• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Poll: Where do you stand?

Started by MV/Liberace!, November 14, 2012, 05:09:04 PM

What would you say most accurately describes your political tendencies?

Hard left
Lean left
Lean right
Hard right

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on November 20, 2012, 02:12:36 AM
He shouted out, "...
When after all, it was you and me. Let me please introduce...

LacyWoodrow

If it wern't for the right wing puritain mentality I would be a hard right, but lately I see myself as more of a moderate. Perhaps a Liberatarian would better define me. I side with Gay rights and Abortion, but almost everything else the Republican party offers I agree with.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 20, 2012, 02:55:59 AM
      When after all, it was you and me. Let me please introduce...

*ahhhhh* Just right. It's like making a behind-the-back pass without looking to the guy I've played with forever, because I just know without checking he's gonna be there to get it...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on November 20, 2012, 09:36:56 AM
*ahhhhh* Just right. It's like making a behind-the-back pass without looking to the guy I've played with forever, because I just know without checking he's gonna be there to get it...
Great analogy. As a Bostonian who grew up watching the Celtics in the 80's and ...I'd say "like Magic to Worthy".

If I dare say that aloud....it would be met with "Whaddya mean Magic to Worthy?"

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 20, 2012, 10:15:13 AM
      Great analogy. As a Bostonian who grew up watching the Celtics in the 80's and ...I'd say "like Magic to Worthy".

If I dare say that aloud....it would be met with "Whaddya mean Magic to Worthy?"

Yeah. Besides, I know you really wanted to say, "Cousy to Havlicek".

Quote from: Scully on November 17, 2012, 04:45:36 AM
... IMHO, it IS the Tea Bag crowd and the hatemongers on every radio station I can pick up that have set this nation at odds with itself.  Get rid of them and we can all sit down at the table again and work things out without shooting anybody. (Except for my Texas relatives.)...

As far as responsibility for the 'nation at odds with itself', where do the following fit in the overall scheme of things?:

When the R's come to Obama at the start of his first term and offer to work with him on the deficit, he quite rudely tells them 'we won, you lost' and the Ds shut the Rs out completely.

The Ds then spend the next 4 years whining that the the Rs 'won't work with them', despite having 60 votes in the Senate and a majority in the House for the first 2 years.

The Ds put together an obnoxious 'Helath Care' bill that most of the country strongly opposes, won't allow the Rs to offer any legislation to include in it, work on it secretly amongst thmselves behind locked doors without giving the Rs access, bribe wavering members of their own party to support it, and when called on it say 'we have to pass it before we can find out what's in it'

'Occupy Wall Street' is formed to confuse, mislead, create confusion and chaos, while carefully claiming to not have leaders nor offer any ideas or suggestions on the economy.  A typical thuggish Leftist group, formed to counter-balance the legitimate (and clean and polite) Tea Party, which is simply out to be heard and make their case.

The Ds spend 4 years not doing a thing about the economy, except bloating the budget with permanent new pork spending (while calling it 'stimulous'), then demand Romney give them his detailed plans so they can attack them.  We still haven't seen ANY Obama economic plan - well, other than to belittle entrepeneurs - and we've been operating without a budget for 4 years now.

The Ds have noting positive to run on so they attack Romney as a tax dodger, a felon, a murderer (blaming him for some lady dying of cancer), declare him a vulture capitalist, a dog hater, anti-women, anything they can think of - no evidence of any of this required or submitted.  The Wall St crooks in Obama's cabinet even have the audacity to try to tie Romney to the 2008 meltdown - even while announcing they aren't going to go after Goldman Sachs or any execs or companies involved in the fraud that kicked off the meltdown.  Again with no evidence.

Just wondering - as far as being responsible for devisiveness, where does any of this fall among contributing incidents?

Nucky Nolan

Paperboy is just a tea-bagger who loves hate radio (sarcasm).

Pelosi: "We had to pass it to see what was in it."

Pragmier

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 20, 2012, 07:46:43 PM

The Ds put together an obnoxious 'Helath Care' bill that most of the country strongly opposes

This is open to debate.

A Rasmussen poll from Nov/2012 shows:

Fifty percent (50%) of Likely U.S. Voters favor repeal of President Obama’s national health care law, while 44% are opposed to repeal ... this is the closest the enthusiasm level on the two sides has ever been: 39% now Strongly Favor repeal, while nearly as many (37%) Strongly Oppose it.

A June/2012
poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation shows support for the Supreme Court decision upholding the law evenly split among party lines:

Overall, eight in ten Democrats approve of the court’s decision to uphold the primary provisions of the health care law, while eight in ten Republicans disapprove. Independents overall are evenly divided on the decision, 44 percent in favor, 43 percent opposed, masking the usual pattern of a Republican‐leaning group of independents disapproving and a Democratic‐leaning group of independents approving.

And there is bi-partisan support for many of the individual provisions, such as banning insurance denials based on pre-existing conditions, the increased age limit for parental coverage, and an increase to the Medicare payroll tax for wealthy individuals.

Quote from: Pragmier on November 20, 2012, 08:36:12 PM
This is open to debate...

At the time, opposition was hovering around 70%.  The Ds cleverly devised it so most of it woldn't come on line until 2013 - after the elections.  Most people aren't really paying attention - and certainly aren't hearing anything about it from the Corrupt Media, and as of now think it didn't amount to much.

Wait a while, say a month or 3 into the new year.  Already companies are laying people off in anticipation of the new taxes, obligations, regulations, and paperwork.

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on November 20, 2012, 07:54:57 PM
Paperboy is just a tea-bagger who loves hate radio (sarcasm).

Pelosi: "We had to pass it to see what was in it."

Yeah, that was the actual quote - I should have looked it up.

Tea-bagger is such an interesting term.  Isn't it a term for certain gay sex?  As usual it's the Left name-calling, and as usual the Left is the first to call their opponents 'fag'.

If I were gay, constantly hearing them doing that, I'd wonder if the Left and Ds weren't just pandering for my vote, and I'd wonder what they have in store for me if they ever were to seize complete power permanently. 

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 20, 2012, 08:57:54 PM

Yeah, that was the actual quote - I should have looked it up.

Tea-bagger is such an interesting term.  Isn't it a term for certain gay sex?  As usual it's the Left name-calling, and as usual the Left is the first to call their opponents 'fag'.

If I were gay, constantly hearing them doing that, I'd wonder if the Left and Ds weren't just pandering for my vote, and I'd wonder what they have in store for me if they ever were to seize complete power permanently.

I wasn't trying to correct you. :) I just thought that it was an appropriate quote. You're right about both the definition of the term and the Left's use of it. I'm sure that some Democrats play to homosexuals' interests to get their votes. I doubt that leftist gay people are bothered by the childish slur, though. They applaud and embrace the use of cruel and/or vicious insults because it's in their nature to do so. I'm referring to just a small percentage of activists/extremists when I say that. I doubt that the zealots speak for most gay Americans.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 20, 2012, 08:57:54 PM

You are clueless, absolutely beyond hope.  You make Noory look like Einstein.  Your mental midgetry is unsurpassed in these cyber realms, as you desperately tread water in a sea of delusional self certitude, bereft of any attachment to reality.  Your Evel Kneivel like leaps of logic, combined with your complete inability to escape the tiny, tiny, confines of your narrow minded, spite filled, myopic  world view, have rendered you an utterly joyless presence here.  You possess neither wit nor insight, you just beat the same drum endlessly  - right good, left bad - without adding anything to any discussion, ever.  I have no doubt that you have never been tea bagged, or felated, or fondled, groped, rimmed, sucked, or fucked.  I suspect most who encounter you would not piss on you if you were on fire, let alone offer you a consolation reach around, for you are a miserable, miserable sod,  who is ever so desperately in need of a good rogering, and yet clearly unsuitable for anyone, man or woman, to spend time with, let alone mate with.

I guess this leaves you to go fuck yourself.

McPhallus

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 20, 2012, 09:58:03 PM

Ideological differences aside, I don't get why you hate the guy so much. He seems to have gotten under your skin.

Quote from: McPhallus on November 20, 2012, 10:06:49 PM
Ideological differences aside, I don't get why you hate the guy so much. He seems to have gotten under your skin.
Quote from: onan on November 16, 2012, 12:06:49 AM
... I am just really fuckin tired of PB's refusal to admit there are two sides to anything. really fuckin sick of it.
Onan sums up my feelings pretty succinctly re: PB.  But to expand on it a bit, just as Noory ruined something I love (C2C), PB is ruining something I love (this place). 

Nucky Nolan

You are clueless, absolutely beyond hope.  You make Noory look like Einstein.  Your mental midgetry is unsurpassed in these cyber realms, as you desperately tread water in a sea of delusional self certitude, bereft of any attachment to reality.  Your Evel Kneivel like leaps of logic, combined with your complete inability to escape the tiny, tiny, confines of your narrow minded, spite filled, myopic  world view, have rendered you an utterly joyless presence here.  You possess neither wit nor insight, you just beat the same drum endlessly  - right good, left bad - without adding anything to any discussion, ever.  I have no doubt that you have never been tea bagged, or felated, or fondled, groped, rimmed, sucked, or fucked.  I suspect most who encounter you would not piss on you if you were on fire, let alone offer you a consolation reach around, for you are a miserable, miserable sod,  who is ever so desperately in need of a good rogering, and yet clearly unsuitable for anyone, man or woman, to spend time with, let alone mate with.

You just have to love those tolerant "progressives". They exhibit such compassion and empathy....for folks who share their views. Anyway, I hope that post was meant to be sarcastic. If not, call it Exhibit ZZZZ.

Sardondi

Your post reminds me of the old Ring Lardner line: " 'Shut up', he explained."

Sounds like you're tired and just want P*B to shut up and go away. But he won't. Damn those pesky conservatives and their insistence on their right to free expression.

Do you really not get that "ad hom" responses are universally frowned upon as being, at a minimum, in poor taste? It is short for "ad hominem, meaning literally "to the man". An ad hominem or "ad hom" response is one which attacks the opponent personally, such as with an insult (as you've done, above). Ad hom responses are almost universally looked down on as being a dirty tactic or cheap shot. 

But I suspect you knew these things. I lso suspect you don't much care, but I'll tell you anyway: you're really hurting your cause when you try to bully someone into silence.

Quote from: Sardondi on November 20, 2012, 10:37:10 PM
Your post reminds me of the old Ring Lardner line: " 'Shut up', he explained."

Sounds like you're tired and just want P*B to shut up and go away. But he won't. Damn those pesky conservatives and their insistence on their right to free expression.

Do you really not get that "ad hom" responses are universally frowned upon as being, at a minimum, in poor taste? It is short for "ad hominem, meaning literally "to the man". An ad hominem or "ad hom" response is one which attacks the opponent personally, such as with an insult (as you've done, above). Ad hom responses are almost universally looked down on as being a dirty tactic or cheap shot. 

But I suspect you knew these things. I lso suspect you don't much care, but I'll tell you anyway: you're really hurting your cause when you try to bully someone into silence.
As there is no "there" there, it would be pointless to attempt to engage in any meaningful discussion.  It would merely be dismissed, out of hand, as "not passing the smell test"' or in sweeping generalizations that "all people on the left" are this, or most recently, only conservatives have the best interest of "fags" in mind.  I see you yourself are prone to this mode of thinking.

So yes, it was ad hom.  I once though of paper boy as being part of a group of useful idiots (look it up, you might find it illuminating in a profoundly personal way), who along with with Fox News, RedState.com, Drudge, and the usual bunch gift wrapped an election for the most mediocre and beatable president in recent memory.  Lately, though, I have begun to think the "useful" part is superfluous.

Sardondi

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 20, 2012, 11:18:42 PM....So yes, it was ad hom.  I once though of paper boy as being part of a group of useful idiots (look it up, you might find it illuminating in a profoundly personal way), ...

Really? Now I have to explain "gratuitous" as well? Because there was nothing in my post that called for your response. I didn't deserve it. And by the way, circling around from the flank doesn't make it any less a personal insult, even if you think that because you didn't literally say, "You're an idiot too" that you were clever.

Quote from: Sardondi on November 20, 2012, 11:32:37 PM

Really? Now I have to explain "gratuitous" as well? Because there was nothing in my post that called for your response. I didn't deserve it. And by the way, circling around from the flank doesn't make it any less a personal insult, even if you think that because you didn't literally say, "You're an idiot too" that you were clever.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the above as being a wee bit condescending, particularly the need to define ad hominem, as if it were a term I might not be familiar with. Perhaps I leapt to the conclusion that you would only jump to the defense of those that are ideologically aligned with your own thinking, and that your shock at my frothy rancor was a bit, shall we say, disingenuous. Indeed, I may have erred in these conclusions.  Maybe you will enlighten us with a pithy defense of the right of those whose political views might be different than yours to speak out. 

On the other hand, you might just believe that veiled language somehow puts one above the fray, and that blunt and direct language is, a bit too gauche?

This is a person from the smug sophisticated self-congratulatory Liberal echo chamber to the North - Canada. 

As he mentioned, he moved to Texas to find a job.  Not some Green Paradise like New York or California, but Texas - those redneck bible thumpers - how humiliating that must be.

If I was as off-base as he says, wouldn't he just laugh and move on to the next post, like I do when I see his?

Marc.Knight

I am going to get punched for saying this, but this forum is beginning to sound like catty conversations one might hear in bathhouses across San Francisco.  If, er, one were to frequent such a place. ::)

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 20, 2012, 11:54:20 PM
This is a person from the smug sophisticated self-congratulatory Liberal echo chamber to the North - Canada. 

As he mentioned, he moved to Texas to find a job.  Not some Green Paradise like New York or California, but Texas - those redneck bible thumpers - how humiliating that must be.

If I was as off-base as he says, wouldn't he just laugh and move on to the next post, like I do when I see his?
First sentence, no argument.  Second sentence, not so much.  Transferred here, Canadian company, doing our best to help you guys out after you fucked up your economy.  Most of my staff are good, hard working Americans, who were let go by poorly managed American companies, had there jobs shipped overseas, or are just happy to work for a company that has full health care, a defined benefits pension plan, and all the other goodies that Canadian companies still offer their employees.  No offense, but when it comes to competing with local firms for talent, it's like taking candy from a baby for us ice backs.

Don't bother sending a résumé , PB, I suspect you would be bad for team morale.

ziznak

Quote from: Marc knight on November 20, 2012, 11:55:59 PM
I am going to get punched for saying this, but this forum is beginning to sound like catty conversations one might hear in bathhouses across San Francisco.  If, er, one were to frequent such a place. ::)
hehe... he called everybody fags.  I had totally been passing over this thread for a few days now only to find all this rich creamy penis joke yumminess and bob grau's attack on jazzys vaggy??? my mind is blown...

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on November 21, 2012, 12:26:04 AM
hehe... he called everybody fags.  I had totally been passing over this thread for a few days now only to find all this rich creamy penis joke yumminess and bob grau's attack on jazzys vaggy??? my mind is blown...

Yikes. When you put it like that, I'm starting to feel a little bad about it all.

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on November 21, 2012, 01:25:43 AM
i like turtles.

Are these ninja, or standard? Remember you're only allowed to choose one.

Zircon

I must compliment you on your seeming command of the English language - your lexicon of colorful adjectives is impressive. I think a person like Paper*Boy would have to agree that you are a formidable writer and are a master of the intellectual insult.

However, the PB has proven many a time that most others are rank amateurs.

McPhallus

I'm thinking RCD might have a cameo in PB's next cartoon.

Pragmier

to further the definition:  an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise.

"A typical thuggish Leftist group"

"This is the filth the Corrupt Media and the Left is constantly pumping into our body politic."

"I have nothing but contempt for the Left, for the National Democrats in DC, the decision makers among top Libs and 'Progressives'. "

"This is a person from the smug sophisticated self-congratulatory Liberal echo chamber to the North - Canada."

"They [the Left] didn't learn much about the founding of our country, didn't read the documents such as the Federalist Papers or even the Constitution, don't have a solid understanding of economics"

"The ghetto dwellers, and the others that can't even take care of themselves, that make up the majority of the Democrat Party"

"In order to be a 'Progressive', one has to either be willfully destructive (see:  Obama, the hard core Occupy thugs, Move.On), or have a complete inability to look behind them and see the damage their policies have caused."

"The thing about the Left - at least the home grown Move.On types we have in America, is they are usually small and weak, mostly unarmed and afraid of guns - they def do like to talk big, issue threats, name call, lie and smear - but in the end they are mostly spoiled kids or spoiled adults that never grew up, and cowards."

Those sound pretty insulting. I don't consider myself a thug, my views as filth, destructive, spoiled, I'll put my understanding of economics against most amateurs, don't live in the ghetto, don't issue threats. I like to stick to the issues and discuss them on their own terms. But hey, it's the Politics thread - we've been warned.

Sardondi

Quote from: Pragmier on November 21, 2012, 12:47:42 PM
to further the definition:  an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise....

Whoa, cowboy. I understand your point, but truly you don't want to push the definition to include positions held, do you? Because we'd be here for weeks recounting similar and considerably worse from side sinister. C'mon, you know that.