• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rush Limbaugh

Started by Marc.Knight, March 17, 2011, 10:10:10 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 04, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
No, but we're still allowed to have opinions, and voice them.

Trump the person is a blustering jerk.  He doesn't seem that bright, if he is he hides it well.  He treats people very poorly, not a good trait for the nation's top diplomat.  He doesn't have the temperament to be president.  I still think this is going to end badly.  Schwarzenegger badly. 

So far he's picking the obvious, low hanging fruit, and listening to his advisers to a certain extent, but he's already made predictable unnecessary heavy handed blunders - with our friends and trading partners in Mexico, our allies in Australia, and with the travel ban.  He's going to need Congress to push his agenda through, and if he starts sinking, they aren't going to be on his bandwagon, they're going to try to save themselves.

None of this is new.

He's also Not Hilary, and being Not Hilary is the Number 1 job for the new president.  If he learns to think before tweeting and speaking, to keep certain conversations behind closed doors, to let his people do their jobs and takes their advice, he can be a great president.  His choice.

Sure! No one's stopping anyone from bitching with the other grannies in the sewing circle. I just think there are much bigger fish to fry than to constantly keep responding to the Dems attempts to send everyone into a raving panic.  ::)

I'll let you know when I think he really fucks up though. So far the dust from the old admin hasn't even settled yet. Everyone should just calm down and give Trump's admin a little time to settle in and find their groove.  :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on February 04, 2017, 06:08:22 PM
Of all the conservative talk, Rush is my fave, mostly because he's got a dry sense of humor and a flair for the dramatic.  He does not add to my tension or road rage levels while driving around.  He's actually got some funny lines.  And he doesn't sound as bitter or unhinged as some of the others, like Savage or Levin or the dreaded Beck.  Whether I agree with his points or not doesn't really matter as I think he's fun to listen to either way, well in small doses at least.

I started listening to Rush right after he started for the sole reason that his 800 number was the same as my office phone and Houston did not have 10 digit dialing yet. Made for interesting lunch time at the office. Had to just ignore outside phone calls for a couple of hours because we did not have caller id either.

He is an entertainer.

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 04, 2017, 06:24:00 PM
I started listening to Rush right after he started for the sole reason that his 800 number was the same as my office phone and Houston did not have 10 digit dialing yet. Made for interesting lunch time at the office. Had to just ignore outside phone calls for a couple of hours because we did not have caller id either.

He is an entertainer.

He is very very good  And so spot on.  I have listened in the past but since he's on 9am-noon here, I've had very little chance to do so for quite awhile

His two biggest weaknesses are the economy and the environment.  He understands pretty much zero on either.

It's funny, he's great on economic policy and the predictable end results - but when he's explaining why, it's clear he doesn't understand it at all.

On the environment he just doesn't get it, period.  Well, other than understanding ''man made climate change'' is BS.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 04, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
No, but we're still allowed to have opinions, and voice them.

well... no shit.

Lunger

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 04, 2017, 07:07:22 PM
On the environment he just doesn't get it, period.  Well, other than understanding ''man made climate change'' is BS.

It is!  What else do you need to know in a political context?

Quote from: Lunger on February 05, 2017, 09:04:08 PM
It is!  What else do you need to know in a political context?

Seriously?

We could start with fracking.  An environmental nightmare.  There is also the pollution and depletion of ground water / aquifers, habitat loss, over fishing.  Our oceans are filling up with bits of plastic, they are dying, corals are dying, rainforest destruction, fertilizer runoff ends up suffocating everything in the water and creating dead zones, offshore drilling, pollution from manufacturing, mining, etc. 

That's a short list, and Rush Limbaugh plays down and doesn't give a hoot about any of it.  He is so completely ignorant on the subject that he doesn't even realize the issues exist.

We've done much towards ending the worst of some of it.  We aren't strip mining thousands of square miles or sawing down entire forests anymore.  Our air and water are cleaner than they've been in a century.  But we are continuing unchecked in other areas, and other damage has slowed down but not stopped or reversed. 

People like Rush won't be happy until everything is black outside.

Lunger

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 05, 2017, 09:52:51 PM
Seriously?

We could start with fracking.  An environmental nightmare.  There is also the pollution and depletion of ground water / aquifers, habitat loss, over fishing.  Our oceans are filling up with bits of plastic, they are dying, corals are dying, rainforest destruction, fertilizer runoff ends up suffocating everything in the water and creating dead zones, offshore drilling, pollution from manufacturing, mining, etc. 

That's a short list, and Rush Limbaugh plays down and doesn't give a hoot about any of it.  He is so completely ignorant on the subject that he doesn't even realize the issues exist.

We've done much towards ending the worst of some of it.  We aren't strip mining thousands of square miles or sawing down entire forests anymore.  Our air and water are cleaner than they've been in a century.  But we are continuing unchecked in other areas, and other damage has slowed down but not stopped or reversed. 

Except for fracking, which we've been doing for over 100 years ---- and now its a problem?  none of that other stuff has really hit the political arena.

I wish people would not be so easily swayed on the nebulous bullshit that will never be solved because its not a real problem in the first place ( read: AGW , fracking... ) and maybe concentrate on the problem that are solvable ( Read: Ocean trash islands )

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 05, 2017, 09:52:51 PM
Seriously?

Who would have guessed that beneath that flinty exterior beats the heart of a tree hugging whale saver? Although we've had our occasional disagreements, I believe in giving credit when it's due and am with you on this issue. I'm especially against anything that threatens underground water sources, and fracking is just insane recklessness that's a disaster waiting to happen.

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 05, 2017, 10:59:46 PM
... fracking is just insane recklessness that's a disaster waiting to happen.

You're looking at it the wrong way, think of it as free earthquakes amusement park rides.

Quote from: Lunger on February 05, 2017, 10:51:40 PM
Except for fracking, which we've been doing for over 100 years ---- and now its a problem?  none of that other stuff has really hit the political arena.

I wish people would not be so easily swayed on the nebulous bullshit that will never be solved because its not a real problem in the first place ( read: AGW , fracking... ) and maybe concentrate on the problem that are solvable ( Read: Ocean trash islands )

We've become so much more efficient at fracking, and it's much more extensive. 

Lunger

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 05, 2017, 11:42:03 PM
We've become so much more efficient at fracking, and it's much more extensive.

That's a good thing.  Everyone is saying that they cause earthquakes now.  So what?  The media makes it sound like each one is a Fukushima-type event when I've had trucks roll by my house that cause greater seismic activity.

Quote from: Lunger on February 06, 2017, 12:19:22 AM
That's a good thing.  Everyone is saying that they cause earthquakes now.  So what?  The media makes it sound like each one is a Fukushima-type event when I've had trucks roll by my house that cause greater seismic activity.

It also permanently ruins the groundwater. 

And I'm pretty sure trucks don't cause seismic activity. 

WildCard

Quote from: Σ> on February 04, 2017, 04:32:41 PM
i learned long ago not to bother evaluating or emotionally inveseting in how/why someone's marriage ended.  one can never really know or understand the closed door dynamics of someone else's relationship.  but, again, this is more trump "the man" stuff, which, as i pointed out, is not what motivated people to vote for him in the first place... and didn't motivate people to abandon him.  why?  because this election was about saving western civilization, not whether trump is a nice guy or whatever.

trump's use of eminent domain?  i'd agree with you on that.  i don't like property being taken just because the resulting project will generate more tax revenue.  i don't believe that was the intent behind eminent domain laws at all.

Knowing what's behind door #2 is why I pray for Trump and his awesome family every night before bed. (Or I would if I believed in that sorta thing.)

It 2020 he'll get who he wants for VP.

WildCard

double-post. sorry for disturb. please have joy.

yumyumtree

Rush is a disaster when he ventures into the area of science, medicine or the arts. He explained once that he knew that climate change was a crock because of the people who were on board with it. To him, that was proof it was bogus. He explained that this is how he evaluates a lot of ideas--if people on the left support them, they must be wrong. This was a few yeare ago. I was shocked, and lost a lot of respect for him.

Incidentally, he also believes that a lot of the people in recent protests are paid by George Soros. This is a popular idea with a lot of conservatives, but not proven.

Not long ago he announced that fact-checkers, such as factcheck.org and Snopes are biased and not trustworthy. I'm sure a lot of George's guests agree. But it shows that Rush seems to be in his own world to a greater and greater extent.

GravitySucks

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 11, 2017, 11:51:22 PM
Rush is a disaster when he ventures into the area of science, medicine or the arts. He explained once that he knew that climate change was a crock because of the people who were on board with it. To him, that was proof it was bogus. He explained that this is how he evaluates a lot of ideas--if people on the left support them, they must be wrong. This was a few yeare ago. I was shocked, and lost a lot of respect for him.

Incidentally, he also believes that a lot of the people in recent protests are paid by George Soros. This is a popular idea with a lot of conservatives, but not proven.

Not long ago he announced that fact-checkers, such as factcheck.org and Snopes are biased and not trustworthy. I'm sure a lot of George's guests agree. But it shows that Rush seems to be in his own world to a greater and greater extent.

Once snopes turned to politics, they hired a liberal blogger. Look it up.
http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/exposed-you-wont-believe-who-snopes-fact-checker-really-is

At least $33 million to BLM from Soros.  Is that enough?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/16/black-lives-matter-cashes-100-million-liberal-foun/

That is not the only organization that he funds.
http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/11/11/color-revolution-george-soros-moveon-agitators-march-on-america-as-billionaire-instigator-sued/

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 11, 2017, 11:51:22 PM
Rush is a disaster when he ventures into the area of science, medicine or the arts. He explained once that he knew that climate change was a crock because of the people who were on board with it. To him, that was proof it was bogus. He explained that this is how he evaluates a lot of ideas--if people on the left support them, they must be wrong...

That's not a bad rule of thumb, although he may have said it to be funny?

yumyumtree

The 1994 Republican Congress made Rush an honorary member.I always remember that whenever people,including him, say he's just an entertainer. I know he says things to be funny, but if you had heard this monologue, I think you would have agreed he was serious.

I will look at the Soros links when I have time. I know he has his finger in many pies.It just seems that the more and bigger protests (including the Womens March) we have, the more likely it is that they're truly organic. Remember that Nancy Pelosi dismissed the Tea Party as " astroturf" at one time, but I'm not sure she even believed it herself. These accusations seem to be the go-to thing for opponents now.

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 12, 2017, 12:18:31 AM
The 1994 Republican Congress made Rush an honorary member.I always remember that whenever people,including him, say he's just an entertainer. I know he says things to be funny, but if you had heard this monologue, I think you would have agreed he was serious...

He's a commentator.  The equivalent of the op-ed page of a newspaper.  He selects the topics he wants to discuss, either giving his take on the main issues of the day, or presenting news/events he's interested in that have either been buried or ignored.  He does this in an entertaining fashion in order to hold an audience.

He's with the Republicans on most issues.  He was instrumental in helping Newt and the Rs bypass the mainstream media and winning the House for the first time in 40 years.  He's never denied any of this.  It was fitting they made him an honorary member.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on February 04, 2017, 06:08:22 PM
Of all the conservative talk, Rush is my fave, mostly because he's got a dry sense of humor and a flair for the dramatic.  He does not add to my tension or road rage levels while driving around.  He's actually got some funny lines.  And he doesn't sound as bitter or unhinged as some of the others, like Savage or Levin or the dreaded Beck.  Whether I agree with his points or not doesn't really matter as I think he's fun to listen to either way, well in small doses at least.

Agreed.

yumyumtree

Anybody catch Rush saying that the Lords Prayer isn't in the Bible week before last?

AZZERAE

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 03, 2017, 10:38:01 PM
Anybody catch Rush saying that the Lords Prayer isn't in the Bible week before last?

Yeah!

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 03, 2017, 10:38:01 PM
:o

He was great though the other day in his opening monologue where he detailed all the connections- professionally, personally, sexually, and politically- between various personalities in the news media, who are whining about some connection between Trump and Hannity.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on April 18, 2018, 02:11:43 PM
:o

He was great though the other day in his opening monologue where he detailed all the connections- professionally, personally, sexually, and politically- between various personalities in the news media, who are whining about some connection between Trump and Hannity.

I don't believe I've heard it yet, its been a busy week but I'm gonna catch up soon. I'll probably hear it on podcast tomorrow.

Rush is the best. I actually prefer him to Art, personally. Its no coincedence he's number #1.  :)

AZZERAE

"Lush Rim jaw"

Anyone still listening to this guy?

Because I listen to Savage, and the amount of bashing he does of Rush, he's beginning to put me off.

Gd5150

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 02:13:43 PM
I don't believe I've heard it yet, its been a busy week but I'm gonna catch up soon. I'll probably hear it on podcast tomorrow.

Rush is the best. I actually prefer him to Art, personally. Its no coincedence he's number #1.  :)

Because of weather Rush couldn’t make it to NY to induct Mark Levin into the Radio Hall of Fame, so yesterday he gave part of his speech on his show. Explained in detail the art behind being a great radio broadcaster etc... I’ve always found that subject interesting. Limbaugh was so ahead of his time. So many techniques that started on his show ended up in other talk radio. To me Art and Rush were the best, in the 90s when AM radio made it’s huge comeback, there was no one better.

Still like Rush, he keeps things interesting, entertaining, and not so stressful. His media analasis is spot on. His analasis of the lefts use of negativity, and his use of optimism is quite inspiring politically. And his sense of humor is great. He and Trump are quite similar in the way they needle the left. Little sarcastic stereotyping that drives the left insane. There’s nothing better than seeing them respond like the little brainless Pavlovian dogs they are.

Levin is an outstanding constitutional analyst and great for picking up real info on what is and isn’t constitutional. He called the Russia collusion farce months before the sham was exposed wide open. Of course the brainless left is still pushing the fantasy, shocker. Style wise Levin isn’t all that exciting. Not as stressful as Savage who’s just a flame thrower.

Metron2267

His one hour interview program on Fox is decidedly informed and in depth interviewing and analysis.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/2017/11/21/mark-levin-joins-fox-news-channel-as-host-of-life-liberty-levin/

https://www.foxnews.com/person/l/mark-levin

Killer great guest at the top of the page in one Victor Davis Hanson, author of "Mexifornia".

AZZERAE

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 20, 2018, 10:55:40 AM
Because of weather Rush couldn’t make it to NY to induct Mark Levin into the Radio Hall of Fame, so yesterday he gave part of his speech on his show. Explained in detail the art behind being a great radio broadcaster etc... I’ve always found that subject interesting. Limbaugh was so ahead of his time. So many techniques that started on his show ended up in other talk radio. To me Art and Rush were the best, in the 90s when AM radio made it’s huge comeback, there was no one better.

Still like Rush, he keeps things interesting, entertaining, and not so stressful. His media analasis is spot on. His analasis of the lefts use of negativity, and his use of optimism is quite inspiring politically. And his sense of humor is great. He and Trump are quite similar in the way they needle the left. Little sarcastic stereotyping that drives the left insane. There’s nothing better than seeing them respond like the little brainless Pavlovian dogs they are.

Levin is an outstanding constitutional analyst and great for picking up real info on what is and isn’t constitutional. He called the Russia collusion farce months before the sham was exposed wide open. Of course the brainless left is still pushing the fantasy, shocker. Style wise Levin isn’t all that exciting. Not as stressful as Savage who’s just a flame thrower.

I just heard a bit of that show, where he licked Levin's ass for an entire segment. I've tried listening to Levin, but again, Savage has said so many things about Rush, Levin and Sean Hannity that he's made them rather unlikeable - for me, personally.

There's a certain charm to Rush, which is why I keep listening to him. And I love politics compared to "the paranormal"...but unfortunately my GF ends up in tears whenever she catches me listening. I don't even consider myself conservative, but you're correct on your assessment of the alternative: frightening.

I dig Savage's stressful style. Rush can be too calm for me. Maybe I only listen to Rush because its the forbidden fruit.

Gd5150

Quote from: Azzerae on November 20, 2018, 12:31:59 PM

I dig Savage's stressful style. Rush can be too calm for me. Maybe I only listen to Rush because its the forbidden fruit.

I like when Savage talks about eating experiences in the greater San Francisco.
He has some great stories. His criticism of conservative commentators always comes off as jealousy, it’s kinda weak. I like his philosophy on conservation and animal rights but rather than just promoting the cause in a rational way he ends up talking about himself and how his views make him so much better than his fellow conservatives. It just comes off as petty.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 20, 2018, 01:51:02 PM
I like when Savage talks about eating experiences in the greater San Francisco.
He has some great stories. His criticism of conservative commentators always comes off as jealousy, it’s kinda weak. I like his philosophy on conservation and animal rights but rather than just promoting the cause in a rational way he ends up talking about himself and how his views make him so much better than his fellow conservatives. It just comes off as petty.

I also enjoy the slice of life stuff. With a touch of the cherry-picked political stuff.

The pettiness and jealousy is one of the reasons I like him ... its just so human. And relatable!