Is Rob Simone looking for Mel's Hole?

Yes
14 (45.2%)
No
6 (19.4%)
Undetermined
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

So Robby Simone is the new doctor Laura?

Nebraska888

Quote from: Morgus on April 13, 2014, 01:57:29 AM
me too,
changed the station after the first 2 hours...

Yep, me too.

ItsOver

I checked-out Simone again last night.  I didn't last thirty minutes before I was nodding off.  It was like listening to NPR.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on April 13, 2014, 11:24:16 AM
I checked-out Simone again last night.  I didn't last thirty minutes before I was nodding off.  It was like listening to NPR.

Ha!  Yes, I must admit he has that Backyard Farmer NPR type of voice:  Now, make sure your mulch is nice and thick around each tomato plant.....and water regularly!

Nebraska888

However......I must add this:

I enjoy Simone when he has good Coast topics........HE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN NOORY AND WELLS!

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on April 13, 2014, 03:24:40 PM

Ha!  Yes, I must admit he has that Backyard Farmer NPR type of voice:  Now, make sure your mulch is nice and thick around each tomato plant.....and water regularly!
Pretty close.  The little I listened to sounded like Mr. Rogers.  Not exactly "edgy.  I'd been listening to Art with SIT just before, so that didn't help any.  It still amazes me how a 15 year or older show with Art just blows any present C2C incarnation out of the water. 

PremRat really sucks when it comes to making any effort to produce a quality show with a talented host.  I haven't been impressed with any of the current crop of Saturday hosts.  All of Hollywood at their access and this is the best we can hope for?  Even if they're paying peanuts, you'd think they could draw some good young talent looking to make a name.  What a bunch of weenies.

Quote from: UFQuack on April 13, 2014, 12:06:59 AM
A quote from the relationship couple's website... "If you’re in a relationship, you need this book. If you’re single, you need this book. If you’re having sex or ever plan to have sex â€" good sex, hot sex, toe-curling sex â€" you need this book."

Part of me is gagging, thinking of Noory's prehensile toes curling, but part of me is wishing so hard that Noory, the world class prude who thinks his show is family hour, would interview this couple and completely fumble around the S-E-X parts. It could be hilarious, memorable even.

I really don't mind Rob Simone. He really IS like an NPR announcer, but when it's late and I've woken up and am not able to go back to sleep, I'd rather hear him than Mr. Conspiracy Du Jour. His voice is kind of soothing which, I realize, is not what you want when you're trying to stay up and listen to the guest

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on April 13, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
Pretty close.  The little I listened to sounded like Mr. Rogers.  Not exactly "edgy.  I'd been listening to Art with SIT just before, so that didn't help any.  It still amazes me how a 15 year or older show with Art just blows any present C2C incarnation out of the water. 

PremRat really sucks when it comes to making any effort to produce a quality show with a talented host.  I haven't been impressed with any of the current crop of Saturday hosts.  All of Hollywood at their access and this is the best we can hope for?  Even if they're paying peanuts, you'd think they could draw some good young talent looking to make a name.  What a bunch of weenies.

Agreed 100%. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 13, 2014, 05:55:16 PM
Part of me is gagging, thinking of Noory's prehensile toes curling, but part of me is wishing so hard that Noory, the world class prude who thinks his show is family hour, would interview this couple and completely fumble around the S-E-X parts. It could be hilarious, memorable even.

I really don't mind Rob Simone. He really IS like an NPR announcer, but when it's late and I've woken up and am not able to go back to sleep, I'd rather hear him than Mr. Conspiracy Du Jour. His voice is kind of soothing which, I realize, is not what you want when you're trying to stay up and listen to the guest

I can't picture Noory EVER having sex.  He is such a sissy man.  Bell is highly sexualized and Knapp is just plain sexy! 

Quote from: Nebraska888 on April 13, 2014, 06:20:16 PM
I can't picture Noory EVER having sex.  He is such a sissy man.  Bell is highly sexualized and Knapp is just plain sexy!

Do not even try to picture that, Nebraska! There is not enough brain bleach in the world to clean out that image.  ;D

Nebraska888

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 13, 2014, 06:52:51 PM
Do not even try to picture that, Nebraska! There is not enough brain bleach in the world to clean out that image.  ;D

No SH#$!   :o

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 13, 2014, 05:55:16 PM
...but part of me is wishing so hard that Noory, the world class prude who thinks his show is family hour, would interview this couple and completely fumble around the S-E-X parts. It could be hilarious, memorable even.

Totally. Fumbling Jorch would have been the only thing making that session worth listening too. Otherwise, what a suckfest.

Catsmile

Tune in to C2C AM @ around 1:35AM EST, and hear this bumper music.  :o
It fits with the current state that C2C is in.
Jeorge should make it the new C2C opener.

http://youtu.be/O20Sljxmy9M

FallenSeraph

This guest --

-- Only been talking for five minutes and is already name-dropping African tribes he's lived with and exotic drugs he's done
-- One of those people who talks as if every other sentence is a question? With a question mark on the end? Drags out his Y's? Bugs the hell out of me? Like a Valley guy?

We get it. You're an ultra-hipster. Use the term "ecological holocaust" a few more times, please. It's titillating.

I'm gonna go check his website and see if he has a ponytail and wears tunics.

Love,
The Cynical-Bitchy-I-Can't-Sleep-Dammit Archangel Seraphim

Designx

Quote from: Seraphim27 on June 15, 2014, 12:21:07 AM
This guest --

-- Only been talking for five minutes and is already name-dropping African tribes he's lived with and exotic drugs he's done
-- One of those people who talks as if every other sentence is a question? With a question mark on the end? Drags out his Y's? Bugs the hell out of me? Like a Valley guy?

We get it. You're an ultra-hipster. Use the term "ecological holocaust" a few more times, please. It's titillating.

I'm gonna go check his website and see if he has a ponytail and wears tunics.

Love,
The Cynical-Bitchy-I-Can't-Sleep-Dammit Archangel Seraphim

Hippyster

FallenSeraph

Close, but no cigar on the ponytail/tunic prediction.

[attachimg=1]

Still slightly screams douche, though.

With extra points for saying, "That's a beautiful question, Rob."

Gosh. It's people like me who're clogging up the Earth's chi with negativity and slammed-shut chakras. Sorry 'bout that.

And hell yeah, Sanford and Son theme song bumper music! I need that for my ringtone.

onan

Quote from: Seraphim27 on June 15, 2014, 12:32:03 AM
Close, but no cigar on the ponytail/tunic prediction.

[attachimg=1]

Still slightly screams douche, though.

With extra points for saying, "That's a beautiful question, Rob."

Gosh. It's people like me who're clogging up the Earth's chi with negativity and slammed-shut chakras. Sorry 'bout that.

And hell yeah, Sanford and Son theme song bumper music! I need that for my ringtone.

oh he is screaming to get kicked in the balls.

yumyumtree

The Artist Formerly Known as The Artist Formerly Known as Prince. He's talented, but not exactly a go- to guy for matters scientific. And Roseanne Barr and Woody Harrrlson are notorious crackpots when it comes to anything scientific or political. I think she's a Truther.

WildCard

k, what i meant to say was

Am I the only one listening to this, or am I just the only one who thinks it's pretty good?
20 minutes later - that should have a question mark.
QuoteMaybe you should get one of those hats with a propeller on it.
"Rosanne Barr and Prince" There's two name's that spell credibility.

Do you guys remember when contrails never lasted more than a few seconds?
I don't have a follow up for that question. I don't know about any grand conspiracy.
All I know is, there was a time when contrails didn't hang around like they do now.
Do they use a different kind of fuel?

Quote from: onan on June 15, 2014, 08:46:19 AM
oh he is screaming to get kicked in the balls.
Quoted cause it makes me happy.

WildCard

Light Jazz for bumper music? This guy's a little light in the loafers.

Jeeze! Is this guest still here? If this doesn't stop, I'm gonna go to sleep just like a normal human-being.
This MFer is TRYING to put me to sleep! What's the agenda? What happens when I go to sleep?! Well, fool me twice, shouldn't of fooled me the first time! I'm NEVER goin to sleep!

Yeah, "there's so much data", it might bore you to death.

Wow. This is ALL fucked up.
Sewer-pipe time. Goodbye cruel world.

expat

Quote from: WildCard on August 02, 2014, 11:21:43 PM
All I know is, there was a time when contrails didn't hang around like they do now.
Do they use a different kind of fuel?

Nothing's changed, actually. Sometimes they're persistent, sometimes not so much. Sometimes -- no contrail at all. All a function of the temp/humidity.

What has changed is the accuracy of the flight paths, thanks to GPS. So plane B follows exactly the same path as plane A that preceded it -- by which time plane A's contrail has drifted sideways on the wind. Stripy patterns begin to build up in the sky.

WildCard

OMG, that show sucked! I can't believe I listened as long as I did.
Quote from: expat on August 03, 2014, 08:08:06 AM
Nothing's changed, actually. Sometimes they're persistent, sometimes not so much. Sometimes -- no contrail at all. All a function of the temp/humidity.

What has changed is the accuracy of the flight paths, thanks to GPS. So plane B follows exactly the same path as plane A that preceded it -- by which time plane A's contrail has drifted sideways on the wind. Stripy patterns begin to build up in the sky.
OK. Thanks for the reply.
But wasn't there a time when all contrails disappeared in seconds?
Are planes flying at lower altitudes than they used to? That would explain it.

ItsOver

"We often said that we created weather over Europe. They would persist for many hours, maybe days. " - Willard Reese- 457th Bomb Group

http://goodsky.homestead.com/files/deception5.html

Morgus

That caller with the Russian accent (Illya?) near the end of the show last night was interesting telling about Russia's secret experiments he was involved with in Ukraine.

WildCard

Quote from: ItsOver on August 03, 2014, 10:06:14 AM

"We often said that we created weather over Europe. They would persist for many hours, maybe days. " - Willard Reese- 457th Bomb Group

http://goodsky.homestead.com/files/deception5.html
Well shit. If this were a chess game, you've routed me except for my queen. (She has super-powers.)

I had it backwards? The higher a plane fly's, the longer lasting it's contrails?

Velocity would explain it. Slower planes emit slower dispersing contrails?

WildCard

Quote from: Morgus on August 03, 2014, 03:18:51 PM
That caller with the Russian accent (Illya?) near the end of the show last night was interesting telling about Russia's secret experiments he was involved with in Ukraine.
I wondered about that. Seemed like the last guest should of been the main guest.
Thanks. I'll listen to the last hour.

I've been watching the skies over my head since I was a kid in the 70s.  I was fascinated by planes and joined the armed forces to become a pilot and study aerospace engineering.  That didn't quite turn out but still, planes were something I paid attention to.

For me, the contrails look the same as they did back then.  Some persist, some dissipate, sometimes they just aren't there.  It really depends how close the relative humidity is to 100% at that particular layer, and perhaps its winds as well.  I admit I don't know much about climatology but I believe these atmospheric layers fluctuate wildly in thickness and elevation, as well as characteristics, from day to day. 

The big difference I notice is just that there are a lot more planes.  And I would expect with warming climates the atmosphere is absorbing more water, which perhaps has an affect on the type of contrails we see.  I would also note that jet engines today are more powerful with different characteristics (particularly higher bypass ratios), so that may have some influence.  For me though, they don't look any different.

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 02, 2014, 11:21:24 PM
The Artist Formerly Known as The Artist Formerly Known as Prince. He's talented, but not exactly a go- to guy for matters scientific. And Roseanne Barr and Woody Harrrlson are notorious crackpots when it comes to anything scientific or political. I think she's a Truther.

I missed this.  Is that truly where Coast is getting its analysis from these days?  Why anybody listens to Woody Harrelson is beyond me (I guess they like that he was an early proponent of legalized marijuana).  The boy just isn't that bright.

wr250

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 05, 2014, 12:52:00 PM
I missed this.  Is that truly where Coast is getting its analysis from these days?

and coast science adviser richard c hoagland ,coast medical advisor ty bollinger

ItsOver

Quote from: wr250 on August 05, 2014, 12:53:39 PM
and coast science adviser richard c hoagland ,coast medical advisor ty bollinger
And with Hoagie on what appears to be at least Snoory's "gray" list, C2C has gotten even whackier.  Has Jorch drafted Lady Shadowe to be his new science and witchcraft adviser yet?