• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on September 26, 2013, 06:56:40 PM
I doubt the phone lines excuse is legit...

You sensed that too.  I'm going with Occam's Razor, the most plausible reason being the most likely.

After all these years, the aliens have finally abducted poor Whit at an inconvenient time.  He's probably being probed right now, and in excruciating pain. 

Art is a true friend for covering this up for him tonight.  Whit is very embarrassed and doesn't like to talk about these experiences or have them revealed to the general public.

Also possible, but somewhat less likely is he went into a bathroom during dinner and disappeared.

jazmunda

Quote from: lonevoice on September 26, 2013, 09:52:40 PM
The same people who blame him for Sirius XM studio's phone line being down.   ;)

C'mon this show is at it's best when talking about conspiracy theories so it's only natural that we have our own.

Anyone think it's a coincidence that Art has been complaining about a cold all week and now the lines at Sirius mysteriously go down and poof no show. Any other Sirius talk shows been cancelled tonight? Hmmmmmm something smells fishy or is it just my day old tuna sandwich?

Also SDM is reporting that he is no longer a guest on Art's show and he is royally pissed off with Art about it (I don't have details about it but discussion starts here http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=4641.msg156020#msg156020).  And just to add to some kind of conspiracy, due to Art's no show tonight Whitley conveniently slots into SDM's Tuesday spot. Spooky or just a coincidence.

Art, if that's your real name and you're reading this, I'm on to you and I love you ..... platonically.

Nighthawk

Someone is trying to silence Art!  :(

Morgus

Art should have scheduled Matthew Alper for tonight, I wouldn't have minded him being cancelled.

Art Bell

Good morning everybody, just so you know I got a call from Paul at about 5PM
this afternoon and he said he had just heard from Sirius/XM that indeed all their
lines went down in Washington, DC and there was simply no way to do a show.
I guess all their earlier shows like Dr Laura went down. One thing no Talk Show
Host wants is 4 Hours with no Guest and no calls. My health is fine and the cold
that has Asia and Airyn has not taken me yet. I'am sure Mathew is praying for me.

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on September 27, 2013, 01:51:48 AM
this afternoon and he said he had just heard from Sirius/XM that indeed all their
Host wants is 4 Hours with no Guest and no calls. My health is fine and the cold
that has Asia and Airyn has not taken me yet. I'am sure Mathew is praying for me.
Thanks for the details Art  &  51's to you!
I hope Sirius isn't going to have tech problems very often, has this ever happened to them before?
Too bad you couldn't have kept your old Pahrump phone system.
I only wish it had been annoying Alper that was pre-empted instead of Whitley...  ;)

phrodo

LOL! Good one Art - great that you can laugh about that one. Hope the LadyBells get well soon!

coaster

I'am sure Mathew is praying for me.
That guy was difficult to listen to. Such a blockhead.

SciFiAuthor

Thanks Art. 51's and Roswells. Hopefully they can figure out a backup system, but so far they seem to be doing a nice job otherwise. The sound quality on the SiriusXM internet player is knockout. You sound like you're having a blast with this new show.

jazmunda

Thanks Art. The show has been fantastic so far. Not that we ever doubted you. Infinite Roswells and 51s.

Heather Wade

I'am sure Mathew is praying for me.

Ha haa, yes, Matt most certainly is.  Thanks for the update.  8)

dan7800

Thanks for the update Art. Great to know that you pay attention to your loyal fanbase here. Roswells.

ItsOver

Stay healthy, Art!  Here's wishing a quick recovery for Asia and Airyn.  Mega Roswells and keep on ruling the night!  Stuff happens. ;)

onan

Quote from: ItsOver on September 27, 2013, 06:12:32 AM
Stay healthy, Art!  Here's wishing a quick recovery for Asia and Airyn.  Mega Roswells and keep on ruling the night!  Stuff happens. ;)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Juan

I got home late from jazz band rehearsal, turned on my radio and heard Art talking about sunspots.  I quickly realized the show was a replay.  The cynic on my left shoulder shouted "He's retired again already."  The softie on my right shoulder said, "He's got a cold."  Glad to hear it was neither.  Don't anyone tell Onan I'm hearing voices.

SaucyRossy

Yeah, no phones = no show. Totally understandable.
I watched Elementary last night, it was a poor substitute for dark matter haha
Have a great weekend Art, I seem to remember you being a football fan, excited for any of the games this weekend?

sleeplessinca

Roswells
I like listening to you whenever the stars align. 
The satellite sound quality is fantastic. 
Best wishes to you, LadyBells and the cats.   ;)

Chine

Yes, Roswells Art. Enjoy your weekend!

scottydawg

Yes I agree Elementary sucked last night, I fell Asleep halfway during the show. Now if Dark Matters had a fresh show last night I would have stayed awake!
For all the cat lovers here is something from Asia Carrera's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202070678231219&set=a.1097645724087.2016727.1314957667&type=1&theater
just goes to show you, Duct Tape v/s Kitties" Kitties win every time

BattyBrooke

Quote from: scottydawg on September 27, 2013, 10:04:41 AM
Yes I agree Elementary sucked last night, I fell Asleep halfway during the show. Now if Dark Matters had a fresh show last night I would have stayed awake!

Hey Scotty:) Are you the "Scotty" Art mentioned during the first 7 minutes of the Dr. Seth Shostak show on 09/24? I am just curious...and a little nosey, hah!

Spinner

Thanks for keeping us informed, Art. I'm glad that you're well. And I hope that you have a nice restful weekend and keep up your strength to fight-off the bug. We will pray for you and the LadyBells.  :)

steelbot

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 27, 2013, 10:09:52 AM
Hey Scotty:) Are you the "Scotty" Art mentioned during the first 7 minutes of the Dr. Seth Shostak show on 09/24? I am just curious...and a little nosey, hah!
lol - Scott's a quite common name!

scottydawg

Nope, Nada, Twasn't me!

DesertFox

Art--thanks for the info.  Roswells to infinity!  Keep on keeping on, my friend.  I'm sure Mr. Greer would wish you well too...if he ever stops talking!

coaster

It's nice to see Art pop in. I guess all those BellGab shout outs are working.

bateman

Dr Laura went down.

Well, no tragedy there..

Glad to hear you're well though, Art. Looking forward to another great week.

PrairieGhost

The part before ride my see saw starts in Art's Opening what is that from?

onan

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 27, 2013, 02:20:40 PM
The part before ride my see saw starts in Art's Opening what is that from?

Not sure what you mean... many Moody Blues songs started with dialogue. Not sure if they stole that from Pink Floyd or the other way around.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: onan on September 27, 2013, 02:22:38 PM
Not sure what you mean... many Moody Blues songs started with dialogue. Not sure if they stole that from Pink Floyd or the other way around.

Hmmm the album I'm listening to doesn't have that opening of the song. The Moody Blues.

I guess I need to buy a different one.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on September 27, 2013, 02:22:38 PM

Moodys beat Floyd to the punch there, unveiling the oration goofiness in '67 on Days of   Future Passed. "Cold Hearted Orbs" and such.