• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

3OctaveFart

Jazmunda-

Will he only do the show if callers are flushed at his command? What a big baby.

FallenSeraph

The next time you guys have a Falkie podcast, I really wish I could call him and talk to him about Patreon. I know I'm the "broken Patreon record" of this thread, but damn, if you go to the website and browse the creators, you can see how much they're each making a month in donations. Even the less popular ones are at least making about $60 to $150, which would be a veritable fortune to Falkie.

Knowing him, he'd get outraged that people would only opt for the $1 to $2 a month donation tier, but that's the point: you crowdsource small donations from a mass number of people and - SHAZAM! - you get a hefty chunk of money in your PayPal account each month.

Nobody says "donate to me on PayPal" anymore. They say "Support me over on Patreon." The PayPal donations plea makes him sound like a dottering old man.

Of course, most Patreon creators give their supporters "rewards" -- like videos just for them, stickers, chat sessions, content requests, etc. (I'm waiting for my Ted Bundy shot glass from the Sword & Scale podcast dude right now, for example; and the ASMR YouTube guy I support is going to make a video with the whispered dirty words of my choice.) So George would have to do a little extra work to keep his Patreon supporters happy.

He'd also have to learn to pronounce it correctly: It's PAY-tree-on, as in, these are your patrons so DO IT and you'll get paid.

Yeah, this is long but maybe he'll read it. Or because it's long, maybe he won't. *shrug*

WOTR

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on February 28, 2017, 11:43:27 PM
...Like George, he has good orator skills.  He seems to work hard at his craft.  Impressive success, really.
Certainly you only meant to  compare the two on their "orator skills" and not the part about working hard and impressive success?   ???

WOTR

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 01, 2017, 05:19:50 PM

You and Muddy need not worry, I will still listen, and I promise, I won't make things worse for you by calling in again.
What kind of dedication is that?  If you want to demonstrate to the rotund one that his fan base and fans are on sewergab then you should show a modicum of dedication and call in each show just to let him know that you are listening.  He may not take the call, but it will eventually sink in that it is people from sewergab giving him the views and the support.

Norm

Senda stated his internet is going up to $94 a month. Since he receives SSI he is fully qualified to apply and receive deeply discounted high speed internet from AT&T for $10 a month. It's a new service offered from AT&T similar to free obama phones. But George has to apply for it first and that he can do online in 5 minutes. Beats the hell out of paying $94 a month and he doesn't have to beg for donations.

jazmunda

Quote from: Meatie Pie on March 02, 2017, 12:01:26 AM
Jazmunda-

Will he only do the show if callers are flushed at his command? What a big baby.

One of the stipulations to agreeing to take calls was to have control over the dump button. According to George he had a similar agreement with the evil MV for the now defunct Falkie2013 hosted GabCasts (who can forget the 20 minutes of baby Falkie).

Say what you will but without that clause there would be no show. We had 96 attempted calls. In all the podcasts I've been associated with (most resting peacefully in podcast hell) I've never experienced anywhere near that volume of calls. Noory's loss is our gain.

JustSayAhhhh

Quote from: Norm on March 02, 2017, 02:12:09 AM
Senda stated his internet is going up to $94 a month. Since he receives SSI he is fully qualified to apply and receive deeply discounted high speed internet from AT&T for $10 a month. It's a new service offered from AT&T similar to free obama phones. But George has to apply for it first and that he can do online in 5 minutes. Beats the hell out of paying $94 a month and he doesn't have to beg for donations.

he can show a bill for his internet service before he gets a dime..  I bet he pays less than 55.00 right now and is NOT gonna be going up to 94.
theres no reason he can't hold his bill up to the camera. NONE.
unless of coarse, he's full of shit.

Quote from: WOTR on March 02, 2017, 01:29:26 AM
Certainly you only meant to  compare the two on their "orator skills" and not the part about working hard and impressive success?   ???

Certainly.  Sheeet bro, some things, especially on the Falkie thread, go without saying.  Did you lose your manual?   ;)

Quote from: JustSayAhhhh on March 02, 2017, 04:58:01 AM
he can show a bill for his internet service before he gets a dime..  I bet he pays less than 55.00 right now and is NOT gonna be going up to 94.
theres no reason he can't hold his bill up to the camera. NONE.
unless of coarse, he's full of shit.

$94 covers his internet and his phone.  That's about right.  I pay about the same.  If he has an iphone, he could discontinue his landline and cut that bill in half. 

Quote from: Seraphim27 on March 02, 2017, 12:39:56 AM
The next time you guys have a Falkie podcast, I really wish I could call him and talk to him about Patreon. I know I'm the "broken Patreon record" of this thread, but damn, if you go to the website and browse the creators, you can see how much they're each making a month in donations. Even the less popular ones are at least making about $60 to $150, which would be a veritable fortune to Falkie.

Knowing him, he'd get outraged that people would only opt for the $1 to $2 a month donation tier, but that's the point: you crowdsource small donations from a mass number of people and - SHAZAM! - you get a hefty chunk of money in your PayPal account each month.

Nobody says "donate to me on PayPal" anymore. They say "Support me over on Patreon." The PayPal donations plea makes him sound like a dottering old man.

Of course, most Patreon creators give their supporters "rewards" -- like videos just for them, stickers, chat sessions, content requests, etc. (I'm waiting for my Ted Bundy shot glass from the Sword & Scale podcast dude right now, for example; and the ASMR YouTube guy I support is going to make a video with the whispered dirty words of my choice.) So George would have to do a little extra work to keep his Patreon supporters happy.

He'd also have to learn to pronounce it correctly: It's PAY-tree-on, as in, these are your patrons so DO IT and you'll get paid.

Yeah, this is long but maybe he'll read it. Or because it's long, maybe he won't. *shrug*

I still see some using Paypal to raise small amounts for equipment and the like, although, as you say, more and more are using Patreon.  I personally despise Paypal/eBay..the shit they pulled....

My advice to George has been to just focus on content.  Consistent, good content. 

The problem I am having getting through to George is his unrealistic expectations.  He keeps making comments about 629 subscribers kicking in a buck or two.  I responded:

"George, glad you got the show uploaded to your channel.  Yes, it would be nice if 629 subscribers threw in a buck but no one coverts 100 percent of their listenership.  Keep in mind that quite a few of those 629 are the people of Bellgab, including Haterz and trollz.  Once you get consistent  with your shows and your material, you should take Erin's advice and start a Patreon account.  I would gladly kick in a couple bucks and she said she would likely do the same.  That's at least two of us and really does go with the formula that most established Youtube/Patreon users convert 3 to 4 subscribers to paying/donating subscribers out of a thousand. I have noticed that the ones who have a better conversion ratio are the ones who really work the comment section, produce videos which encourage subscriber input, and are the ones who grow a solid group of base supporters (example, get onto a first name basis with them), and also offer good incentives for Patreon participation.  They also network with other Youtube channels as well."

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on March 02, 2017, 05:55:17 AM
I still see some using Paypal to raise small amounts for equipment and the like, although, as you say, more and more are using Patreon.  I personally despise Paypal/eBay..the shit they pulled....

My advice to George has been to just focus on content.  Consistent, good content. 

The problem I am having getting through to George is his unrealistic expectations.  He keeps making comments about 629 subscribers kicking in a buck or two.  I responded:

"George, glad you got the show uploaded to your channel.  Yes, it would be nice if 629 subscribers threw in a buck but no one coverts 100 percent of their listenership.  Keep in mind that quite a few of those 629 are the people of Bellgab, including Haterz and trollz.  Once you get consistent  with your shows and your material, you should take Erin's advice and start a Patreon account.  I would gladly kick in a couple bucks and she said she would likely do the same.  That's at least two of us and really does go with the formula that most established Youtube/Patreon users convert 3 to 4 subscribers to paying/donating subscribers out of a thousand. I have noticed that the ones who have a better conversion ratio are the ones who really work the comment section, produce videos which encourage subscriber input, and are the ones who grow a solid group of base supporters (example, get onto a first name basis with them), and also offer good incentives for Patreon participation.  They also network with other Youtube channels as well."

Senda would be all the better for a good solid couple of months of grinding poverty and near-starvation. He'd learn the value of money and he'd also lose some goddam weight. I'm amazed he hasn't stroked out already but it can't be far off now if he doesn't attend to his diet. All you suckers who give him money are becoming mother substitutes, and he has about as much respect for you as he did for her. You know his response to all this advice you are giving him - it will be one excuse after another, and unless you are prepared to do all the work for him then nothing will happen. All the things you are describing involve work and effort, dirty words in the Senda lexicon. This is all sensible advice for a normal human being, but we're talking about a mulish piece of shit who always wants something for nothing. Fuck him. In the arse. With a giant black dildo. Coated with honey and fire ants.

MAX

STFU and mind your own business Hater. Have you produced 1000's of high quality video's ? I thought not.... How dare you !

The steps to making a living on YouTube are hard but the steps to making a few bucks are easy.

1) Post a video every day. People will get used to looking for the videos. His sporadic postings of several videos will not work. He can easily make timeless videos that are reviews of the books he owns. He can stock pile those videos for his sick days so content can still be posted.

2) Leave all the comments and once in a while read the good ones in a video, mention that he has a PO box and ask people to send him post cards and letters but do not ask for donations. Read them "on the air" but never ask for money or donations. That just turns people off but soon money and donations will just show up.

3) Set up a Patreon but just put a link in the description, if he needs to mention it just do it once. It will be found.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: jaz on March 01, 2017, 05:35:30 PM
Antagonistic calls are going to result in no show at all. Is that what you want?

Is it antagonistic to politely ask why he killed his father, an ex-girlfriend, and is obsessed with the size of his mother's boobs?

I'll take my answer off the air.

Lilith

Quote from: WOTR on March 02, 2017, 01:41:44 AM
What kind of dedication is that?  If you want to demonstrate to the rotund one that his fan base and fans are on sewergab then you should show a modicum of dedication and call in each show just to let him know that you are listening.  He may not take the call, but it will eventually sink in that it is people from sewergab giving him the views and the support.

I agree.  I will try to call in, and I will be myself.  If I get through, and he yells, and muddy and jaz hang up on me, so be it.

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 02, 2017, 06:39:43 AM
Is it antagonistic to politely ask why he killed his father, an ex-girlfriend, and is obsessed with the size of his mother's boobs?

That's a fine example SV. I think I will try and use that method.  Ask ones' question quickly before Senda has time to think, and take your answer of the air.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 02, 2017, 07:03:49 AM
That's a fine example SV. I think I will try and use that method.  Ask ones' question quickly before Senda has time to think, and take your answer of the air.

I hope to call in myself next time, if I can stay awake. I can  think of a couple of things that could rattle the cage of the old bastard. As long as those two quislings don't step in and ruin it.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 02, 2017, 06:32:02 AM
Senda would be all the better for a good solid couple of months of grinding poverty and near-starvation. He'd learn the value of money and he'd also lose some goddam weight. I'm amazed he hasn't stroked out already but it can't be far off now if he doesn't attend to his diet. All you suckers who give him money are becoming mother substitutes, and he has about as much respect for you as he did for her. You know his response to all this advice you are giving him - it will be one excuse after another, and unless you are prepared to do all the work for him then nothing will happen. All the things you are describing involve work and effort, dirty words in the Senda lexicon. This is all sensible advice for a normal human being, but we're talking about a mulish piece of shit who always wants something for nothing. Fuck him. In the arse. With a giant black dildo. Coated with honey and fire ants.

Haha.  True words but you also said you didn't have a problem with a guy asking for a few bucks for his body of work if he is putting forth a true effort.  I gave him money once, I'll not do it again unless he shows he is truly trying to put forth the effort.  Until that day comes, I will remain skeptically optimistic.

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 02, 2017, 07:14:18 AM
I hope to call in myself next time, if I can stay awake. I can  think of a couple of things that could rattle the cage of the old bastard. As long as those two quislings don't step in and ruin it.

I'll be listening for you SV!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on March 02, 2017, 07:57:23 AM

Haha.  True words but you also said you didn't have a problem with a guy asking for a few bucks for his body of work if he is putting forth a true effort.  I gave him money once, I'll not do it again unless he shows he is truly trying to put forth the effort.  Until that day comes, I will remain skeptically optimistic.

If he changes the habit of a lifetime and actually puts his back into doing something that people enjoy then he's entitled to whatever people want to give him. But if he piggy-backs off the efforts of other people and uses it to parley it into another scam then I hope he trips over his gut and breaks his neck.

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on March 02, 2017, 06:35:23 AM
The steps to making a living on YouTube are hard but the steps to making a few bucks are easy.

1) Post a video every day. People will get used to looking for the videos. His sporadic postings of several videos will not work. He can easily make timeless videos that are reviews of the books he owns. He can stock pile those videos for his sick days so content can still be posted.

2) Leave all the comments and once in a while read the good ones in a video, mention that he has a PO box and ask people to send him post cards and letters but do not ask for donations. Read them "on the air" but never ask for money or donations. That just turns people off but soon money and donations will just show up.

3) Set up a Patreon but just put a link in the description, if he needs to mention it just do it once. It will be found.

1) Post a video every day.   Consistency.   I might add making it a good quality video, edit the fucking thing, take pride in your work a little bit.  Christ, how many vids started out OK, then the sound went out or we got twenty minutes of looking at carpet floor patterns? 

2) Leave all the comments and once in a while read the good ones in a video.  Be honest.  Quit scrubbing the comment section.  The wisest words of the show the other night were King's when he said you had to have some antagonists to make the show interesting.  Endear yourself to your listeners...you can do this by listening to THEM.  This is going to be tough for George.  George likes to talk about George, and George's experiences.  When that poor girl called in about her ghostly cat, Falk didn't even give her sympathy, he didn't ask her many questions, he just launched into his own cat situation.  He needs a little work on his social skills. I like your ideas about postcards Riley.

3)  Set up a Patreon.  He has an account, he just doesn't know how to finalize it.  Click on the fucking HELP button or call them.  I'm sure they will be more than happy to walk him through it. 

I tried to give advice about not asking for money straight away, told him to mention he was trying to raise a few buck for a piece of equipment or something.  What did he do?  Asked for $94/mo to pay for his internet bill.  That wasn't a good move. 

Old dog.  New tricks?  Probably not, but what the hell, give it a shot.     

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 02, 2017, 06:39:43 AM

Those are some good questions.  I'd like to know if he got any lunch money from the Duke after he drove him back to his hotel.  Did the Chairman of the Board share one of his buxom beauties with Falkie?  I always heard he was generous, almost to a fault. 

Senda's rise to superstardom for 2017 is in doubt after enduring constant attacks by the cabal and Callan's Legion.

Quote from: weareharbinger on March 02, 2017, 08:22:42 AM

Senda's rise to superstardom for 2017 is in doubt after enduring constant attacks by the cabal and Callan's Legion.

When you have to deal with a Circle of Rust, a Network of deceit, a Legion of someone's beloved fans, a Cabal, and a variety of your run-of-the-mill Haterz and Trollz, you are truly up against it.  It would be a bitch of an uphill journey for any man. 

Lilith

Quote from: weareharbinger on March 02, 2017, 08:22:42 AM

Classic George, with a touch of reality creeping in. Next, he just has to realize that if he came upon a ton of money, and bought his own radio station, Sewergabbers would still be his primary listeners.

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 02, 2017, 08:30:01 AM
Classic George, with a touch of reality creeping in. Next, he just has to realize that if he came upon a ton of money, and bought his own radio station, Sewergabbers would still be his primary listeners.

My dearest Brig,

Never in a millon Gajillon years would I have ever thought of saying this to you.  It hurts me deeply to say it but it is for your own good.  STFU.  George has made it perfectly clear in almost all of his "Win the Lottery" plans to give MV and offer he couldn't refuse for the pink slip of this vehicle known as Bellgab, so he can have the satisfaction of throwing all our asses out.  That's a lot of asses hitting the pavement..then where are we going to go?  Bellgab 2? ;)

Lilith

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on March 02, 2017, 08:35:43 AM
My dearest Brig,

Never in a millon Gajillon years would I have ever thought of saying this to you.  It hurts me deeply to say it but it is for your own good.  STFU.  George has made it perfectly clear in almost all of his "Win the Lottery" plans to give MV and offer he couldn't refuse for the pink slip of this vehicle known as Bellgab, so he can have the satisfaction of throwing all our asses out.  That's a lot of asses hitting the pavement..then where are we going to go?  Bellgab 2? ;)

alrite, I'll try.  :-*

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on March 02, 2017, 08:14:44 AM
1) Post a video every day.   Consistency.   I might add making it a good quality video, edit the fucking thing, take pride in your work a little bit.  Christ, how many vids started out OK, then the sound went out or we got twenty minutes of looking at carpet floor patterns? 

2) Leave all the comments and once in a while read the good ones in a video.  Be honest.  Quit scrubbing the comment section.  The wisest words of the show the other night were King's when he said you had to have some antagonists to make the show interesting.  Endear yourself to your listeners...you can do this by listening to THEM.  This is going to be tough for George.  George likes to talk about George, and George's experiences.  When that poor girl called in about her ghostly cat, Falk didn't even give her sympathy, he didn't ask her many questions, he just launched into his own cat situation.  He needs a little work on his social skills. I like your ideas about postcards Riley.

3)  Set up a Patreon.  He has an account, he just doesn't know how to finalize it.  Click on the fucking HELP button or call them.  I'm sure they will be more than happy to walk him through it. 

I tried to give advice about not asking for money straight away, told him to mention he was trying to raise a few buck for a piece of equipment or something.  What did he do?  Asked for $94/mo to pay for his internet bill.  That wasn't a good move. 

Old dog.  New tricks?  Probably not, but what the hell, give it a shot.   

I think the editing of videos is too much for him. I tried to keep it simple and I avoided mentioning Callan because it is a trigger word. Callan edits very little but he makes short videos that are focused. And he puts out at least one a day. Some are old because they were done to air when he was away.
George could easily review a bunch of Dummy books and post one a day for a month and toss out a few Trump or whatever vids that he wants to do.

The postcards was an idea I got from TimTracker. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoocMG5lMACNKgpvqKay2lg It is a couple that do vlogs and visit theme parks and they asked viewers to send post cards from their vacations.
Of course whatever they get, be it a post card, a kids drawing or a box of highly collectable Disney memorabilia they express pure joy and gratitude. Falkie could not do that. Seeing that gratitude encourages others to send things as well. In fact I just sent out 2 boxes of sodas and hard sodas to Jason this week because I like seeing his reactions.

And speaking of Jason, he could really gain a lot with just two things. A PO box and a Patrion account. If he listed both of those in his descriptions he would get a decent amount of cash and goods. Of course some will be weird like dildos and shit but that happens.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 01, 2017, 06:58:59 AM
March 3rd is soooooo  close now.   Does Douche have his Tux ready for the premiere?

"This Is Designed To Make Me Money - The Falkie Tapes" update for March 2nd

By the request of Fifi and The Fifi Endowment Fund the premiere of The Falkie Tapes has been delayed a few weeks in order to include recently discovered information. We all feel the inclusion of this information is germane to the story and support the decision to delay the project.

Your pal,
Douche!
(pronounced doooosh!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOTONGjMu1Q

Lilith

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on March 02, 2017, 09:41:52 AM
I think the editing of videos is too much for him. I tried to keep it simple and I avoided mentioning Callan because it is a trigger word. Callan edits very little but he makes short videos that are focused. And he puts out at least one a day. Some are old because they were done to air when he was away.
George could easily review a bunch of Dummy books and post one a day for a month and toss out a few Trump or whatever vids that he wants to do.

The postcards was an idea I got from TimTracker. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoocMG5lMACNKgpvqKay2lg It is a couple that do vlogs and visit theme parks and they asked viewers to send post cards from their vacations.
Of course whatever they get, be it a post card, a kids drawing or a box of highly collectable Disney memorabilia they express pure joy and gratitude. Falkie could not do that. Seeing that gratitude encourages others to send things as well. In fact I just sent out 2 boxes of sodas and hard sodas to Jason this week because I like seeing his reactions.

And speaking of Jason, he could really gain a lot with just two things. A PO box and a Patrion account. If he listed both of those in his descriptions he would get a decent amount of cash and goods. Of course some will be weird like dildos and shit but that happens.

What a coincidence!  I was out walking yesterday after lunch, stopped in a second hand store and saw this book and simply had to buy it.  I thought of George IMMEDIATELY, and needed it to add to my Senda Shrine!  It's from 1996, but maybe it's just so outdated that George could make use of it.