• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 08, 2017, 01:06:32 AM
Much sadness. Tonight is the last episode of Red Eye on Fox News. It's literally their best show. Idiots!  ::)  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNIPqafd4As

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 08, 2017, 01:06:32 AM
Much sadness. Tonight is the last episode of Red Eye on Fox News. It's literally their best show. Idiots!  ::)  :'(

http://thecomicscomic.com/2017/04/04/fox-news-has-canceled-red-eye/

Is Don Lemon kicking their asses? Why is the show going off-air?

BobGrau

Quote from: Jackstar on April 06, 2017, 01:50:58 PM

No.

However, consider: every yearly cycle, we unobservedly pass the anniversary of our own death.

Pardon me if I steal this for everyday conversation.

ShayP

Gun shots.  Nearly every single night between 11 pm and 2 am.

ShayP

Not having the Business section in my newspaper for 4 straight days.

yumyumtree

Quote from: ShayP on April 08, 2017, 10:13:39 PM
Gun shots.  Nearly every single night between 11 pm and 2 am.

Goodness, where do you live? We only have them now and then here.

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 10, 2017, 10:27:00 PM
Goodness, where do you live? We only have them now and then here.
Pahrump? Perhaps?

Annoyances, minor, so much junkmail even though I asked Post Office to hold at station while we're away. I seem to recall some years ago some option where they had an option for only "hold mail for addressee?" or "first class?" I don't recall the specifics but I seem to recall this.

Taaroa

I'm trying to book a certain restaurant while I have visitors from overseas here, and it's proving very difficult. First I tried for mid may (over a month in advance) and was told that I couldn't get a reservation for two until June. I just tried to make one in August, and was told they only take booking two months in advance.

Absolute madness.

Those dumbfucks at United Airlines.

It turns out the flight wasn't overbooked, it's just that four airline employees showed up at the gate after everyone had boarded, and said they needed to be on the flight.

The problem occurred when they decided to have airport security drag passengers off the plane to make room.  They should have told the four employees they weren't going to be able to take the flight because they didn't give enough advance notice to the gate personnel - after passengers have boarded, it's a bit late for that shit.  It was this arrogance, and the gate personnel catering to it that created the problem

Taaroa

I'm at home all day and my doorbell didn't ring at all. I go down to my letterbox to find a missed delivery slip and that I now have to go to the post office.

Every fucking time.

WildCard

Quote from: Jackstar on April 06, 2017, 01:50:58 PM
However, consider: every yearly cycle, we unobservedly pass the anniversary of our own death.

I don't need this kind of negativity in my life.
/blocked

WildCard

Quote from: Taaroa on April 13, 2017, 08:01:06 AM
I'm at home all day and my doorbell didn't ring at all. I go down to my letterbox to find a missed delivery slip and that I now have to go to the post office.

Every fucking time.

Don't get me started. Fuckin ninjas!
I live in a rural area. But they're always gone before I know they've been here.
I'm gonna set bear traps.

Jackstar

Still, superior to a Clinton presidency.

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on April 10, 2017, 11:06:18 PM
I'm trying to book a certain restaurant while I have visitors from overseas here [...] Absolute madness.

the_Stranger

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 12, 2017, 08:56:13 PM
Those dumbfucks at United Airlines.

It turns out the flight wasn't overbooked, it's just that four airline employees showed up at the gate after everyone had boarded, and said they needed to be on the flight.

The problem occurred when they decided to have airport security drag passengers off the plane to make room.  They should have told the four employees they weren't going to be able to take the flight because they didn't give enough advance notice to the gate personnel - after passengers have boarded, it's a bit late for that shit.  It was this arrogance, and the gate personnel catering to it that created the problem
I'm not sure if I should be shocked and horrified that I agree with you on this situation.

whoozit

Trying to fly home after a four week business trip.  Weather and mechanical issues have made me catching my flight from a hub doubtful.  It is the last flight of the night on this carrier.  I was afraid to be nquire about other carriers because I was worried they'd put me on United.

GravitySucks

Quote from: whoozit on April 21, 2017, 03:47:34 PM
Trying to fly home after a four week business trip.  Weather and mechanical issues have made me catching my flight from a hub doubtful.  It is the last flight of the night on this carrier.  I was afraid to be nquire about other carriers because I was worried they'd put me on United.

Good luck whoozit

whoozit

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 21, 2017, 03:53:30 PM
Good luck whoozit
Looks like I'll be stuck in Charlotte overnight.  I hope the hotel they give me is better than the one they have me last time.  I did not open my suitcase, stripped the bed  and slept with n my clothes.  I saw the voucher and the hotel charged th airline $8 for my room.  That was highly overvalued.  It would have been expensive at $0.

ItsOver

Well, isn't this just lovely.

BART takeover robbery: 40 to 60 teens swarm train, rob weekend riders

http://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/BART-takeover-robbery-50-to-60-teens-swarm-11094745.php

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2017, 04:16:48 PM

BART takeover robbery: 40 to 60 teens swarm train, rob weekend riders

http://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/BART-takeover-robbery-50-to-60-teens-swarm-11094745.php

WhenI read that earlier, I was shocked that authorities would not release the video because they were juveniles and it would violate their privacy. What is wrong with these morons in charge? 

Actually surprised that it wasn't live streamed by at least two of the deadbeats.

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2017, 04:16:48 PM

BART takeover robbery: 40 to 60 teens swarm train, rob weekend riders...

Under age 18 Thug Black Lives Matter too!  The good news is, for one reason or another every last one of these pukes will end up either dead or in prison before too long.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2017, 04:19:38 PM
WhenI read that earlier, I was shocked that authorities would not release the video because they were juveniles and it would violate their privacy. What is wrong with these morons in charge? 

Actually surprised that it wasn't live streamed by at least two of the deadbeats.

It's long past time to reveal the names, photos, etc, of criminals under age 18.  And penalties.  Times have changed, and crimes committed by juveniles are much worse than when these outdated rules were implemented. 

ponyboysunset

My co-worker is asleep with her head down at her desk which is visible from our lobby. It is her lunch but Jesus have some dignity and sleep in your car like the rest of us do.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 27, 2017, 10:27:06 AM
My co-worker is asleep with her head down at her desk which is visible from our lobby. It is her lunch but Jesus have some dignity and sleep in your car like the rest of us do.
Cut her hair off while she sleeps.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 27, 2017, 10:27:06 AM

I could be worse. I mean, she could snap from a lack of sleep and resentment felt from co-workers and then bring a semi-automatic weapon in and just start firing. Count yourself lucky.  ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2017, 10:33:34 AM
I could be worse. I mean, she could snap from a lack of sleep and resentment felt from co-workers and then bring a semi-automatic weapon in and just start firing. Count yourself lucky.  ;)
LMFAO she's 65 and liberal, it ain't gonna happen sir.

And Ibby not much shorter I can go with her hair ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 27, 2017, 10:46:38 AM
LMFAO she's 65 and liberal, it ain't gonna happen sir.

And Ibby not much shorter I can go with her hair ;D

Whatever happened to mandatory retirement?  How about sticking a post it on her forehead that says "no drooling"?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on April 27, 2017, 11:20:18 AM
Whatever happened to mandatory retirement?  How about sticking a post it on her forehead that says "no drooling"?
She's never gonna retire. She'll be here forever. And if she had a sense of humor I would do that post it thing. LOL