• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lisa Garr

Started by yumyumtree, May 10, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

zeebo

Not to be a contrarian, but I thought Ms. Lisa was actually ok last nite.  The subject matter was better than last time so that helped.  But I was pretty sleepy and I think I was more just enjoying her relaxing voice, which I think is pleasant and calming, kind of like the lady on my GPS.

Nebraska888

There is no denying that Lisa has a voice for radio.  And, there is no denying that she was far far better than Noory!

Maybe she bugged me because she seemed to be trying too hard.  Who can criticize that?  Ha!  I should probably rethink my initial reaction to her.

Rob Simone cancelled......and Lisa stepped up to the plate the last minute.....AND WAS STILL BETTER PREPARED THAN NOORY EVER IS!

coaster

I enjoyed last night's show. While the second guest was a bit dull, it was still a welcome change. Not one did I hear Lisa Garr ask "are planets portals?" That alone makes it a good show.

Birdie

She is definitely better prepared than Jorch, but I do not care for the New Age subject matter she has chosen so far in her hosting spots. I only made it about 20 minutes into the second guest. There is only so much New Age discussion I can take before my brain involuntarily shuts off.
For me, her voice is a little to mellow- it puts me to sleep.

coaster

Quote from: Birdie on May 18, 2014, 06:23:17 PM
She is definitely better prepared than Jorch, but I do not care for the New Age subject matter she has chosen so far in her hosting spots.
She didnt choose the subject though did she? I thought she just filled in for Rob Simone and the guests were already scheduled.

Birdie

Quote from: coaster on May 18, 2014, 07:08:12 PM
She didnt choose the subject though did she? I thought she just filled in for Rob Simone and the guests were already scheduled.
Good point- I didn't even think of that. I assumed it was her topic since that seems to be her area of interest.

wr250

Quote from: Birdie on May 18, 2014, 06:23:17 PM
She is definitely better prepared than Jorch.

noone is better prepared than jorch. i mean jorch has the 3x5 cards tommy made up for each any show.

fixed.

coaster

Quote from: wr250 on May 18, 2014, 08:25:08 PM
noone is better prepared than jorch. i mean jorch has the 3x5 cards tommy made up for each show.
Its the same stack of cards every night. They just shuffle them before the start of each show.

Jamal Abanane

When she introduces herself at the start, I hear "Hi, I'm Lee Cigar"...
LoL

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jamal Abanane on May 18, 2014, 10:04:31 PM
LoL
Lease a car?

paladin1991

Quote from: Jamal Abanane on May 18, 2014, 10:04:31 PM
LoL
Hmmm.  I'd probably smoke that.

BattyBrooke

If this thread proves anything, it is this: Night time thoughts and opinions are real/genuine/true (Lisa sucks) and morning-after thoughts (on second thought, Lisa rocks!) are fueled by copious amounts of coffee and possibly cardio-exercise endorphins.

paladin1991

Did I ever tell you guys that when I was a kid, I had this HUUUUGE thing for Terri Garr?

paladin1991

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 29, 2014, 03:01:02 AM
Garr sucks.
You don't say.

But that reminds me of when I was a kid.  I had this thing, I mean this huuuuge thing for Terri Garr.  She was my young boys MILF before I knew what a MILF was.

zeebo

What's with the 15-second intro then cut to commercials?

zeebo

So far I'm enjoying Ms. Lisa tonite.  She has a reasonably articulate way of speaking and seems genuinely interested in the conversation.  For the Noory-traumatized like me, this is enough to keep me tuned in for awhile at least. 

(But please skip the Stairway to Heaven bumper music going forward - that song needs to be put on hiatus for a decade or so.)

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on June 21, 2014, 11:34:12 PM
So far I'm enjoying Ms. Lisa tonite.  She has a reasonably articulate way of speaking and seems genuinely interested in the conversation.  For the Noory-traumatized like me, this is enough to keep me tuned in for awhile at least. 

(But please skip the Stairway to Heaven bumper music going forward - that song needs to be put on hiatus for a decade or so.)

Me too.....so far, so good.........but, yes......Stairway to Heaven has served its purpose.  Just like Noory's RED RUBBER BALL!   :o

WOTR

Quote from: Nebraska888 on June 21, 2014, 11:43:18 PM
Me too.....so far, so good
I am happy that it sounds better tonight than the rest of the week.  To be honest, I could not make it through the introduction.  We are going to discuss Heaven and Hell and decide if they are "real" places?  It is just one of those topics I cannot take regardless of who is hosting.

I love watching debates on the subject (with intelligent people taking part) but cannot imagine a host and one person with a certain view pushing it on me for hours (and I do not care if they are pro religion or pro atheism.)  Toss in what will undoubtedly be new age "evidence" and you have a recipe that will cause yet another radio to be tossed out of a closed window... I had to turn it off.

Perhaps one of my favourite videos that I veiwed recently was with Dawkins and Hasan (a Muslim).  Watching it was pure gold (the most memorable part was Dawkins quietly saying that despite what he wrote in his book, that he did not believe that Medhi was abusing his child by teaching her about "myths.")  I like Dawkins- but some of what he writes is a little overboard and there for the shock value... It was nice to hear the admission.  On the other hand, he holds his own very well considering it was an interview and not a debate.  The interviewer prepared questions and picked topics- Dawkins had to defend.  Two extraordinarily intelligent men square off at the Oxford Union and despite holding very different views manage to be respectful and civil (too bad more of us cannot say the same when we discuss this topic.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRd-jlV82BI

pate

My hearing isn't so great, but did I just hear tonight's show close with:

"Until next time, stay away?"

I may have paraphrased that a bit.  But, I swear that is how my barely functional ears relayed the audio to my brain. Or something very close to that, that's the quote I am sticking with until corrected....

Nebraska888

Quote from: pate on June 22, 2014, 03:11:15 AM
My hearing isn't so great, but did I just hear tonight's show close with:

"Until next time, stay away?"

I may have paraphrased that a bit.  But, I swear that is how my barely functional ears relayed the audio to my brain. Or something very close to that, that's the quote I am sticking with until corrected....

Ha!  She said:  Stay aware.

pate

Dammit!  Foiled again!

See you next time fNoordy Lover!

-disappears in cloud of smoke

(at least that is how the villain is to be seen on screen{mind}...)

{editors note: this guy is obviously whacko, but his pschycosis gives us some good scenes... quit harshing the vibe, yo'}

wr250

Quote from: zeebo on June 21, 2014, 11:10:15 PM
What's with the 15-second intro then cut to commercials?

well better than noorys intro/commercial all rolled into one.

paladin1991

Oh, I missed her.   Man I used to have this incredibly huuuge thing for Teri Garr.  Any chance that Gabcast could interview Teri?

pyewacket

I tried listening and barely made it through the first hour. She was complimenting George so much! Is that a condition for her to host the weekend show? I wouldn't be surprised. She's too perky for me. The guest was not my cup of tea, so I won't hold that against her.

He was spouting a mish mash of new age fairy dust that I've heard for the last 20+ years. In my younger years, I read a lot of new age books and went to quite a few psychic fairs and eventually got tired of the money machine it became.

Based on what I was able to sit through- not a good show and not my favorite non-jorch  host.