• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Malachi Martin shows

Started by FallenSeraph, January 22, 2014, 09:03:03 PM

FallenSeraph

Hey, does anyone have any Malachi Martin shows (but not in torrent form) besides Art's first interview with him? He WAS on more than once, right? I have the first one and it had a profound effect on me. Would love to hear any other shows with him. I haven't checked YouTube yet — I was hoping someone had something they could upload and share.

Jackstar

I remember him being on at least three times, but of course it was a long time ago.

best of luck, keep an eye out for November 14, 1997!

eeieeyeoh

I heard the first Fr MM show live. Kept me rivited for last 4 hours of show if I remember correctly. It's memories of a different time though involving much different events in my life. I know there was at least 2 shows w/Art. Possibly more on youtube entering art bell in titlebar. Although claimed not meaningful to Art, pre-~mid 90's shows (before Premier buyout) I still listen to as sleep aid to remember old times and always wake refreshed in morning.

Sorry if my posting of above has shot both of our feet regarding query. I understood the nature of Premier since the first night since purchasing rights to Art's show. I don't know if they also have rights to shows broadcasted before that time. I was surprised back then how long he hung in there w/Premier to fulfil his contract. A real trooper during adversity.

Uncle Duke

One of the sites that reruns Art's old programs ran at least three of the Martin shows consecutively one day in the last month or so.  There was even a show where Martin and Ed Dames were on with Art at the same time.  After listening to those shows, I came to the conclusion Martin wasn't much more credible than many of the C2C guests.  Certainly his predictions were no more accurate than those of Dames and others of that ilk, and I found some less than stellar comments regarding his character on several websites.  There is no doubt, however, that Martin had been relieved of his priestly duties by the Vatican in the mid-60s and was not "Father" Martin during his interviews with Art.  Even if all the accusations concerning his character are/were false, it is disturbing he did not correct Art and his callers who were calling him "Father".

For those who enjoyed Martin's shtick, you might look for interviews with another former C2C guest,  Father Andrew Wingate.  Like Martin he made some eye-opening, if most inaccurate, predictions.   Also interesting to hear Wingate tap-dance around the question of his religious order. 

wr250

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 27, 2014, 03:38:52 AM
One of the sites that reruns Art's old programs ran at least three of the Martin shows consecutively one day in the last month or so.  There was even a show where Martin and Ed Dames were on with Art at the same time.  After listening to those shows, I came to the conclusion Martin wasn't much more credible than many of the C2C guests.  Certainly his predictions were no more accurate than those of Dames and others of that ilk, and I found some less than stellar comments regarding his character on several websites.  There is no doubt, however, that Martin had been relieved of his priestly duties by the Vatican in the mid-60s and was not "Father" Martin during his interviews with Art.  Even if all the accusations concerning his character are/were false, it is disturbing he did not correct Art and his callers who were calling him "Father".

For those who enjoyed Martin's shtick, you might look for interviews with another former C2C guest,  Father Andrew Wingate.  Like Martin he made some eye-opening, if most inaccurate, predictions.   Also interesting to hear Wingate tap-dance around the question of his religious order.

he was relieved of his Jesuit duties in 1965, but remained ordained until his death.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: wr250 on January 27, 2014, 07:24:11 AM
he was relieved of his Jesuit duties in 1965, but remained ordained until his death.

The Vatican referred to him as "Mr Martin" in response to questions relative to his status within the Church.  Wouldn't they have referred to him as "Father" or "Rev" if his ordination was still in force

wr250

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 27, 2014, 10:34:25 AM
The Vatican referred to him as "Mr Martin" in response to questions relative to his status within the Church.  Wouldn't they have referred to him as "Father" or "Rev" if his ordination was still in force

he was remained ordained ,but secular, meaning he could keep his status as a priest, but otherwise left alone by the church.he didn't serve the church as a priest , and relied upon his book sales and odd jobs to keep him busy. and apparently kept exercising   demons. pun intended.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: wr250 on January 27, 2014, 11:04:23 AM
he was remained ordained ,but secular, meaning he could keep his status as a priest, but otherwise left alone by the church.he didn't serve the church as a priest , and relied upon his book sales and odd jobs to keep him busy. and apparently kept exercising   demons. pun intended.

So he could still administer the Sacraments after being relieved of his priestly duties?  It is also unclear if he was relieved of his duties at his request or at the direction of the Church?

wr250

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 27, 2014, 11:30:48 AM
So he could still administer the Sacraments after being relieved of his priestly duties?  It is also unclear if he was relieved of his duties at his request or at the direction of the Church?
i have no idea on the Sacraments,and i think it was at his request, but i am not sure.

George Drooly

Could he still administer probings to little boys?

paladin1991

Quote from: George Drooly on January 28, 2014, 01:58:03 AM

Yes.  You may get in line.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: George Drooly on January 28, 2014, 01:58:03 AM

"Probings" is down the hall in "Alien Abductions", or the next building over in the "Whitley Strieber" thread under "Art Bell Guests".

imagine

Uncle Duke:  It is also unclear if he was relieved of his duties at his request or at the direction of the Church?

If I remember correctly the truth is that after serving in the Vatican as private secretary to Cardinal Bea and privy to disturbing and highly classified info he felt he could no longer serve and made the decision to leave.  (Wikipedia claims Father Martin remained an ordained but secular priest.  And in 1966 he moved to NYC where Cardinal Terrence Cooke gave him written permission to exercise his secular priestly faculties.)   His education included 3 Doctorates.  He also spoke numerous languages but not sure of the exact number. 

I have always had the impression that Father Martin, a Jesuit, was heartbroken, if not devastated, over the sensitive information he discovered regarding the church.  In interviews he claimed that one of his books, Windswept House, was true except for names and ending.  It appears the church did level a discrediting and disinformation campaign against him over the years including at least one book. 

Over time, whenever Martin's name comes up in the press all the nasty things said and written about him raise their ugly head once again.  So it is that many people who think little of Father Martin do so merely from lies they've been told or have read which were concocted for that very purpose.  Many hold such high regard for rank or station in life, that it is all but impossible for them to believe the truth if revealed.

At this level of deceit the few who actually knew the truth remain silent for their own good.  Father Martin has attempted to reveal the unknown truth (unknown to the masses) through his numerous books.

Father Martin lived in NYC until his death.  How he died remains a mystery with some and certainly not as ironclad as others would have us believe.

For those who may be interested in more information although an open mind may be helpful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/malachi_martin 

nbirnes

Quote from: imagine on January 29, 2014, 01:16:14 AM
Uncle Duke:  It is also unclear if he was relieved of his duties at his request or at the direction of the Church?

Father Martin lived in NYC until his death.  How he died remains a mystery with some and certainly not as ironclad as others would have us believe.

I can add some more info to this list, I think. One of our friends and a guest on Future Theater is author Joel Martin. He knew Father M pretty well, and talks about him very candidly. Very eye-opening. Those shows are on our archives, which I'm repairing as we speak.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: imagine on January 29, 2014, 01:16:14 AM

If I remember correctly the truth is that after serving in the Vatican as private secretary to Cardinal Bea and privy to disturbing and highly classified info he felt he could no longer serve and made the decision to leave.  (Wikipedia claims Father Martin remained an ordained but secular priest.  And in 1966 he moved to NYC where Cardinal Terrence Cooke gave him written permission to exercise his secular priestly faculties.)   His education included 3 Doctorates.  He also spoke numerous languages but not sure of the exact number. 

I have always had the impression that Father Martin, a Jesuit, was heartbroken, if not devastated, over the sensitive information he discovered regarding the church.  In interviews he claimed that one of his books, Windswept House, was true except for names and ending.  It appears the church did level a discrediting and disinformation campaign against him over the years including at least one book. 

Over time, whenever Martin's name comes up in the press all the nasty things said and written about him raise their ugly head once again.  So it is that many people who think little of Father Martin do so merely from lies they've been told or have read which were concocted for that very purpose.  Many hold such high regard for rank or station in life, that it is all but impossible for them to believe the truth if revealed.

At this level of deceit the few who actually knew the truth remain silent for their own good.  Father Martin has attempted to reveal the unknown truth (unknown to the masses) through his numerous books.

For those who may be interested in more information although an open mind may be helpful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/malachi_martin

Agree with you, anyone who is using Wikapedia as a primary source should be open-minded.

In the Roman Catholic Church, a "secular priest" is the same as a "diocesan priest".  Such priests ordinarily serve as parish priests as either pastor or associate.  I would think a priest relieved of his priestly duties would be unable to fill that role.  To be acknowledged as a priest, he must be able to administer the Sacraments.  Retired priests, for example, are still so empowered, as opposed to men who have left or were expelled from the priesthood.  As I said about Martin in an earlier post, I think it is noteworthy the Vatican referred to him as "Mr Martin" (vice Father or Rev Martin) in response to those who inquired as to his status in the church.  To me as practicing Catholic of over 50 years, that means he was no longer entitled to administer the Sacrements.  Do I know that for a fact?  No.

As for all the conspiracy theories concerning Martin, be they those that put him in a good or poor light, I take them with a grain of salt.  Certainly he benefited financially from the role of mystic he assumed, always advisable in such a situation to have an aura of mystery and controversy to sell books and get speaking engagements.  In the marketing world, there is no such thing as bad publicity.  I must admit, I'm confused by those who claim Martin was murdered.  What was the motive, and who would have committed the murder?  Besides, if someone or some authority wanted Martin dead, why just knock him down?  No guarentee such an act would kill even a man of his advanced years and poor state of health.  The man lived in NYC and did not wear priestly attire.  Much simplier to pay someone to mug and kill him in the process, create a "wrong place at the wrong time" scenario resulting in his death in a robbery gone wrong.

I always enjoyed Martin on whatever program or venue I heard him.  His predictions were similar to those like Andrew Wingate, Kathleen Keating, and other religious doom and gloomers who were hawking books, videos, and lectures.  It's also noteworthy his predictions have panned out no better than those folks either.  Bottom line, with the benefit of hindsight I see Martin as nothing more than a former priest who became essentially an entertainer.  Nothing wrong with that, I just wish he'd been more upfront about his actual status within the church post 1965 after being relieved of his priestly duties.  Simply saying he was a former, but no longer practicing, priest would not have taken away from the roles he fulfilled within the Church prior to leaving.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: nbirnes on January 29, 2014, 02:47:52 AM
I can add some more info to this list, I think. One of our friends and a guest on Future Theater is author Joel Martin. He knew Father M pretty well, and talks about him very candidly. Very eye-opening. Those shows are on our archives, which I'm repairing as we speak.

I would love to listen to those shows, Nancy! Can you please post a link when you fix the archives?

I like Father Malachi. I believe Art calls him Dr. Martin when he speaks to him â€" I don't recall hearing him call him Father when directly addressing him, although I could be mistaken. Next time I listen to one of those shows â€" thanks to a very awesome person here â€" I'll listen more carefully.

I was under the impression he asked to leave the Jesuits because he was disgusted with things he had learned and the way the church was going. I'm no expert though, just a fan.

imagine

QuoteUncle Duke:  "As I said about Martin in an earlier post, I think it is noteworthy the Vatican referred to him as "Mr Martin" (vice Father or Rev Martin) in response to those who inquired as to his status in the church.  To me as practicing Catholic of over 50 years, that means he was no longer entitled to administer the Sacrements (sic).  Do I know that for a fact?  No."

What would you expect from the church, of all places, otherwise?

Your comments appear to be presented as fact when they are nothing more than your own subjective opinions.  Which I have come to expect from a person whose background is rooted in the Catholic church itself.  Blind faith is just that...blind. 

Remember, you are free to believe whatever you choose for as long as you choose but know also that you may be believing in falsehoods.

I have no need to debate you on this topic therefore, this is my only response to you.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: imagine on January 29, 2014, 05:51:46 PM

What would you expect from the church, of all places, otherwise?

Your comments appear to be presented as fact when they are nothing more than your own subjective opinions.  Which I have come to expect from a person whose background is rooted in the Catholic church itself.  Blind faith is just that...blind. 

Remember, you are free to believe whatever you choose for as long as you choose but know also that you may be believing in falsehoods.

I have no need to debate you on this topic therefore, this is my only response to you.

*laughs*  I make a statement clearly indicating I don't know something as a fact, and you say I'm making that statement as if it's a fact?  You even quoted what I said.  I can see why you don't want to debate, you're not real good at it. 

bigchucka

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 29, 2014, 02:44:08 PM
I like Father Malachi. I believe Art calls him Dr. Martin when he speaks to him â€" I don't recall hearing him call him Father when directly addressing him, although I could be mistaken. Next time I listen to one of those shows â€" thanks to a very awesome person here â€" I'll listen more carefully.

I was under the impression he asked to leave the Jesuits because he was disgusted with things he had learned and the way the church was going. I'm no expert though, just a fan.

Art asked him once.  He said both were appropriate.  He left the church after "Vatican II" changed church doctrine.

ziznak

and this thread has given me my next torrent test sample... thank you! I havent heard the good father in so long.  I wish he was still here talking shit about the vatican

oh and off the top of my head he was on three shows at least.... and didnt he co guest with minor dames once?

Heather Wade

Let me look through my collection, I think I have 5 Malichi Martin shows.  Could upload them to dropbox or something for ya enjurrrrrmunnnt!

Don't know if everything he said was in truth or not, I don't trust Catholics, but in a friendly way, of course.  Just loved the sound of his voice, soothing.  And exorcisms, who doesn't love a good exorcism story before bed?   :D

albrecht

I have some but they always seem to be incomplete shows and I didn't know there were 8 Malachi Martin shows. Yes, please, someone post them somewhere! ps: I'm relistening to the Kathleen Keating show and Art does call him "Father Martin" in his conversation with her. As I recall he wanted a dispensation or out of his original chores/duties with the Church post Vatican-II.

nbirnes

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 29, 2014, 02:44:08 PM
I would love to listen to those shows, Nancy! Can you please post a link when you fix the archives?

I am having a heck of a time fixing my site. Every time I find a broken link, a hundred more pop up. I've got 180+ messes to fix. I'm pretending it's a Zen meditation thing, one grain of sand at a time.

Meanwhile, I cheated and got these two ready just for you:

http://www.futuretheater.com/archives/2010/0510/7future5810.html

http://www.futuretheater.com/archives/2013/1213/177future122113.html

And I tested them and everything. The first one was our seventh show; the second one is our 177th. I should add that Bill and Joel are co-writers and friends, so this is a more friendly chat about stuff in their books.

The rest of the site remains a shabby wreck, sort of like the house in The Money Pit. So beware of holes and things.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: nbirnes on January 31, 2014, 03:39:41 AM
I am having a heck of a time fixing my site. Every time I find a broken link, a hundred more pop up. I've got 180+ messes to fix. I'm pretending it's a Zen meditation thing, one grain of sand at a time.

Thank you!

albrecht

Quote from: nbirnes on January 31, 2014, 03:39:41 AM

And I tested them and everything. The first one was our seventh show; the second one is our 177th. I should add that Bill and Joel are co-writers and friends, so this is a more friendly chat about stuff in their books.

The rest of the site remains a shabby wreck, sort of like the house in The Money Pit. So beware of holes and things.

Thanks! Listened to those shows and was impressed. I look forward to more and also look forward to the Malachi Martin book (hopefully out soon?) Regardless of whether one believes Malachi Martin or not he is a fascinating individual with an amazing history and mystery.

nbirnes

Quote from: albrecht on January 31, 2014, 12:47:08 PM
Thanks! Listened to those shows and was impressed. I look forward to more and also look forward to the Malachi Martin book (hopefully out soon?) Regardless of whether one believes Malachi Martin or not he is a fascinating individual with an amazing history and mystery.

I have added a really interesting little 3-page article that we ran in the old UFO Mag a couple of years ago. It's written by a spy-guy we have met with on a few occasions.

It's linked up on the page above the show:

FallenSeraph

Quote from: nbirnes on January 31, 2014, 03:32:01 PM
I have added a really interesting little 3-page article that we ran in the old UFO Mag a couple of years ago. It's written by a spy-guy we have met with on a few occasions.

It's linked up on the page above the show:

Woo! That article gave me the chills. Thank you for posting!

bigchucka

Quote from: albrecht on January 30, 2014, 05:34:34 PM
I have some but they always seem to be incomplete shows and I didn't know there were 8 Malachi Martin shows. Yes, please, someone post them somewhere! ps: I'm relistening to the Kathleen Keating show and Art does call him "Father Martin" in his conversation with her. As I recall he wanted a dispensation or out of his original chores/duties with the Church post Vatican-II.

The ones I have are incomplete also.  Also may be repeats or fucked up dates.  The dates I have are 10/18/96, 11/15/96, 12/13/96, 3/3/97, 4/4/97, 7/11/97, 12/3/97, 5/4/98

albrecht

I noticed on IMDB that apparently there is a movie or documentary coming out soon about Malachi Martin. The listing is very sparse on details. I also can't find the book on him mentioned in the "futuretheater" broadcast (very interesting show by the way). When is that book coming out? Is it for sale on Amazon?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2652948/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_1

Has anyone seen this movie or know where one can find it?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1895451/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_2
Lastly, what has happened to Kathleen Keating? She seems to have dropped off the map, radio world, and internet??