• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Pls post non-sports C2C stations that stream

Started by VtaGeezer, April 20, 2016, 01:08:47 PM

VtaGeezer

I'm not a hard  core sports nut and am fed up with the affiliates that pre-empt C2C to run extra innings night baseball PLUS interminable post-game blather.  The D-backs game Monday was almost  5 f'ing hours and stepped on two hours of C2C.   So I'm requesting folks post C2C affiliates that don't pre-empt for sports and stream on the net, or are on Tune-In.  I wish I'd gotten the recording version of the Tune-In app.  I haven't found an app that records streaming audio (like Audacity) but Apple lawyers probably strangle them in the crib.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 20, 2016, 01:08:47 PM
I'm not a hard  core sports nut and am fed up with the affiliates that pre-empt C2C to run extra innings night baseball PLUS interminable post-game blather.  The D-backs game Monday was almost  5 f'ing hours and stepped on two hours of C2C.   So I'm requesting folks post C2C affiliates that don't pre-empt for sports and stream on the net, or are on Tune-In.  I wish I'd gotten the recording version of the Tune-In app.  I haven't found an app that records streaming audio (like Audacity) but Apple lawyers probably strangle them in the crib.
"I Hate" to suggest it but you could try downloading the I Heart Media app and find a station playing C2C without a sports team. Lots of stations are now simulcasting their AM station on an FM channel also. What stations should do, in these cases, is continue the game on whatever station and play C2C on the other signal. Then everyone is happy.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 03:00:49 PM
"I Hate" to suggest it but you could try downloading the I Heart Media app and find a station playing C2C without a sports team. Lots of stations are now simulcasting their AM station on an FM channel also. What stations should do, in these cases, is continue the game on whatever station and play C2C on the other signal. Then everyone is happy.
Do you know how many C2C affiliates there ARE?  Just hoping someone will post a streaming station that they know carries C2C every night.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 20, 2016, 04:40:46 PM

Do you know how many C2C affiliates there ARE?  Just hoping someone will post a streaming station that they know carries C2C every night.
KLBJ 590 carries C2C and doesn't ever broadcast sports. You can find them on Tune-In and iHate Media's app. (I'm not sure how they handle things out-of-market or so you might get "local" ads and weather/news updates for the Central Texas area.)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 04:50:06 PM
KLBJ 590 carries C2C and doesn't ever broadcast sports. You can find them on Tune-In and iHate Media's app. (I'm not sure how they handle things out-of-market or so you might get "local" ads and weather/news updates for the Central Texas area.)
Thanks.  I've saved it in my Tune-in profile. 

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 20, 2016, 05:58:25 PM
Thanks.  I've saved it in my Tune-in profile.
You're welcome. They also play the Sat night "Somewhere in Time" shows (recently some old Art that isn't in the 'archive') and what is laughably called "The Best of George Norry" on Sunday nights.