• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Catsmile

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 02:32:55 AM
Business class internet. Phone lines. Backup internet?

Even if she had some commercials that were paying her and not Vera I don’t see how she is going to make ends meet.  She still doesn’t have a subscription services set up and tested. You bet I would trust Carl with my cc#. Sharon looks like she needs a healthy food budget.

It seems shes done nothing/little getting her ducks in a row. Will she want a producer? Taxes due every quarter, need an accountant helping with deductions, or get hit hard >50%. WebMonkey Fees, Server space and bandwidth for downloads. $55,000.00 shrinks fast. Taxes alone could eat 16K off the top per year. FICA she will have to pay in full being self-employed. Health Insurance... Et al. All assuming 1000 subscribers.   

# FlusterCuck

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Kolchak on May 14, 2018, 03:04:36 AM
No, there isn’t. She broke her non-compete. It seems Keith was willing to waive that. But since she decided to bring the battle to him, he’ll fight back on the right side of the law.

It would be one bad week for her to quit sniffing glue.

DarKPenguiN

This whole thing is so bizarre.

I cannot believe the listener numbers/amount of countries she claims to be reaching with LNM unless thats just the amount of countries who have internet access and could potentially be listening to a stream.

I'm starting to think she really believes it based on some sweet talk and/or skewed statistics given to her by Vera/Vara/whatever his fucking name is... That guy is like the internet radio version of a used car salesmen who specializes in 'bad credit' cases.

I highly doubt anyone over there is making any real money, especially once the time and effort they put into their work is accounted for.

Theres like maybe 1 or 2 of these internet radio networks that operate on the up and up imho and sadly they dont have the listen numbers for anyone to really be making a basic living off of internet radio.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 14, 2018, 02:55:18 AM
Thanks PG :) So what's the monetization profile like for them do you think?

What profile? ;)

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 14, 2018, 03:07:39 AM
It would be one bad week for her to quit sniffing glue.
Every week is a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

You shouldnt be a quitter. Quitters never win and winners never quit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 14, 2018, 02:49:10 AM
LNM peak listeners 432.

http://50.7.71.219:7228/

If you're a mobile listener their stream is also 128kbps.

Here are some other streams they linked to on their website

Kolchak

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 14, 2018, 03:07:42 AM
i’m starting to think she really believes it based on some sweet talk and/or skewed statistics given to her by Vera/Vara/whatever his fucking name is... That guy is like the internet radio version of a used car salesmen who specializes in 'bad credit' cases.

I highly doubt anyone over there is making any real money, especially once the time and effort they put into their work is accounted for.

Theres like maybe 1 or 2 of these internet radio networks that operate on the up and up imho and sadly they dont have the listen numbers for anyone to really be making a basic living off of internet radio.

Ask a friend if they know about LNM. Hint: They won’t.

The only thing that made DMRN a known quantity is Art Bell. 

Keith gets the leftover subscribers. Heater Gets the geriatric facebook groups.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 14, 2018, 03:09:28 AM
Every week is a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

You shouldnt be a quitter. Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Yeah, that's fundamentally true. Persevere and you tend to win.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on May 14, 2018, 03:12:17 AM

And now Good Dave brings a band of loyal followers from his podcasts. He has 74k twitter followers. Heather had 4300.

Nobody

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 14, 2018, 01:37:28 AM
They apparently have an affiliate manager, maybe they manage internet website and apps and call that affiliates.

If anyone ever uncovers any affiliates, can they please post them?

LNM strikes me as being a very earnest group.  So earnest that I am having a difficult time imagining anyone ever wanting to be aligned with them in any way whatever.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 14, 2018, 03:14:06 AM
Yeah, that's fundamentally true. Persevere and you tend to win.

With a million listeners I doubt if Paul and Ella will ever get an open line. I wonder if Juan Cena will still call in.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Kolchak on May 14, 2018, 03:12:17 AM

Exactly and DMRN (because of Bell) could have really skyrocketed until Art quit.

Right now unless you're willing to be a hobbyist or barely scrape by theres just no real method of making a living off of internet radio (without an already established name) and the amount of competition is staggering.

I'm seriously brainstorming ideas for a platform that operates similar to Steam but for podcasting/online radio- Something is going to come along and change everything up making monetization actually feasible and man, would be nice to figure it out and get in on the ground floor.

Kolchak

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 03:16:09 AM
And now Good Dave brings a band of loyal followers from his podcasts. He has 74k twitter followers. Heather had 4300.

Good Dave is 10X The host Heater is. A discnering audience knows this. Keith knows this. After a month of Heather shows even the lost loyal of followers can’t help but catch a listen,and that’s where they’ll get their time travelers.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 03:18:46 AM
With a million listeners I doubt if Paul and Ella will ever get an open line. I wonder if Juan Cena will still call in.

I would imagine that depends on how useful they are?

Catsmile

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 14, 2018, 03:20:02 AM
Exactly and DMRN (because of Bell) could have really skyrocketed until Art quit.

Right now unless you're willing to be a hobbyist or barely scrape by theres just no real method of making a living off of internet radio (without an already established name) and the amount of competition is staggering.

I'm seriously brainstorming ideas for a platform that operates similar to Steam but for podcasting/online radio- Something is going to come along and change everything up making monetization actually feasible and man, would be nice to figure it out and get in on the ground floor.

# GooTube
# Twitch

PrairieGhost

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 03:10:07 AM
Here are some other streams they linked to on their website

They all use the same stream link. LNM's

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Catsmile on May 14, 2018, 03:23:02 AM
# GooTube
# Twitch
Nah- Not the same.

I dont want to derail this thread to the ends of the earth but something more akin to steam than youtube so people could purchase shows and subscriptions and have them all in one place while running multiple streams where commercials are sold through entire blocks of programs- Its complex and probably costly to start up but it is something ive been kicking around with a couple friends I have who are programmers...Still just in the bullshitting and brainstorming phase though.

-Theres money to be made here but getting the programs and the customers all in one spot is pertinent to getting that money in any real amount lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 14, 2018, 03:27:53 AM
Nah- Not the same.

I dont want to derail this thread to the ends of the earth but something more akin to steam than youtube so people could purchase shows and subscriptions and have them all in one place while running multiple streams where commercials are sold through entire blocks of programs- Its complex and probably costly to start up but it is something ive been kicking around with a couple friends I have who are programmers...Still just in the bullshitting and brainstorming phase though.

-Theres money to be made here but getting the programs and the customers all in one spot is pertinent to getting that money in any real amount lol

Podhub.com

GravitySucks

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 14, 2018, 03:23:56 AM
They all use the same stream link. LNM's

I predict it peaks at 1257 for the first night. We should start a pool.

Friday

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 03:38:12 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: username on May 14, 2018, 03:50:35 AM
youtu.be/1qg_t4BDauM

Here you go

Thanks for asking some of my questions.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 03:38:12 AM

Sammi

Quote from: Dexwithers on May 14, 2018, 01:11:00 AM
Wow. She believes she has millions of listers. She hasn't even gone on the air yet. And Monday is gonna be her first and last show cause Keith is gonna sue the crap out of her.

No way.. My former co-host & I had queried Keith about getting our show rebroadcast on DMDN, and when we told Keith we have a live listenership that averages 25k at any given time, he couldn't understand why we wanted to be on DMDN and asked us in detail about how our stats were tabulated.  It seemed like DMDN had lower stats.  So no effing way does she getting a million listeners.  That would mean Heather is getting better nighty ratings than most CW & cable tv shows.  She also would show up on some sort of ranking list.

edit: She's claiming LMN reaches over a million people?  A network no ones heard of?   The station I'm with has been around since the 90's and is the top online rock station, idk the current states but in 2016 it was averaging 5mil unique monthly listeners.. That being said the top rated shows on the station max out in the 100k listeners area.    No way in hell is Heather garnering more listeners on a station no ones heard of.

Kolchak

Quote from: Dexwithers on May 14, 2018, 01:11:00 AM
Wow. She believes she has millions of listers. She hasn't even gone on the air yet. And Monday is gonna be her first and last show cause Keith is gonna sue the crap out of her.

Kate Kamara deals with all the affiliates. You know, the hundreds of affiliates not listed on the LNM website. Not a single one.

Friday

Quote from: Sammi on May 14, 2018, 04:31:22 AM
No way.. My former co-host & I had queried Keith about getting our show rebroadcast on DMDN, and when we told Keith we have a live listenership that averages 25k at any given time, he couldn't understand why we wanted to be on DMDN and asked us in detail about how our stats were tabulated.  It seemed like DMDN had lower stats.  So no effing way does she getting a million listeners.  That would mean Heather is getting better nighty ratings than most CW & cable tv shows.  She also would show up on some sort of ranking list.

BTW to the person who said C2C gets 300k, I thought they got 10mil or at least thats what Tom Delonge claimed in his wiki leaks to Pedestal.

This is why I am starting to think this is a scam.  Either it's a scam or ignorance of epic proportions.

Kolchak

Quote from: username on May 14, 2018, 04:12:33 AM
No problem buddy.

I've always found your voice hard to listen to, but I have to give you credit where credit is due. You asked the right questions. This was an interesting interview and a fantastic exclusive. Well done.

Wish you had pressed a bit harder on some things, but I get why you didn't.

Karen's words about Heather regretting not going to the funeral will be very telling.

Sammi

Quote from: Friday on May 14, 2018, 04:35:20 AM
This is why I am starting to think this is a scam.  Either it's a scam or ignorance of epic proportions.

As I put in the edit above.. The station I'm with has been around for 19 years (I used to listen to it back when I was 14 and I'm 28 now), was started by someone high up at MTV, and has celebrity investor and people from famous bands have talk shows on it and is partnered with major companies... It's the largest online rock station and as of 2016 was getting 5.5 mil unique monthly listeners (idk the current stats for the overall station.. But back then it was on the Triton list next to ESPN and Iheart stations as far as stuff being tabulated)...  And from what I know the top shows on the station get in the 100k range for listeners.. So I have a really hard time believing Heather is really projected get 1mil listeners on a station no ones ever heard of.   I would honestly have a hard time believing that Art Bell or George Noory would be getting those numbers on an unknown station on such short notice w/ like zero promo.

The biggest point I can make is... WHO OUTSIDE OF HEATHER'S FACEBOOK AND TWITTER EVEN KNOWS ABOUT HER BEING ON LMN?!   Facebook has a cap of 5000 friends and her twitter has like 1000 followers?  And out of that number you can only expect a small fraction to actually listen, I mean maybe it's different for Heather but just bc I have x number of followers doesn't equal I'm getting x numbers of listeners or purchasers whether it's for radio or music.   I don't even think a million people are aware Heather Wade exists.

Kolchak

Quote from: Sammi on May 14, 2018, 04:45:14 AM
The station I'm with has been around for 19 years (I used to listen to it back when I was 14 and I'm 28 now)

28-year-olds of Bellgab, Unite!