• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

DanTSX

Quote from: LucienWMoon on November 17, 2013, 09:30:05 PM
First post, hm, kind of like being the silent observer. I have a theory about Barbara McBeath and her not making an appearance on Dark Matter. I've listened to both GabCast podcast and wish I was able to call in with this. If you listen to the part of the show where Chunga and Brendan are discussing Barbara with Art, one of them makes a comment saying "She (Barbara) has forgotten more than we'll ever learn" and this got me to thinking about her having some form of Alzheimer's. I'm assuming the woman is getting to that age where something like this isn't a stretch to think so.

[noory] could ghosts just be a spirit with Alzheimer's?[/noory]

Unfortunately I was busy working during the live show and missed a lot, but I've now listened to the podcast twice. It was excellent broadcasting! Well done by all involved. Sure, it had a few quirks, but they're meaningless compared to the high quality content of the show. MV, you did a great job!

I wish you would have asked Art to turn off his radio, that would have been hilarious. Also, "East of the Rockies, you're on the air with Art Bell" would have been a pretty good laugh as well.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the gabcast!

LucienWMoon

Quote from: ziznak on November 17, 2013, 11:48:35 PM
welcome aboard and I do remember hearing that.  didnt make the connection but now that you point it out it seems like that could very well be the truffff

Thank you, Just a guess at it. Seems logical.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MaxGravy on November 18, 2013, 12:09:33 PM
Unfortunately I was busy working during the live show and missed a lot, but I've now listened to the podcast twice. It was excellent broadcasting! Well done by all involved. Sure, it had a few quirks, but they're meaningless compared to the high quality content of the show. MV, you did a great job!

I wish you would have asked Art to turn off his radio, that would have been hilarious. Also, "East of the Rockies, you're on the air with Art Bell" would have been a pretty good laugh as well.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the gabcast!

thanks, mang.  yeah, there were problems, but largely, i think they can be overlooked.  glad you liked the show.

b_dubb

re: Art calling in to the GabCast ... if a jaw drops on the radio can anyone hear it?  still blows me away that he called.

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on November 21, 2013, 11:44:40 PM
re: Art calling in to the GabCast ... if a jaw drops on the radio can anyone hear it?  still blows me away that he called.

Probably the last time we'll all hear his voice on the air too.

The next podcast you guys do might be a long one. You might need a few extra phone lines and some razor blades.

HMC

Ashamed to say I'm just now listening to the first GabCast. Loving it. So funny.

MV/Liberace!

good news and bad news. 

the good news is, it looks like the spec sheet is now going to be aired regularly on art's stream at artbell.com every tuesday at 8pm eastern, 5pm pacific. 

the bad news (or good, depending on you): since i will be doing the spec sheet weekly, i won't be able to alternate between it and the gabcast, meaning i'll only be appearing on the spec sheet.

the gabcast is going to continue, i think.  eddie dean has been asked to keep it going since he has the equipment and the ability, so we'll see if he decides to continue it.  feel free to pressure him as you like.  i think he wants another host, so there's that for anyone interested.

steelbot

Quote from: MV on November 23, 2013, 07:17:19 PM
good news and bad news. 

the good news is, it looks like the spec sheet is now going to be aired regularly on art's stream at artbell.com every tuesday at 8pm eastern, 5pm pacific. 

the bad news (or good, depending on you): since i will be doing the spec sheet weekly, i won't be able to alternate between it and the gabcast, meaning i'll only be appearing on the spec sheet.

the gabcast is going to continue, i think.  eddie dean has been asked to keep it going since he has the equipment and the ability, so we'll see if he decides to continue it.  feel free to pressure him as you like.  i think he wants another host, so there's that for anyone interested.
Well you'll have to call in =P - but obviously if ya'll need someone to chat i can offer my assistance as well. 

jazmunda

Eddie if you need another co-host I can assist. You can hear my body of work in some of the episodes of Dark Matter but considering how that show ended up I understand if you decline.

Good luck guys and well done MV.

eddie dean

Thanks guys n gals. Congratulations to Curtis and Michael!
Onan, b_dubb and myself will be deciding how to move forward with the gabcast.
I will need to move all technical aspects of producing the show to my studio in phoenix. Broascasting / producing and  hosting a podcast is new to me and I will need help with the setup and configuration. I run a small recording studio , so most of the basic audio equipment is already inplace. Connecting together the various PC's needed for: host audio, skype callers and the live show and mp3 encoders is going to be challenging. My head hurts

We want to have fun doing the show and I hope the listeners can overlook the fact that we dont have much experience in broadcasting.  It might not be as polished as you have come to  expect at first, but it should be entertaining either way.

We will not be signing a non compete.
sexual favors are welcomed.
Let the replacement host jokes begin!

More later...

HMC

Quote from: eddie dean on November 24, 2013, 12:05:57 PM
I will need to move all technical aspects of producing the show to my studio in phoenix. Broascasting / producing and  hosting a podcast is new to me and I will need help with the setup and configuration. I run a small recording studio , so most of the basic audio equipment is already inplace. Connecting together the various PC's needed for: host audio, skype callers and the live show and mp3 encoders is going to be challenging. My head hurts

We want to have fun doing the show and I hope the listeners can overlook the fact that we dont have much experience in broadcasting.  It might not be as polished as you have come to  expect at first, but it should be entertaining either way.

More later...

Just don't Noory it!

::crickets::

Think we can turn Noory into a verb?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HMC on November 24, 2013, 12:26:33 PM

Think we can turn Noory into a verb?
I thought it was already being used that way.

eddie dean

The GabCast will not air tonight. When the technical issues can be ironed out and tested, we WILL return.
We are shooting for next Monday, December 2nd at 8pm est, 5pm pst.
My apologies. 
I hope everybody has a good Holiday!

PS. Bring leftover turkey sandwiches and pumpkin pie!  ;D

Shadow Wolf

Quote from: eddie dean on November 24, 2013, 12:05:57 PM

More later...

Looking forward to the new show, new beginings. Kind of nice, will get to be one of the first listeners, and who knows in 5 to 10 years I can say, "I was there for the very first show". That does not happen often.  Good luck tonight Eddie,Onan, and b-dubb. I am sure even if there are glitches, things will still be fun for you three, and your very first listening audience. Next Stop for you 3- Oprah Winfrey Show.LoL.

b_dubb

its going to suck.  horrible doesn't begin to describe how bad its going to be.  but given that everyone on bellgab.com seems to be a shut in i'm sure you'll all enjoy it immensely.

just kidding.  its going to be brilliant. like a sun shining brightly two inches from your eyeballs

hugs,

b_dubb

b_dubb

12/2 we'll push forward with the gabcast.  if anyone has any suggestions for discussion please post them.  god knows we hosts are bereft of talent and ideas

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on November 27, 2013, 09:08:38 PM
12/2 we'll push forward with the gabcast.  if anyone has any suggestions for discussion please post them.  god knows we hosts are bereft of talent and ideas

I was leaning towards a show on body odor.

Bellgab-Specific Gab
-------
1. What people on bellgab are saying about the Dark Matter Network.
2. What Art has posted on the ABQDM thread, how people reacted, your opinions on it.
3. Weirdest story or guest heard on a DMN show for the week.
4. Creative neologisms for bellgab threads. For example, GNS = "the gin", "genius", etc.  ABQDM = "ab quit emm" or something.

Time-Specific Gab, and what bellgab users think about it (callers, sort of like a thread on radio)
-------
1.  Aftermath of Black Friday
2.  Pick a random city, study the police blotter for Black Friday induced violence and fights.
3. SEC Championship Game is Dec 7. So you could talk about who you pick to win the SEC Championship.
4. Did you brine or bag your turkey? Did someone try to pass off shots of Wild Turkey as helping with the turkey on Thanksgiving?

lonevoice

Quote from: onan on November 27, 2013, 09:09:29 PM
I was leaning towards a show on body odor.
Since it's a show about BellGab, does that mean you'd be talking about what you think different people here smell like, and why?  That could be repulsive...and strangely interesting.   ;)

onan

Quote from: lonevoice on November 27, 2013, 09:19:27 PM
Since it's a show about BellGab, does that mean you'd be talking about what you think different people here smell like, and why?  That could be repulsive...and strangely interesting.   ;)

You have no idea how many different thoughts danced through my brain when I first read your post.

jazmunda

I've got tons of ideas.

Who say dat?

Take a random post and hosts/callers have to guess "Who Say Dat?".

Name That Avatar

Host/Caller is shown or described an avatar and they have to name the poster that it belongs to.

Chick or Dick?

Take a random poster's name and hosts/callers have to guess whether it is a girl or guy and why.

Ban Camp

Hosts/Callers reminisce about their favorite or not so favorite banned posters.

Lame I know but the best I could come up with on short notice.