• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 26, 2016, 12:40:55 PM
Alas! Poor K_Dubb!

Haha yeah that's another one.  It's "I knew HIM", not "i KNEW him".  Most actors can't resist tearfully emoting on that word, and it makes what should be a scene of dawning recognition and recollection, talking about his lips and his back and his jests, into a maudlin wallow.

theONE

Quote from: onan on October 26, 2016, 11:32:46 AM
lighten up, frodo.

that's exactly what I told pud to do, but I guess you miss the..................................................................................................fun

theONE

Quote from: onan on October 26, 2016, 11:32:46 AM
lighten up, frodo.

I have no clue who/what frodo is - /but that's OK it's not important that I know everything

onan

Quote from: theONE on October 26, 2016, 12:51:39 PM
I have no clue who/what frodo is - /but that's OK it's not important that I know everything

He's a Tolkien character that due to circumstances has little if any sense of humor.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on October 26, 2016, 01:12:03 PM
He's a Tolkien character that due to circumstances has little if any sense of humor.
[/quote
Maybe "Lighten up Francis" would've worked better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUtHkSw9nEY

theONE

sooo how he applies to my persona ??
hmmm, you have very non-existent sense of humor onan

onan

Quote from: albrecht on October 26, 2016, 01:24:07 PM
[/quote
Maybe "Lighten up Francis" would've worked better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUtHkSw9nEY

You have suggested this before. I like my choice better.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on October 26, 2016, 02:21:47 PM
You have suggested this before. I like my choice better.
I know. And your choice annoys me.  ;) How can some fake fantasy character be better than one of the best character actors ever and some of the best comedic actors ever- all in one scene?

onan

Quote from: albrecht on October 26, 2016, 02:24:44 PM
I know. And your choice annoys me.  ;) How can some fake fantasy character be better than one of the best character actors ever and some of the best comedic actors ever- all in one scene?

Apple vs cherry pie, I suppose.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on October 26, 2016, 02:32:36 PM
Apple vs cherry pie, I suppose.
Yum, I wish our political choices were more like that choice. All the pollster and advocacy phones are annoying me. I already vote against the proposition- please stop calling me!!!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 26, 2016, 03:10:28 PM
Many a time and oft in the rialto...

Good Lord, man, is that all you know?  At least give us your thoughts on Polonius.

Juan

I open Bellgab and see that I have a PM. Hoping for a come hither message from lonevoice, I open it only to find a Gabcast cancelation message from MV.
Dammit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Juan on October 26, 2016, 03:40:04 PM
I open Bellgab and see that I have a PM. Hoping for a come hither message from lonevoice, I open it only to find a Gabcast cancelation message from MV.
Dammit.

I, too, miss lonevoice

ShayP

Receiving a letter from my health insurance company and finding out my premium is increasing by 47% on the first of the year.  >:(

ShayP

Quote from: onan on October 26, 2016, 04:14:28 PM
I hate to hear that, mine is 35 a month.

Nice.  It's my fault for walking away from a job with great benefits.  I knew an increase was coming but not on that scale.  By the way...do you need any dependents?

onan

Quote from: ShayP on October 26, 2016, 04:17:57 PM
Nice.  It's my fault for walking away from a job with great benefits.  I knew an increase was coming but not on that scale.  By the way...do you need any dependents?

I pulled my post, it seemed kind of uncaring and didn't mean it that way.

I only take millionaire dependents.

ShayP

Quote from: onan on October 26, 2016, 04:26:10 PM
I pulled my post, it seemed kind of uncaring and didn't mean it that way.

I only take millionaire dependents.

No problem onan.   :)

I'm a hundredaire so I guess I'm out.  Is that even a word?

ksm32

Frodo meat is currently sold in my grocers freezer. I recently stocked up with a four pound limit. (my grocer has a sign that says "4LB's Frodo per person" I will be making a stew this weekend and then freezing it as sticks, like popsicles for the trick of treatrzz.

I hope you're well, Onan.

theONE

Quote from: ksm32 on October 27, 2016, 02:32:38 AM
Frodo meat is currently sold in my grocers freezer. I recently stocked up with a four pound limit. (my grocer has a sign that says "4LB's Frodo per person" I will be making a stew this weekend and then freezing it as sticks, like popsicles for the trick of treatrzz.

nooo, onan is suffering from self inflicted wounds to his sense of humor, he is stiff like a corpse lately

Quote from: ksm32 on October 27, 2016, 02:32:38 AM

i read that with this persons voice in mind.....

GRRRRR! EVIL COMES IN MANY FORMS! I OPPOSE EVIL!

THE ALPHA DRACONIANS!

THE AMERICAN EMPIRE!

THE COBRA-LIKE ISIS!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 26, 2016, 03:26:29 PM
Good Lord, man, is that all you know?  At least give us your thoughts on Polonius.

Not at all, but typing the scene would be wasted here. I've posted an mp3 on here somewhere.

Fox's overly orchestrated opening/title sports music and their "sports bar" announcers during the World Series.  It's a mood killer.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 31, 2016, 10:54:13 AM
Not at all, but typing the scene would be wasted here. I've posted an mp3 on here somewhere.

Oh I remember it well!  I was asking for more, though your becoming modesty prevented you from attending.

Quote from: KevinIsAHybrid on October 31, 2016, 09:39:07 AM
GRRRRR! EVIL COMES IN MANY FORMS! I OPPOSE EVIL!

THE ALPHA DRACONIANS!

Now there's a bas-relief that makes me want to stand and perform the Pledge of Allegiance of the United States.

A United States more in tune with Dungeons & Dragons can't be a bad thing.

Catsmile

The Great Wall-Mart.

Shop there for over 20 years never had a problem. Until the other day. Wait in line for 20 minutes to be checked out. Cashier finally rings us up, walking out the door. Out of nowhere a "Door Greeter" demands to see our receipt. In a loud assertive tone he said "You need to show me your RECEIPT!" Taken aback by the demand I curtly replied "No, I don't." and kept on walking. He stepped forward within 2 feet of us and raised his hands, I thought he was going to grab me or the shopping cart. I swerved to ensure i didn't hit him maintaining our original distance of 3 feet. Then the geezer got louder and used an aggressive tone repeating "YOU NEED TO SHOW ME YOUR RECEIPT!" I responded in kind "NO! I DON'T!" and kept on walking out the door. He then replied "YOU NEED TO STOP, OR I'LL CALL THE POLICE!" This statement pissed me off, I stopped halfway out the double doors turned my head back and asked "Sir, are you detaining us? What have we done wrong?" The exchange continues...

Greeter: <Loudly and angrily bellowed out> "You have merchandise in the cart not in bags, thats suspicious! You won't show me your receipt that even more suspicious! I think you're stealing!"

Me: Sir, I've paid in full for all of MY merchandise! As for the products not in bags, the cashier asked us if we wanted the 3 one gallon jugs of water in a bag. We replied "No". The giant 22 Pound bag of cat food you don't supply bags big enough to put it in. We've walked out these same doors for over 8 years without bags for these exact items without any problems, until today. You have no right to seize and search us without proof that we've stolen from the store. You can suspect, believe, or think anything you want. The burden of proof for those allegations falls on you, not me. NOW, PROVE IT

Greeter: SHOW ME YOUR RECEIPT AND I CAN!

Me: Sir, my transaction with this store is complete once it excepted my payment. I'm not compelled by state law to prove ownership of my property to anyone without a warrant. If you can prove any wrong doing detain us and CALL THE LAW! If you don't believe me, ask the cashier, watch the video, pull up the original copy of the transaction at the POS. I'll be on my way now!

Greeter: It's company policy that if you shop here you agree to show me your receipt! Company policy says that anything not in bags is suspicious, it also states if you don't show a receipt on request you can be banned. I'm just doing my job, you will get me fired if I don't see your receipt.

Me: Sir, I didn't sign any agreement to that effect, nor have I seen this policy written anywhere. How are we bound by an agreement we didn't even know existed? It's not my obligation or responsibility to help you, or give you the tools to do your job properly. That is the companies responsibility. I'm sorry the largest retailer in the world won't pay for those tools. It only sees fit to train you to Intimidate, threaten, manipulate, and humiliate it's customers into waiving their rights.  <Start walking out the door>

Greeter: YOUR BANNED, DON'T COME BACK!!!

Me: FINE! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! CALL THE LAW IF I'VE DONE ANYTHING WRONG! 

Quote from: Catsmile on November 03, 2016, 04:47:06 PM
The Great Wall-Mart.

Shop there for over 20 years never had a problem. Until the other day. Wait in line for 20 minutes to be checked out. Cashier finally rings us up, walking out the door. Out of nowhere a "Door Greeter" demands to see our receipt. In a loud assertive tone he said "You need to show me your RECEIPT!" Taken aback by the demand I curtly replied "No, I don't." and kept on walking. He stepped forward within 2 feet of us and raised his hands, I thought he was going to grab me or the shopping cart. I swerved to ensure i didn't hit him maintaining our original distance of 3 feet. Then the geezer got louder and used an aggressive tone repeating "YOU NEED TO SHOW ME YOUR RECEIPT!" I responded in kind "NO! I DON'T!" and kept on walking out the door. He then replied "YOU NEED TO STOP, OR I'LL CALL THE POLICE!" This statement pissed me off, I stopped halfway out the double doors turned my head back and asked "Sir, are you detaining us? What have we done wrong?" The exchange continues...

Greeter: <Loudly and angrily bellowed out> "You have merchandise in the cart not in bags, thats suspicious! You won't show me your receipt that even more suspicious! I think you're stealing!"

Me: Sir, I've paid in full for all of MY merchandise! As for the products not in bags, the cashier asked us if we wanted the 3 one gallon jugs of water in a bag. We replied "No". The giant 22 Pound bag of cat food you don't supply bags big enough to put it in. We've walked out these same doors for over 8 years without bags for these exact items without any problems, until today. You have no right to seize and search us without proof that we've stolen from the store. You can suspect, believe, or think anything you want. The burden of proof for those allegations falls on you, not me. NOW, PROVE IT

Me: Sir, my transaction with this store is complete once it excepted my payment. I'm not compelled by state law to prove ownership of my property to anyone without a warrant. If you can prove any wrong doing detain us and CALL THE LAW! If you don't believe me, ask the cashier, watch the video, pull up the original copy of the transaction at the POS. I'll be on my way now!

Greeter: It's company policy that if you shop here you agree to show me your receipt! Company policy says that anything not in bags is suspicious, it also states if you don't show a receipt on request you can be banned. I'm just doing my job, you will get me fired if I don't see your receipt.

Me: Sir, I didn't sign any agreement to that effect, nor have I seen this policy written anywhere. How are we bound by an agreement we didn't even know existed? It's not my responsibility to help you or give you the tools do your job properly. That is the companies responsibility. I'm sorry the largest retailer in the world won't pay for those tools. It only sees fit to train you to Intimidate, threaten, manipulate, and humiliate it's customers into waiving their rights.  <Start walking out the door>

Wow.  You handled it much better than I could have.  Let us know how it goes when you return and say 'hi' to the old man. 

Hautex

The Great Wall-Mart.

Me: Sir, I didn't sign any agreement to that effect, nor have I seen this policy written anywhere. How are we bound by an agreement we didn't even know existed? It's not my obligation or responsibility to help you, or give you the tools to do your job properly. That is the companies responsibility. I'm sorry the largest retailer in the world won't pay for those tools. It only sees fit to train you to Intimidate, threaten, manipulate, and humiliate it's customers into waiving their rights.  <Start walking out the door>

Just fyi from an article I saw about how Walmart has to either stepup it's security or cops will no longer provide a priority response.... worth the read...

The Great Wall-Mart.

Shop there for over 20 years never had a problem. Until the other day. Wait in line for 20 minutes to be checked out. Cashier finally rings us up, walking out the door. Out of nowhere a "Door Greeter" demands to see our receipt...

I haven't shown my receipt to anyone at the door since I found out I was not legally required to do so.  So far no one has even questioned my breezy ''no, thanks'' as I stroll past them. 

Each time, I hoped that day would be the day I would get to say ''well, call the cops, but they need to get here before I walk to the car and drive off''