• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

HumanBeing

Quote from: norland2424 on January 01, 2016, 04:31:17 AM
my laptop can only handle rts games lol so i dont platy FPS on it  :)

I hear that. I haven't upgraded my PC since 2013  ???

HumanBeing

The first match and map was amazing.
You could skip to around 20 minutes in.

http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv/v/30594939

I'm addicted

onan

Quote from: norland2424 on January 01, 2016, 04:18:14 AM
anyone know when mod support is coming for fallout 4 on xbox one?

Quote from: trostol on January 01, 2016, 04:22:34 AM
supposed to be early this year i think

I read somewhere 1st or 2nd quarter 2016

Chine

Quote from: zeebo on December 28, 2015, 07:59:21 PM
I had fun settin up my mods for it.  The MGE (M'wind Graphics Extender) is a must.  Visual improvements to NPC's and terrain etc. can bring it closer to modern standards.  (Cool weather & sound mods as well.)

But for me it's not about the pure graphics (which cannot compete with Skyrim), so much as the environment, quests, characters, lore, and purer RPG gameplay (which still imho surpasses both of the later Elder Scrolls games.)  It's just a place I want to explore around in, and soak up the atmosphere ..even though it keeps crushing my weak-ass elf.

Zeebo! Sorry that I don't have a video game related reply.  Just wanted to say Hi and wish you a Happy New Year!

cweb

Quote from: HumanBeing on January 01, 2016, 04:28:08 AM
I'm still in the middle of my first Fallout 4 play through (I added a nice few mods) and still going through The Witcher 3 for the first time.
How do you like Witcher 3? Any negative press I've read about Fallout 4 has been quick to mention Witcher 3 and how cohesive of a game it is. A colleague at work even said that Witcher picks up on the stuff that Fallout seems to miss.

I have a few extra holiday bucks and was wondering if this could be something for when I want a break from Fallout.

trostol

Witcher 3 wasn't bad but there is a lot of , not that you have to do it, tedious side quests ...least i found them that way...

LadyFish

Watching awesome Games Done Quick on Twitch with my kids & enjoying all the speed runs. Played many of these games with the kids multiple times when they were much younger, especially Super Mario Kart. Will be spending the next few hours watching a Super Mario 64 race for all 120 stars!

Hautex

Can anybody tell what the true cost of those "download and play for free games" is? Common sense dictates that game makers cannot stay in business giving shit away, so is it to gain access to our personal info, sell it to spam artists, or make us buy things later... A couple have my interest but with all the scams out here, I be scared...

cweb

A lot of the "free to play" games get their money from microtransactions. This means charging you for access to new characters, levels, or in-game currency. Microtransactions piss me off.

As for some other "free" games- sometimes they display ad banners and get revenue from that. It's also feasible that they spy on you or sell your data, depending on their own ethics.

Hautex

Quote from: cweb on January 04, 2016, 02:36:54 PM
A lot of the "free to play" games get their money from microtransactions. This means charging you for access to new characters, levels, or in-game currency. Microtransactions piss me off.

As for some other "free" games- sometimes they display ad banners and get revenue from that. It's also feasible that they spy on you or sell your data, depending on their own ethics.
Thank you... pretty much what I thought. Wish more folks would notice the tragic loss of personal and professional ethics since we all became only avatars and screen names. If businesses had to look actual people in the eyes before they abused them, it could bring back a trusted handshake instead of accepting a 20 page agreement..

ziznak

Quote from: cweb on January 04, 2016, 02:36:54 PM

there's gamers that play these games "pure" though.  Hence the term "gemmers" used in certain games to denote the players that have actually spent real money on upgrades/whatever.  in clash of clans and dungeon boss it's gems.  I play them both.

you can play for free... but chances are eventually you may think to yourself.... "ahhhh man that new whaddevadafuk would be soo cool to have"

what kind of a game were you looking into or thinking about playing?

trostol

Quote from: Hautex on January 04, 2016, 01:41:49 PM
Can anybody tell what the true cost of those "download and play for free games" is? Common sense dictates that game makers cannot stay in business giving shit away, so is it to gain access to our personal info, sell it to spam artists, or make us buy things later... A couple have my interest but with all the scams out here, I be scared...

i would say some no name company might sell your info maybe..but there isdd a good portion of the F2P from the bigger named companies that are fine...some are pretty good bang for your buck really...a few of the best are

Star Trek Online
Neverwinter
LOTR online
Wildstar isnt bad

cweb

Quote from: ziznak on January 04, 2016, 03:23:05 PM
there's gamers that play these games "pure" though.
yeah, I guess it depends on the quality of the game or the ethics of the company- but some games make it really hard to get anywhere without spending money. I'm sure there are some great games you can just grind through for free. Count me as someone who likes the old-school "pay once" model more.  :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on January 05, 2016, 08:58:46 PM

I'm digging the hedgehog meme lately. If I'm not mistaken it was you who linked to that adorable Facebook video last night.  ;)

trostol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on January 05, 2016, 10:36:18 PM
yeah that was me lol

Lol do you maintain settlements in fo4? If so whats the pop cap ? I went to starlight drivein and it was at 27 settlers :o

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on January 05, 2016, 11:00:46 PM
Lol do you maintain settlements in fo4? If so whats the pop cap ? I went to starlight drivein and it was at 27 settlers :o

27? damn..i thought it was 20 lol i think its double your charisma

as for maintaining it...meh..it gets to be a ton of work

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on January 05, 2016, 11:01:57 PM
27? damn..i thought it was 20 lol i think its double your charisma

as for maintaining it...meh..it gets to be a ton of work

it dropped down to 26 but i had to take a pic with my tablet since i tried making a video clip but my xbox isnt connecting to xbox live

trostol

problem i am having now..i am about to take out the institute ...but i wanna take out the BoS too lol

cweb

Quote from: norland2424 on January 05, 2016, 11:00:46 PM
Heilige sheisse! 27 is a lot of mouths to feed. I hate how useless settlers are. They can't defend the damn settlements (you always have to step in), you have to tell them what to do, and they just piddle around otherwise.

Of course, it's still pretty fun to be able to build a badass tower for my power armor suits, bobbleheads, and magazines.

Quote from: trostol on January 06, 2016, 12:06:04 AM
problem i am having now..i am about to take out the institute ...but i wanna take out the BoS too lol

If you side with the Railroad, you get to take out the BoS and then the Institute. Wiping out the BoS is fun because there's plenty of Power Armor pieces laying around.

pate

Anyone have an uncorrupted copy of SimAnt that can plays well with Win10?

edioted:  For a friend, housebound and overwight &c...  Downright troglodtic(sp) ... erm, sumting?  Eye -n- hip issues, heavy intake of junk foods.  Um, hello?

stenjay

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is the best game I have every played.  That's my recommendation.

trostol

Quote from: pate on January 06, 2016, 08:32:26 AM
Anyone have an uncorrupted copy of SimAnt that can plays well with Win10?

edioted:  For a friend, housebound and overwight &c...  Downright troglodtic(sp) ... erm, sumting?  Eye -n- hip issues, heavy intake of junk foods.  Um, hello?

i checked and i couldnt find it