April 30, 2011, 09:51:40 PM
... and Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis

I watched all of SG1 on hulu plus but did get all of atlantis on netflix... good deal.

Mops

What's Up, Tiger Lily? (1966) by Woody Allen, with Louise Lasser and Frank Buxton (Sergeant Carter from Gomer Pyle).

Wing Fat:  "Don't tell me what I can do, or I'll have my mustache eat your beard."

Mops

Also just watched The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) by Roman Polanski, with Sharon Hubba-Hubba Tate.  It's not fair to terrify and double-over a person at the same time.  Dracula's gay son chasing Polanski through the castle like Gossamer and Bugs Bunny, the vampire's ball, and did I mention Sharon Tate?

Mops

Quote from: Usagi on April 30, 2011, 11:24:59 AM

The Phoenix Lights

You might dig some of the new Twilight Zone (1985-89).  It includes the types of shows Serling couldn't get past the censors, like The Star, Dead Run.and Quarantine.

When my daughter was little and got sick, we used to watch  Dr. Jack (1922) and Why Worry? (1923) by Harold Lloyd, the daredevil from Safety Last.

Usagi

So, I ended up watching one episode of Heroes after another on Netflix.  I had never seen it before.  Much like Lost, the first season was excellent.  But, boy did that crap go downhill fast.

JustOneFix

Watched "The Aviator" a couple days ago and was not at all impressed with the film. Leonard DiCaprizo doesn't look anything like Howard Hughes and he just made an absolute abortion of a film.

Lots of errors too, but I'll attribute that to 'artistic creativity'. Simply put the film was mainstreamed and sensationalized for mass appeal.

Quote from: the_wanderer on May 06, 2011, 11:10:17 PM

something's amis with your embedding

i dunno. they play well for me both my posting and the embed in the quote.

aldousburbank

For those of you with Netflix, They Live is now streaming- watch rowdy Roddy Piper kick some parasitic alien ass!

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/They_Live/60030998?trkid=2361637

They Live trailer

anagrammy

Just watched it- Thanks, Aldous, John Carpenter rocks!

Anagrammy

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on June 20, 2011, 06:51:22 PM
Just watched it- Thanks, Aldous, John Carpenter rocks!

Anagrammy

Interesting thing about that movie, at least for me:  Long ago when I first watched it, I was internally convinced that the "special sunglasses" which allowed one to see the alien takeover, was a metaphor for LSD.  Well, last year, I watched it again, and I noticed that the name given to the glasses was "The Hoffman Lenses."  The apparent reference to Dr. Albert Hoffman's problem child is surely only coincidental?

aldousburbank

Oh, also- They Live features probably the most indulgent and drawn out fight scene ever, which totally makes no sense within the overall story line.  This contributes to my considering this flick one of the greatest B movies ever!

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 20, 2011, 07:20:24 PM
Oh, also- They Live features probably the most indulgent and drawn out fight scene ever, which totally makes no sense within the overall story line.  This contributes to my considering this flick one of the greatest B movies ever!

They Live was Carpenter's last good movie. He also directed Prince of Darkness, Big Trouble in Little China, Starman, Halloween, The Thing, and Escape from New York.

Not to mention a few bombs.

I made mention of an obscure independent quite awhile back called Ink. It is on both Hulu and Netflix... really should check it out.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 20, 2011, 07:20:24 PM

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum"

God only knows how many times I entered a room with that line in 1989...and on a rare occasion,somebody would know what the fuck I was talking about!

anagrammy

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 20, 2011, 07:18:19 PM
Interesting thing about that movie, at least for me:  Long ago when I first watched it, I was internally convinced that the "special sunglasses" which allowed one to see the alien takeover, was a metaphor for LSD.  Well, last year, I watched it again, and I noticed that the name given to the glasses was "The Hoffman Lenses."  The apparent reference to Dr. Albert Hoffman's problem child is surely only coincidental?

Nothing in a Carpenter movie is meaningless.  The over-arching theme of elites having no concern for the human race or the planet is pretty obvious.  BUt what about the eyes of the redheaded girl who was the program director for Cable 54.  I thought she was an alien immediately because of those freaky light eyes.

Ana

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on June 20, 2011, 09:14:09 PM
Nothing in a Carpenter movie is meaningless. 

Aha!  I thought not!  That just provides extra fodder for my hippie conspiratorial world view.  Boy is the wife gonna be pissed.