• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sharia VS LGBT Rights

Started by Ruteger, May 06, 2014, 06:58:47 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Ruteger on May 11, 2014, 03:45:13 PM
How many times does it need repeating? Liberalism IS a mental disorder.

You don't even know what left or liberal means. The reader of what you type just draws the conclusion you're unable to articulate reasoned or constructed argument.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 12, 2014, 09:27:27 AM

This is 100% correct

That will explain where and why your bete noir falls where he does in this survey...Because he's that left wing Marxist, liberal, commie Stalinist, commie Marxist leftist ...[attach=3]
Oh, he's in the top right quarter...

and I believe right of where you were PB...how about that?

Yeah, considerably. [attach=4]

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2014, 09:43:48 AM
That will explain where and why your bete noir falls where he does in this survey...Because he's that left wing Marxist, liberal, commie Stalinist, commie Marxist leftist ...
Oh, he's in the top right quarter...and I believe right of where you were PB...how about that?
Morning pud.  Where did you source that graph fm?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 12, 2014, 09:46:42 AM
Morning pud.  Where did you source that graph fm?

Afternoon.. the site that hosts the survey.. Thread in politics. 'Political compass'

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2014, 09:43:48 AM
That will explain where and why your bete noir falls where he does in this survey...Because he's that left wing Marxist, liberal, commie Stalinist, commie Marxist leftist ...
Oh, he's in the top right quarter...

and I believe right of where you were PB...how about that?

Yeah, considerably.

It's funny, back when Clinton was President the more Liberal a person was the more they insisted Clinton was 'Center-right', or a flat out Republican.  Yet the more Liberal they were the more insistently they supported him. 

The same thing is happening with Obama now.  Left-wingers are now both insisting he is Center-right, yet standing 4 square behind him.

The reason he is considered 'right-wing' by these people is because under his watch corporations are still making money, oil companies are still drilling for oil, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are still grinding on, he has created a police state. 

A police state is Left-wing, whether the Libs want to accept that or not (see China, USSR, Cuba, N Korea, Nazi Germany), and most of the rest is more or less inherited or beyond his immediate control.  The things he is actually doing, or would do if he could, are ignored because they don't follow the narrative.

And by the way, in hindsight Clinton was an absolute do-nothing President.  He may have Lib tendencies but his administration ended up mostly irrelevant.  And on the surface being non-intrusive looks a lot like 'Center-right'.

The USSR was gone, the economy was booming, and it turned out Clinton - instead of being a self proclaimed 'policy wonk' - was in reality nothing more than a corrupt Southern politician dirt bag.  Hilary was the ultra-Lib, but the Gingrich Revolution put an end to her schemes.

Yorkshire pud

Yeah. But you're left of Obama PB.So what does it make you?

paladin1991

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 12, 2014, 10:12:14 AM
  Hilary was the ultra-Lib, but the Gingrich Revolution put an end to her schemes.
Or.......have they?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2014, 10:14:53 AM
Yeah. But you're left of Obama PB.So what does it make you?

As mentioned above, Obama is a Marxist hack.  There is nothing Right-wing, or even Centrist about him.

The 'Right-wing' issues attributed to him are either not right wing at all (police state), or are not due to his policies and are incorrectly ascribed to him (and would have been to anyone else who would have been in office currently). 

Surely by now you are familiar with how Big Media operates - that Obama is presented as somehow 'Right-wing' is simply more of their disinformation campaign.

aldousburbank

I don't get what the big deal is about lettuce guacamole bacon and tomato samwiches.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 12, 2014, 10:21:26 AM

As explained above, Obama is a Marxist hack.  There is nothing Right-wing, or even Centrist about him.

The 'Right-wing' issues attributed to him are either not right wing at all (police state) or are not due to his policies and are unfairly attributed to him (or to anyone who would have been in office currently). 

Surely by now you are familiar with how Big Media operates - that Obama is presented as somehow 'Right-wing' is simply more of their disinformation campaign.

He he, you're funny though. If the graph had shown Obama way over on the left panel you'd say it would confirm what you'd been telling everyone. Well, you're clearly more qualified than these downbeats:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/profeedback

b_dubb

why limit this discussion to LGBT rights?  Sharia VS rights.  Sharia no likey.  Unless you're an Imam.  Theocratic fascist nightmare.  No thanks.

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 12, 2014, 10:21:50 AM
I don't get what the big deal is about lettuce guacamole bacon and tomato samwiches.

thats what noory eats when the gas station is out of turkee sammiches and pizza roles.

Quick Karl

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 12, 2014, 09:03:55 AM
I agree.  This is a boiled down version of everything that is wrong with our gov't and country.  If there's a buck to be made or the possibility of screwing someone just for the screwing....then Katy bar the door, lets make some money and screw some folks!  Misery of the ppl?  Just the sauce to make the profits sweeter.

You would think that, in spite of any philosophical political differences most liberals have, they could put it aside just long enough to get the country pointed a little more in a direction that might actually provide a job for LEGITIMATE AMERICAN CITIZENS, including the young folks of this country, whose future seems to be utterly fucked.

But it seems that pissing and dancing on the grave of America is more important than that.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 12, 2014, 09:27:27 AM

This is 100% correct - except perhaps the part about voting their children a poorer future. 

I don't think the D's are getting all that many votes from middle class folks with families.

You're right, they're aborting their kids. They're voting their cats a poorer future.  :D

But they really do vote for a poorer future. Consume less = smaller economy and less jobs. Electricity needs to be expensive so people will use less, so they throw up roadblocks like insisting on expensive alternative energy initiatives that will result in more expensive electricity. Healthcare needs to be more expensive, so they come up with a system that simply jacks up the premiums and gives the uninsured a new bill to pay. The end result is a poorer society that can afford only the basics and thusly consumes less and is "sustainable".

Sadly, it's totally unnecessary. Our technology and ability to problem solve makes us inherently sustainable no matter how rich we are.

Jackstar

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 12, 2014, 10:21:50 AM

Consider slices of whole avocado, rather than guacamole. I think you're missing out on a texture extravaganza by going with the mush.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 12, 2014, 03:21:46 PM
Electricity needs to be expensive so people will use less, so they throw up roadblocks like insisting on expensive alternative energy initiatives that will result in more expensive electricity.

Idaho invested pretty heavily in hydroelectric and geothermal and when I was there power was very cheap. Something like 9 cents per kw/hr (and I was in the highest tier of usage with all the computers).

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 13, 2014, 04:09:41 AM
Idaho invested pretty heavily in hydroelectric and geothermal and when I was there power was very cheap. Something like 9 cents per kw/hr (and I was in the highest tier of usage with all the computers).
Commies.  How dare they perpetuate the alternative energy myth?  Why do they hate America?!?

Jackstar

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 13, 2014, 07:48:54 AM
Commies.  How dare they perpetuate the alternative energy myth?  Why do they hate America?!?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 13, 2014, 04:09:41 AM

They're out protesting both of them as unclean.

Geothermal creates groundwater and gas release issues:

http://westhawaiitoday.com/sections/news/local-news/more-200-geothermal-power-protesters-gather-outside-helco.html

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/the-report/clean-geothermal-energy-plant-sparks-protest-in-italy/

Hydroelectric energy is big sinner due to it's impact on river ecosystems:

http://mediatrackers.org/montana/2013/03/01/environmental-groups-protest-bill-to-make-hydroelectric-power-count-as-renewable

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-344147-dicle-valley-under-ecological-threat-from-new-hydroelectric-power-plants.html

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/may/12/chile-hydroelectric-patagonian-destruction

Ever since they started protesting fusion research, I knew there was something more to it than simple environmental concerns. Cheap, abundant energy means 'unsustainable' growth. So they protest everything they can to hopefully take some of this stuff offline.

Jackstar

So what? How can they have time to protest geothermal and hydroelectric after protesting hydraulic fracturing all morning?

What's that you say? They're not protesting hydraulic fracturing? Curious. Someone should ask their comptroller about how this year's fiscal budget is being allocated. Let's do lunch some time next week, we can trade briefcases and openly not talk about it.

SciFiAuthor

And of course efforts to protest wind farms are developing:

http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-responsibility/earth-first-maine-anti-wind-power-protest-keeps-green-movement-honest.html

And eventually, this will become 'settled science' too.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2012Natur.486..310S

Apparently golden eagles and endangered raptors are big fans of smacking into windmill blades and are doing it in disproportionate numbers when compared to other birds. Windmills, apparently, are to be the new DDT.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Jackstar on May 13, 2014, 10:54:56 PM
So what? How can they have time to protest geothermal and hydroelectric after protesting hydraulic fracturing all morning?

What's that you say? They're not protesting hydraulic fracturing? Curious. Someone should ask their comptroller about how this year's fiscal budget is being allocated. Let's do lunch some time next week, we can trade briefcases and openly not talk about it.

There's nothing quite like a good 5.0 magnitude fracking tremor to get you going in the morning. I love it. Almost as much as I love the pretty blue Cherenkov glow from a nuclear reactor or the warm tingly feel of alpha radiation streaming from a spent uranium rod. Mmmm, yes, technology defeating nature.

pate

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2014, 10:29:41 AM
He he, you're funny though. If the graph had shown Obama way over on the left panel you'd say it would confirm what you'd been telling everyone. Well, you're clearly more qualified than these downbeats:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/profeedback

Now hold on...  You mean the site authors at politicalcompass.org have only POSITIVE comments from 'experts' about how awesome their site is?  Isn't that sort of like citing a known right/left-wing media outlet that supports your own left/right-wing opinion or something...

From the "profeedback" page:

Quote from: politicalcompass.orgI am passing this on to many of my friends. What a wonderful platform for discussion.

I teach Sociology...

Your test is just fascinating...

...I have found it a very good tool for them to clarify their perspetives on ethical and policy matters... {Dr Malcolm Voyce, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia not an English Doctorate I assume}

I teach social policy in a graduate program...

...It does help getting "Beyond Tolerance."

...I teach Sociology...

You are a pack of dummies ..... {my personal favorite}

Completely fascinating and right on. Congratulations. The FAQs that came primarily from American respondents are an accurate reflection that Americans have no idea what they (we) are talking about regarding politics. Fallacies tend to drive public perceptions here. (The US is being strangled by neo-conservatism, and it tends to drag those with low IQs with it)   {clearly no agenda there...}

Pass the acid, Aldous, I don't think I am high enough to understand some of the logic around here...

Jackstar

I don't understand where this thread has gone, but statistically, surely one of you is gay.

Juan

"I only go out into the world to have all my biases and prejudices confirmed." - Gore Vidal

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on May 15, 2014, 05:09:00 AM
I don't understand where this thread has gone, but statistically, surely one of you is gay.
I'm not gay.  And don't call me Shirley! 

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Jackstar on May 15, 2014, 05:09:00 AM
Was that you in the Port Authority bathroom the other day?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 15, 2014, 11:19:37 AM
Was that you in the Port Authority bathroom the other day?

It was me. You sure do got a purty mouth.

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 15, 2014, 12:18:49 PM
It was me. You sure do got a purty mouth.
Yeah, cousin, he sure do.  But can he squeal like a pig?