• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Their vote is worth the same as yours...

Started by Eddie Coyle, November 06, 2012, 04:30:40 PM

Eddie Coyle

I just endured a conversation with a neighbor, a nice enough lady...but I was reminded of how depressing this time of year is.

This lady, who was all excited about going to the library to vote, was telling me about her intention to "vote for Tierney"...I just listened, mouth agape in horror. Speechless(no easy feat for me) and desperately looking for an exit.

Tierney is not up for election in OUR district. Not even close. This lady is not a first time voter, she was probably eligible to vote in 1968. And yet she's full of zest to vote, but blissfully unaware for who or why she's voting.

Pragmier

Aww leave her alone Tom seems like a swell guy. Does he even stand a chance?

"When it comes to taxation, Tierney wants to return to the Clinton-Gingrich-era tax policies of the 1990s. The Republican candidate argues tax increases are needed to help balance the budget and lower the deficit."

-Wickedlocal

ChewMouse

I was once taxed with taking three van-loads of schizophrenics and cognitively impaired individuals to the voting place. They'd never voted before, but some organization of do-gooders (probably the Junior League) had come in during October and registered them all. I had to go into the booth with each and every one, which is probably not even legal, and make sure they could move the levers. (This was years ago, obviously.) For some of them, I had to read the candidates' names and move the levers myself. I could easily have clocked thirty votes for candidates of my own choice.

I was so furious by the end of the day. It literally took approximately half an hour for each person to "vote" and not one of them understood who the candidate was, let alone what the office was, and this was a presidential election.

I got totally drunk that night.

Zircon

I salute you as the "Mouse that Could". I'd have had an aneurism if I had to deal with something like that. They'd be dragging me out by my feet, my head bouncing on the door step and each 7 inch step leading down to the driveway. I surely hope you got plastered on some really good stuff. You deserved it (for starters).

The General

Quote from: ChewMouse on November 06, 2012, 05:25:00 PM
I was once taxed with taking three van-loads of schizophrenics and cognitively impaired individuals to the voting place. They'd never voted before, but some organization of do-gooders (probably the Junior League) had come in during October and registered them all. I had to go into the booth with each and every one, which is probably not even legal, and make sure they could move the levers. (This was years ago, obviously.) For some of them, I had to read the candidates' names and move the levers myself. I could easily have clocked thirty votes for candidates of my own choice.

I was so furious by the end of the day. It literally took approximately half an hour for each person to "vote" and not one of them understood who the candidate was, let alone what the office was, and this was a presidential election.

I got totally drunk that night.
We need IQ tests, literacy tests, and voter ID laws.
In my state, they've made it easy for all the mouth breathers to vote. Everyone votes from home.  There are no polling places.  This handy video has all the details we stupid voters need, and also has the diversity of a McDonalds commercial.  Isn't it special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mu3Boxr3dVs#!

Zircon

Quote from: Thomas Firepickle on November 06, 2012, 10:23:22 PM
Oh Obama won by the way :P
Your avatar is enough to turn a straight guy => gay. What a fucking hound. MY neutered dog would even hike his leg.

Zircon

Quote from: The General on November 06, 2012, 06:33:14 PM
We need IQ tests, literacy tests, and voter ID laws.
In my state, they've made it easy for all the mouth breathers to vote. Everyone votes from home.  There are no polling places.  This handy video has all the details we stupid voters need, and also has the diversity of a McDonalds commercial.  Isn't it special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mu3Boxr3dVs#!
General, I know I'm not one of your favorite conversationalists but I watched that video. Seems like a good idea. And yes, I noted the diversity. A lot like Boeing commercials. White males are a rarity but, as we've been instructed by Chris Matthews and other media outlets, white males are the "Bain" of the world and just plain racists. Ask anyone in Seattle ... even white guys.

My daughter went back to Seattle for a vacation to see her friend. They went clubbing or to a young person's bar in downtown Seattle on the same night of the Ryan-Biden "debate" (more like a clown show from Biden). Anyway, my daughter and her friend decided to start talking about young woman stuff etc. They were promptly told to be quiet and people cheered when Biden shit on Ryan. Yep, Seattle is inclusive as long as you exclude anything conservative or traditional white male.

Pragmier

You can take things too far. A few years back I was visiting the Seattle area with my folks, and we came upon

a bronze statue of Lenin. Our family emigrated from Cuba so you can guess how that went over.

The General

Quote from: Zircon on November 07, 2012, 02:24:13 PM
General, I know I'm not one of your favorite conversationalists but I watched that video. Seems like a good idea. And yes, I noted the diversity.

I've got no problem with you. 

My problem with the vote by mail situation is that it is prone to much more fraud than even our already shady voting system.  First of all, it depends on the incompetent US Post Office for Christ's sake.  The Post Office!  It also allows unscrupulous individuals to vote multiple times and there is no way to check the validity of the ballot.  It also is much more susceptible to fraud from within the system.  It's bad enough that we don't check ID's at the polls, now they've even done away with the polls alltogether!  Let's vote by mail!  Just make a handy dandy little video of a black woman and a cripple voting and we're in business!  What's next, vote by iPhone?

My daughter went back to Seattle for a vacation to see her friend. They went clubbing or to a young person's bar in downtown Seattle on the same night of the Ryan-Biden "debate" (more like a clown show from Biden). Anyway, my daughter and her friend decided to start talking about young woman stuff etc. They were promptly told to be quiet and people cheered when Biden shit on Ryan. Yep, Seattle is inclusive as long as you exclude anything conservative or traditional white male.
Seattle sucks.  Don't come here.  We have enough problems.

... Yep, Seattle is inclusive as long as you exclude anything conservative or traditional white male.

That's how these diverse, enlightened, tolerant, peaceful folks act.  The more of them there are around, the worse it is.

McPhallus

Quote from: The General on November 07, 2012, 05:46:33 PM

What's next, vote by iPhone?

I can't wait until they allow voting directly from Facebook.  Oh yay.

BTW, am I insane or did your avatar recently grow a mustache??

ziznak

Quote from: McPhallus on November 07, 2012, 06:59:59 PM
I can't wait until they allow voting directly from Facebook.  Oh yay.

BTW, am I insane or did your avatar recently grow a mustache??
lol and slowly generals snorey stache is being noticed...