• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

M Knight

Quote from: Scully on August 15, 2011, 07:27:14 PM
Marc, I LOVE your new avatar!!!!! ;D

Can you somehow pm me one for use elsewhere?

Scully

onan

Quote from: M Knight on August 15, 2011, 07:21:32 PM

... or the display of a sensitive mind.

I am not sure what you are saying. If someone does not like a word by all means do not use it. But I have seen text "f**k it". Now what is the point? Certainly the thought is conveyed. Is someone trying to not sully their hands by typing the correct letters? Sorry it probably should have been left alone, but I was on a tare.

M Knight

Quote from: onan on August 15, 2011, 07:30:13 PM
I am not sure what you are saying. If someone does not like a word by all means do not use it. But I have seen text "f**k it". Now what is the point? Certainly the thought is conveyed. Is someone trying to not sully their hands by typing the correct letters? Sorry it probably should have been left alone, but I was on a tare.

:)

Scully

Excuse me for interrupting your "tare," guys, but I just wanted to tell Marc thanks for posting the Scully and Mulder pic.

I modified my post to leave out my original request for it, but you were so quick to comply that you may have wondered what was going on.  I just figured out that I could save your avatar, so it's all done.

Funny how a picture can be so pleasing! Thanks again.  ;)

M Knight

Quote from: Scully on August 15, 2011, 07:47:29 PM
Excuse me for interrupting your "tare," guys, but I just wanted to tell Marc thanks for posting the Scully and Mulder pic.

I modified my post to leave out my original request for it, but you were so quick to comply that you may have wondered what was going on.  I just figured out that I could save your avatar, so it's all done.

Funny how a picture can be so pleasing! Thanks again.  ;)

Whoever made it really captured the essence of those two.  (cue the x-files music)

Frys Girl

Quote from: onan on August 15, 2011, 07:30:13 PM
Oh lord. Ok I actually think fack is funny because I'm an immigrant and at family gatherings, when some guy got drunk and said it, it came out fack. It's my preferred method of spelling. I didn't mean to offend anyone or cause a stir with the OED. I'm not one to curse in my regular conversation, but online, I let loose. I have cursed a lot here. I really like how the dude said fuck though. "Walter man. You fucked it up! You fucked it up!"

M Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 15, 2011, 07:50:53 PM
Oh lord. Ok I actually think fack is funny because I'm an immigrant and at family gatherings, when some guy got drunk and said it, it came out fack. It's my preferred method of spelling. I didn't mean to offend anyone or cause a stir with the OED.

George Noory Sacks.

onan

I want to clarify a point I made a few posts back.

I stated children living in two homes was a bad idea. Although the statement is true, it is much more complex. I am boring enough so I will keep this short. It is healthier to have children in two homes if the parents are unable to compromise. But divorced families are much more complicated than to sum up with only one qualifier. Most divorced families are of lower income, because there are more low income new families than other demographics. So children living in two homes suffer financially as in less wholesome foods, less access to travel and social events. Most divorced families are acrimonious and shared custody causes an unhealthy competition between parents and the children suffer.

OK Sorry to bore but I didn't want someone walking away without that understanding of my statement.

FG I have no doubt your convictions are based out of what you consider compassion. I have no desire to refute your motivations. FWIW I do get heavy handed and to that I apologize. 

Oh I almost forgot... george noory sucks.

Frys Girl

Quote from: onan on August 15, 2011, 08:09:40 PM
I have no desire to refute your motivations.
My motivation was to make a point that an institution or thing will only last so long as the end of it is preserved. Unfortunately, the end (defined in philosophy as the completeness of something) of marriage isn't always preserved by heterosexuals who marry and have kids. I didn't mean to say all heterosexual marriages preserve the end of marriage just because the marriage involves a man and woman. It's never good to have kids in a war zone, and if the next best thing is two homes, fine, but that is a failure and it hurts kids. Life isn't ideal and people don't make the best/right decisions, obviously, but that doesn't those actions OK or right.
As for what I "consider to be compassion", that's not what my statements are rooted in. It's more to do with ethics. This is a thread to do with "stupid random things on your mind." Our discussion is getting heavy and sensitive and far from stupid, and I don't want to be a thread jacker. It violates the TOS. Onan, it's good to debate and discuss even if we don't agree. We're not animals.

The General

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 15, 2011, 08:21:48 PM
As for what I "consider to be compassion", that's not what my statements are rooted in. It's more to do with ethics. This is a thread to do with "stupid random things on your mind." Our discussion is getting heavy and sensitive and far from stupid, and I don't want to be a thread jacker. It violates the TOS. Onan, it's good to debate and discuss even if we don't agree. We're not animals.
I know just what you mean.  My heart, my compassion, goes out to homosexuals who wish to marry their partners.  It isn't fair.  But it also isn't a marriage, and a lot of things in life aren't fair.  I'm tired of hearing that the definition of the word marriage is somehow bigoted.  To believe that, you must believe that every society on earth, every civilization, every spiritual leader, every religion EVER since time began is bigoted.  Please.

onan

Quote from: The General on August 15, 2011, 08:41:27 PM
I know just what you mean.  My heart, my compassion, goes out to homosexuals who wish to marry their partners.  It isn't fair.  But it also isn't a marriage, and a lot of things in life aren't fair.  I'm tired of hearing that the definition of the word marriage is somehow bigoted.  To believe that, you must believe that every society on earth, every civilization, every spiritual leader, every religion EVER since time began is bigoted.  Please.

I do believe all religions are bigoted. Spiritual leaders... I dunno. I am not convinced there was an actual Jesus. I dunno about others. But religions, definitely think outsiders are less than. Every society has enough nationalism to separate the We's from the Thou's.

Yeah lots of things in life are unfair. Cancer, tornadoes, sharks all unfair. But the social stuff, that is why laws are enacted to make sure (in this country) everyone has similar opportunities.

As for whether you consider a same sex union a marriage or not is just semantics.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on August 15, 2011, 07:16:58 PM
There are many reasons why marriages are not working in this country and none of them have a thing to do with homosexuality.

Man I missed you guys.  I am rarely dissapointed with the conversations rolling along here.  (Steeping up to the bar) I'll have whatever you all have been drinking, smoking or whatever.  Carry on.

Avi

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 15, 2011, 10:02:21 PM(Steeping up to the bar) I'll have whatever you all have been drinking, smoking or whatever.

Let's see. That would be Brazin, 2008, Old Vine Zin from Lodi estates that accompanied the hottest curried Pad-Thai noodles evah. Amateurs need not apply.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on August 15, 2011, 06:24:56 PM
I don't ever want our little girls to ask each other, "When you grow up, will you marry a man or a woman?"  That, in a nutshell is why I will always oppose the radical notion of redefining marriage.  It is, in my opinion, a move that has been put forward by nefarious forces that are only using gay groups as pawns in their larger scheme of further eroding the family and replacing it with the government.
Point taken.

Sent from my Droid X.

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 15, 2011, 10:02:21 PM
Man I missed you guys.  I am rarely dissapointed with the conversations rolling along here.  (Steeping up to the bar) I'll have whatever you all have been drinking, smoking or whatever.  Carry on.

Missed you, too al.  Hope you're all settled in now and can be posting more often. :) 
Like the weather any better yet??    ;)

onan

What the hell is going on with Fox news and Ron Paul.

This is frikken crazy making. I watched the Monday 8/15/11 episode of the daily show this morning on HULU. The Iowa straw poll was won by Bachmann. Ron Paul came in a very close second less than 200 votes different. But no mention from from Fox.

I know MV posted this concern yesterday, I think, this is beyond weird.

WTF is up... If you can watch the first 10 minutes of the daily show... I know its comedy, but man, weird.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Treading Water on August 16, 2011, 05:13:39 AM
Missed you, too al.  Hope you're all settled in now and can be posting more often. :) 
Like the weather any better yet??    ;)

I found a nice situation where it is sunny, hot, dry- just the way we desert rats like it.  I miss cacti however, and a certain bone-searing sun intensity that goes with.  There is one thing here that has made my longing for home more bearable.  Blackberries!

Enjoying catching up with the post Noory game analysis here and the various personality inflections we all bring to the Noory sucks table.

Let me ask you this- I am not (not anymore anyway) the apocalyptic type and I don't want to sound like Noory asking his usual asshat unanswerable question, but is everything a couple of notches higher on the weirdness scale lately or is it just me?

MV/Liberace!

could everyone please stop naming your female offspring kaitlyn?  thanks.

pabigfoot

Could be, Mike, when there is plenty of room for more Minervas, Pearls, and Olives (!) ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pabigfoot on August 16, 2011, 09:10:49 AM
    Could be, Mike, when there is plenty of room for more Minervas, Pearls, and Olives (!) ;D
hey, minerva!  now there's a name!!

MV/Liberace!

i'm so sick of listening to this fat pig woman yammering into the phone right outside my office window.  OKAY.  WE GET IT.  THE RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE.  ENOUGH, ALREADY.

BobGrau

Everything is weirder now you're back, aldous.

Frys Girl

Pardon me. I'm going to sound like Dennis the Meance's grumpy old neighbor, but I'm really fed up with these soap companies. For a while now, I have started using Dial anti-bacterial soap instead of my usual fancy non-sulfate soap. It's Mountain Fresh and it's fine. However, what the hell do they think we are dumb? They are curving the soaps in the middle now, for no good reason. It doesn't help grip the soap any better. It's not soap for prison anyway, so this curving is nothing other than a cheap move in my eyes. I want more soap, not less, for my bucks.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 16, 2011, 02:45:20 PM
Pardon me. I'm going to sound like Dennis the Meance's grumpy old neighbor, but I'm really fed up with these soap companies. For a while now, I have started using Dial anti-bacterial soap instead of my usual fancy non-sulfate soap. It's Mountain Fresh and it's fine. However, what the hell do they think we are dumb? They are curving the soaps in the middle now, for no good reason. It doesn't help grip the soap any better. It's not soap for prison anyway, so this curving is nothing other than a cheap move in my eyes. I want more soap, not less, for my bucks.
perhaps it's purportedly to keep a a majority of the bar from getting mushy in water after you set it down.  however, i'm with you.

pabigfoot

Who was it who said "Nobody ever lost a dime by overestimating the intelligence of the American public" ?

to hell with soap! Who can find the time with WOW and CoastGab going on 24/7.

MV/Liberace!

i see i have 22 pages of threads containing unread posts.  i'm sure it's due to my use of this shitty tapatalk app on my droid x.  sooooo... if you've directly said something to me in a thread and i haven't responded, now you know why.  nothing personal.

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 16, 2011, 02:45:20 PM
what the hell do they think we are dumb?  I want more soap, not less, for my bucks.

Not just soap.  16 ounce cans are now 14 ounces.  Look at the bottom of one of those big pop bottles. 
Yes, they do think we are dumb.

Eddie Coyle

This is random and stupid.

There was an ad here for something called Vocapeople...and they creeped me out. It took me back to 1978, when I was scared shitless by KISS(Gene above all) and Mummenschanz on the Muppet Show.

And Chuck Barris used to scare me, too.