• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Kolchak

Quote from: LadyFish on May 16, 2018, 12:59:56 PM
Just saw on HLWs legacy site who her guest is tonight: David Adair.

Is that a joke? Did her website get hacked?

She still can't take calls. She's going to let him ramble on, unchecked, for four fucking hours.

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 09:36:58 AM
So the question is, for a fringe style show, would you rather the host challenge the guests with respect or just allow the story, inaccuracies and contradiction just slide?

Should the show be total escapism or entertainment with a foot still grounded in skepticism?

Just asking for a friend. ;)

DS

If it's interesting, let them go and ask appropriate questions. If it isn't interesting, make it interesting by grilling them.

Don't do what Art did. When a guest had a really outlandish bizarre story he'd just let them go on and on and act like he was hanging on every word and believed it all and you should too. When the guest was fairly reasonable and not as bizarre Art would nitpick and poke holes in every single thing and act like they were being crazy. Completely backwards. I feel like he made some of his more credible, or at least rational, guests out to be unreliable while propping his completely fraudulent guests up as unquestionable. As much as I loved Art, that got annoying sometimes.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 16, 2018, 01:06:43 PM
8)
Let us pray or whatever that MV turned ad sense back on. Can you imagine if he did?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 16, 2018, 01:10:45 PM
Let us pray or whatever that MV turned ad sense back on. Can you imagine if he did?

He’s already on some tropical island somewhere. That’s why he’s never on BG.  :P

Pizzapunch

David Adair probably just now quit talking this morning and realized Dave hung up on him.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 16, 2018, 01:09:19 PM
::)

https://twitter.com/keithrowland/status/996828155217199104
Holy shit! I just should not sleep tonight, best option. There will be at least 50 pages I bet to read in the A.M.

TigerLily

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 11:27:49 AM
Paranormal seems limited as we cover more than that, Fringe seems to cover a wide variety of topics mainstream seems to turn a blind eye to without pigeon holing the show to a percieved or limited niche.

Thoughts?

I'm down with fringe

HumanBeing

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 11:27:49 AM
Paranormal seems limited as we cover more than that, Fringe seems to cover a wide variety of topics mainstream seems to turn a blind eye to without pigeon holing the show to a percieved or limited niche.

Thoughts?

Now that you have elaborated on your reasoning, I can see your point that using the word paranormal is too limited.
In that not every topic can fall under the paranormal label - main stream science, true crime, extraordinary events (the journey of climbing Mount Everest), aspects of religion.

When the word 'fringe' is used to describe to the audience the overview of what to expect on this radio show, to me, it conjures up thoughts that the subject/guest is automatically marginalized and lacks any importance or credibility. So we, the listeners, should just listen for pure entertainment only. No need for discernment, critical thought or the expectation of perhaps learning something on a particular subject because it has already been established that this radio show is 'fringe talk radio'.

With that being said, I'm not up in arms or going to hold any public march against the use of the word fringe ;D
It was just an opinion based on the connotation I personally associated with that word.

chefist

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 16, 2018, 01:01:19 PM
So, you’re not going to tell me if you, Chefist, require security as a Black Ops? Or why you would need such a thing, when I’m going to guess you’re a muscular beast with all manner of weapons at your disposal?

Very disappointed in you.

Quote from: LadyFish on May 16, 2018, 12:59:56 PM
Just saw on HLWs legacy site who her guest is tonight: David Adair.

Amazing.

HumanBeing

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 16, 2018, 12:08:33 PM
:o. Speaking of Fringe..

I joined a MITD with Dave Schrader facebook group earlier today. But that is not the group  ;D
That video the guy is fussing about is an hour and 40 minutes long  :-X

Cowkiller

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 16, 2018, 01:13:08 PM
Holy shit! I just should not sleep tonight, best option. There will be at least 50 pages I bet to read in the A.M.

Sleep a little yes, just let everything else go; the job, school, freinds....

Pizzapunch

I may not be psycho er I mean psychic like Lasha but spoiler alert, it won't be.

Catsmile

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 16, 2018, 06:28:35 AM

# Yeah Like Umm Kay 'en stuff
# Tide pod fix running low I C

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 16, 2018, 01:26:30 PM
Sleep a little yes, just let everything else go; the job, school, freinds....
LOL Yeah I don't go to school but my job would not be pleased if I didn't sleep.

Cowkiller

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 16, 2018, 01:28:39 PM
I may not be psycho er I mean psychic like Lasha but spoiler alert, it won't be.
So heather just wants a magic button so she can dump me.  I thought our relationship meant more.

teknoslag

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 16, 2018, 01:32:47 PM

So no unscreened open lines for listeners to grieve over Art's passing? Again?

What a shocker.

timebandit

the time approaches..
I quiver..

#HeatherArmy

bellNwhistle

QuoteOur host Dave Schrader will be on Karen Jackson’s show at 2:30 Pacific / 5:30 Eastern on KNYE, listen on @TuneIn.

HumanBeing

Quote from: teknoslag on May 16, 2018, 01:35:33 PM
So no unscreened open lines for listeners to grieve over Art's passing? Again?

What a shocker.

Heather just has to introduce David and let him talk.
She then can put her feet up and do basically what Noory does when he has Linda Moulton Howe on  ;D

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 09:36:58 AM
So the question is, for a fringe style show, would you rather the host challenge the guests with respect or just allow the story, inaccuracies and contradiction just slide?

Should the show be total escapism or entertainment with a foot still grounded in skepticism?

Just asking for a friend. ;)

DS

Depends, play it by ear

juanelo

Dave, if you read this try to listen to the Joe Rogan and Tom Delonge interview

Joe Rogan afterwards say that he was paying homage to Art Bell in that interview. Rogan never try to impersonate Art Bell like Heather wade does

At the end it was one of the most entertaining interview and Tom delonge crash and burn to the point he wanted to quit he’s academy “To the Stars” lol