• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Obama Commutes Transgender Leaker

Started by Richard Groyper, January 17, 2017, 03:50:50 PM

Jackstar

nuttin' says "muh legacy" like waiting until the last minute to do what he should have done seven years ago

You know what's the difference between Chelsea Manning and a cow?

You can't milk Chelsea Manning for seven years... yet.

Quote from: Just in Case of Fire on January 17, 2017, 03:52:22 PM
nuttin' says "muh legacy" like waiting until the last minute to do what he should have done seven years ago

You know what's the difference between Chelsea Manning and a cow?

You can't milk Chelsea Manning for seven years... yet.

I want to try. Lord, I want to try. So thirsty.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Just in Case of Fire on January 17, 2017, 03:52:22 PM

yep.  should have happened long ago.  glad he finally got around to it, though.

the_Stranger

Amusing that the change.org petition to pardon Assange has 22,000+ signatures.
Trump, and many of his followers, probably thinks he can and should pardon him.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: the_Stranger on January 18, 2017, 10:40:53 PM

Hmm, but its Sweden that wants him for sex assault charges. Nothing to do with Trump.

GravitySucks

Quote from: the_Stranger on January 18, 2017, 10:40:53 PM

Assange has not been charged with a crime in the US. What would the pardon be for? 

albrecht

He is "Red Listed" by Interpol (via charges in Sweden) as I recall but Interpol doesn't have arrest or charging powers but more of a "cooperation" between sovereign countries' law enforcement agencies in communication and, maybe, arrest where other treaties between countries bear it. But, if he wished Obama could pardon him, I think? Even though no crime (in the US) charged or convicted. Nixon, etc. Some interesting stuff below (opens a long pdf but discusses various interesting issues- such as if one is pardoned can it be introduced into court for a future offense, is a pardon accepting that one is guilty but simply relieved of the conviction etc.)
http://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2444&context=wmlr

Not much coverage but the Billary pardoned a bunch of these terrorists as I recall in addition to their friend but Obama one-upped them and pardoned another terrorist. From the leftist "Guardian" so nobody can dispute "right-wing news." Obama seems bent on releases terrorists in his last days- whether Muslims from GITMO or more domestic ones.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/17/barack-obama-commutes-sentence-oscar-lopez-rivera-puerto-rico-activist

Jackstar

Quote from: News Justin on January 18, 2017, 10:44:27 PM
but its Sweden that wants

I really don't think you're aware of how strongly the fact that your demonstrated incapacity of using language correctly renders your opinions worthless.

That is, they are worth less than those of any other person who knows how to read and spell.

And, further, in addition to all of that, you're stupid and incorrect.

You don't even rate a .gif any longer.

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 18, 2017, 10:45:01 PM
What would the pardon be for?

They don't have to be for anything. How stupid ignorant are you?

Oh, right. "Space" program.