• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Morgus

A photo of Art's newest cat "Yetti" from his facebook page. Art believes this cat is the reincarnation of his previous cat named "Yetti"

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 21, 2018, 07:58:17 PM
A photo of Art's newest cat "Yetti" from his facebook page. Art believes this cat is the reincarnation of his previous cat named "Yetti"

Has Art been listening to this guy again?

Catsmile

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 21, 2018, 10:08:22 AM

Wasn't Heather the one who called the police, making the introduction of a possible firecracker necessary in not filing a false police report?

Heather got the cops involved against Arts wishes, after he told her about the threatening phone call. Art only reported the occurrence to the police because of Heathers actions, but he didn't want any further investigation into the matter. The threatening call happened somewhere around the time his internet connection was vandalized, and the first shooting with multiple shots fired from a car, which rapidly fled the scene.     

As I roughly recall the publicly known timeline reported to us by Art/Heather went something like this... Though I could be wrong. Because it would require me to give way more fucks than I really should over such pulp fiction schlock, IMO. 

-Arts internet connection was "tampered" with preventing him from doing 1 or 2 shows until it was fixed.

-The first shooting with multiple shots fired happened during MitD, Art didn't hear any shots because he was wearing headphones, and doing a show. The next door neighbor heard the shots, and called the police and Art. The neighbor reported hearing multiple shots fired next to the Bells property, the shooter immediately fled in a car. Art put the show on hold playing music. While he checked on his family, they didn't seem bothered enough to call the police, or Art over the occurrence. Art talked to the neighbor an the cops about what happened, said his family and property seemed okay. The music break ended, show restarts. Art proceeds to relay roughly the above.

-The mouse shows up, and disappears just as quickly.           

- Art tells the audience a shadow person story. Stating that a few weeks prior to MitD starting, he saw a shadow person in the studio/guest house. Wherein Art proceeds to conduct a shadow person hunt across his entire compound, Glock at the ready.

- We find out that Art got a threatening phone call demanding he stop MitD or be harmed. Which he didn't report to the police, but did tell Heather his producer. Heather reported Arts phone threat to the Pahrump police. Which forced PPD to follow up on the report. When questioned Art told the cops what they wanted to know, and declined any further investigation into the matter.

-Art hears someone outside the window of his studio/guest house during preparations for MitD. Art opens the door, steps outside into the darkness lit only by a porch light glaring into his eyes. Art catches a quick glimpse of a person disappearing around the corner of the house. Bell takes aim with a Glock, but alas isn't fast enough. Art proceeded to relay said story to the world around an hour or two after it happened. Followed up with Art directing everyone to look at a new post on his Facebook account. Which contained a picture of his Glock with a time stamped hand written post-it note attached. Proving he was ready to take on all who dared. Don't remember if he reported this to the police or not. Maybe someone else knows?

-Art gets "shot" at instantly drops to the ground, takes cover and lies still. Fearing for his life, and his families lives, he proceeds to fire off a light beacon AKA: his iPhone. Rendering the cover of darkness almost useless. Bell contacts his wife using Wi-Fi, so she can call the police. Art didn't have cell reception at the time. (He must have been holding iPhone wrong.) Wife called the police. Wife in a panic scares the otherwise unwitting child. Art and family wait for the other shoe to drop for 10-20 minutes. All the police sirens create even more trauma for the child, many tears were shed that night. Trained professionals rapidly blazing into a sniper/shooter/stalker situation with as many lights and sirens as possible making themselves a target, giving up all tactical advantage. All hands braced for a life and death situation, as they secure and lock down the scene. Then the other shoe drops. "MAYBE IT WAS A FIRECRACKER." Many cops eyes rolled upon hearing that statement. All the manpower and angst brought about to catch a shooter/sniper/stalker. Only to discover a scared old man, who might have panicked over a firecracker going off, on government owned land in the distance. MitD went into reruns for a few nights. We all found out about the incident a few days later. MitD with Art Bell is basically over. 

-Much drama ensued before and after The Global Super Quitting VII. Or is it IX, I can't keep count anymore? Which was mostly fueled and controlled by a successful Marconi Award winning media veteran of radio. Art was fully in control the medium and the message every step of the way, from start to finish.

-Heather is still filling in for Arts MitD, two years on. Mr.Bell assures us Ms. Wade is getting better every day. Art and Heather don't understand why some folks ain't buying what they are selling.

-The End-

... or is it? 

... meh

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Catsmile on January 21, 2018, 09:39:41 PM
-Heather is still filling in for Arts MitD, two years on. Mr.Bell assures us Ms. Wade is getting better every day. Art and Heather don't understand why some folks ain't buying what they are selling.

Pretty much it.  But is there ANY business entity of any kind where you can fail every day for two years and still get unconditional support and keep the shitshow going?  This is like watching an MLB team lose every game for two seasons and they never fire the manager.

Catsmile

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 21, 2018, 09:48:34 PM
Pretty much it.  But is there ANY business entity of any kind where you can fail every day for two years and still get unconditional support and keep the shitshow going?  This is like watching an MLB team lose every game for two seasons and they never fire the manager.

Art in the past talked about spending over $20,000.00 in equipment just to do a internet streaming show for six months, MitD. Also in the past hes spent over $20K on a single HAM radio. Hes got a few +$20K Ham radios in his "HAM shack." Art bought his pre-teen girl a $3000.00 Microsoft Surface Book, that shit the bed after a couple of years, many tears were shed. (I don't blame her, if I were Art I'd cry too.)

The point being, I don't think paying to keep MitD streaming is keeping Art up at night. In fact when he reads "the trolls hating" on the show, it most likely triggers him into spiting all the haters. His best means of spite? Keep MitD going.

When I read Heather was saying if the show didn't get enough subscribers the end was nigh, over on the MitD w/Heather Wade thread. I typed some bullshit that I hoped Art would read, triggering him into keeping the show alive on his dime for one more year. Just to spite all us haters. Thus sparing Heather going back into phone sex, at least in the public domain. Oh, the LULz.

I don't really care if the show has 5 or 5million listeners. I checked out after Art quit. Heather just ain't my cup of tea, I've tried to listen. Sorry but, no.

Catsmile

Quote from: Robert on January 21, 2018, 10:04:07 AM
Your analysis is unfortunately colored by your use of the term "stalker", which unfortunately has been the categoriz'n that was adopted here as a short way of referring to whomever it [is|was|was imagined to be].

Mr. Bell's own stated belief has been that this person (or cabal) is not a crazy stalker type, but someone(s) who, although ruthless, had the limited object of getting him off his show, for reasons Mr. Bell knew but did not care to divulge...

Art was pushing the stalker narrative here and on Facebook, at one point. He used the words stalker. Playing in the snow pics on Facebook, was the turning point. Once the stalker fallacies were pointed out, the narrative morphed away from stalker... as I recall, maybe I'm wrong. At this point it doesn't really matter. I was making a pedantic point by point post, as to why analog kid wasn't Art Bells stalker, for shits and giggles. 

I'm amazed Art talked about all the crimes occurring on his property at time, seeking to thwart MitD. What good could have come of it? Why didn't he get the police in the loop sooner? This isn't Arts first rodeo. He had a radio show that attracted it's fair share of  less than stable people. Which we never heard a peep about. Ever! Why? Because Art  was following Premiers security experts, and law enforcement instructions on how to handle such situations & current ongoing investigations.

Yet Art did the exact opposite of what he was taught to do during his lifetime in radio. The only time you heard of "dark forces" trying to thwart C2C w/Art Bell was when technical difficulty arose, it was part of Arts shtick. Norri "recycled" the same shtick when he took over C2C.

No doubt something was going on, but what I'm afraid we'll never really know. When someone searches their entire compound for a shadow person, armed with a pistol... It is what is.

Robert

Quote from: Catsmile on January 21, 2018, 09:39:41 PM-Art gets "shot" at instantly drops to the ground, takes cover and lies still.
And heard, "You were...," from the direction of the adjoining BLM land.

ItsOver

Quote from: Catsmile on January 21, 2018, 11:41:18 PM

...I don't really care if the show has 5 or 5million listeners. I checked out after Art quit. Heather just ain't my cup of tea, I've tried to listen. Sorry but, no.
Same here.  I tuned in for Art Bell, not some amateur off the street.   It's like going from high-dollar champagne to piss water.  It was bad enough to keep listening to Bell's lame excuses for quitting.  Going to HW was the final straw.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: ItsOver on January 22, 2018, 08:52:45 AM
It's like going from high-dollar champagne to piss water. .

Exactly.  And how hard is it for Keith/DMDN to throw in a substitute every once in a while?  Or play an archived episode of Art.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 22, 2018, 08:52:45 AM
Same here.  I tuned in for Art Bell, not some amateur off the street.   It's like going from high-dollar champagne to piss water.  It was bad enough to keep listening to Bell's lame excuses for quitting.  Going to HW was the final straw.
For all of Art's consternation about music royalties it seemed like, even before the quittening, that it was a weak attempt at a comeback with little, or no, organization. No back up hosts, going from retired with young children to a full schedule, no business model (going internet, going radio, going for both, etc,) and too few people with unclear, or too many varied, responsibilities. He should've done weekly live show or even just a podcast like Dreamland with no calls- which could be recorded at any time so as to make schedules easier with the kids (and the stalker.)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2018, 01:48:15 PM
...people with unclear, or too many varied, responsibilities agendas.

fify, as the kids say.

you left out the part where, 20 minutes into the Redacted era, Art had to step in for an hour due to technical difficulties, even though doing so would put him in great danger from the alleged stalker

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 22, 2018, 04:44:25 PM
you left out the part where, 20 minutes into the Redacted era, Art had to step in for an hour due to technical difficulties, even though doing so would put him in great danger from the alleged stalker

God, Art probably actually listens to Heather's shows.  One hand on the dials, and the other hand on...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 22, 2018, 10:04:50 PM
God, Art probably actually listens to Heather's shows.  One hand on the dials, and the other hand on...

Your mom? ???

albrecht

Alert: AMC is playing "The Day After Tomorrow" now. Watch or Tivo, Art and Whitley can use the funds. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2018, 10:37:40 PM
Alert: AMC is playing "The Day After Tomorrow" now. Watch or Tivo, Art and Whitley can use the funds. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Unless I can get AMC over the internet Art and Whit are SOL. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2018, 10:39:54 PM
Saw a copy of both of their book AND RCH/Bara's at Halfprice books the other day. And a few others like Hancock, Van Damiken, n even "numbers lady." . Apparently a C2C listener had died or was robbed by a junkie. :'(  the section was like "guests of the past."

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2018, 10:39:54 PM

you can.
it isn't free.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2018, 10:45:26 PM
Saw a copy of both of their book AND RCH/Bara's at Halfprice books the other day. And a few others like Hancock, Van Damiken, n even "numbers lady." . Apparently a C2C listener had died or was robbed by a junkie. :'(  the section was like "guests of the past."

Maybe Cornelius got robbed?

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2018, 10:49:37 PM
Maybe Cornelius got robbed?
I doubt the robber would drive the several hundred miles to fence the goods here. Plus he is running foe some kind of marshall office. I would say Thomas in La Jolla but that would an even longer distance. So likely some house-bound old lady died and her kids took her collect of C2C books in.  :'(

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2018, 10:37:40 PM

seeing it once was enough for me....
baby needs new shoes?
i couldn't care less.

;)

Whitley may be a wanker, but he once saw a woman walk into the ladies room in a restaurant - and never saw her come out. 

If that isn't proof of alien life, what would be?

albrecht

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 22, 2018, 11:01:29 PM
seeing it once was enough for me....
baby needs new shoes?
i couldn't care less.

;)

Haha."The Day After Tomorrow" is one of my bad movies that's good amd so have to put on. Even if reading or doing something else. Give Art and Whitley some residuals and remember when first saw (involved some fun incidents) and laughing that Al Gore tried  to copy it but the Art/Whitley vehicle so much better and still in rotation. And good casting in stereotypical roles.

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 22, 2018, 11:14:55 PM

Whitley may be a wanker, but he once saw a woman walk into the ladies room in a restaurant - and never saw her come out. 

If that isn't proof of alien life, what would be?
#believevictims or whatever. The guy is a rape victim. Stop slutshaming him.  ;)

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2018, 11:20:39 PM
Haha."The Day After Tomorrow" is one of my bad movies that's good amd so have to put on. Even if reading or doing something else. Give Art and Whitley some residuals and remember when first saw (involved some fun incidents) and laughing that Al Gore tried  to copy it but the Art/Whitley vehicle so much better and still in rotation. And good casting in stereotypical roles.

there were no residuals to give....

..... i deleted the torrent after watching the movie.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 22, 2018, 11:34:21 PM
there were no residuals to give....

..... i deleted the torrent after watching the movie.  ;)
Torrents kill Hollywood.  ;D But in this rare case I want Art/Whitley to get that "mailbox money."

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2018, 11:40:43 PM
Torrents kill Hollywood.  ;D But in this rare case I want Art/Whitley to get that "mailbox money."

well, to be honest... i do feel a bit guilty about torrenting the Lego Scooby-Doo tv series.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 22, 2018, 11:51:20 PM
well, to be honest... i do feel a bit guilty about torrenting the Lego Scooby-Doo tv series.

Why? They've been phoning it in for years. Every culprit turns out to be some old guy in a mask...and he would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids. Zoiks! :o ::)