• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Black Sword of the Pissed Off Realm

Started by Camazotz Automat, August 08, 2008, 03:13:21 AM

EvB

QuoteHis condescension toward various female guests is painful to witness.

Yes GOD YES!  I'm not sure it's only female - but YES YES YES.

Once again, there was one of those moments where George convinced me that - stupid or not - he believes WE are.  He was asking about a comment the guest made regarding the "frequency" of stones, suggesting that "frequency" or "spiritual vibration" applied only to things that are, or were once, alive. The guest pounced on that idea with enthusiasm, exclaiming that while people did not usually understand it, gemstones are alive.

While not loud, George can clearly be heard talking under his now excited guest, who is in her element, saying "heeeere we go . ." scoff- sicker - cough.  (and it doesn't matter what you, I, or George think of her POV - she was the FREAKING GUEST and if he's not going to engage her in intelligent debate he should shuddupaboudit)

Asshole

Quote from: EvB on September 24, 2008, 07:36:42 AM
Yes GOD YES!  I'm not sure it's only female - but YES YES YES.

Once again, there was one of those moments where George convinced me that - stupid or not - he believes WE are.  He was asking about a comment the guest made regarding the "frequency" of stones, suggesting that "frequency" or "spiritual vibration" applied only to things that are, or were once, alive. The guest pounced on that idea with enthusiasm, exclaiming that while people did not usually understand it, gemstones are alive.

While not loud, George can clearly be heard talking under his now excited guest, who is in her element, saying "heeeere we go . ." scoff- sicker - cough.  (and it doesn't matter what you, I, or George think of her POV - she was the FREAKING GUEST and if he's not going to engage her in intelligent debate he should shuddupaboudit)

Asshole
Ok, based on these last two comments, I must say that at the moment, my current opinion of George is that

1) he has the self-involved ego of a child who doesn't know any better, which is pretty bad since he's had 40+ years to get a clue...
AND
2) SUCKS for being such a schmuck (nicest term I can think of) to his guests. Is he now competing with Ian on who can be more condescending and narrowminded while still scrunching into the alternative media category?

I would much rather listen to Rush (refering to ongoing debate in another thread). What's my name?  ;D (I know I'm a dork, but I can't resist!)

Spikegirl

Quote from: Art is the Best on September 24, 2008, 06:04:04 PM
1) he has the self-involved ego of a child who doesn't know any better, which is pretty bad since he's had 40+ years to get a clue...

40+ years?! The man is in his late '50's. He's older than dirt. He's a living fossil. He needs to be helped across a room. He should know WAAAAY better.

EvB

QuoteIs he now competing with Ian on who can be more condescending and narrowminded while still scrunching into the alternative media category?

I don't usually find Ian condescending - but I do understand why some people do.  Here is the thing - if a guest of Ian's has said "gems are alive" (and he wanted to clarify or challenge it) Ian would either have said "What do you base that on, no - I MEAN it - what do you mean by alive?" and made them answer.  -- OR he would have, flat out, said "Oh GET OUT!" to their face.  Not slid some semi-freidian "opps! did i say that OUTLOUD?" in under the radar.

Ian can be abrasive.  George is just a fuck-head.

EvB

PS:  Who thinks Phan and I should have silver stars, not blue?   ;D

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on September 24, 2008, 07:12:03 PM
PS:  Who thinks Phan and I should have silver stars, not blue?   ;D

They look purple on my screen. Silver would be nice, too.

EvB

Yeah - they are kind purple-periwinlkeish.  And - it don't mater.  I just had one of the impish moments where my thoughts went out my fingers to the keyboard w/o much thought.  :-X

Tinky Winky!!!

I have noticed that George has been talking under his breath more and more.

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 08, 2008, 08:06:53 PM
Not everyone has been excluded. I sent Ev some pics, too.

(JUST JOKING! I see the drinking has started early on this Friday night! ;D )

Okay - i think it's time we just came out with it- don't you SG?  She DID send 'em - and I LIKED 'EM!

SO THERE!

No need to hide any more, Spikey.  :-*

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on September 24, 2008, 08:22:13 PM
I have noticed that George has been talking under his breath more and more.

Is it possible that we are driving him TRULY INSANE!??

MWahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on September 24, 2008, 08:27:28 PM
Okay - i think it's time we just came out with it- don't you SG?  She DID send 'em - and I LIKED 'EM!

SO THERE!

No need to hide any more, Spikey.  :-*

Ev, that was just supposed to be between you and me.... ;D

Quote from: EvB on September 24, 2008, 08:29:08 PM
Is it possible that we are driving him TRULY INSANE!??

MWahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Jokes aside, I wondered something like that the other night listening to him. Like he's got some degenerative mental disease.

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 24, 2008, 08:32:31 PM
Ev, that was just supposed to be between you and me.... ;D

I wouldn't mind being between you and Ev  8)

Spikegirl

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on September 24, 2008, 08:34:04 PM

I wouldn't mind being between you and Ev  8)

Ahh..the forum stud strikes again!  :D

Excuse me, THE FORUM HYPNOSTUD. I stand corrected.

George,

This letter comes to you from Hell...

While hawking a product for CCrane, George mentioned a twin "ferret" antenna instead of "ferrite."

I'm not really that violent.  I've gotten it under control and mellowed out in the last thousand years or so, but if I were within six feet of that congenitally self-lobotomized sponge-fucker when he said "ferret" ... 

(retrieving Arrakis ?Chrysknife from drawer)

I ...  I ...

I really think the jury would choose to acquit me of the murder charge - however, they would almost certainly experience various points of contention regarding the tongue later found in a mason jar.  A much heated debate during deliberation would ping pong between the "exact time" said appendage was removed and some supposed life-force of the victim.

Was the tongue removed before or after?  Before?  After?

Before???

Wouldn't be as easy for them to release me to the streets after that little SPAM in a Cabin playback, right? - regardless of how they chose to  PLAY   IT   OUT.

("IT" being the ...)

Surely, other convicts would bestow me with such colorful monikers as "The Tongue" or "Cat."

"Yo, don't be fuckin' widda tung, man.  Mother's crazy.  I'm talkin' Hannible and shit."

I would adorn myself in Beetlejuice garb for the trial along with my favorite brown deerstalker hat from my slumming days as I tunneled through the White Chapel district. 

Definitely.

My sincere gratitude for inducing a blast from the past, King George.

? A weapon that is in fact a tooth/fang from a dead Dune sandworm.

I normally use this area to vent on something Noory says.  I am making an exception due to the amazing Revelation on November 1st that Ian Punnett had never heard of Michael Moorcock until that night when a caller asked about him.

Even burned out metal heads have heard of Moorcock, as he used to do readings at Hawkwind (featuring Lemmy of Motorhead) concerts and collaborated with the band. 

What annoys me here is how Ian claims to be a comic book geek one second and, judging by the reticent tone of his voice, seemed to suspect he was being punked when a caller asked if he ever heard of Michael Moorcock.

Am I being too hard on Ian?  I don't think so.  In my opinion, true comic book geeks have at least HEARD of Moorcock and Elric and Stormbringer and many have read some of the work. 

It's possible my geekonoid associates are of a more serious calibre than those commonly encountered at your average RPG dice supply den.  Regardless, Ian just likes to claim he is in the secret brotherhood of ink inhalers and has now been found out to be more of a mere "Batman" nerd with a very limited knowledge of all things science fiction and fantasy.

(unless you count his religious studies)

Yeah, I'm pissed and I'll tell you why.  It reminds me of when Noory is asked about a paranormal topic and shows his ignorance by replying with a lame comment.

The only thing I hate more is when Noory asks a question about something that is OBVIOUSLY UNANSWERABLE and uses that drama queen inflection that makes me want to SHOOT MY RADIO WITH A SHOTGUN.

"Why do you think that is, Ken?" 
"How did that come about, Ken?"
"Now, Why is that, Ken?"
"Why is the universe seem to be designed, Ken?"
"Why do I SUCK SO MUCH, Ken?"

God save me!

WTF, Ian? 

If you don't know who Moorcock IS, Ian, then I suggest you stop trotting out comic book guests.  ALL of your comic book guests know who he is and the fact you don't tells me you shouldn't be interviewing them anymore than Noory should be interviewing Stephen Hawking. 

I am reminded of the night someone asked Noory if he had ever heard of the Necronomicon created by H P Lovecraft.

Someone hosting a talk show like Coast should not only have heard of it, but should be able to quote something from it.

Noory of course, was fucking oblivious.

IDIOTS commanding ridiculous salaries!

I guess it all depends if Ian truly claims to be an old-school geek or not. You know, basement dwellers from the 70's blaring Rush while LARPing to their own 10-sided die. Or perhaps he's more newschool and enjoys modern electronic/card gaming and Marvel/DC/Dark Horse comics and things like that. Then you've also got your anime geek subculture, sci-fi geek subculture (strictly Trek, Wars, Stargate, Shadowrun, ect)...there are so many kinds of geeks that I'd be interested to know what category(ies) Ian really falls into.

Besides, geeks are always out-geeking each other in one area or another. A good example is while my friend is a ST:TOS and ST:DS9 overlord, I'm the master of TNG and Voyager. So when we get drunk and play his Trek-based board/card game, we always get to 1-up each other in front of everyone else depending on which series gets called. Although one thing we can both agree on is that Enterprise was mediocre at best except for Season 3, and the beginning of 4 with Brent Spiner's story arc...but now I'm rambling beyond making my point.   

Point is though, I can't blame Ian. To be honest, I'm not all that familiar with the fantasy aspect of geekdom in any form of media. Apart from Gauntlet, Bauldur's Gate, or Magic:The Gathering, I don't dabble much in that realm myself.   

EvB

Cam is a Renaissance Man.  I think it's harsh of him to measure others by his own impeccable standards - but then - that's also part of who our Cam is.

What can I say?  He's trashed me before and he will again.  I actually look forward to it. It seems to me that Geeks of Cam's caliber only rip on those they consider worthy of their time. 

A Camattack is a compliment.  8)

Given your expertise and interests, I knew you would respond, Pirate and anticipated your response regarding the theory of geek by degree or genre or specialty.   ;) 

I had to think it through first, before I posted the rant.  "Well, Ian just isn't into THAT area of fiction," I thought originally.  So I almost didn't say anything.  Plus, it's no secret I like Ian in general and I didn't want to be unfair.

However, the fulcrum on which I base my Ian bashing teeter totter is Ian's age and with that well positioned triangle I can bash him until doomsday.

With his age factored in, and his education, & his proclaimed interests, his ignorance of the existence of Moorcock is inexcusable. 

Period.

All I wanted was for him to say "I've heard of him."  That's it.  Hell, Ian said he was a Burroughs fan.  I've never met a true Burroughs fan who didn't know about the existence of Moorcock.

Recall Moorcock became editor of "The Tarzan Adventures" in 1956 when he was sixteen.  So how serious of a Tarzan/Burroughs fan is Ian?

Personally, I have read but one or two shorts by Moorcock, and they were his fantasy work, not Sci Fi  (some of my geek friends would cringe, were they to know I was saying "Sci Fi" instead of "Science Fiction) but I heard about Moorcock himself thirty years ago merely by reading other Sci Fi and fantasy writers.   Elric was and still is, plastered all over the Sci Fi Fantasy Book of the Month Club ads. 

From my POV, Pirate, it's tantamount to EvB not knowing where she was when Kennedy was assassinated (based of course on her age disclosure on another post) or myself not recalling exactly what I was doing when they finished the construction of that blinding white monolith known as the Great Pyramid.   

Or, looked at in another way, given your age, if I asked you if you had ever heard of Clive Barker and you said "no" I would be speechless: 

"Ever heard of Clive Barker?"
"Don't think so."
"Come on, Pirate.  Hellraiser?"
"Nope."
"Pinhead?  They made vinyl model kits of him."
"Negative."
"Gay English writer who tried to be the next Stephen King?"
"Sorry, Cam.  'Clive Barker' sounds like the name of an uppity dog, dude."

Ian is 48 I believe.  How can he have never heard of the author and yet claim to be any kind of comic book geek at all from his generation?  All those posters and art work of Elric with the black sword in the comic book stores?

And what of Ian's love of all things albino?

(laughing) ((inside joke))

Out of curiosity (your areas of interests acknowledged) Pirate, have you ever heard of Michael Moorcock before I mentioned him?

If you say "no" I will definitely cut Ian a little slack, despite the generational difference between you and will have to assume that Ian became a geek much later in life - but such a delay, frankly, does not compute for various reasons.

Finally, I hold the somewhate unrealistic expectation that anyone who hosts a show tuned into by millions will have already interviewed a personal associate of Moorcock's.  I am somewhat positive Ian has done so but I need to verify.

I am shocked to the same degree "as if" Ian had claimed he had never heard of Bishop Pike.  (If Ian has never heard of Pike, he should not have been ordained, btw.  But I am confident he studied Pike.)

Bottom line, when Ian heard the word "Moorcock", I can only believe he choked and feared it was a prank call.  At least that's what I hope occurred, given Ian's intelligence and thousands of  reading hours he has no doubt invested over time.

P.S. I don't know if Pirate's avatar is a BioShock helmet or what, but it would make for an excellent Halloween costume.  I fear I am in denial that Halloween has already come and gone.  The pumpkin was a bastard to carve.  I hate to let it go.

Quote from: EvB on November 03, 2008, 01:44:38 PM
Cam is a Renaissance Man.  I think it's harsh of him to measure others by his own impeccable standards - but then - that's also part of who our Cam is.

What can I say?  He's trashed me before and he will again.  I actually look forward to it. It seems to me that Geeks of Cam's caliber only rip on those they consider worthy of their time. 

A Camattack is a compliment.  8)

This is very true and even more accurately, a "Renaissance Beast." 

A striking exception is when I bash George.  He's not worthy of any of our time ... yet we endure.  It's what we do.

Some of my be(a)st writing on this site involved my observations on  or to Ian, my funniest perhaps being "A Letter to Ian Punnett."

Click here to read Cam's Letter to Ian Punnett

EvB

Quoteit's tantamount to EvB not knowing where she was when Kennedy was assassinated

I was in my second grade classroom in suburban Boston.  Teachers started rushing around whispering, passing notes.  Children, at least in public, didn't tend to act out even if flipped out.  So we just sat there - and looked at each other from time to time - frowning - shrugging - whispering a little.

We were let out of school - but not told why.  We were told to go straight home (most of us had a parent waiting outside already - my Mom was there) On the way out my first grade teacher and my second grade teacher leaned in over our heads.

"He's dead" hissed Mrs. Second grade.

"How can you SAY such an awful thing!" yelped Mrs. First Grade. 

NOW the kids started to break ranks - it got a little unorganized.

"MOVE ALONG!"  We were told - "Go straight home!"

I got my coat - got out side -and heard my mother yelling my name form the car.

Nope - don't recall a thing.

Sorry.

Lol, well I must admit, Cam, I didn't know Moorcock. I suppose in a way, by attempting to cut Ian's geekdom some slack, I was cutting my own some slack. Of course I know Clive Barker though. My last default ringtone was actually from a band called Aborted which begins with the ever so lovely line "Your Suffering Will Be Legendary - Even In Hell!" (follows with heavy blastbeat and guitar riff) :)

QuoteP.S. I don't know if Pirate's avatar is a Bioshock helmet or what, but it would make for an excellent Halloween costume.

Ah! Close! It's the main character Issac from the just recently released game, "Dead Space". I beat it in a couple of days, and it's amazing, but if you don't feel like playing the game, you can watch the animated prequel film to the game online at various streaming movie sites. It's called Dead Space: Downfall. It sort of mixes far-future religious fanaticism with something like the Monolith from 2001:ASO and then spices it with "Silent Hill meets HR Geiger-style" monsters...which are aliens but..not..really...sometimes. >.>..Anyways, actually pretty deep plot-line for a game. They're already working on a sequel.

Oh, I'm also a huge Lovecraft fan. Nice avatar. Hehe. Wish Cthulhu was on the ballot when I walk in tomorrow instead of these two pinheads. Oh well. 

The fact that one of the beings from the times before time knows what "A BioShock Helmet" is, is staggering to me.  Shocked - Can this guy get any cooler?

P.S. - I wish I had a working 360 so I could play Dead Space.  It looks pretty awesome. And did you say LARPing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. "Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, FIREBALL!"

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 03, 2008, 08:37:47 PM
Lol, well I must admit, Cam, I didn't know Moorcock. I suppose in a way, by attempting to cut Ian's geekdom some slack, I was cutting my own some slack. Of course I know Clive Barker though. My last default ringtone was actually from a band called Aborted which begins with the ever so lovely line "Your Suffering Will Be Legendary - Even In Hell!" (follows with heavy blastbeat and guitar riff) :)

I am an entity of my word.  If someone such as yourself,  immersed in various games, literature, & music with your two cigarette fingers of benediction firmly on the pulsing carotid artery of the cutting edge of hip was unaware of Moorcock, then I am definitely cutting Ian some Church of the SubGenius slack.   As Ev suggested, I can be a harsh filter.

And thanks for the Dead Space tip.  I will consider it.  That avatar alone makes me want to investigate.  Though I am not a player anywhere near your, Mordred's, or Phan's level, I appreciate the medium, from Pong to Spore (and even the paper and video games marketed by Cheapass Games at cheapass.com.  I like the retro art and feel of Digital Eel's "Plasmaworm" and "Dr. Blob's Organism."  That was a shameless plug, but they are good humans.) 

It's a Vulcan cliche, but that makes it no less true: The more complex the mind - the greater the need for play. 

George just asked a guest if there is a location on the Mitchell-Hedges Crystal Skull where a "key could go in."

Witness firsthand the blithering master jackass of the known universe.  Surely it is some Freudian slip as to if there is some crystal orifice in which he can insert his questionable wedding tackle?

He talks.  He broadcasts.  He earns millions of dollars.

~Turn that key~, oh scryer.

Let us bray.

Damnable idiot.

ANYONE familiar with this carved "Carnival of Light" crystal would know the answer. It is one of the most tested "occult objects" on the planet (though I seriously doubt it is of Mayan origin.) The Mitchell-Hedges skull is so well known in paranormal, mainstream, and skeptic circles that NO ONE should EVER ask if there is a place in the skull for a goddamn KEY!!!!! 

Such a fact would have surfaced DECADES ago, but this dickless wonder asks a question as if playing an extremely poorly designed campaign of Dungeons & Dragons.

Save me before I "rip my heart out on the stage" (Rolling Stones Mayan style) of this spectacle known as the "Traveling George Noory Show."  Yes, even now, I can see myself perched like a doomed bird on an ancient stepped pyramid, my absinthe laced blood flowing down to the natives who are tempted to create their own communion.

This is what happens when you don't tune in for a while ? you are exposed to a "new low even for Noory."

Spikegirl

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 18, 2008, 03:01:56 AM

George just asked a guest if there is a location on the Mitchell-Hedges Crystal Skull where a "key could go in."

Witness firsthand the blithering master jackass of the known universe.  Surely it is some Freudian slip as to if there is some crystal orifice in which he can insert his questionable wedding tackle?

He talks.  He broadcasts.  He earns millions of dollars.

~Turn that key~, oh scryer.

Let us bray.

Damnable idiot.

ANYONE familiar with this carved "Carnival of Light" crystal would know the answer. It is one of the most tested "occult objects" on the planet (though I seriously doubt it is of Mayan origin.) The Mitchell-Hedges skull is so well known in paranormal, mainstream, and skeptic circles that NO ONE should EVER ask if there is a place in the skull for a goddamn KEY!!!!! 

Such a fact would have surfaced DECADES ago, but this dickless wonder asks a question as if playing an extremely poorly designed campaign of Dungeons & Dragons.

Save me before I "rip my heart out on the stage" (Rolling Stones Mayan style) of this spectacle known as the "Traveling George Noory Show."  Yes, even now, I can see myself perched like a doomed bird on an ancient stepped pyramid, my absinthe laced blood flowing down to the natives who are tempted to create their own communion.

This is what happens when you don't tune in for a while ? you are exposed to a "new low even for Noory."

Another great post!  ;)

I caught a bit of the replay that KFI does from 5-8 am eastern time, 2-5 pacific time and drifted in and out between George's stupid questions. I was lucid enough to catch him comment that it would be great if the skull could project images and show us the mysteries of the universe that way.

Here's a mystery of the universe, George. How are you still employed?

Leave it to the Snoron to want to just sit back on his fat, cottage cheese ass and be shown the 'mysteries of the universe'.

Spikegirl

"Murder She Wrote"

The real murder happens each night at 10 pm pacific.

R.I.P., Coast.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Spikegirl on November 22, 2008, 08:57:33 AM
"Murder She Wrote"

The real murder happens each night at 10 pm pacific.

R.I.P., Coast.

And stick that saber/sword (of which is pictured above) in the grave!!!!!!!

For fun, a group of posters can go to cemetary and take EVP's of the voice of George underground.

George's voice in that EVP tone,  "Help, Help let me out!  I need to sign off and make more episodes of the "The Unexplained."  The ratings were not that bad and it is not safe underground."

At approximately 12:53 AM CST, George Noory informed guest Susan Smith Jones that he works 12 hour days -  8 hours of prep and 4 hours of air time.

I am not proud (nor ashamed) to admit that if I could have reached through the radio waves at that precise instant and choked him, I would have done so until he expired - at which point, appropriate spells would have been cast to effect resurrection and we would be introduced to "Zombie George" - an exciting, fun, outgoing dead guy who has "been there and back" and engages his audience in conversations confidently rooted in his brief excursion through the Underworld.

12 hour work days.  Really now, George.  Really.

How much of that 8 hrs of prep is dedicated to mustache wax and restocking his oozing machismo?