• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

analog kid

Quote from: High Strangeness on February 26, 2012, 03:45:40 PM
Turn it up... listen all night...

another baritone crooner for the (relatively) modern age

DEAD CAN DANCE - BLACK SUN

Ben Shockley

Quote from: High Strangeness on February 26, 2012, 03:45:40 PM
Turn it up... listen all night...

The Doors - End of the Night
Absolutely essential, unforgettable album.
I bought it at age 16 and it both reflected and colored my moody, intense last year+ of high school.

--you know; until I went in the Army and had all the youthful passionate freedom sucked out of me.   Temporarily.

b_dubb

Today is 3 / 1 / 12. I'm sure somewhere a numerologist is convinced this is important. Somehow.

Considered posting this in Things That Annoy You. Posted here because of the random and the stupid. Mostly because of the stupid.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on March 01, 2012, 03:46:30 PM
Today is 3 / 1 / 12. I'm sure somewhere a numerologist is convinced this is important. Somehow.

Considered posting this in Things That Annoy You. Posted here because of the random and the stupid. Mostly because of the stupid.

Sounds like a random decision on your part.

Frys Girl

Rush limbaugh looks like Biff from Back to the Future II. Haha.

MV/Liberace!

just wanted to say again for those who are new around here... install dropbox.  it allows you to share files easily between multiple computers anywhere in the world.  if you sign up using this link, you'll get 250MB of free storage space and so will i.  you must actually install the application and sign in for us to get the storage credit.  thanks in advance.

b_dubb

my new favorite thing to do is walk down to the soccer fields in my neighbor at night.  they're fenced in and i can let my dog run around off leash.  the best part is that i listen to the Fine Art Stream while i'm there on my iPhone.  the off the wall paranormal nonsense makes it extra fun at night.  there's no lighting in the field.  just the moon.  if there are no clouds

analog kid

Quote from: b_dubb on March 06, 2012, 07:19:06 PM
my new favorite thing to do is walk down to the soccer fields in my neighbor at night.  they're fenced in and i can let my dog run around off leash.  the best part is that i listen to the Fine Art Stream while i'm there on my iPhone.  the off the wall paranormal nonsense makes it extra fun at night.  there's no lighting in the field.  just the moon.  if there are no clouds

That does sound awesome, and I'm sure the dog is loving it. You need to tote a reclining lawn chair out there and maybe a beer. Good times.

b_dubb

Quote from: analog kid on March 06, 2012, 08:07:37 PM
That does sound awesome, and I'm sure the dog is loving it. You need to tote a reclining lawn chair out there and maybe a beer. Good times.
i like the way you think.  you forgot the cooler full of beer btw. i try not to get too comfortable out there because there is a sign that says "No Dogs Allowed".  me being the tax paying resident that i am i want people to think i give a shit about these things.  particularly the police. 

i would normally take her to the dog park but that place is so filthy i'd just as soon take her to a bio lab and have the tech give her plague

analog kid

Ah, dammit. You must not be the first dog owner to visit the place.

BobGrau

I was out back for a smoke earlier, and I went to look at the pond. I met a guilty-looking cat, and a fish lieing on the ground, gasping and bleeding. I put it back in but it didn't move much. Ah well.
But I just went out to check again, and it's swimming around wriggling it's tail quite happily. This pleases me.

b_dubb

And that's why smoking is good for the environment

b_dubb

Listening to Fine Art stream EVP episode while on a nocturnal visit to the soccer fields. I think it's creeping m dog out more than me. She's downright jumpy

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on March 08, 2012, 08:07:03 PM
Listening to Fine Art stream EVP episode while on a nocturnal visit to the soccer fields. I think it's creeping m dog out more than me. She's downright jumpy
Tonight I heard birdsong at around 1am. This is not normal. Sumpthins goin on.

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on March 08, 2012, 08:07:03 PM
Dude! It's thuh solar flares.

BobGrau

Pond Update:

I just watched a frog literally HUMP A FISH TO DEATH. They seriously do that.

Frys Girl

I miss the old days :( Not old old, just 80s to early 90s. Things are kinda shitty these days.

b_dubb

Some things are shitty however I think that overall things are pretty awesome. I can answer almost any question by pulling out my phone and doing a search or just go Wikipedia

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on March 10, 2012, 01:50:48 PM
Some things are shitty however I think that overall things are pretty awesome. I can answer almost any question by pulling out my phone and doing a search or just go Wikipedia
Yet.... Society is dumber. I miss simpler times.

b_dubb

I think the media makes things look worse than it really is

Bill Hicks - 'CNN'

band-aids smell like carrots to me. and vice versa.

also, why do the left always call someone a racist if they don't agree with them? (genuinely asking - it seems pathological.)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: 999 on March 10, 2012, 11:40:40 PM

also, why do the left always call someone a racist if they don't agree with them? (genuinely asking - it seems pathological.)
I think it's racist to even raise the question. How dare you, Adolf!

Serious answer. Because that allegation is generally a move to distract or end a debate. The "racist" now feels an overwhelming need to prove they aren't a racist. Most people would rather be called  necrophiliac child molester than a racist. It's silly.

The best remonstration to "you're a racist" is the sweet and simple "no, you are". It's worthy of the opponent.

We'll I have to say that the age we're is pretty excruciating if you're old enough to remember when people could disagree and not be demonized & it wasn't the end of the fucking world if one of you was on the left and one of you on the right.

b_dubb

Quote from: 999 on March 10, 2012, 11:40:40 PMalso, why do the left always call someone a racist if they don't agree with them? (genuinely asking - it seems pathological.)
always?  ALWAYS?  i have heard THE LEFT refer to the occasional  Tea Party'er as a racist.  i think it has something to do with their being racist. aside from that i can't really recall a case where THE LEFT had the audacity to call someone a racist

hugs,

b_dubb the snarky liberal

ps - you're a racist

Sorry I should have written OFTEN...I'm tired. I've read posters here calling people racist, been called one because I want secure borders. (I'm married to a Mexican & went to a HBCU LOL.)

(I'm a lefty libertarian primarily.)

It just seems like I've been encountering an upswing of this lately & I'm relatively isolated. Must be the Primaries. Meh.

McPhallus

I was googling tonight, and apparently there are people who think Bill Hicks and Alex Jones are the same person (Hicks became Jones after faking his death).  I don't know much about either of them, but talk about random, stupid things.

Quote from: b_dubb on March 10, 2012, 08:52:50 PM
I think the media makes things look worse than it really is

Bill Hicks - 'CNN'

b_dubb

Quote from: McPhallus on March 11, 2012, 12:21:17 AM
I was googling tonight, and apparently there are people who think Bill Hicks and Alex Jones are the same person (Hicks became Jones after faking his death).  I don't know much about either of them, but talk about random, stupid things.
bill should come back and go poltergeist on anyone who floats shit like this. on his finest day jones isn't even a shadow of hicks. 

there appears to be no limit to some people's stupidity