• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

zeebo

Quote from: williedee on April 04, 2014, 09:21:42 PM
...And another bit of news. Working with another member of this forum I have come into a large number of new shows.. I will try to incorporate as many as possible without delaying the release of the torrent too much..

Sounds awesome - And just speaking for myself, I'm happy to wait awhile longer if it means we get some add'l content especially if they are harder-to-find shows. 

williedee

Quote from: zeebo on April 04, 2014, 10:49:44 PM
Sounds awesome - And just speaking for myself, I'm happy to wait awhile longer if it means we get some add'l content especially if they are harder-to-find shows.

yeah they're cassette rips. At most it would be another day or two... So so so close!

mikealden

Quote from: williedee on April 04, 2014, 10:52:01 PM
yeah they're cassette rips. At most it would be another day or two... So so so close!

This is awesome news!

jan78

Quote from: NIN2 on April 04, 2014, 04:53:36 PM
is this the offcial list of what the torrent will contain?

http://pastebin.com/Jsd6hVkE

i went their and saw a bunch of errors in titles and scrolled down and tried to edit didnt work :-(
That list is a draft from 6 weeks ago.  Much has been corrected or added since then, mostly for  the pre-2000 time frame. 

We were at 1141 shows then,  and it's about 1290 now. And that is before the news of today - more yet to  be added...

Renton

Quote from: january on April 05, 2014, 01:15:24 AM
That list is a draft from 6 weeks ago.  Much has been corrected or added since then, mostly for  the pre-2000 time frame. 

We were at 1141 shows then,  and it's about 1290 now. And that is before the news of today - more yet to  be added...

That's one hell of a list!

You know, is there anyway of sending Art the content (the recordings)? Or do we think he already has them? If not, it might be a nice trophy of all the years he has worked.

bigchucka

Quote from: Renton on April 05, 2014, 07:55:37 AM
That's one hell of a list!

You know, is there anyway of sending Art the content (the recordings)? Or do we think he already has them? If not, it might be a nice trophy of all the years he has worked.

Couple ways that could play out.  I've commented on this in the past.  To do it should just be the matter of burning them onto discs, finding an address, and shipping them to him.  What would happen next is what I don't know.  The absolute funniest would be Art posting and saying "Nice try.  Thanks for the hard work. Your collection is small, though."  Indifferent would be he gets them and throws them in the trash because he don't give a fuck about relistening to shit he's already done, even though they would be an invaluable resource for show prep, if he does a show again.  Imagine how good a show would be if Art had an opportunity to refresh his memory about what he talked about with a guest in prior interviews.  I mean fuck, we're stuck with Noory who can't remember what he asked 20 min. before, let alone last time the guest was on....  Worst case scenario would be that the discs become exhibit A for the plantiff's in a lawsuit for copyright infringement.

Renton

Quote from: bigchucka on April 05, 2014, 11:05:59 AM
Couple ways that could play out.  I've commented on this in the past.  To do it should just be the matter of burning them onto discs, finding an address, and shipping them to him.  What would happen next is what I don't know.  The absolute funniest would be Art posting and saying "Nice try.  Thanks for the hard work. Your collection is small, though."  Indifferent would be he gets them and throws them in the trash because he don't give a fuck about relistening to shit he's already done, even though they would be an invaluable resource for show prep, if he does a show again.  Imagine how good a show would be if Art had an opportunity to refresh his memory about what he talked about with a guest in prior interviews.  I mean fuck, we're stuck with Noory who can't remember what he asked 20 min. before, let alone last time the guest was on....  Worst case scenario would be that the discs become exhibit A for the plantiff's in a lawsuit for copyright infringement.

All very good points. My own take is that he would appreciate the offering, particularly in the context of documenting his legacy, and having materials to pass on to his wife/children/followers or whatever. I doubt he has the recordings himself. That level of intense recording for years on end would require an amazing amount of varied media (VHS, audio tape, CD, MP3, etc.) and attention to detail. Unless he is narcissistic to the extreme, I feel that the effort would be too much for anyone to bother with. (You guys have done a fab job, but that's as a collective hobby which I think is different.)

Having Art on top form by revisiting past shows would be interesting, but I guess (i) that requires time and energy he doesn't have, but also (ii) the way he sold his Dark Matter guests and questions to old listeners was that he was introducing a new audience to old subject matter. Hence, what we heard was not Art critically following up old interviews, but redoing his old shows.

Then again, I could be very wrong.

(Edit: Apologies for waffle, spelling and grammar - very tired)./

Queen

:( i need a bigger hard drive  :'(

Queen

I like the second pic of Art best myself

Quote from: NIN2 on April 05, 2014, 05:58:27 PM
:( i need a bigger hard drive  :'(

I think Willedee said in the future there will be a way to get each show invidually.

laserjock

Guys, how's it going with the torrent project?  I just got a speed upgrade on my ISP it sure would be great to use it...

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 05, 2014, 06:24:37 PM
I think Willedee said in the future there will be a way to get each show invidually.
I think depending on your client you can select what files you wish to download from the torrent file. Or if you are using a seed-box and have lots of storage (hopefully many people do to keep the torrent fast and lasting) when you sftp n download the files to your computer you can just select the ones you wish.

williedee

Quote from: albrecht on April 05, 2014, 09:59:12 PM
I think depending on your client you can select what files you wish to download from the torrent file. Or if you are using a seed-box and have lots of storage (hopefully many people do to keep the torrent fast and lasting) when you sftp n download the files to your computer you can just select the ones you wish.

It will be seeded on at least 2 100mbit dedicated servers located in Canada and Amsterdam :)

onan

Quote from: williedee on April 05, 2014, 11:35:01 PM
It will be seeded on at least 2 100mbit dedicated servers located in Canada and Amsterdam :)

if there is a way I can help you with that let me know.

williedee

Quote from: onan on April 06, 2014, 03:46:12 AM
if there is a way I can help you with that let me know.

I'm good for now. A buddy of mine is donating his bandwidth so that's nice.

Update: Torrent is finished uploading, and is currently being duplicated to the other server. Once that is done, expect a link/magnet link. I will probably start a new thread for that.

311guy1

Quote from: williedee on April 06, 2014, 06:50:10 PM

Update: Torrent is finished uploading, and is currently being duplicated to the other server. Once that is done, expect a link/magnet link. I will probably start a new thread for that.

Thank You kind sir. This is like Christmas. Can't wait to listen to some new episodes.

someguy

Quote from: williedee on April 06, 2014, 06:50:10 PM

new season of game of thrones AND a new art bell torrent fuck yes

tastycanadian

must be sum crazy new torrent technology for it to take this long lol

wr250

Quote from: tastycanadian on April 08, 2014, 12:06:07 PM
must be sum crazy new torrent technology for it to take this long lol

well i think willie works and goes to school. so that takes up the majority of each weekday, so please be patient.

tastycanadian

Quote from: wr250 on April 08, 2014, 12:08:00 PM
well i think willie works and goes to school. so that takes up the majority of each weekday, so please be patient.

I thought he had mentioned it was already done and was just copying to another server....that was a few days ago...maybe its on dialup?

someguy

Quote from: tastycanadian on April 08, 2014, 12:15:12 PM
I thought he had mentioned it was already done and was just copying to another server....that was a few days ago...maybe its on dialup?

He said it was something like 50 gigs. I'm guessing he's canadian because of the cheeseburger walrus avatar, and canadian upload speeds suck.

Renton

Too many wankers on this board. Let the guy do his thing and stop bitching. You're not paying for it and you've not given any elbow grease to the project so you have no entitlement.

It's worth pointing out that the guy HAS delivered in the past in terms of AB torrents, meaning he has a track record.

tastycanadian

Quote from: Renton on April 08, 2014, 03:20:27 PM
Too many wankers on this board. Let the guy do his thing and stop bitching. You're not paying for it and you've not given any elbow grease to the project so you have no entitlement.

simmer down big shooter.

bigchucka

Quote from: someguy on April 08, 2014, 01:01:51 PM
He said it was something like 50 gigs. I'm guessing he's canadian because of the cheeseburger walrus avatar, and canadian upload speeds suck.

Does that mean when we download this, we should be eating cheeseburgers and shirtless?

Completely forgot the thing w/ burgers.  Been a couple years since I watched the show...

jazmunda

williedee is winding down. he's winding down. ;)

tastycanadian

Quote from: jazmunda on April 08, 2014, 04:50:06 PM
williedee is winding down. he's winding down. ;)

jazmunda did you make him quit?!?!

albrecht

The recent messages are a great example of why people don't appreciate things that are given away for free, sadly. Even if the torrent isn't "totally complete" or is taking a long-time I still appreciate it and will try to seed. Considering that huge corporate entities (though hemorrhaging cash apparently) like PRN (and owner CC) have "great announcements" that 5years of C2C will be available if you pay C2C Streamlink (or whatever they call it now). 5years. Basically only Norry, I'm guessing. I have more than that just recording at home on CCrane Pogo deal and then computer and now burning to DVDs. They, being professionals and building new studios and upgrading should be able to make ALL the C2C (and SIT and DL) available. With good quality. But they won't. So a guy, or group, of non-professionals taking some time to get a comprehensive collection, dealing with mislabeled items, repeat broadcasts, cassette tapes, mp3s, torrents, and CDs.... basically for free?! I will not bitch about!! But thank them and wait.