• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

I think clocks should be set so the sun goes down no earlier than 9pm all year around

BobGrau

Loved the show! Gotta disagree with MV re moroccan hash, though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on October 30, 2013, 08:20:11 PM
Loved the show! Gotta disagree with MV re moroccan hash, though.

i've had tepid schwag here in the states that was 10x better than what i encountered in morocco.  maybe i'm just unlucky.

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on October 30, 2013, 08:27:26 PM
i've had tepid schwag here in the states that was 10x better than what i encountered in morocco.  maybe i'm just unlucky.

They send all the good shit north to us!  :P

...don't tell anyone.

b_dubb

My favorite moment in the show ...

"I'm getting pounded"-MV

Quote from: MV on October 30, 2013, 08:27:26 PM

Don't buy the crap offered on the street.

Quote from: b_dubb on October 30, 2013, 09:30:00 PM

"I'm getting pounded"-MV

Haha  I remember that!!   ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 30, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

Don't buy the crap offered on the street.

it was acquired for me by a police officer. I don't know how much better you can do as far as picking a source.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 30, 2013, 09:30:00 PM

"I'm getting pounded"-MV

whaaa? I don't remember that.

aldousburbank

Quote from: MV on October 31, 2013, 08:33:48 AM
whaaa? I don't remember that.
Best not to, as often happens with this type of trauma.

Spinner

Listening now to the GabCast. 

Loved Jazmunda's comments, and the discussion about Casio was both hilarious and sad. LOL

It's fun hearing a few BellGabbers.  They're real people! LOL
Aldous was interesting as expected. And onan sounds exactly as I imagined he would.

"The biggest sin you can commit on BellGab is to be a high maintenance user."  --MV

Heather Wade

Yeah the money thing... I'd never do that.  Compared to most of you, I'm like Kenny around here, but I'd still never do that. 

GabCast is a trip so far.

Agree, when a new speaker speaks, they should say their name.

aldousburbank

Agreed.  Everyone on that show was either vain, foul-mouthed, stupid, boring, childish, or both.  I'm sending MV some hosting fund donations asap.

aldousburbank

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 02:26:52 PM
Seriously though funny is funny and then one just begs the question, ages of ya all please?
Well this is a particularly complicated question... let's see... Well, since today is the last day that I will be this many years old, tomorrow is the anniversary of my mom losing 7 pounds in one day. I look forward to receiving new pairs of socks and a renewal of my gift subscriptions to Soldier of Fortune Magazine and Knitting World.  So if I tell you the answer today, it will be wrong tomorrow, and that wouldn't be right.  But I would, if I could, but I don't remember.  Ask me tomorrow and I may, since I will be one year wiser. But I won't remember that you asked, so make sure and remind me.  Now back to my Green Hornet costume and jello.

onan

Quote from: I Suck on Today at 03:57:00 PM

Quote3.) onan I hate you for BellCast you're way too negative and sound short of breath and I'll stop there

First, it's kinda tough to stay neutral when someone states they hate you. But I'll give it a go.

To the out of breath thing. You may be right. I have what is called a tracheal stenosis. Basically one's trachea should be about an inch to an inch and a half in diameter, mine has been less than a quarter inch for several years. Misdiagnosed as asthma for more than a decade. When diagnosed, I was told I would need several surgeries to correct it and I would always be at risk for the stenosis to come back. I am having my fourth surgery next week. My lungs due to this condition are at about 70% as efficient as your average guy. You didn't know that and I suppose being out of breath is some form of criticism.

To being negative... I suppose that is always an issue with some. No matter what I say, someone will take issue with it. But please give me some examples, because I thought I pointed out several things that were positive to several of the people we talked about.

And I know you don't care what kind of responses you get... you were pretty clear on that. Did you consider how negative your post was? I mean I get you don't like me... I can live with that. But pot meet kettle.

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 31, 2013, 02:38:40 PM
Well this is a particularly complicated question... let's see... Well, since today is the last day that I will be this many years old, tomorrow is the anniversary of my mom losing 7 pounds in one day. I look forward to receiving new pairs of socks and a renewal of my gift subscriptions to Soldier of Fortune Magazine and Knitting World.  So if I tell you the answer today, it will be wrong tomorrow, and that wouldn't be right.  But I would, if I could, but I don't remember.  Ask me tomorrow and I may, since I will be one year wiser. But I won't remember that you asked, so make sure and remind me.  Now back to my Green Hornet costume and jello.
Its like the caterpillar with the hooka pipe in Through the Looking Glass.

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 31, 2013, 02:38:40 PM
I look forward to receiving new pairs of socks and a renewal of my gift subscriptions to Soldier of Fortune Magazine and Knitting World. 

What, you don't get Nuns ~n~ Guns? I'll lend you my copy.

Heather Wade

Thought it was a fun show.  It will evolve and get better over time.  I want to call in next episode.   8)

dortmunder

I like the podcast. MV, do you have a background in radio? Good broadcasting voice.

MV, you need to cohost the show with a black woman, a Mexican bandit named "El Guapo", Charlie Chan, and Rabbi Tuckman so we can tell everyone apart.

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 03:54:28 PM
Woah on the black woman comment.  No??

I was thinking of Robin from Howard Stern

(the references were to: Robin Quivers, a character from The Three Amigos, Charlie Chan movies (of course), and Robin Hood: Men in Tights)

Heather Wade

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 31, 2013, 03:49:08 PM
MV, you need to cohost the show with a black woman, a Mexican bandit named "El Guapo", Charlie Chan, and Rabbi Tuckman so we can tell everyone apart.

lmao, dude.

Chine

Where can I hear this? Is there a link?

widespread1

Great podcast, I especially liked Aldous's Call :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 04:14:09 PM
I wasn't being snarky just saying a lot of black woman don't sound like what I think you mean, Blackish.  Like not all white people sound whitish.  For some reason though, this, the black woman relating it to a racial slurry kind of was not meant in a bad way thing is taken more offensively than say a white female redneck comment, well as it should be.  ;)

multiple accounts are not allowed on this forum.  good bye.

steelbot

Quote from: MV on October 31, 2013, 05:45:44 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAM!

The General

Quote from: MV on October 31, 2013, 05:45:44 PM
Could you tell us this user's other aliases?
And were they all banned?