• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 05, 2011, 11:47:59 AM
How can you hear this song without hearing Ross Mitchell's "Wanna take a ride? Call Art Bell, on the wildcard line!"
haha!!!  yes, you are right.  i have the same reaction with every art bell bumper song i hear.  imagine the insanity anyone else would perceive on your part for thinking there should be some man talking over these songs, LOL... but i think the same thing every time i hear these tunes.

YNOT

You know you got me thinking...What does Ross Mitchell look like?

http://www.kkoh.com/article.asp?id=514114

Silent

Does anyone know what the theme music from Dreamland is?  I always like that one.

Ray Lynch - "The Oh Of Pleasure" from the album Deep Breakfast

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on April 08, 2011, 09:19:16 PM
Does anyone know what the theme music from Dreamland is?  I always like that one.
i have a feeling that one is probably from a production library.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on April 08, 2011, 09:26:43 PM

Ray Lynch - The Oh Of Pleasure
from the the cd 'Deep Breakfast.'

Windham Hill Records
jesus christ.  home run, brother.

The General

Quote from: Michael V. on April 08, 2011, 09:27:23 PM
jesus christ.  home run, brother.

HA ha....  Guildnav had it first so I deleted my post.

Silent

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 08, 2011, 09:25:05 PM
Ray Lynch - "The Oh Of Pleasure" from the album Deep Breakfast

That was fast, thanks man.  On a side note I've always wondered what your name and avatar were all about.  But don't tell me since it would ruin the mystique i've built inside my head.   :D

HAL 9000

Ray Lynch's
The Oh of Pleasure
Dreamland Intro Music

It sounds to me like the Youtube video version of "The Oh of Pleasure" is from a vinyl record full of pops and clicks.

As best I can tell, the two versions I've attached below are the highest quality you may find. Because of when the album was made, there is noticeable hiss, so I included the original version, as well as a version I made by using a "hiss profile" from the original recording and removing that set of freqencies. There is always a trade-off. I personally prefer the "removed hiss" version.

I did enhance both recordings by boosting certain frequency ranges via a graphic equalizer.

Enjoy both by downloading the attached mp3 files:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: HAL 9000 on April 09, 2011, 12:14:32 AM
Ray Lynch's
The Oh of Pleasure
Dreamland Intro Music
It sounds to me like the Youtube video version of "The Oh of Pleasure" is from a vinyl record full of pops and clicks.

As best I can tell, the two versions I've attached below are the highest quality you may find. Because of when the album was made, there is noticeable hiss, so I included the original version, as well as a version I made by using a "hiss profile" from the original recording and removing that set of freqencies. There is always a trade-off. I personally prefer the "removed hiss" version.

I did enhance both recordings by boosting certain frequency ranges via a graphic equalizer.

HAL, thanks so much for this, and great timing.  I'll drop it into a playlist with Tangerine Dream, Eno, and Vangelis, and I'll be cool for my flight tomorrow.  Great chill out tune.

HAL 9000

Ray Lynch's
The Oh of Pleasure
Dreamland Intro Music

One last iteration of the tune - as if there wasn't enough reverb in the song, I played around a bit, and added some additional "slap-back delay" for added reverb which I think is tastefully done. Purists may not agree, but hey, it's free!

See attachment for download:

Marc.Knight

Quote from: HAL 9000 on April 09, 2011, 12:14:32 AM
Ray Lynch's
The Oh of Pleasure
Dreamland Intro Music

It is interesting... when I listen to this I at the same time think of the genius of Art, and his acute absence from the airwaves.  Something like a tribute and a musical dirge at the same time.  It is not about his death, but the cavernous hole the removal of his power has left us with.

coastfan

I, too, hear the Voice whenever an Art Bell bumper tune comes on.

getting me to like a country/western song is like squeezing blood out of a rock, but this is good:

The Springfields- "Silver Threads and Golden Needles" (with Lyrics)

edit: it's because of Art Bell's show that I find this agreeable, and that's probably the only reason?

Fly By Night

This really makes me think of Art...ladies and gentlemen, Jigsaw

Jigsaw - Sky High

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Fly By Night on April 13, 2011, 07:20:43 PM
This really makes me think of Art...ladies and gentlemen, Jigsaw

Jigsaw - Sky High
Sky high, don't leave me this way, dancing queen, and livin' thing (ELO) remind me of art more than any other songs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Eddie Coyle

Neil Diamond's "Prologue" and N Sinatra/L Hazelwood  "Some Velvet Morning" and the Babys "Isn't It Time" also = Art Bell- in my mind. The Neil Diamond one really caused a crisis of conscience,because I didn't know it was him and upon finding that out, it forced me to admit that I kind of liked something from Neil fucking Diamond.

Quote from: Michael V. on April 13, 2011, 09:48:27 PM
Sky high, don't leave me this way, dancing queen, and livin' thing (ELO) remind me of art more than any other songs.

Sent from my DROIDX

Definitely.  Fully agree, but there is one more song.....

.......yeah, Ride My See-Saw.

Right Back Where We Started From is up there too, but it always makes me think of Slapshot first, and Art Bell second.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on April 13, 2011, 09:59:23 PM

Definitely.  Fully agree, but there is one more song.....
Oh?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on April 13, 2011, 10:06:38 PM
.......yeah, Ride My See-Saw.

Right Back Where We Started From is up there too, but it always makes me think of Slapshot first, and Art Bell second.
Yeah, that's definitely also one. Seesaw sounds odd to me without Ross Mitchell's voice pounding over the top of it.

aldousburbank

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 12, 2011, 08:16:53 PM
getting me to like a country/western song is like squeezing blood out of a rock, but this is good:

Guild,

Your post reminded me of this one: