• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

LouSheehan

Quote from: morgana213 on October 18, 2015, 04:11:54 AM...  he is also lazy.  To me, his lack of interest and curiosity is very apparent in his shows. He probably wouldn't have known about your report had his handlers not told him about it.

This hits the nail on the head.

LouSheehan

Quote from: albrecht on October 18, 2015, 10:16:29 AM
We also forget that the Poles (with some help from others) saved Europe from the Muslim hordes. Interestingly the anniversary was just last month. Sobieski is turning over in his grave about now watching the "refugees" being welcomed in. I also wondered why nobody in the news ever made the connection to the WTC and Pentagon attack and Battle of Vienna, or did 11-Sept just be a "random" date to attack?
I read online that Poland is one of the -- or is the -- least popular destination of the refugees in the EU.  There are numbers out there showing proportions.  There are better examples out there, but: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-24636868

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on October 18, 2015, 02:31:54 AM
If true, Dave is just a uninformed jerk. I never said it WAS Aliens I simply reported that there was breaking news on possible Megastructures which has also been on ALL the Mainstream Media by now
Including the Washington Post ABC and CNN. I think he was just pissed that he got scooped. Or perhaps his Angel visions are offended. I doubt any of us will know more till our hardware is repaired and we can take a further look.

Art

Dave got around to breaking the story on facebook about two hours ago even though he "debunked" it already.

inuk2600

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 18, 2015, 02:54:24 PM
Dave got around to breaking the story on facebook about two hours ago even though he "debunked" it already.

Good grief, it's like the web people don't listen to the radio people.

Morgus

Here is info on the astronomer Jason Wright mentioned in the incredible possible star megastructure discovery articles.
Perhaps Art and Heather can try to contact him and get him on as a guest? 
Noory said his staff tried but he wouldn't come on c2c...

Jason Wright's Penn State info page with contact info:
http://astro.psu.edu/people/jtw13
http://sites.psu.edu/astrowright/jason-t-wright-assistant-professor-of-astronomy-and-astrophysics/

Jason Thomas Wright
Associate Professor
424 Davey Lab
University Park, PA 16802
Email: jtw13@psu.edu
Phone: (814) 863-8470
exoplanets.org

Education
    BA Boston University, Astronomy & Physics (1999)
    MA, PhD, University of California, Berkeley, Astrophysics (2003, 2006)

Research Interests
Prof. Wright studies nearby stars, their ages and activity levels, and most of all their planetary systems.  He finds and characterizes new planets around other stars using the Hobby-Eberly Telescope and Keck Observatory.
He and his students maintain a list of good orbital parameters from the peer-reviewed literature for planets orbiting other stars at exoplanets.org

Jason Wright's blog page:
http://sites.psu.edu/astrowright/

Twitter page:
https://twitter.com/astro_wright

Quote from: Morgus on October 17, 2015, 08:27:03 PM
Noory did it again last night - he commented on Art's "breaking news" story about a possible ET megastructure around a distant star.
Noory said some internet broadcast hosts were saying it was made by ETs, but he reported that it was not and that listeners can always come to his c2c show for "the truth"  :o

I guess it's only aliens when George can make guest appearances and profit off of it.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 18, 2015, 04:25:30 PM
I guess it's only aliens when George can make guest appearances and profit off of it.

No shit. If some university subject is dying with no funding and no students majoring in it, they should just imply it has aliens in it.
We're not saying aliens speak Esperanto...

GravitySucks

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 17, 2015, 10:36:06 PM
Art made a comment about 'the French' during his show with Dr. Greer about 'the French' implying they were cowards ('don't stand-up').

From whence this myth that the French 'don't stand up'?  We wouldn't be an Independent country without the French.  My imperfect memory has it that -- including the vital role played by the French fleet during the Yorktowne Campaign -- 40% of the soldiers and sailors involved in that campaign were French.

The French conquered England in 1066.They formed they 'English' nobility for centuries.

The French did rather well under Napoleon.

The French played a major role -- I believe the major role -- in defeating the Germans on the Western Front in WW! (the French occupied the Supreme Commander's spot between teh British, the colonies and the French).

http://www.historyisfun.org/learn/learning-center/colonial-america-american-revolution-learning-resources/american-revolution-essays-timelines-images/the-french-alliance/

http://www.cracked.com/article_20306_5-myths-about-revolutionary-war-everyone-believes.html
Well it was the silly French that went and got invaded.  The rest were there to help out the French, not the other way around.
If you want a fantastic trip down history lane, check out Dan Carlin's Harcor History. He has a 6 part podcast about WWI and what it was like in the trenches with weapons that had never been used before.

Morgus

Prof Michio Kaku commented as a guest on a CBS news show last week on the possible discovery of an alien megastructure. He even refers to a possible type 2 civilization that could build a Jupiter planet sized object!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5UHULLK1sY

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 18, 2015, 04:31:04 PM
Well it was the silly French that went and got invaded.  The rest were there to help out the French, not the other way around.
If you want a fantastic trip down history lane, check out Dan Carlin's Harcor History. He has a 6 part podcast about WWI and what it was like in the trenches with weapons that had never been used before.

The poor French couldn't buy a break.  Churchill even bombed their fleet in WW2, killing 1300 French sailors.  If the war had ended differently we'd probably all know about that and consider Churchill a war criminal.

jazmunda

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 18, 2015, 02:54:24 PM

Why is Dave promoting a story he has already debunked?

Mild Bill

Quote from: Art Bell on October 18, 2015, 02:31:54 AM
Dave is just an uninformed jerk.

So true, Art...so true.

Art Bell

I see the Coast Web page posted the story finally, only five days late! I wonder if they had to get Dave's permission first?

Art

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on October 18, 2015, 04:40:52 PM
I see the Coast Web page posted the story finally, only five days late! I wonder if they had to get Dave's permission first?

Art

He was overruled by the weekend janitor who just posted it.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: jazmunda on October 18, 2015, 04:38:13 PM

My guess would be bad coordination between Dave and the employee that does the facebook posting. Actually the whole thing is stupid, there's nothing to debunk. No one, including Art, has said that this is anything more than a possibility. It just happens to be one hell of a possibility. It's a great story and Dave seems to have missed the point and just used it to take a jab.   

jazmunda

Quote from: chefist on October 18, 2015, 04:43:01 PM
He was overruled by the weekend janitor who just posted it.

I thought Dave WAS the weekend janitor.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 18, 2015, 04:37:30 PM
The poor French couldn't buy a break.  Churchill even bombed their fleet in WW2, killing 1300 French sailors.  If the war had ended differently we'd probably all know about that and consider Churchill a war criminal.
Not to mention, cough-cough, South Africa (who cares because a dead white guys killing other dead whites guys or least putting them into camps) or India (probably more social justice warriors would jump in here) on Churchill's watch. Love the guy and his speeches and books are great, and we can't discount his leadership, and predictions, but he had some things wrong.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on October 18, 2015, 04:38:13 PM
Because he is a schmendick, whatever that is.

jazmunda

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 18, 2015, 04:44:51 PM
My guess would be bad coordination between Dave and the employee that does the facebook posting. Actually the whole thing is stupid, there's nothing to debunk. No one, including Art, has said that this is anything more than a possibility. It just happens to be one hell of a possibility. It's a great story and Dave seems to have missed the point and just used it to take a jab.

Of course he used it to take a jab.

It just shows how stupid and petty he is.

Whether real or not it is a great story and it is well within the realm of the genre of his show despite it's new direction toward scaremongering about health and wealth.

I think the facebook posting employee should be given his job.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 18, 2015, 04:46:53 PM
Because he is a schmendick, whatever that is.

Wikipedia tells me it is actually schmendrick and it is "Yiddish for a stupid person".

I think your spelling is more apt.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: jazmunda on October 18, 2015, 04:47:54 PM
Of course he used it to take a jab.

It just shows how stupid and petty he is.

Whether real or not it is a great story and it is well within the realm of the genre of his show despite it's new direction toward scaremongering about health and wealth.

I think the facebook posting employee should be given his job.

It starkly contrasts the two shows. Art did what he always has and told us about it as the news was breaking and took us all for a ride of the mind as we pondered what might be out there. Dave completely missed the opportunity for great radio and bored his cat ladies with a premature debunk five days late just to take a swipe. It's just night and day at this point.

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on October 18, 2015, 04:45:09 PM
I thought Dave WAS the weekend janitor.

He was busy eating a rat sammich and finishing off a 40...

jazmunda

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 18, 2015, 04:52:20 PM
It starkly contrasts the two shows. Art did what he always has and told us about it as the news was breaking and took us all for a ride of the mind as we pondered what might be out there. Dave completely missed the opportunity for great radio and bored his cat ladies with a premature debunk just to take a swipe. It's just night and day at this point.

I think it's always been night and day. When George started I initially didn't like him and I always thought it was because he wasn't Art. I mean who could live up to that. Art I know you don't like hearing that kind of praise but it's true. It was the same with Mike Siegal. I tried to like him but ....

I decided to give George a chance because I liked the subject matter. I really tried and tried and if it wasn't for Art doing the weekends I would have given up a lot earlier than when I finally gave George the boot in 2008. I was already only listening to a handful of shows and on a very semi-irregular basis. We all are aware of his shortcomings but his main one is that he just doesn't engage the audience and make us think what if. He does inspire us to dream. Rather than keep people awake in the middle of the night he acts as an audio sleeping aid.

I'm really surprised that anyone still listens at this point. Morgus I don't know how you do it buddy. I'm glad someone is taking one for the team to inform us of these idiotic things Dave says. You deserve a medal and if you need some funds for counselling in the future let me know and I will spearhead a kickstarter campaign for you. Thank you for your service.

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on October 18, 2015, 05:00:55 PM
I think it's always been night and day. When George started I initially didn't like him and I always thought it was because he wasn't Art. I mean who could live up to that. Art I know you don't like hearing that kind of praise but it's true. It was the same with Mike Siegal. I tried to like him but ....

I decided to give George a chance because I liked the subject matter. I really tried and tried and if it wasn't for Art doing the weekends I would have given up a lot earlier than when I finally gave George the boot in 2008. I was already only listening to a handful of shows and on a very semi-irregular basis. We all are aware of his shortcomings but his main one is that he just doesn't engage the audience and make us think what if. He does inspire us to dream. Rather than keep people awake in the middle of the night he acts as an audio sleeping aid.

I'm really surprised that anyone still listens at this point. Morgus I don't know how you do it buddy. I'm glad someone is taking one for the team to inform us of these idiotic things Dave says. You deserve a medal and if you need some funds for counselling in the future let me know and I will spearhead a kickstarter campaign for you. Thank you for your service.
Though I don't deserve accolades as Morgus (and some others) I listen to Norry to kill time. Usually when operating loud things and as a sound-suppression system; mowing lawn, working in garage and air compressor on, power-washing deck, using the chainsaw etc. Because the droning cancels loud noise and there is some comedy, inadvertent admittedly, there. With Art? I find I want to listen and even minor chores take the back seat. I also listen to C2C via a replay mechanism so no commercials and no arbitron ratings...so not feeding the iHate beast. My 2 cents.

trostol

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 18, 2015, 03:12:44 PM
Good grief, it's like the web people don't listen to the radio people.

i do not think they do..things are often late on the FB page and the twitter account seems like some pre made posts with 0 information

ItsOver

I think it's always been night and day. When George started I initially didn't like him and I always thought it was because he wasn't Art...
Noory always tries to use that as an excuse for the crap that has become C2C.  Funny how there isn't a "George Knapp Sucks!" thread with thousands of posts over the years.  No, Noory, it's not because you're not Art.  You just plain suck.

SciFiAuthor

I stopped listening to George over Oates, that was the last straw that proved to me that the show was being run by some very petty negative corporate culture people. I  tried to listen to one show recently because I was interested in the guest and it was just mind numbing how poor C2C is now. No decent questions asked, no engagement, seemingly no familiarity with the guest, just poor interviewing all around. It's degraded even more than when I still listened regularly. 

Contrast that to Art, when he broke this story it stopped me in my tracks and my ears radar locked on the show. I couldn't even post in the live thread as Art covered it about it because I was that focused on the content of the broadcast. 

As Art continues to gain affiliates, Dave is going get his ass kicked. It's one broadcaster at the top of his game vs. another that's at the bottom.

Quote from: albrecht on October 18, 2015, 05:07:26 PM
Though I don't deserve accolades as Morgus (and some others) I listen to Norry to kill time. Usually when operating loud things and as a sound-suppression system; mowing lawn, working in garage and air compressor on, power-washing deck, using the chainsaw etc. Because the droning cancels loud noise and there is some comedy, inadvertent admittedly, there. With Art? I find I want to listen and even minor chores take the back seat. I also listen to C2C via a replay mechanism so no commercials and no arbitron ratings...so not feeding the iHate beast. My 2 cents.

You've mentioned mowing the lawn to Noory several times.  Do you use noise cancelling earphones, or ram some earbuds into your Ear muffs?  I do my best to protect my hearing (sadly, unsuccessfully) so don't want to use an even louder sound to cover up the mower.  Just curious what you do?

LouSheehan

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 18, 2015, 04:31:04 PM
'Twas the idiocy behind the 'blank check' and the German General Staff. 

Mild Bill

Quote from: Art Bell on October 18, 2015, 04:40:52 PM

Art

Snoory had to consult with Falkie...it took time.