• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Blaming NRA over killings shows no amount of laws enough for anti-gunners

Started by Quick Karl, May 25, 2014, 06:03:05 PM

onan

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 26, 2014, 11:22:09 AM
Your highness, Onan. Are you gay? If so, I am sorry if my words have cut you. Would you like a cookie and a warm glass of milk?

It is true, I am better than you. Although your afternoon treat is yummy, I will pass.

And yeah you are sorry.

Quick Karl

Quote from: onan on May 26, 2014, 11:29:54 AM
It is true, I am better than you. Although your afternoon treat is yummy, I will pass.

And yeah you are sorry.

I am glad the hear that, your majesty. Hopefully, you will sleep better now?

onan

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 26, 2014, 11:55:59 AM
I am glad the hear that, your majesty. Hopefully, you will sleep better now?

Thanks, I know you care.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 26, 2014, 11:22:09 AM
Your highness, Onan. Are you gay? If so, I am sorry if my words have cut you. Would you like a cookie and a warm glass of milk?

You're the disconnected asshole that just keeps giving...last week it was American Spring, this week it's this:

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 25, 2014, 10:23:12 PM
No mental case should EVER be allowed to possess a gun, period.

Oh what's that? But you don't want to know who they are?

Now, whom do you propose SHOULD be the arbiter of just who is, or who isn't, a mental case -- a political opponent, for instance? A panel of anti-gun-liberal-democrat-academic-psychology-experiments-gone-awry?

onan

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 26, 2014, 02:33:11 PM
Your happiness and feeling of superiority is my only concern.

are my only concerns... get your sarcasm right.

Quick Karl

Quote from: onan on May 26, 2014, 04:44:34 PM
are my only concerns... get your sarcasm right.

It wasn't "sarcasm"... it was derision -- grammatical errors are for pussies.

VtaGeezer

The NRA of Wayne La Pierre bears little resemblance to it's honorable era; i.e, before that creep first darkened the door of NRA Hq.

Quick Karl

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 26, 2014, 05:48:31 PM
The NRA of Wayne La Pierre bears little resemblance to it's honorable era; i.e, before that creep first darkened the door of NRA Hq.

The NRA is no different than the democrat or republican party -- it sells bullshit to idiots that believe it, to protect its rich friends. Attacking the NRA for what it does, is like believing that Peter Pan is real.

The Constitution, AND Bill of Rights, are, in fact, real, and they meant what they said, for 200-years prior to mental cases endeavoring to revise their meanings to suit their whims and lust for dominance.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 26, 2014, 05:56:59 PM
The Constitution, AND Bill of Rights, are, in fact, real, and they meant what they said, for 200-years prior to mental cases endeavoring to revise their meanings to suit their whims and lust for dominance.
For 235 years the 2nd Amendment meant rational gun laws across America that suited the times.  Every state had gun laws, concealment laws, self defense standards, even local bans.  This was accepted as reasonable and wise...until La Pierre, his zealots, and his bags of gun industry money showed up.  The NRA has become a malignancy.

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 26, 2014, 05:56:59 PM

it's almost like things are different now than they were hundreds of years ago and need to be addressed!

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on May 26, 2014, 06:30:57 PM
it's almost like things are different now than they were hundreds of years ago and need to be addressed!

Are your rights any different than they were? If so, how? If you want to revise the Constitution or Bill of Rights, go ahead and try - have a Constitutional Convention, and see where it gets you.

The Founders, like everyone on this forum, may have been less than perfect, but they were also, conversely, very wise - I mean, if they were REALLY racists, do you think they would have let slip through the Constitutional Basis that actual led to the abolishment of African Slavery? They said "ALL MEN" were created equal, not just "WHITE MEN". Unlike idiots of today that can think only about 10-seconds into the future, I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

Just like the Civil Rights Act, passed by REPUBLICANS, Southern Democrats opposed it VEHEMENTLY, but the wise pitch their battles when victory is in their favor. They had to wait until they could overcome the entrenched democrat racists, as the Founders had to do, to get people of that despicable mindset, to buy-in to the Founding.

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 26, 2014, 06:44:31 PM
Are your rights any different than they were? If so, how? If you want to revise the Constitution or Bill of Rights, go ahead and try - have a Constitutional Convention, and see where it gets you.

The Founders, like everyone on this forum, may have been less than perfect, but they were also, conversely, very wise - I mean, if they were REALLY racists, do you think they would have let slip through the Constitutional Basis that actual led to the abolishment of African Slavery? They said "ALL MEN" were created equal, not just "WHITE MEN". Unlike idiots of today that can think only about 10-seconds into the future, I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

Just like the Civil Rights Act, passed by REPUBLICANS, Southern Democrats opposed it VEHEMENTLY, but the wise pitch their battles when victory is in their favor. They had to wait until they could overcome the entrenched democrat racists, as the Founders had to do, to get people of that despicable mindset, to buy-in to the Founding.

DEMOCRATS ARE THE REAL RACISTS! LIBERALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on May 26, 2014, 06:45:37 PM
DEMOCRATS ARE THE REAL RACISTS! LIBERALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon, take a Valium or something, and try a little harder.

You can do it! I believe in you!

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 26, 2014, 06:49:38 PM
C'mon, take a Valium or something, and try a little harder.

You can do it! I believe in you!

keep going, RealCool Daddio is going to get a bingo soon

Catsmile

What about car control, and knife control?
No one is blaming the car, or knife. Just screaming guns.
That is telling...

There are more gun laws on the books now where I live, than when I was a kid "back in the old days."
All restrictions, except concealed carry, and the Feds. restriction on 10+ round magazine that rolled over.

Cali has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the 50 states, period.

It is what it is, I'm not sure what laws would have stopped what happened.
But I do know he broke many many laws... seems they didn't stop him, nor did he care.
Those written words in a book didn't faze him one bit.
How do you stop someone who has lost their shit, and goes on a killing spree?
Will more laws on the books stop it, or will it restrict millions so a few MIGHT not harm someone else?
There are no easy answers...

Thats all I got to say about that

onan

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 26, 2014, 05:33:38 PM
It wasn't "sarcasm"... it was derision -- grammatical errors are for pussies.

oh it was sarcasm, my friend. derision isn't until you lose the training wheels.

albrecht

Quote from: Catsmile on May 26, 2014, 08:00:53 PM
What about car control, and knife control?
No one is blaming the car, or knife. Just screaming guns.
That is telling...

Actually "car control" is coming in government mandated "blackboxes" (at least after the fact forensically though hackers have proven that modern connected cars can be hacked) and through environmental rules. Really, who needs a car with such horsepower and torque except for mayhem! They are for racing. Not on our streets!
Knives? Well, many cities and states do have laws about spring-load knives (switchblades) or blade-length, or concealment (many of these interesting were enacted specifically due to the "threat" of freed blacks and Mexican presence). Some places, like in the UK in some areas, knives on your person in general are already banned (Stanley knives are great fun for the thugs and hooligans there) unless you are a tradesman or have bonafide use for them. Cut knife crimes? Not so much. They already have banned most guns but, oddly, plenty of gun crimes there (of course not as much as here due to sheer numbers of guns, but still higher than pre-ban.)

b_dubb

Guns don't kill people. Gun LAWS kill people.

That's bullshit. People kill people. With guns.

Catsmile

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2014, 08:05:54 PM
Actually "car control" is coming in government mandated "blackboxes" (at least after the fact forensically though hackers have proven that modern connected cars can be hacked) and through environmental rules. Really, who needs a car with such horsepower and torque except for mayhem! They are for racing. Not on our streets!
Knives? Well, many cities and states do have laws about spring-load knives (switchblades) or blade-length, or concealment (many of these interesting were enacted specifically due to the "threat" of freed blacks and Mexican presence). Some places, like in the UK in some areas, knives on your person in general are already banned (Stanley knives are great fun for the thugs and hooligans there) unless you are a tradesman or have bonafide use for them. Cut knife crimes? Not so much. They already have banned most guns but, oddly, plenty of gun crimes there (of course not as much as here due to sheer numbers of guns, but still higher than pre-ban.)

Well... more laws will fix this I'm sure. I mean think of the children.

someguy

Quote from: Catsmile on May 26, 2014, 08:00:53 PM
What about car control

There is car control dumbass, it's called license and registration. Also cars and knives aren't specifically built and created to kill living things like guns are.

albrecht

Quote from: someguy on May 26, 2014, 08:46:43 PM
There is car control dumbass, it's called license and registration. Also cars and knives aren't specifically built and created to kill living things like guns are.
And, of course, the license and registration (what about the insurance btw) prevented this psycho from killing people from his over-powered car! That worked well. And it precents accidents (or suicides or on-purpose car accidents) everyday- very well!
But why do we allow samurai swords, kirpans, trench-knives, obsidian spike knives, palm knives, lock-back Buck knives, Stanley knives, diving knives - or all the other legal knives sold every day because they aren't created to kill, or could be used so? Maybe use a gurkha knife to chop up some celery, perhaps? We need to ban any sharp-edged weapons. Stats say that most people don't prepare many dinners at home. So why this proliferation of kitchen knives!! Especially since so many Hollywood movies love to use them as the "weapon of choice" in various movies. Dangerous ideas set into mind of children.

And eliminate cars/trucks, at least those with so much horse-power and torque, unless one can license, insure, and register them and prove they are necessary for their actual job or profession. Not for commuting or for some social reasons. There is no reason to have such powerful engines in cars considering: congestion in most cities and the speed limits.

We need to ban, or if we can't due to the auto lobby (more powerful than the NRA) and knife lobby, we should at least register, restrict, and regulate them. No one has a reason for these things! Not for archaic reasons like martial arts, personal protection, religion, aesthetics, collection, amusement, or just because someone wants one! But should be only for real necessity (as proscribed by some government entity.) Not only would this help Gaia and the environment by cutting down on carbon emissions (walk! take public transport! ride a bicycle!) but also help save the children and victims of madmen bent on distruction and violence.

Quick Karl

Gun control cries aren't about saving one, single, life, or preventing one, single, act of violence with a gun.

Gun control cries are about crushing political opponent's rights, period.

All the rest, is utter, fucking, bullshit.

Just ask an inner city Black kid. Hundreds of Black kids are murdered in this country, year-after-year - but you don't see THAT on CNN, and you NEVER will.

You know why? It's because they are Black.

Catsmile

Quote from: someguy on May 26, 2014, 08:46:43 PM
Well we need more car control, because the laws on the books didn't work.

Edged weapons were made to kill things from before written history, not just butcher, carve, or collect.

Cars for the public as manufactured are not made to kill people agreed... yet they still kill many people every day. Though some cars are manufactured to kill people, as are aircraft.

Yes guns are made to kill things as a primary function, but it's not there only function.
Sport shooting of clay disc, and paper, protection, collecting with no intent of ever firing said gun, and hunting for food.

All of the tools mentioned above can serve a multipurpose roll in this world, both good and bad, no matter there primary intent.

The key word is intent.
No law ever written will ever stop someone from using, or doing something bad, if there intent is bad. California has some of the best/toughest gun laws in the USA. What laws would have prevented, Elliot Rodgers shooting spree? Then when the next shooting happens, what new laws can prevent it? Does it never end... until guns are all but illegal?

Trust me you don't want guns, and ammo going grey/black market. Look at the prohibition era as an example. Look at todays current prohibition on some drugs. Spewing out kneejerk laws to nerf the world might not create the outcome you desire.

See the laws against illegal drugs, has that stopped them?
See the DEAs statistics. In 40 years they have had very little impact, to no impact on most of the drugs that are illegal today. No matter how many laws, or how harsh they make the laws, or how well funded the DEA is.

Oh look a Clovis point. Not only can it take down dinner, it can butcher it. Sneaky old bastards, making one tool with a multipurpose design. Wisdom that seems to be dieing faster than people can shoot each other today.

Check out this cool car, coming to a police department near you soon.
Just teasing, we build our own. Because 'Merica !

Catsmile

Sorry for the TL;DR post, I'm just a dumb-ass.
Frankly I don't give a shit if they ban every bullet and gun in the USA.
Let them, guns are not the exclusive domain of large manufactures.
Some people have more skills than bloviating on the interwebs.

Looks at these folks in the 3rd world living in mud huts, making guns by hand.
I bet most are illiterate, or functionally illiterate, if they were working as children.
If they can do it in Pakistan, you better believe it can be done in the USA.
Some of the finest most accurate guns I've ever seen/used were made by hand.
The $64,000.00 question is who will be buying all those banned guns?
The gun making starts at around 3:00 minutes into the video.

Gun making in Pakistan