• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

onan

The GabCast was a podcast. It's now a live stream on YouTube. You can find it here:

youtube.com/user/mvandeven/videos

Subscribe to that channel, plz.

The General

Awesome. Is this going to be preceding Dark Matter?

aldousburbank

That sounds interesting, funny, and cathartic.

onan

Quote from: The General on October 22, 2013, 06:34:22 PM

Yep, we talked about a time... 7 central I think... someone will correct me if it is different.

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 22, 2013, 06:34:47 PM

It won't be anything like that.

Quote from: onan on October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM
MV, Eddie Dean, b_dubb and I will be kicking a show off. The direction is to talk about the forum; what strikes us as interesting, funny, and cathartic.

heh heh heh, I can't wait. I haven't had a good catharsis in many a year, sorry to say.

WildCard

Quote from: onan on October 22, 2013, 06:37:14 PM
Yep, we talked about a time... 7 central
Available for download/listening later?

eddie dean

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 22, 2013, 06:34:47 PM

Ca·thar·tic \Function: noun
Def: a medicine Podcast that causes the bowels to be purged.

Sounds about right.

Please join us Monday October 28,2013 7pm central for the Gabcast Podcast, bring your own TP! :o

eddie dean

Quote from: WildCard on October 22, 2013, 06:47:25 PM

I am not sure about downloads.
More details to come.....

Quote from: eddie dean on October 22, 2013, 07:36:59 PM

Ca·thar·tic \Function: noun
Def: a medicine Podcast that causes the bowels to be purged.

Sounds about right.

Please join us Monday October 28,2013 7pm central for the Gabcast Podcast, bring your own TP! :o

Uh, maybe ixnay on the catharsis. I'm afraid to ask about downloads.  :o

jazmunda

How can we call in?

What's it going to be called?

Will you be selling T-Shirts?

Will they have your signatures on them?

steelbot

MV, Eddie Dean, b_dubb and I will be kicking a show off. The direction is to talk about the forum; what strikes us as interesting, funny, and cathartic.

Join us, call in, call us names, call a cab and come on over.
Wonder if I could get in on this, or is this a mutually exclusive club?

steelbot

Quote from: steelbot on October 23, 2013, 12:01:22 AM
Wonder if I could get in on this, or is this a mutually exclusive club?
Never mind...just listened to the ufoship.com podcast and it is an exclusive club lol - didn't realize you guys already had a legit podcast going! - I've been wanting to get into doing the same but don't want to poach any guests/overlap so I'll keep my ideas of grandeur quiet for the time being.

steelbot

HAHA - ok I recant my previous post, and got to the part about the beagle and stranglebating! HAHA I will be calling in I think,

Juan

Figure out a download, dammit.  I have orchestra rehearsal on Monday nights.  Me. Me. me.

Cynnie

Join us, call in, call us names, call a cab and come on over.

I'll be there :)

aldousburbank

Could you guys please get Crystal on there? Maybe sign off with "midnight at the not ok corral?"

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 23, 2013, 08:37:20 AM
Could you guys please get Crystal on there? Maybe sign off with "midnight at the not ok corral?"
...Here's my comments on that......and sorry Lonevoice :( (couldn't remember your name  :( :( ) and PS...I took up smoking again...so that's what you hear in the background...I'm rolling my own and was dicing up the tobacco into the little credit card machine like loader.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78931849/Gabcast_thoughts.mp3

MV/Liberace!

hey, steelbot.  i'd love to have you on.  we've already got 4 people who will be hosting the show, and i think 5 is a crowd.  however, it would be great if you'd appear when someone is unavailable.  that would work out nicely.  the same invitation goes to treading water, assuming she sees this message.

ziznak

I've got the mic I use for recording set up to SCHKYPE you niggahs... if the mood hits me.  I'm really interested in seeing how the group chemistry goes first.  I think even having 4 host's is a bit much to start with...  maybe 4 is something to build upto?  Have you guys done some conference calls and seen how you all interact together or are you guys just gonna throw on the stream and watch the cherries rip?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on October 23, 2013, 01:50:21 PM
I've got the mic I use for recording set up to SCHKYPE you niggahs... if the mood hits me.  I'm really interested in seeing how the group chemistry goes first.  I think even having 4 host's is a bit much to start with...  maybe 4 is something to build upto?  Have you guys done some conference calls and seen how you all interact together or are you guys just gonna throw on the stream and watch the cherries rip?

we've all conferenced together, but i'm not sure it's enough to judge how the show will go.  the only way we'll know is to do the show and find out.  it'll take a bit of time for everyone to get comfortable and forget they're doing a broadcast.

The General

Quote from: MV on October 23, 2013, 02:10:13 PM
we've all conferenced together, but i'm not sure it's enough to judge how the show will go.  the only way we'll know is to do the show and find out.  it'll take a bit of time for everyone to get comfortable and forget they're doing a broadcast.
hey as long as you guys play some Jigsaw and Argent, it will all be good.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on October 23, 2013, 02:24:30 PM
hey as long as you guys play some Jigsaw and Argent, it will all be good.

speaking of music, we need some.  we have no opener and no music to play during breaks.  are any of you musicians, or do any of you know musicians who would like their music played on our show?  i'd use the general's music, but it's become so closely associated with the spec sheet (and mv's radio train wreck) that i hate to use it for a new project.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WildCard on October 22, 2013, 06:47:25 PM

yes.  the show will be a proper podcast to which you can subscribe or download directly.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on October 22, 2013, 06:34:22 PM

yes.  we're planning on mondays at 7PM central.  the first show is this coming monday, oct. 28.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on October 22, 2013, 10:03:24 PM
How can we call in?

What's it going to be called?

Will you be selling T-Shirts?

Will they have your signatures on them?

573-837-4948

the gabcast

yes on the t-shirts, but they'll be plain white with no writing or graphics.

no signatures, but each has a tag.

ziznak

Quote from: MV on October 23, 2013, 02:37:50 PM
speaking of music, we need some.  we have no opener and no music to play during breaks.  are any of you musicians, or do any of you know musicians who would like their music played on our show?  i'd use the general's music, but it's become so closely associated with the spec sheet (and mv's radio train wreck) that i hate to use it for a new project.
Have each of your hosts submit songs... this way you can break each others balls about music as a short aside during the show when you come out of breaks.

WildCard

Quote from: MV on October 23, 2013, 02:40:00 PM
yes.  the show will be a proper podcast to which you can subscribe or download directly.
Awesome. Thanx.

Quote from: MV on October 23, 2013, 02:10:13 PM

There should be prizes.  Best and worst comment.  Who sounds most like Noory...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 23, 2013, 03:58:39 PM

There should be prizes.  Best and worst comment.  Who sounds most like Noory...

all great ideas.  we're interested in any ideas you guys might have.

Cynnie

Im sooo calling in ..is it okay if i just giggle like a moron ?