• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Noory & Eschaton

Started by DeeElf, December 01, 2012, 03:50:59 AM

DeeElf

I used to think George was trying to immanentize the eschaton, but now I'm starting to think that would be giving him way too much credit. 

What do you think?  Was/is he trying to do that, or is he too greedy, lazy and/or dim-witted to organize something like that? 

Am I overlooking anything?

Nucky Nolan

Noory's version of eschatology is a mix of Christian Fundamentalism and New Age. He indeed sounds like he welcomes the end of the world, but he might just be preaching to a few choirs at the same time. His proposed eschatological beliefs are like Silly Putty. They can be stretched to fit anything.

DeeElf

His "people are acting strange!" campaign coupled with his insistent theism were my first clues.

How the fuck would he know if people are acting strange?  He's too reclusive, and the time he's been around compared the time people have been around is insubstantial and certainly nothing to base a guess on, let alone "people are acting crazy" proclamations ad nauseum.

My guess is people have basically acted the way they do now for a long, long time. 

I also used to think, "If you say it enough, George, maybe it'll happen," until I started seeing signs I wasn't alone in thinking him a poor replacement for Art.  In order to immanentize the eschaton you have to have persuasive skills.

He (and Ed Dames) are probably ramping up the propaganda in apprehension of the post 12.21.12 let-down when all the schmucks who bought their crap realize they were exploited by shameless profiteers (Dames' 2013 "kill-shot" prophecies might be his way milking it even more).

Juan

What do you mean, he's too reclusive?  Obviously he spends some of his 8-hour show prep hanging around convenience stores, eating, and watching people.  Kind of like Bevis and Butthead.

Nucky Nolan

Call me a heretic, but Saint Art played the same game. Remember the Quickening and Y2K? It's unfair to blame him for Heaven's Gate, though. That was all on Applegate (check out *that* etymology), as well as his followers. Still, Noory and other hosts need to be aware that their words have consequences. More than a few schizophrenics listen to Coast. They can't just shrug off certain comments. I still recall a troubled caller, who was close to tears, during a conversation with Dimond, the "heretical" priest.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: UFO Fill on December 01, 2012, 05:21:24 AM
What do you mean, he's too reclusive?  Obviously he spends some of his 8-hour show prep hanging around convenience stores, eating, and watching people.  Kind of like Bevis and Butthead.

Chance the Gardener comes to mind too. He liked to watch....TV. He got all his perceived wit and wisdom from the vast wasteland of the boob tube. Well, half of that theory holds true.

DeeElf

Quote from: UFO Fill on December 01, 2012, 05:21:24 AM
;D
This brings to mind two things.
I also listen to a lot of sports radio.  A year or maybe two ago, I heard two sports broadcasters talking about how they used the same studio as C2C.  The conversation went something like this.
Broadcaster 1 (B1): You ever met George Noory?
Broadcaster 2 (B2): Yeah, he's a nice guy.
B1: Really?
B2: Yeah, why?
B1: We ran into each other when he was coming out of the studio this morning.
B2: Yeah.  So.
B1: You ever ran into him right after his show?
B2: Yeah.
B1: He, uh...
B2: It's a late night talk show.  What'd you expect him to look like?
B1: Not like that.
B2: Did he do something weird?
B1: I don't know.  Let's move on.

Second: remember his very short-lived p90x run?

Love the Bob X Crowley pasteup avatar DeeElf.
When I lived in Hawai'i the ladies at the Saturday farmer market I went to,had pitched in and bought EdDames VHS tapes' course in remote viewing.I house sat for a couple weeks at one of their houses and was asked by them to do the tapes.  It was dificult to pay attention to.Tended to make me rather sleepy.although I had a lot of distraction with a neighbor that was not asked to house sit that kept dropping by.Which was tedious and interupting my meditation and study time.I am glad money was scarce and I had use of the tapes as I would have been sorry to have spent that money on. Better to have tapes of meditation or even chanting does more than Dame's course did.I had to report to all the ladie's that owned them and it was tough to try to stay straight and say you have to experience them yourselves. At that time Dames had not developed the aura of undeniable  poophood he has now.Had I developed this 'remote viewing person' status I would have never had peace there.

DeeElf

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on December 01, 2012, 09:50:45 PM
Love the Bob X Crowley pasteup avatar DeeElf.
Thanks.  It's completely "ripped off" thanks to the help of Google Images.