• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Saw Art yesterday

Started by juanelo, January 07, 2014, 11:13:20 PM

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on May 01, 2014, 11:21:09 PM
Speaking as an individual with my own chronic spinal injury, I am willing to bet he is simply going with the Distanced Middle Digit, as often as possible.

^^!^^

Always was a fan favorite pic...

[attachimg=1]

jazmunda

Quote from: bigchucka on May 02, 2014, 08:36:45 PM
Always was a fan favorite pic...

I've always wondered whether that is a legit picture or photoshopped? What is the source?

George Drooly

Quote from: jazmunda on May 03, 2014, 05:36:03 PM
I've always wondered whether that is a legit picture or photoshopped? What is the source?

http://www.siriusxm.com/

Does anyone happen to have the full size picture of Art in what I presumed was a Madman Markham costume?  Someone was wearing it as an icon around here not too long ago.

bigchucka

Quote from: jazmunda on May 03, 2014, 05:36:03 PM

I Google image searched Art Bell Finger.  I don't have the knowledge to determine other than that the authenticity of the photo.  Maybe Art one day will post us a real one if it's a fake...

WOTR

Quote from: c337pilot on January 08, 2014, 02:31:05 AM
Check Norris will win because Art Will Quit. Art is good at quitting.
Just noticed this... but in reality I cannot imagine the fight ever happening.  I think Art signed a non-compete with Norris.

pate

Strangest thing, Art farted on my dog yesterday...

Here's the weird part:  she has had cancer for a few months now (NOT ART'S FAULT!). 

Too bad Chuck won't cry (I hear his tears cure cancer or something)...

Heck, I still have my fingers crossed that Chuck felt bad for the pup and rubbed some Vicks under his eyes and let my dog nuzzle his beard for a second to catch a drop of sweet cure...  Counts as compassion, but not tears of such.

God Bless you Chuck...

aldousburbank

Art came over yesterday with some top flight acid. He said to tell you all high.

bigchucka

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 11, 2014, 06:38:25 AM
Art came over yesterday with some top flight acid. He said to tell you all high.

Was it Timothy Leary's stash he asked Terence and Dennis about?

aldousburbank

Quote from: bigchucka on May 11, 2014, 08:35:39 AM

Was it Timothy Leary's stash he asked Terence and Dennis about?
It was mine originally.

bigchucka

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 11, 2014, 08:38:04 AM
It was mine originally.

twenty thousand hits of blue santos... those words sound like what i heard

aldousburbank

Quote from: bigchucka on May 11, 2014, 08:44:24 AM
twenty thousand hits of blue santos... those words sound like what i heard
Art actually had his urban acid legends mixed up a bit. While there was a legendary stash of Sandoz (the original manufacturing laboratories), it is probably somewhere around Casa Grande, Az where the infamous Captain Al Hubbard spent his last years. He refused to return his stash previously obtained from well connected sources after the controllers began their war on consciousness. If you find it, let me know. There is a reward.

bigchucka

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 11, 2014, 08:59:38 AM
Art actually had his urban acid legends mixed up a bit. While there was a legendary stash of Sandoz (the original manufacturing laboratories), it is probably somewhere around Casa Grande, Az where the infamous Captain Al Hubbard spent his last years. He refused to return his stash previously obtained from well connected sources after the controllers began their war on consciousness. If you find it, let me know. There is a reward.

I'm thinking Dennis comment was... "well, it better be refrigerated and stored properly..."

onan

I think I still have Owsley on speed dial, let me check.

bigchucka

That and I read a while back that to make the "actual" stuff there's one key chemical that isn't made anywhere worldwide anymore.  Used "actual" cause dumb fuckers will make up ANYTHING if they think it'll work...

http://youtu.be/wyuFBmlQS_s

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on May 11, 2014, 09:09:30 AM

I think I still have Owsley on speed dial, let me check.
Heh, The Bear, alas he ascended to the big lab in the sky a few years back. He used to tell me that I was crazy for not joining him in Australia. Stay high Kid Charlamagne![attachimg=1]

area51drone

jazmunda - did you ever call into art during his coast to coast days, or can we only blame you for ruining dark matter?

aldousburbank

Ready for the GabCast!
[attachimg=1]

pate

I was minding my own busidess and this quy walk up all jazz-hands with me, not in my face, but still jazz hands...

Goofy dentures, and something about moon base and 'nother thangs...

I think it was Art anyhow...

Surmo

Recently I was looking to buy some vacant land from the U.S. Govt., up in Oregon.  While looking over the property, I came across this hole in the ground.  A real deep hole.  As I looked at it, down from the highlands came Art Bell and some other guy, carrying wastebaskets of paper.  As they dumped them into the hole, I asked what they were.  "Non-compete agreements" said Art.  What are those, I asked?  "Something that can ruin a man's life," he answered.  The other man mumbled something about returning to Australia as they walked away, but I was by then otherwise occupied fighting off a baby seal type creature that had crawled out of the hole, whose moustache and face looked like George Noory's.

Jackstar

I got down to the County Administration Building today (don't ask) at 16:42... and the sign on the door of the office I needed said it was closed at 16:30.

Art was on the other side of the door. I could see him through the glass. I knocked and waved at him! And he came over!

And he said, "You didn't turn your radio off." Then he turned, and walked away.

Crestfallen.

paladin1991

I saw Art this morning at the kwiki-mart.  I got 20 bux in gas, a slurpee (grape), a corn dog, a box of condoms and box of 12 gauge.  He pretended not to know me. 

But I remember.  I remember.

It was that first run through Ramadi and the enemy fire was coming at us like fucking sleet.   I look across the street for my next run to cover and there he is.  RIGHT.  FUCKING.  THERE. 
He sucks on a smoke as our eyes meet.  I'm on the SincGars radio, advising of our position (deep shit) and that we are advancing (into more shit).  A part of my mind marvels at the fact that Art and I are literally 40 feet or an eternity apart, across some shit street in some shit town in some shit country in some shit war. 
I was about to call out a question, when clear as a BELL, through all that madness, I hear him say, "You have to turn off your radio."  He turned and walked into the wrecked coffee shop behind him just as the CAS came overhead and lit up the buildings to our front.

I taught Art how to fist bump.

Jackstar

I got onto the phone with Art the other day. He had some guest on who was talking about how Hawai'i was going to literally flip over, upside down, during the upcoming polar shift.

Anyway, I got on live, and Art didn't like my question, and then he hung up on me, and then said to the guest, in front of the whole global audience, "that caller simply wasn't listening."

Oh, the irony. My radio was off then. Does anyone remember who that guest was? This was in '97-'98 sometime, I think.

paladin1991

I love how on my puter that everytime I hit 'go up' at the bottom of the thread, it goes up and first post I see is Art giving me the finger. 

Love it. 

bigchucka

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 24, 2014, 11:18:10 AM
I love how on my puter that everytime I hit 'go up' at the bottom of the thread, it goes up and first post I see is Art giving me the finger. 

Love it.

You're welcome.  It was my perfect response to Jackstar's comment... Since it was brought up by Jaz I've been wondering if it's a legitimate pic as well... never did hear if anyone looked into it...

Jackstar

Quote from: bigchucka on May 24, 2014, 03:51:33 PM
It was my perfect response to Jackstar's comment...

At first, I was like, "huh? what did I do this time?" but now I remember.

That is a great picture. Slightly more background: I grew up with a father who had chronic low back pain, and I heard Art whinging about his chronic low back pain, and still, I never had much cognizance or sympathy about such things... until I developed my own chronic cervical spinal pain.

I totally get it now! You're all getting a finger, one way or another. Line up and enjoy it. Also, I am reasonably confident that is a real picture of the real Art with his real finger. I do not remember the context, however.

retired41

i will give you the answer that no dr. will give to a paitent with lower back pain your body is low in selenium it controls muscle and nerve regeneration .people with speech problems samething low in selenium.