• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

MV/Liberace!

Man on the Moon (1999)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

both are milos forman films.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 21, 2008, 01:18:28 PM
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

Yes! One of my all-time favorites. I don't usually like movies like that, but when I heard "Jack Nicholson in a mental institution" I was like.."okay, I'll give it a shot." So glad that I did.

Also, I thought for so many years that Kubrick directed that film, but after some fact checking on your info I see that I was very mistaken. Thanks for pointing that out so I won't look like a douche-face in any future Kubrick discussions.  ;D

EvB

QuoteAlso, I thought for so many years that Kubrick directed that film, but after some fact checking on your info I see that I was very mistaken. Thanks for pointing that out so I won't look like a douche-face in any future Kubrick discussions.  ;D

I can see why you thought that.

Still wish I could have seen what Kubrick would have done with AI.

The Sopranos - 1999 Season 1 - Episodes 1, 2, 3, & 4.

Max

Nan Shao Lin yu bei Shao Lin / Invincible Shaolin - 1978

Watched a few recently.

Gacy

Needful Things

Unbreakable

The Andromeda Strain (original)

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Hellraiser:Bloodlines

Westworld

EvB

Dangerous Beauty (1998) 

Fictionalized story of Veronica Franco - one of the Venetian cortigiana onesta, - upper - class cortisans of 16th century.  Cortisans of her rank were expected to be "accomplished" in many of the ways young noblemen were.  She was well read, savvy in political matters, and was a published poet.

One of her lovers included Henry the III of France.

A painting of the "real deal":::

Quote from: EvB on November 26, 2008, 01:26:23 AM
A painting of the "real deal":

What a desirable woman.  Kramer must have painted it.  (Recall Elaine's "Nip" Christmas cards.)

PHANTASM - 1979

MV/Liberace!

fargo (1996)

dumb and dumber (1994)

i am running down the list currently of some of my favorite movies to expose my wife to for the first time.  what a pleasure.

EvB

OH!  She's GOT to see "The Usual Suspects"

Ev

~ Imposing her taste on Micheal's family.

EvB

Quote(Recall Elaine's "Nip" Christmas cards.)

LOL!  Yeah - and also George's "gift" as a result of his constant fussing over not getting a card!

Southern Comfort (1981)

Kickass movie. Actually filmed in Louisiana. One of my friends' Dads can be seen in the crawfish boil scene.

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 26, 2008, 02:16:18 PM
Southern Comfort (1981)

Kickass movie. Actually filmed in Louisiana. One of my friends' Dads can be seen in the crawfish boil scene.

The quintessential Powers Booth movie and the reason I never joined the Army Reserve.