• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

RcCle

The "Close Door" button on elevators does not do anything according to the  Schindler elevator guy.

albrecht

Quote from: RcCle on June 27, 2014, 04:10:03 PM
The "Close Door" button on elevators does not do anything according to the  Schindler elevator guy.
I've always heard that also. Wonder if true? Someone also told me the "cross-walk" button on street corners is similar deal. Just for show and to keep people occupied. Walk signal will come on simply when the traffic light pattern is correct....not because you are pressing a button.

What about hitting the call button over and over when you're waiting in the hall?  That still speeds up the elevator, doesn't it??   ::)

Quote from: RcCle on June 27, 2014, 04:10:03 PM

As long as the horn works, I'm good

Bart Ell

Sid Vicious toyed with using the name Sid Caesarean.

jazmunda

In 1954, Bob Hawke was immortalised by the Guinness Book of Records for chugging 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds. Bob later became the Prime Minister of Australia.

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 27, 2014, 06:49:27 PM
Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

In Uruguay, biting an opponent during a soccer match is also legal under the same circumstances

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 27, 2014, 07:23:56 PM

In Uruguay, biting an opponent during a soccer match is also legal under the same circumstances
Has anyone asked the obvious question? Is this guy a vampire?

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on June 27, 2014, 07:34:56 PM
Has anyone asked the obvious question? Is this guy a vampire?

No but apparently he was a mean baby.

It's impossible to get pregnant while listening to George Noory

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 28, 2014, 01:52:25 AM
It's impossible to get pregnant while listening to George Noory

I think we need to test this scientifically.

onan

Russia has the same surface area as Pluto.

jazmunda

In 2007, it was estimated that 22 per cent of living Australians (21 million) had a Convict ancestor. Contrary to popular belief I was not one of them.

Porky's is the most successful Canadian movie ever made.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: onan on June 28, 2014, 08:03:48 PM
Russia has the same surface area as Pluto.

And is only slightly more inhabitable.

Quote from: jazmunda on June 28, 2014, 08:07:54 PM
In 2007, it was estimated that 22 per cent of living Australians (21 million) had a Convict ancestor. Contrary to popular belief I was not one of them.
So Jazmunda, your telling us that we should not get our facts from Falkie.

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on June 28, 2014, 08:30:34 PM
Porky's is the most successful Canadian movie ever made.

[attachimg=1]

That is the dumbest, silliest movie ever and I was on the floor wetting myself laughing the first time I saw it. Inside this bod lies the soul of a 12 year old. A really, really immature 12 year old.

Here's my fact: A praying mantis has one ear.     I had to look long and hard for that piece of fascinating trivia.

coaster

Heres a fact. George Noory breathes through his anus and defecates out of his mouth.

eddie dean

Quote from: coaster on June 28, 2014, 11:39:06 PM
Heres a fact. George Noory breathes through his anus and defecates out of his mouth.

Fecal vomiting (aka stercoraceous AKA Gnooraceous vomiting) is a kind of vomiting, or emesis, in which partially or fully digested matter is expelled from the intestines into the stomach, by a combination of liquid and gas pressure and spasmodic contractions of the gastric muscles, and then subsequently forcefully expelled from the stomach up into the esophagus and out through the mouth and sometimes nasal passages. Though it is not usually fecal matter that is expelled, it smells noxious. Alternative medical terms for fecal vomiting are copremesis and stercoraceous vomiting.  Copremesis like all emesis may lead to aspiration. However, if contents of the large intestine are aspirated, severe or even fatal aspiration pneumonia results, secondary to the massive number of bacteria normally present distal to the ileocecal valve.

Yorkshire pud

Bruce Dickinson (Lead singer of Iron Maiden) is not only an airline pilot, but an expert fencer; known to have planted ten miles of picket fencing in one hour on his own*...

*No, not that kind of fencing.

Yorkshire pud

Can someone confirm: Having sex doggy style in Virginia is illegal. (With a bloke and a woman)

maureen

House flies do not perceive slow motion.

The Zen Art of Fly-swatting!!

Yorkshire pud

The hide that goes into Rolls Royce cars comes only from bulls, to avoid stretch marks...and the field they live in has no barbed wire to avoid damage. Mr Henry Royce was the engineer, and to the day Rolls Royce engines in Derby is known as 'Royce's' by it's staff as an acknowledgement of the engineering brilliance of old Henry.

maureen

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 29, 2014, 12:38:25 PM
The hide that goes into Rolls Royce cars comes only from bulls, to avoid stretch marks...and the field they live in has no barbed wire to avoid damage. Mr Henry Royce was the engineer, and to the day Rolls Royce engines in Derby is known as 'Royce's' by it's staff as an acknowledgement of the engineering brilliance of old Henry.
... and the dashboard is changed for free if the termites attack!!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: maureen on June 29, 2014, 02:11:50 PM
... and the dashboard is changed for free if the termites attack!!

And they don't break down...they merely fail to proceed.  ;D

Eddie Coyle

Jokes about Art Linkletter's daughter go over the head of most young people**.

** Young people would include anybody born post-JFK admin.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 29, 2014, 02:41:12 PM
     Jokes about Art Linkletter's daughter go over the head of most young people**.

** Young people would include anybody born post-JFK admin.

you kids say the darndest things.

eddie dean

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 29, 2014, 05:44:41 AM
Can someone confirm: Having sex doggy style in Virginia is illegal. (With a bloke and a woman)

Are you planning a trip to the states? ;)

Related fact:
Oral sex was agaist the law in as many as 14 states until 2003 when the Supreme Court ruled on Lawerence vs Texas.