• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art's Ouija Board Story

Started by guildnavigator, July 23, 2010, 07:34:12 PM

Hi. Has anybody else ever caught Art's mention of his disturbing encounter with a ouija board?

He refuses to go into detail on any of the shows in my archive, but I remember that he mentioned that is was very old and came from a self-professed witch who somehow or another scared him.

Anybody have any further details?

Ruteger

I distinctly remember playing with a oujia board in my childhood. The damn thing moved under our fingers. Perhaps a child-hood memory but I remember that none of us admitted it was the other, and I believed them! Do not play with this...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ruteger on July 24, 2010, 12:58:20 PM
I distinctly remember playing with a oujia board in my childhood.
me too.  however, i was always blatantly moving it around and freaking out everyone who was doing it with me.  i ALWAYS moved it.   muahahahaha.

Afixer

I was sifting thru the older posts when I spotted this one. I too would love to finally hear Art's Quija board tale. I only recall him saying on several shows that it really scared the Hell out of him. Since we don't have Art's story I have one. I tried to get thru on Ghosts to Ghost nights with this one but never made it. When I ran into my wife she was deep into the metaphysical scene. I wasn't at all. She told me what had happened to her while playing with a Quija. Jill's mom was working as a psychic and one Friday evening she brought home a book on witchcraft. In it were directions for calling spirits. Light candles in four corners of the room, special scents and other "wierd" items were brought in to complete the instructions. A friend joined in as well. The three of them were getting alot of answers to questions when suddenly the Quija started spelling M U R D E R over and over.  All of a sudden the Quija board flew into the air on it's own. The three users were violently thrown backwards in their chairs and pinned against the wall. Jill said she was being crushed to death by an unseen force pressing down on her. Her mother screamed for her to turn on the lights. Jill used all her strength to work her way to the switch on the wall. When she at last reached it and turned on the lights everything returned to normal. I waited several weeks to ask Jill's mom about that night and she confirmed everything Jill told me. I never had either one lie to me about anything and I believe everything happened just as my wife said.

Theodoric

Quote from: Afixer on June 22, 2011, 07:53:03 PM
I was sifting thru the older posts when I spotted this one. I too would love to finally hear Art's Quija board tale. I only recall him saying on several shows that it really scared the Hell out of him. Since we don't have Art's story I have one. I tried to get thru on Ghosts to Ghost nights with this one but never made it. When I ran into my wife she was deep into the metaphysical scene. I wasn't at all. She told me what had happened to her while playing with a Quija. Jill's mom was working as a psychic and one Friday evening she brought home a book on witchcraft. In it were directions for calling spirits. Light candles in four corners of the room, special scents and other "wierd" items were brought in to complete the instructions. A friend joined in as well. The three of them were getting alot of answers to questions when suddenly the Quija started spelling M U R D E R over and over.  All of a sudden the Quija board flew into the air on it's own. The three users were violently thrown backwards in their chairs and pinned against the wall. Jill said she was being crushed to death by an unseen force pressing down on her. Her mother screamed for her to turn on the lights. Jill used all her strength to work her way to the switch on the wall. When she at last reached it and turned on the lights everything returned to normal. I waited several weeks to ask Jill's mom about that night and she confirmed everything Jill told me. I never had either one lie to me about anything and I believe everything happened just as my wife said.

Since Coast has taught me to be less skeptical of everything (although I still would say because I have no experience of anything supernatural  I can only 'believe' such a thing) I accept this story and would add that sounds terrifying. Does she have any other 'metaphysical' experiences?  I just wish there was a way people could replicate and record such experiences (but that opens a whole other argument).

"Condemnation without investigation... is the height of ignorance."  -Albert Einstein - Great quote for your post and that man was just full of gold.

Side point I guess I will start a thread (the other radio programs thread) on some pod-casts I enjoy like "Skeptically Speaking".

Afixer

Quote from: Theodoric on July 08, 2011, 03:14:11 AM
..... I accept this story and would add that sounds terrifying. Does she have any other 'metaphysical' experiences?

To be honest I'd have a hard time accepting this horror tale myself had I not personally known the participants. And no, thank God, she hasn't had any more experiences like this one.

pabigfoot

That's the difference between Art and George N. Art never backed away from the abyss. Everybody remembers the famous buildup for the Ouija night a few years back when the big letdown happened; I suspect the "suits" were terrified of any legal problems far more than an ocean liner full of Ouija boards. O well.

Addis0n

I have been listening to any hints for a long time and I have heard a lot of shows.  I can only guess it has to do with the woman who claimed she was a witch and delivered to art the very very old ouija board to his hotel or whatever in las vegas.  Apparently she told him something about his personal life that there is no way she could possibly know according to him. I think he also mentioned he got rid of this board or something about it scared him after or something.

M Knight

Quote from: Addis0n on August 21, 2011, 11:49:24 PM
I have been listening to any hints for a long time and I have heard a lot of shows.  I can only guess it has to do with the woman who claimed she was a witch and delivered to art the very very old ouija board to his hotel or whatever in las vegas.  Apparently she told him something about his personal life that there is no way she could possibly know according to him. I think he also mentioned he got rid of this board or something about it scared him after or something.

This brings to mind an entertaining question to ask Art:  "Have you ever learned about, or been told something that you cannot ever divulge?"  I can guess what his answer might be, but I'd love to hear his response.

rob69

Back in the middle to late 90's Art made an ancillary comment to a caller, that he had a Ouija board that was torn up and thrown in the trash and deposited in a can outside of his house.  The next morning he woke up and the "thing" was back inside reassembled.  That was the only mention I can remember of him making about his experience.  If I had a similar experience, I don’t think I’d want to talk about it either. 

Jasmine

Most unfortunately, one of the many detriments of Coast to Coast is that they have taken the metaphysical/paranormal realm and made a laughing stock of it, what with their fraudulent, psychologically unbalanced guests (most, not all).

When I was a young girl, I too played with the Ouija board with neighborhood friends, and yes, I was the main culprit in terms of pushing the reader across the board, and spelling out the name
Charlie (who became our regular visiting entity). No one was the wiser in regards to my antics.

However, that said, I have a good friend out west who, when a young girl, years ago, "played" with the Ouija board with her two sisters in the old house their family had just moved into. They all swear they were not manipulating the reader by pushing it, but it did spell out the name Jack, and that Jack lived and died in the closet.  Jack "told" the girls it was dark where he was, that he was lonely and sad. This same message from Jack would manifest each and every time the girls played with the board. All three also noticed that the temperature in the bedroom where they were "playing" with the Ouija board would drop - it was very cold in the room each time Jack came through with his message. A few days later, the girls' mother was outside speaking with the new neighbor. The mother thought the Ouija board was harmless, and mentioned to the neighbor woman the name of the entity and the message. The female neighbor almost dropped on the spot. According to her, a man named Jack did indeed occupy the old house in the 1950's. He lived their with his wife. Jack, according to the neighbor, caused quite a scandal when he was discovered to be gay. A closeted gay. His wife left him, taking their two small children. Distraught and out of his mind with depression over being abandoned and also being ridiculed by the neighborhood for being gay, he committed suicide by hanging himself in the closet of the bedroom where the three girls, decades later, "played" with the Ouija board.

Guys, seriously, don't go near a Ouija board. I did, and thankfully nothing came of it, but from the stories I've heard throughout the years, the odds of something negative manifesting are quite high.

b_dubb

the Ouija board stigma cracks me up.  the idea that something mass produced by a toy company could be a vector for demons, spirits, etc is just comical.  is there a guy on the assembly that smears some kind of voodoo sauce on the boards or something?

Scruff

Listening to all the Ghost to Ghost shows I have over Halloween I noticed he mentions the Ouija board incident almost every show.  Mostly he says he'll never tell the story, but one later show I remember him saying he might tell it one day.  Guess we'll never know.  This is the only story I would like to hear, but it will probably remain a great Coast mystery . . . :P

Kylearan

Quote from: Theodoric on July 08, 2011, 03:14:11 AM
Since Coast has taught me to be less skeptical of everything (although I still would say because I have no experience of anything supernatural  I can only 'believe' such a thing) I accept this story and would add that sounds terrifying. Does she have any other 'metaphysical' experiences?  I just wish there was a way people could replicate and record such experiences (but that opens a whole other argument).

I can tell you about my actual experience with ghosts or whatever. When I was about eight or nine, my family moved from Oakland, CA to a wooded area of northern Louisiana. My father actually moved there a couple of years before us and bought a house. He got my mother and us kids to join him there. He bought the three-bedroom home from a guy. When he entered the home, it was like someone had left one day and disappeared. There were clothes in the closets of all the rooms. Adult clothes and children's clothes. The beds were made as well. In the kitchen, there were rusted pots on the stove with very old food in them. So he cleaned the place up and moved it to his land deep in the woods. About nine miles from the nearest small town. He lived there alone until we came. When we got there, it was great, living in the country was fun. You could shoot guns, catch frogs and get into all kinds of trouble. After a while we started to see strange things happen. We would hear noises in rooms where nobody was. We thought it was mice or the house settling. Then one night my sister ran out of her room and had fear on her face. She got my mother and they looked in and on the wall there was the shadow of a man with a hat on. It just sat there. Then it finally disappeared. My father who had lived there by himself for nearly two years told us, "It's just the haint. This house is hainty!" My father, who was not scared of them at all, finally decided to tell us what happened while he was there alone. He said he would be lying on the bed and it would start shaking. He told of other stuff happening like the noises. After a while, we got used to it.

One time, I had just gotten a new video game system, an Intellivision. My family decided to go to town and I decided to stay there by myself. Yep just me and the dogs. Well I was sitting there playing the game and I heard a noise in the kitchen. I ignored it. Then I heard a bunch more noises. I then proceeded to turn the game off and get the hell out. When my parents got home, I was standing in the middle of the road playing with the dog.

My father would go to bars some nights and would get home about 2AM some nights. We would hear him drive up and open the door for him. On many nights we would hear a car drive up and stop and we would open the door. On many nights there was no visible car there, just the noise. This went on for the duration of our time there. After four years we moved back to California.

It's my theory that a family left that house in a car and possibly drove off a bridge into some water and died. Maybe they were kidnapped and killed. I suspect they maybe never even knew they were dead. Anyway that's my story about living in a house with very active ghosts. So active we just got used to it. My father told another story about what happened but that belongs in the UFO section. :)

Kylearan

Scruff

It's "just the haint"???  I wish I could be as cool as your dad.  I'd be standing on the road playing with the dog, too, only I'd need a new pair of pants.

b_dubb

Quote from: Kylearan on January 14, 2012, 01:07:26 PMMy father told another story about what happened but that belongs in the UFO section. :)
go on please

ksm32

I made a Ouija board out of plywood and paints when I was twelve, it looked pretty darn good if i remember right. My mom found it and lost her mind and i was grounded for two weeks, thus missing the KISS concert my uncle was to take me to.   BAD BOARD!

During this two weeks I hijacked my sister's Barbie head, a headsize toy of barbie for little girls to practice applying makeup to. With my dads hot irons and crayons n paints... i had it looking exactly like Regan in her worst stage of possession.

Avi

Quote from: ksm32 on February 21, 2012, 12:41:39 AM
I made a Ouija board out of plywood and paints when I was twelve, it looked pretty darn good if i remember right. My mom found it and lost her mind and i was grounded for two weeks, thus missing the KISS concert my uncle was to take me to.   BAD BOARD!

During this two weeks I hijacked my sister's Barbie head, a headsize toy of barbie for little girls to practice applying makeup to. With my dads hot irons and crayons n paints... i had it looking exactly like Regan in her worst stage of possession.

Have you discussed this with your therapist? I mean, going to KISS concerts is seriously messed up.

ksm32

Avi, I didn't make it to the kiss show ;D so im fine.

But to be serious I don't think there is an Art ouija board story, and if there is  and it was that good ? he would have told it long ago. He loved playing that sounds of hell clip and certain other things over and over.

Perhaps he would have brought it up with Harlett or perhaps father Martin, would have made for some great content.

PS. my therapist was cross gendered and later took they're own life.

b_dubb

did Art ever discuss his Ouija board experience?  i thought he swore he'd never tell it

every time i ever saw anyone using Ouija board there was beer/liquor/weed involved.  so were spirits moving the pointer thingy?  yeah.  but the spirits were named Jim Beam and spleeeeeef

coaster

Even with all the religion and scientific studies done, no one has communicated with the other side (or has solid proof anyways) yet a board game from parker brothers has no problem at all contacting the dead... ::)

Test4echo

I can tell you my experience with a Oujia board....

This is absolutely true, no embellishments what so ever.

When I was 12, I was at a babysitters house whom i was usually left at when my parents went out.
I can recall the events of that night like it happened yesterday.

My babysitter was a young girl at the time. Maybe 18.
This particular night she had a bunch of friends over and I clearly remember a Ouija board being set up in her basement.
I didn't know "what" a Ouija board was at the time. I do however remember them gathered around the board with all their fingertips lightly touching a heart shaped object.
They mentioned some relatives and i remember everyone giggling and saying things like WOW.
Later on I remember them calling on the spirit of Jack the Ripper. (Yes...I know) but its true. They did.

At some point during this latter "calling" every single window in my babysitters basement shattered. I was there. It scared the shit out of everyone including me.
I remember my babysitter calling HER parents (crying and freaking out) home and the police were called.

After the police had come, they told my babysitters parents that some of the kids must have played a practical joke and smashed the windows from the inside out because all the shattered glass was on the outside of the windows laying in the grass and none was actually in the house.

Now I was there, I remember it. I can tell you that of the few friends she had over, none had left the board at any time prior to the windows blowing out. No one.

To this day, I'm 40 now, I know something "strange" happened that night.

I'll never forget it.

Test,

Northcoaster

When is someone going to start an ouija board TV reality show? That would be something I'd watch.

Test4echo

Quote from: Northcoaster on February 23, 2012, 06:09:12 PM
When is someone going to start an ouija board TV reality show? That would be something I'd watch.

It would probably be quite boring. An into, then static from the cameras for an hour.

LLAB

Test,

coaster

Quote from: Test4echo on February 25, 2012, 05:13:12 PM
It would probably be quite boring. An into, then static from the cameras for an hour.

LLAB

Test,
True, it probably would be, but have you ever seen a reality tv show that wasn't boring?

Scruff

Quote from: Test4echo on February 23, 2012, 01:19:55 PM

This is absolutely true, no embellishments what so ever.
Excellent story! 

The General

Quote from: Test4echo on February 23, 2012, 01:19:55 PM

Nice one.  That shit's real, no doubt.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Northcoaster on February 23, 2012, 06:09:12 PM
Quote from: Test4echo on February 25, 2012, 05:13:12 PM
It would probably be quite boring....
Especially if conceived / produced by Noory.  Hyped for 6 months, then at the promised time, no show, and just an hour of Noory explaining how he had decided that we really couldn't handle such a show -- while the viewer sees 2 hands patting Noory's back as he speaks.

pidgeotto

Avi, I didn't make it to the kiss show  so im fine.

But to be serious I don't think there is an Art ouija board story, and if there is  and it was that good ? he would have told it long ago. He loved playing that sounds of hell clip and certain other things over and over.

Perhaps he would have brought it up with Harlett or perhaps father Martin, would have made for some great content.

PS. my therapist was cross gendered and later took they're own life.

Ruteger

It was my brother and my aunt that were playing this awful game with me so many years ago. My brother and I were not more than 10 and 13 at the time, and my aunt perhaps 20. 30+ years later I have asked them if they had moved it as a prank, and both have denied it. I believe them (they are my kin and would not lie to me). Just beware of this so-called "game".

=============================================================================================

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 24, 2010, 01:37:20 PM
me too.  however, i was always blatantly moving it around and freaking out everyone who was doing it with me.  i ALWAYS moved it.   muahahahaha.