• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rollye James

Started by 999, September 09, 2011, 12:31:35 PM

Went to check her site and it is down....

Frys Girl

Damn it! If this is true, radio is truly finished.

MV/Liberace!

i loved her show, but didn't care too much for the friday night trivia.  i also thought she was the best of all of the c2c fill in hosts.

Quote from: 999 on September 09, 2011, 12:31:35 PM
Went to check her site and it is down....

Possibly due to the power issues in California.  I'd check again when the grid is back online, hopefully soon.  Even Microsoft was having some email issues with their live.com and hotmail.com domains.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on September 09, 2011, 04:05:49 PM
i loved her show, but didn't care too much for the friday night trivia.  i also thought she was the best of all of the c2c fill in hosts.
Same here! However, I think she needed a break from the politics. It is what keeps her from going nuts like most hosts. I always learned a lot from those shows though.

Looks like she and Clear Channel had a parting of the ways in April of 2011.  She's not currently listed in any XM Radio searches.  I couldn't find her online show either.  I feel bad that I haven't paid attention this year and she slipped away. 

I hope it's temporary.  Maybe she'll come back somewhere else.  Oooo, maybe she and Art can alternate 12-hour shifts.............. ::)  Hmm, who's going to take weekends???

Quote from: Treading Water on September 09, 2011, 05:19:34 PM
Looks like she and Clear Channel had a parting of the ways in April of 2011.  She's not currently listed in any XM Radio searches.  I couldn't find her online show either.  I feel bad that I haven't paid attention this year and she slipped away. 

I hope it's temporary.  Maybe she'll come back somewhere else.  Oooo, maybe she and Art can alternate 12-hour shifts.............. ::)  Hmm, who's going to take weekends???

Yeah, saw the same thing just now.  I know the stuff in San Diego was causing a lot of silly errors all over the country, and was hoping this was just a glitch.  If the online show is gone too, hopefully it is just your standard NCA, and not some serious issue in her life. 

"I'll probably have something to say around the end of the year."
via email.
Hope she does another radio show.

Frys Girl

George Noory is (attempting) copying Rollye James' trivia night.... of course he is giving out stupid crappy books that he doesn't bother to read for the guest authors.

I hate George Noory! I wish Rollye James could come back to radio tonight!

MV/Liberace!

for the purposes of helping those who find this thread through google...

we recently interviewed Rollye on my podcast which you can hear here.  it was a real treat to have her on.

blackshap9

listening to rollyee james interview right now...great podcast...very good show..i just joined coastgab to complain about c2cam and how it sucks now and how sad that the guest tonight is from above top secret (a well known disinformation website).

The General

It was an awesome interview.  Really insider back room radio stuff.

b_dubb

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on September 09, 2011, 04:06:45 PMEven Microsoft was having some email issues with their live.com and hotmail.com domains.
LOL ... Microsoft experiences technical difficulties and somehow this is surprising?

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 27, 2012, 02:39:15 AM
for the purposes of helping those who find this thread through google...

we recently interviewed Rollye on my podcast which you can hear here.  it was a real treat to have her on.

Thanks Michael - great interview.

Ruteger

Who is "Rollye James"? And, were the parents on Crack when they named a human-child "Rollye"?

Frys Girl

Quote from: Ruteger on June 18, 2012, 07:30:01 PM
Who is "Rollye James"? And, were the parents on Crack when they named a human-child "Rollye"?
Wow. You're a load of pleasantness and joy.

analog kid

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 18, 2011, 01:48:55 PM
George Noory is (attempting) copying Rollye James' trivia night.... of course he is giving out stupid crappy books that he doesn't bother to read for the guest authors.

I hate George Noory! I wish Rollye James could come back to radio tonight!

My brother-in-law won the Rollye James trivia thing once. He got some cool stuff. I've never listened to her, and I never got around to reading her diatribe on the radio industry. Hopefully she gets into that in MV's podcast.

McPhallus

I've heard of a young girl named "Trojanera".  Not the best product endorsement.

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on September 09, 2011, 04:05:49 PM...i also thought (Rollye) was the best of all of the c2c fill in hosts.

She was my choice as well. In fact, she'd probably be my choice to wear The One Ring That Rules Them All and take over the chair from the current pretender who now sits there. Even ahead of George Knapp or Ian. 

Probably no more so than anyone who might claim, say, "Sardondi" or "Ruteger" as a handle: the reasons might not always be apparent. After all, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Quote from: McPhallus on June 18, 2012, 08:42:04 PM
I've heard of a young girl named "Trojanera".  Not the best product endorsement.

This might have significance only for those old enough to remember the events surrounding the JFK assassination and funeral; but I remember having run across a woman with the first and middle name of "Rotunda Cathedra". And of course her birthday was in late November 1963.

stevesh

Quote from: Sardondi on June 22, 2012, 07:53:26 AM
She was my choice as well. In fact, she'd probably be my choice to wear The One Ring That Rules Them All and take over the chair from the current pretender who now sits there. Even ahead of George Knapp or Ian. 

Mine too. The aw, shucks trucker jive wore a little, but she's smart, funny and an excellent interviewer.

I once knew a family named Barr who named their two kids Clark and Candy, and the founder of the Lear airplane company named his daughter Crystal Shanda. No accounting for lame senses of humor.

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on June 22, 2012, 10:35:44 AM...I once knew a family named Barr who named their two kids Clark and Candy, and the founder of the Lear airplane company named his daughter Crystal Shanda. No accounting for lame senses of humor....

Same with me where the Kane family had two daughters..I am not kidding...named Sugar and Kandi. In Texas in around 1890, Governor Hogg had a daughter he named "Ima", who became a very well known social figure and art collector.

EvB

Long long ago (1970's) in a cold Maine town way up yonder - the girls in my dorm would get very bored.  We used to look for funny names in the phone book.  The all time winner was - and AFAIK still is Ophelia Cockburn.

I worked in a hospital in the early 90's and was sent to the nursery to do a PKU on a baby named Armagedon. My mind always pictured that he would grow up to be like the biker dude in "Raising Arizona".Kid should be in his 20's now.

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on November 18, 2012, 12:26:34 AM
I worked in a hospital in the early 90's and was sent to the nursery to do a PKU on a baby named Armagedon. My mind always pictured that he would grow up to be like the biker dude in "Raising Arizona".Kid should be in his 20's now.
I once worked with a guy named Peter Slocock.  Also, a Dick Ferret.

Sardondi

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 18, 2012, 10:53:58 AM

Had a realtor named - I am not kidding - Richard Head. No other name or initial. He later expanded to financial advice/investing services, and he's actually been quite successful. He made sure he never used "Dick", although his name has probably worked to his advantage through sheer memorability. I never figured out if his parents were cruel, naive or asleep at the wheel.

ChewMouse

There's a State Farm Insurance agent around these parts named "Chip Munk". He's actually used it to his advantage over the years...cute stuff.

McPhallus

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 18, 2012, 10:53:58 AM

Reminds me of a supervisor in college: Dr. Gay Leathers (real first name: Ellen).  No joke.

Eddie Coyle

Assistant principal, Don Bosco High in Boston early 90's...Jack Goff.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 18, 2012, 06:49:00 PM
           Assistant principal, Don Bosco High in Boston early 90's...Jack Goff.

It must have like jerk-name heaven there - "Paging Mr. Goff, Mr. Jack Goff....Señor Ovaltine and Herr Nestlé, please report to Don Bosco, ¡adelante!, mach schnell.