A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Morgus

Wells just referred to Ian Punnett had "jettisoned himself from the mothership"

Quote from: Morgus on July 21, 2013, 01:09:34 AM

I get it.  You don't jettison unless the mothership is going down in flames.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 20, 2013, 11:52:54 PM
I didn't like the crack he made about the Bible being a comic book, frankly.

How can that possibly be controversial? Except to his disciples, who, hanging onto his every word will now be left bewildered; with the prospect of their prophet resembling paper...Such a shame.  ;D

That's given me an idea. Maybe he can capitalise on it and endorse a device (at $4000 incl taxes) that restores your faith in talk show hosts?

VtaGeezer

There is something more than usual wrong with him tonight, though. I can't believe some of these callers. Is it poor screening or just nobody better calling?
A year or so back wasn't Wells inferring, without explicity saying so, that he was a Christian fundamentalist?

NoMoreNoory

Speaking of The Bible, Wells caught out with the laziness of his news segment in which he just drops a few headlines. 'Archaeologists discover King David's palace' he announced last night. That might be the Internet headline here and there, but they've done no such thing. They've discovered a fortified settlement near Jerusalem which may belong to 'the time of King David'. There is, in any case, no hard historical or archaeological evidence that David ever existed. He may be a kind of Hebrew King Arthur.
Typical of the shoddy broadcasting that permeates C2C at the moment.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on July 21, 2013, 01:09:34 AM

"Gee... I wonder where they're all going?" - Ensign J.B. Wells, from the bridge of the HMS Mothership

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on July 21, 2013, 09:56:32 AM

"Gee... I wonder where they're all going?" - Ensign J.B. Wells, from the bridge of the HMS Mothership

Or......

Deactivation of Hal 9000

ItsOver

"Daisy, Daisy......."   ;D

yumyumtree

I think I had turned off the radio by then. But isn't it possible he just wasn't using the word "jettison" correctly? I only use it in relation to cargo. He wasn't functioning that well last night.

ItsOver

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 21, 2013, 10:51:23 AM
I think I had turned off the radio by then. But isn't it possible he just wasn't using the word "jettison" correctly? I only use it in relation to cargo. He wasn't functioning that well last night.

"Ejected" or "escaped from the Mothership" probably would have been more appropriate for Punnett.  Now for Wells, "jettisoned" would be appropriate, as in "jettisoned the jetsam."  Jetsam is part of a ship, its equipment, or its cargo that is purposefully cast overboard or jettisoned to lighten the load in time of distress and that sinks or is washed ashore.  In light of Noory's long-term contract, Capt. Jorch should just go down with the Mothership.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 21, 2013, 09:31:02 AM
A year or so back wasn't Wells inferring, without explicity saying so, that he was a Christian fundamentalist?

Born againers can breathe relief.. 'Crunchy' called to talk about his nighttime neighborhood watch. Wells spoke of the bible as a comic book in sarcasm..

Then a lady called to say flowers have no energy in them when she touches them in grocery stores. She sounded like Sal Rosenberg from the Jerky boys.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 21, 2013, 11:40:32 AM

Then a lady called to say flowers have no energy in them when she touches them in grocery stores.

Hell, what does she know??? She speaks in tongues, and probably the words of satin.... I mean satan. I can run my car for three weeks on a pound of potatoes and a cabbage..

lonevoice

Quote from: ItsOver on July 21, 2013, 09:56:32 AM

Is he wearing a red shirt

ItsOver

Quote from: lonevoice on July 21, 2013, 01:17:28 PM
Is he wearing a red shirt?

Seems to be a safe bet if he really thinks this clown is his captain.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on July 21, 2013, 01:30:44 PM

Seems to be a safe bet if he really thinks this clown is his captain.

Looks like the captain of the "good ship Lollypop"?  ;D

ItsOver

Capt. of the Mothership "Lollipop," meet a real pirate. 

ZombiePoppa

Quote from: CampsieNP on July 20, 2013, 11:51:27 PM
Before or after the shameless, fearmongering about the radiation coming from Japan? Thank goodness we can purchase one of his radiation-detection machines or what ever that crap is he sells on his snake-oil website for a small fortune. Shameless indeed.
And he always sounds under-the-influence to me, but that could be part of his schtick.

Total schtick. Wells has never been baked in his life. He's the guy who bragged to his retard friends about how he caught a contact high at the REO Speedwagon concert.

RJ

Might be the best thing I've heard Wells say!

Quote from: RJ on July 21, 2013, 04:44:01 PM
Might be the best thing I've heard Wells say!

He must have had the illustrated edition.

Renaldo

Reading through here and am highly amused. So many people seem to like this idiot, I don't understand it. I am so glad to read these posts echoing my own thoughts.  He's got the personality of a hockey puck.  I'm 95% sure that his on-air presence is a poor imitation of Eric Bogosian in the movie Talk Radio.

JohnTitor89

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 12, 2013, 07:17:34 PM
Wells's shows are only rarely about "the Most of his fans ignore the fact that Wells is neither an inquirer or a pundit...he's career voice actor.

That's why I like him!  Noorey is like the Casey Kasem of coast.  jBw puts on a damn show. 

RedMichael

Thats a fair analogy. Casey wasn't a talk show host but a DJ. So thinking of what a train wreck it would be for a DJ to host a talk show is a proper thought. Nice catch.

JohnTitor89

Quote from: RedMichael on July 22, 2013, 01:18:06 AM
Thats a fair analogy. Casey wasn't a talk show host but a DJ. So thinking of what a train wreck it would be for a DJ to host a talk show is a proper thought. Nice catch.

Right: noorey is more of a New age Dj than a host.  Glad you understood the analogy. 

JohnTitor89

"trainwreck" is the perfect cliche to describe the current C2C model

yumyumtree

Wells hosting tonight. Wonder what were in for?

RedMichael

John Wells is irrelevant anymore. Who cares.

VtaGeezer

I hope someone calls in and reminds him that a few weeks ago he confidently predicted that "the collapse" would have happened by now (July)and we'd all be eating from our caches of MREs and worriedly checking the rounds in our ammo hoards.

Quote from: RedMichael on July 26, 2013, 10:39:40 PM
John Wells is irrelevant anymore. Who cares.

Was he ever relevant?

will

"...Unable to think for themselves and unable to grasp the obvious...It seems your head was too far up your" etc, etc
You belong here.

Heather Wade

This guy reminds me of that person at a party who tries too hard to make you like them.  Do they only take callers who kiss ass, these days?  All the callers so far have brown noses.

I can't wait till Art comes back and shows this Wells guy how it's done.