• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Game of Thrones

Started by morgana213, September 27, 2015, 04:56:57 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 13, 2019, 01:43:07 AM

I gave up on Saul after Season 3. They got stuck between two stools and are more interested in making Saul/Jimmy sympathetic, but it doesn't work and you get whole seasons where hardly anything happens. I'm guessing that there are two groups of writers with different ideas and they're struggling to make it coherent. It's a shame because they have a good cast (although they are terrible with women) and it feels like a waste.

I've actually enjoyed BCS even more than Breaking Bad, but I can totally understand your take on it.  Perhaps as the series wraps up, it'll make all of the "nothing happens" episodes seem worthwhile to you in retrospect (if you decide to catch up on the show).

Jackstar

[attachment=1,msg1326286]

[attachment=2,msg1326286]

Game of Thrones is an excruciating trainwreck. Word on the street is that a large number of the actors are transgender--I suspect this rumour is paid viral marketing as a dodge to cover the fact the writers are all deeply, tragically retarded.

Taaroa

Quote from: Liberace! on May 13, 2019, 01:27:13 AM
I've never seen an episode of GOT.  I have no idea what it's even about.  When the series is entirely finished, I'll check it out. 

I no longer am willing to be strung along season by season, episode by episode, waiting for these shows to squeeze out an episode.  It's excruciating.  I'm glad I'll get to binge watch this one (if I like it). 

The Sopranos made people wait forever (up to two years?) for new seasons to air.  Better Call Saul is taking a similar approach.  Glad I got into The Sopranos after it was finished.  I made a mistake being impatient to see BCS.  Now I'm right there with all of the other rubes awaiting season 5.  I didn't follow my own rule with BCS.  Ugh.

Try being a long time watcher of The Venture Bros - been airing since 03/04, with a gap of 2-3 years between every season.

Kidnostad3

Killing off primary characters episode by episode has nothing to do with story telling or art.  It's all about payroll cost control. 

trostol

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on May 19, 2019, 08:59:01 PM
and now its over..
Good. People watch tv? Read some Snorri Sturluson is you want fun myths and history. And much better, and depending on book, real, sorta- he had some agendas.

Kidnostad3

That was an acceptable ending. 

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 19, 2019, 09:16:48 PM
That was an acceptable ending.

Utter crap, Marvel / Lucas ending .

Quote from: Liberace! on May 13, 2019, 01:27:13 AM
I've never seen an episode of GOT.  I have no idea what it's even about.  When the series is entirely finished, I'll check it out. 

I no longer am willing to be strung along season by season, episode by episode, waiting for these shows to squeeze out an episode.  It's excruciating.  I'm glad I'll get to binge watch this one (if I like it). 

The Sopranos made people wait forever (up to two years?) for new seasons to air.  Better Call Saul is taking a similar approach.  Glad I got into The Sopranos after it was finished.  I made a mistake being impatient to see BCS.  Now I'm right there with all of the other rubes awaiting season 5.  I didn't follow my own rule with BCS.  Ugh.
Butters summarizes it pretty well.  (No spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCadjRCyhcw