• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

David Paulides Missing 411

Started by goldendeal, January 22, 2015, 10:38:00 PM

Juan Cena

Quote from: littlechris on August 30, 2015, 10:38:29 PM
Looking forward to tonight's show. Knapp is always on point and Paulides is always an interesting guest.

Knapp and Paulides click in the way Art clicks with RCH. Even if Paulides is an even bigger fraud than RCH could ever be.

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 30, 2015, 10:47:08 PM
Knapp and Paulides click in the way Art clicks with RCH. Even if Paulides is an even bigger fraud than RCH could ever be.

Woah!  Hold on there.  Nobody outdoes Richard C. Hoagland!

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 30, 2015, 10:50:11 PM
I want Paulides and RCH! Ridgelines, and mountains were on a 19.5? Highways, on ley-lines (well that's more others) but still could be 19.5 in some orientation. Cronkite mentioning on the news missing people. The mind wanders. Could be good!

Juan Cena

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 30, 2015, 10:50:11 PM

I feel RCH is more sincere when it comes to his modus operandi. Paulides seems to be concerned with selling his books than actually finding answers or solutions.

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on August 30, 2015, 10:53:40 PM
I want Paulides and RCH! Ridgelines, and mountains were on a 19.5? Highways, on ley-lines (well that's more others) but still could be 19.5 in some orientation. Cronkite mentioning on the news missing people. The mind wanders. Could be good!

Hmmm, I wonder if RCH has ever been asked about Cronkite's supposed involvement with the Bohemian Grove? I need to file that one away...

Amethyst

I don't always go to the bathroom in the woods, but when I do, I take a gun.

Juan Cena

Paulides is starting to play the conspiracy spank talk when it comes to the NPS and the US Forestry Service.

He's either lying or massively naive when it comes to the policing powers of the Nat. Parks Service and the US Forestry Service. We're not talking about organizations with facilities anywhere close to what you'd find in an average city police force here.

And I doubt he naive.

Juan Cena

I think he's talking about the same cases the "Smiley Face Killer" lady that Ian interviewed.

I'm having a hard time believing Bigfoot is the "Smiley Face Killer."

Juan Cena

Paulides supposedly doesn't understand how young men could have very high blood alchol counts.

Also, Bigfoot is apparently into young men.

zeebo

I'm a little surprised he's bringing up these urban cases.  Seems to sort of argue against the whole remote nat'l forest scenarios. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Amethyst on August 30, 2015, 11:49:27 PM
I don't always go to the bathroom in the woods, but when I do, I take a gun.

And some building materials, plumbing, a bath, sink and bath and maybe a shower cubicle?

I follow a few Facebook groups focusing on the smiley face killer explanation .. Not sure if I buy it but some really do. However you have to admit perfectly healthy young men dying in rivers and streams (sometimes only a foot deep) is a strange coninshidensche

Gingerwatch

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 30, 2015, 11:55:25 PM
I think he's talking about the same cases the "Smiley Face Killer" lady that Ian interviewed.

THANK YOU!  I just listened to the George Knapp / David Paulides Sunday night extravaganza via Streamlink.  I was totally having a heart attack the whole time!  Ian Punnett and that reporter Kristy Piehl already did that whole thing!  I have not listened to the final hour yet but I'm assuming neither Knapp or Paulides gave credit where credit is due.  You BELLGAB guys & gals are making me think differently about Paulides.  I mean, I've been a true believer of him for years.  But you guys forced me to go out and look some stuff up about him.  I still like him but now I'm totally aghast that Knapp and him would dare cover that topic for four hours as if we FORGOT IAN'S SHOW!  DO THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID?!  Like they can just repackage the content and we won't notice?

albrecht

Quote from: Gingerwatch on September 01, 2015, 12:54:08 PM
THANK YOU!  I just listened to the George Knapp / David Paulides Sunday night extravaganza via Streamlink.  I was totally having a heart attack the whole time!  Ian Punnett and that reporter Kristy Piehl already did that whole thing!  I have not listened to the final hour yet but I'm assuming neither Knapp or Paulides gave credit where credit is due.  You BELLGAB guys & gals are making me think differently about Paulides.  I mean, I've been a true believer of him for years.  But you guys forced me to go out and look some stuff up about him.  I still like him but now I'm totally aghast that Knapp and him would dare cover that topic for four hours as if we FORGOT IAN'S SHOW!  DO THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID?!  Like they can just repackage the content and we won't notice?
Giving Knapp a bit of an excuse, those shows with Kristy Piehl were 5+ years ago (I think) and he wasn't the host. And it is not like C2C etc don't rehash topics. Ideally a guest should give credit if it is someone else's research or idea- but new listeners, etc and there could be new developments so a topic from the past (and maybe still on going) is ok.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 30, 2015, 11:55:25 PM

If you listen carefully, Paulides went out of his way to avoid mentioning "smiley face", instead he said something like certain graffiti that some believed tied these disappearances together.  This is typical of Paulides, he either withholds information (such as he also did with the Elisa Lam case) that doesn't support his position, or makes subtle references/claims that he doesn't bother to substantiate but leads the listener to believe are factual.  A couple professional search and rescue types on this site did a good job in previous posts pointing out examples of the latter.

It was obvious he was all but saying the urban disappearances were alien abduction related, just as he all but says the wildernesses disappearances are Bigfoot related.  Clearly not even Paulides could spin the urban stories to imply Bigfoot, so he has gone with the alien angle for his new study.

Bradsmith313

QuotePaulides dismissed outright in his on air interview with George Knapp on Coast to Coast AM, of people taking their clothes off. Contrary to Paulides and his inexperience as a Search and Rescue professional, in advance cases of Hypothermia people do take articles of clothing off. Many of the cases where clothes were removed can be attributed to this. This phenomenon is described as paradoxical undressing. In other words, when hypothermia sets in, your skin feels as if it is on fire. This combined with an altered state of mind is the reason why people in advanced stages of hypothermia, take their clothes off. You think you're hot when obviously not. Compounding this is "terminal burrowing." People tend to take their clothes off and hide. It's also called hide and die. This may seem counter-intuitive as a number of people in the woods do exactly that. It is not uncommon for people to take their clothes off and hide just before they die of hypothermia.
I've covered a number of search and rescue cases, and some missing persons, and have come across people experiencing hypothermia. I can't believe this coming from someone who has supposedly interviewed SAR personnel has never heard of hypothermia. That's a common concern in some SAR operations.

Quote from: rob69 on August 18, 2015, 05:21:14 PM
Knapp is an entertainer.  He may have had some credibility in the past but now not so much.  He hitched his wagon to Bob Lazar for years.  He like Paulides is a good story teller.  He seriously strained his credulity after his failed attempt to prove his claim (among a host of others) that the government erased his entire school career (MIT) to include yearbooks and photos.  Anyone with any critical thinking skills RAN away from him.  I don't know what Knapps's relationship with him is presently, but for all intents and purposes Lazar was proven to be a con-man who could spin a good yarn.
=====================================
'Allo!
With you am i yet.
Heard of the supposed debunking of Lazar.
Not so sure he was an fake,more likeley he was bona fide from the"Billy Goodman Happening"period,however when he broke the code of "omerta"he was smeared by disinformers.
Noone here seem to remember how Mr.Bell latched on to Knapp's leg work vis.Groom Lake to validate all kinds of Ufo stuff,some disinformers hit art,too,when he was set up by the F(acisti) B(itch) I(nseminators)over the package of stolen papers sent to his mail box in Pahrump.
One night he came on live & wheezeing indignantly,saying he just exited the taxi outside his trailer.
He said his lawyer told him to keep mum,but then went on that the feddies arrested him and took him to Vegas to book him,then he bailed and had to possibly beg his lawyer for cash to taxi back,getting to home just seconds ago.
This was after the family issues with his son,but before Ramona dropped.
Never an other word,in print,audio,hand jive,about his trial for espionage by fbi..
Yet,he seemed prone to booking serious disinformers,takeing shill calls after that.
He also sounded more depressed vocally,to me.
Any one have tapes of this on-air plaint??
"B_B"
PS:I believe some of the Paulides stories from 19th.C.books,papers,refer to the wehrwulf-dog-thing in Michigan,indiana,other midwestern dog-thing history.
Definitely not to wild-person-things.
Paulides found some very rare stories by missing/lost children seeming fairy-abduction types like europe.

b_dubb

Hypothermia doesn't sell books. That's all the huckster Paulides cares about.

Juan Cena

Quote from: b_dubb on September 01, 2015, 09:52:43 PM
Hypothermia doesn't sell books. That's all the huckster Paulides cares about.

I'm sure there's a market for books on hypothermia prevention. A limited market, granted, but a market nevertheless.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 01, 2015, 06:36:56 PM
If you listen carefully, Paulides went out of his way to avoid mentioning "smiley face", instead he said something like certain graffiti that some believed tied these disappearances together.  This is typical of Paulides, he either withholds information (such as he also did with the Elisa Lam case) that doesn't support his position, or makes subtle references/claims that he doesn't bother to substantiate but leads the listener to believe are factual.  A couple professional search and rescue types on this site did a good job in previous posts pointing out examples of the latter.

It was obvious he was all but saying the urban disappearances were alien abduction related, just as he all but says the wildernesses disappearances are Bigfoot related.  Clearly not even Paulides could spin the urban stories to imply Bigfoot, so he has gone with the alien angle for his new study.

I'm sure wouldn't hard for Paulides to play the "Bigfoot is an alien" card. Heck, "The Six Million-Dollar Man" did it almost 40 years ago.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 01, 2015, 10:30:31 PM
I'm sure wouldn't hard for Paulides to play the "Bigfoot is an alien" card. Heck, "The Six Million-Dollar Man" did it almost 40 years ago.

He's too smart for that.  He comes out and says it's the big, hairy guy, he loses all the people who are interested in his books for non-paranormal reasons.  In other words, most of them.

Robert

Quote from: Gingerwatch on September 01, 2015, 12:54:08 PMTHANK YOU!  I just listened to the George Knapp / David Paulides Sunday night extravaganza via Streamlink.  I was totally having a heart attack the whole time!  Ian Punnett and that reporter Kristy Piehl already did that whole thing!  I have not listened to the final hour yet but I'm assuming neither Knapp or Paulides gave credit where credit is due.  You BELLGAB guys & gals are making me think differently about Paulides.  I mean, I've been a true believer of him for years.  But you guys forced me to go out and look some stuff up about him.  I still like him but now I'm totally aghast that Knapp and him would dare cover that topic for four hours as if we FORGOT IAN'S SHOW!  DO THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID?!  Like they can just repackage the content and we won't notice?
I noticed yrs. ago that the emcees & producers of the various C2C shows (and they practically are different shows) apparently didn't listen to, let alone coordinate w, each other.  What you're referring to above sometimes happened days, not years, apart.

AppealPlay

Looks like maybe Paulides is on MITD tomorrow...or someone else with the initials DP.

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/874164445965009?pnref=story

scottydawg

Yeps barely a week later now he's on with Art tonite! The pool of guests is getting shallow. Think of how many have passed away just in within the last 5 years. Kinda like at the Star Trek conventions where they drag up on stage people who were just on 3 or 4 episodes as a background actor. As we get further into the last 4 months of this year it's just gonna get worse I think.  The only thing Art should do is more stories and reports of what's going on in the Philippines with the wicked weather and the Chinese military flexing their muscles in the area. Airyn must know of some haunted places on the islands. Also that story that we heard a bit of the US Military abandoning their base on an island in Japan that was haunted by the ghosts of WW2 Japanese soldiers!  Guess I'll just listen to some of Classic Art from the 90's.

CornyCrow

Quote from: berry on August 08, 2015, 05:43:54 AM
I bought the books and funded $50. Hell, if anything it is entertainment, right?  It is like wrestling. I'm going to pretend like it is real and just enjoy the ride.
Yep.  There are some bitter minds in the world that seem to reject anything unexplained as being a hoax.  Even if things ultimately have a rational explanation, and I'm sure we all hope for that, these stories are engaging.  I had a really weird experience once, but I'll be darned if I would mention it here.  Who wants to be ridiculed by sceptics?  I'd be better off telling the Amazing Randi. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: scottydawg on September 07, 2015, 04:40:03 PM
Yeps barely a week later now he's on with Art tonite! The pool of guests is getting shallow. Think of how many have passed away just in within the last 5 years. Kinda like at the Star Trek conventions where they drag up on stage people who were just on 3 or 4 episodes as a background actor. As we get further into the last 4 months of this year it's just gonna get worse I think.  The only thing Art should do is more stories and reports of what's going on in the Philippines with the wicked weather and the Chinese military flexing their muscles in the area. Airyn must know of some haunted places on the islands. Also that story that we heard a bit of the US Military abandoning their base on an island in Japan that was haunted by the ghosts of WW2 Japanese soldiers!  Guess I'll just listen to some of Classic Art from the 90's.
We should really figure out what interests us and request shows on those things.  Maybe the paranormal and ufo's are stretched thin.  How about some of the topics, but more in depth, that are covered in VICE?  How about going over to the NPR website and checking out some of their interviews? 

THere are books by people who supposedly went undercover for some reason, and those who were in witness protection, and books on human trafficking.   All those things are interesting to me.  Anyone else?

Just Me

Listened to last nights mitd with fart balls and David Palisades (Pau lides). Great show but it sounded to me like fart balls is snorons separated at birth twin. Fart made similar noises in the mic that disturbingly sounded like snoron for a moment. Perhaps they are radio mic doppelgangers with photo shopped faces for public consumption.

Anyway,

Fart was stumbling around trying to keep the interaction on track but fart lost his mojo early on. Paulides tells the audience some good stuff and was caught off guard by a fart out of the blue inquiry. Paulides states he wasn't ready for that and must now go off his script to make some kinda answer.

Paulides is a cop and cops are rigid in there thinking, they know more than you and me so have the answers tucked away in their heads. I have to commend Paulides for protecting his reputation from those who would throw down strategic character assassination. Like that ex cop dyers with the bigfoot in a freezer sham. Dyer got burned down, got back up, and burned back down again.

I've read 4 of Paulides books on 411 missing and he pulls the stories from public archives with a little dab of another authors findings to hedge his approach. Now he has a new book number 5 and I'll read that but I'm suspicious of Paulides now.

I caught his c2c show with George Knapp a week ago and he was all over that Elisa Lam story, after I emailed him 2013 he should look into that story because I detected similarities to his books. Someone emailed back, no name or any indication it was Paulides in all the emails I exchanged with his organization, "Nothing outwardly weird. She was murdered and stuffed in the watertank.
We don't investigate urban disappearances".

It was a total blow off response with who ever was responding quite abruptly dismissing the point.

I emailed his organization again some time later and stated he should take another look at this Elisa Lam case and this time the response was, "I think you have a misperception about our project and work. You need to read the books to understand the complexity of what we've found." Funny, I read all his books to that time but the canned response was to read his books.

Now Paulides is all over the Elisa Lam case and that's his crown jewel for selling his books.

I was shocked to hear his position change from what his first two replies indicated.

Edit to ad:

I emailed Paulides again after the George Knapp show with, "I see you changed your mind" Including all the previous emails to check into Elisa Lam case. I also mentioned the Wisconsin murder were the smiley face murders and also mysteriously connected to the process church of the final judgement satanic killings.

No response, Of course, Busted. That's how it goes in the world of selling books.

Lola2001

I wonder if anyone has made any kind of connection between these cases and the Dyatlov Pass incident. They have a lot of similarities.....

rob69

Quote from: Just Me on September 08, 2015, 01:28:59 PMI've read 4 of Paulides books on 411 missing and he pulls the stories from public archives with a little dab of another authors findings to hedge his approach. Now he has a new book number 5 and I'll read that but I'm suspicious of Paulides now.

At least you’re seeing the light. 

Quote from: Just Me on September 08, 2015, 01:28:59 PMI caught his c2c show with George Knapp a week ago and he was all over that Elisa Lam story, after I emailed him 2013 he should look into that story because I detected similarities to his books.

I am not familiar with the Elisa Lam case; I will definitely look into it.  I emailed Super Dave regarding the Death Valley German tourists and the disappearance of William Michael Ewasko in Joshua Tree National Park.   The tourists were found, albeit their remains, William Michael Ewasko was not!  He disappeared in the Joshua Tree National Park in 2010 and has NEVER been located. I am not sure that Super Dave has picked up on his disappearance but his case is "STRANGE" due to the numerous cell phone pings the towers received and a host of other issues too numerous to go into here.