• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Quote from: MV on October 23, 2013, 02:40:47 PM
yes.  we're planning on mondays at 7PM central.  the first show is this coming monday, oct. 28.

Oh yah! On my calendar. 8)

coaster

Quote from: onan on October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM
MV, Eddie Dean, b_dubb and I will be kicking a show off. The direction is to talk about the forum; what strikes us as interesting, funny, and cathartic.

Join us, call in, call us names, call a cab and come on over.
Looking forward to it.

ziznak

Quote from: jazmunda on October 28, 2013, 02:42:18 PM
Is today show day?
I was thinking about this too... it's supposed to be today.  I'm looking forward to it.

Can't wait! I logged in to ufoship earlier to make sure I had the right password :)

stevesh

It's 45 minutes to showtime and I still don't know where to go to hear this. Am I missing something ?

steelbot

aldousburbank

Bellgab sucks, I'm going to ufoship.com. But it's effing with my work bigtime damn nuthuggers.

I spent the evening preparing.

Get off my lawn you degenerate hutnuggers!

steelbot

Great show guys! MV you gotta get that A DD in check and monitor live chat... think most of us were having a good time going along with the show!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: steelbot on October 28, 2013, 08:00:02 PM
Great show guys!

Thanks, man.

I'm also interested in honest appraisals of what people did not like about episode 1. Let us know, if you would. Thanks to everybody who listened.

Mels-hole1984

How the fuck did I miss this? I've been waiting forever for this. I didn't even see this thread until just now. Christ, I need to lay off the bottle. Although I can chock it up to binge watching Breaking Bad for the last week and a half...NO SPOILERS! I'm just starting episode one of the last season. Also MV, Nice avatar man, I know you don't use Facebook but, that is the same picture I've been using over there for the last few months...Something about seeing a red door, and wanting it painted black.

jazmunda

Sorry that my call got cut off. I went in a tunnel. Great show from what I heard. It was nice to put some voices to usernames.

coaster

I'm sorry if someone had already asked, but will there be a replay or a way to download the show? I even wrote it down so as not to forget, and yet I forgot.

Quote from: MV on October 28, 2013, 08:24:06 PM

I'm also interested in honest appraisals of what people did not like about episode 1. Let us know, if you would. Thanks to everybody who listened.

Really had a good time listening last night with many a LOL moment. Good show! One suggestion: with multiple hosts/speakers, maybe a reminder of who's who from time to time for those who are joining the fun a little late.

aldousburbank

Man, I really enjoyed the Eddie, the Odude, MV, Agent O, the Dubbster, et al talking about Gab users and stuff. It was fun right to the point I got on and started blabbing. But it was fun hanging with you freekoidz.

What we don't like??

Besides spewing liquids on my keyboard(I know, no drinking while computering), I have a hard time typing while I'm guffawwwwwing!
;D

Great cameo, Aldous! And brought on by a groundswell of popular demand, too. Cool.

Hey, ab...next time call in with one of your prison stories....  :o

Yeah AB it was great to hear you man!

I was disappointed that b_dubb got disconnected pretty much as soon as I got on! But now that I've called in once, the ice has been broken. So hopefully there will be plenty more chances :)

aldousburbank

Well thanks for the invites to the Gab. It was a bit difficult on this end because the porch with the world's best view of The Sierras was full of weirdos (my beloved friends and family). Since I had earphones in, they were pretty sure that I was just talking to the people in my head, but I never missed my pull on the J. I'm a pretty disciplined guy that way. Next gabcast, I would like to hear more Onan saying anything. Good work MV!  Thanks for the playtime.

Quote from: MV on October 28, 2013, 08:24:06 PM
Thanks, man.

It is hard to tell who is speaking, the voice were similar enough that I couldn't tell Onan and b-dubb apart unless there was some reference to something unique about them-for example, b-dubb and Ohio or Onan and medicine.

Whenever someone speaks after MV bitches about a bad microphone, that's b_dubb's voice

ziznak

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 29, 2013, 02:07:32 PM
It is hard to tell who is speaking, the voice were similar enough that I couldn't tell Onan and b-dubb apart unless there was some reference to something unique about them-for example, b-dubb and Ohio or Onan and medicine.
It will probly be a little while before we can distinguish anybody besides MV with all his compression n fancy schmancy processing.
:P

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 29, 2013, 07:34:12 AM
...but I never missed my pull on the J. I'm a pretty disciplined guy that way.

You are a true professional and a credit to hippiedom.

lonevoice

tl;dr

GabCast was definitely some fun listening for me, and I’m all about the fun.  MV, since you said you don’t like compliments, you may want to skip the next couple sentences.  As a longtime enthusiast of long-form talk radio, one who’s more appreciative of talent than particular about subject matter,  personality and presentation are what matters to me.   You are unusually adept in this format! 

What I enjoyed most about GabCast were the forum gossip and the callers.  Hat tip to the intrepid callers who were all as interesting as I’d imagined they might be.   BellGab posters often mention they either have stories that don’t fit easily into Dark Matter’s wheelhouse, or, if their stories do fit the genre,  they’re still a bit too intimidated to call Art Bell.   GabCast is the place for them!

Everyone did a great job with the unscripted nature of the show, leaving only a few times when the silences felt somewhat extended.  I’m betting that will take care of itself as everyone becomes more comfortable with each other and with the format.  Thanks to all of you guys for being brave enough to put yourselves out there for our entertainment! It was great fun to connect voices with the names on the screen.