• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 01, 2017, 05:31:14 PM
As far as money examples - taking donations for billboards and charging 5$ a month for archives. I am sorry but accepting peoples moneys for those archives when there are so many good free programs just isn't a realistic business plan and only increases the negativity surrounding the network.

Heather would do just fine if she wasn't marketed as Art's replacement and wasn't charging money for archives. It feels like a bait and switch thing just like Sirius. It hurts Heather more than anyone else.

As far as the talent issue well Keith treated many hosts like complete shit just for asking to be on his fledgling network. A case of overestimating ones own negotiating power. 

Then Heather Wade, who has no broadcasting credentials gets put right there on the Iron Throne. How about not turning away legitimate talent and not doing special favors for attractive females?

You poor heartbroken soul , what happened to Heather The Feather ?

What happened to the real Art Bell?

scentless

Does anyone happen to remember the show where Art has a stuttering guest? It was awesome. About 2 minutes in to greeting this man Art realized he had a stutterer on his hands. He didn't point it out but rather asked the gentleman is he had a cold and would like to come back another day. The guy agreed and Art dumped that guest. Funniest ten minutes of Art Bell show ever. I'd drop a hamilton for that file if anyone has it.

mikuthing01

Quote from: scentless on April 02, 2017, 07:57:52 PM
Does anyone happen to remember the show where Art has a stuttering guest? It was awesome. About 2 minutes in to greeting this man Art realized he had a stutterer on his hands. He didn't point it out but rather asked the gentleman is he had a cold and would like to come back another day. The guy agreed and Art dumped that guest. Funniest ten minutes of Art Bell show ever. I'd drop a hamilton for that file if anyone has it.

That sounds funny was this on MITD or c2c?

scentless

Def c2c.

I've tried and tried to find it, I can't. Don't recall the topic. The guest was male. That really narrows it down, I know. It was just so funny.

Element 115

It was Dr. Rick Strassman:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2006/08/26

You can PayPal me the Hamilton...

pate

Quote from: WildCard on March 27, 2017, 08:21:39 PM
no way. pate called bateman's last show. different weirdo.

I must have been out of my normal screw-cap 120 Pinot Gris, mmm.

Wasn't mammarble, Not Sure?

pate

Still trying to find the interview on NPR's "Fresh Air" that Art did?

I goggl'd that sheit and could only fynd thus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-xMkHgan0Y

I don't get it?

Art was on "Queef Air" how did he deal with the condescending host??  I am truly wondering what plain of eXstens ima on...

Not Sure

scentless

Quote from: Element 115 on April 02, 2017, 08:18:06 PM
It was Dr. Rick Strassman:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2006/08/26

You can PayPal me the Hamilton...

You can never link me to a site with Noory's face on it and post an mp3. Good find, though. I'll start there.

MV/Liberace!

i remember this.  it was in 2006.  i thought the guy had tourette syndrome.

Element 115

Quote from: scentless on April 03, 2017, 02:41:26 PM
You can never link me to a site with Noory's face on it and post an mp3. Good find, though. I'll start there.

My apologies for just sending the link to C2C with Snoory's face.  That is the show you were referring to. I'll send my Google Drive download link to the .mp3 file in a bit.

scottydawg

Well look at it this way, Heather was like a new car coming on, so we ponied up the dough to the "Dark Matter Network"
We were expecting a MG Spitfire, but we ended up being Yugo'd! :(

Element 115

Quote from: Σ> on April 03, 2017, 02:50:13 PM
i remember this.  it was in 2006.  i thought the guy had tourette syndrome.

Yes I think it was Tourette's. Art was very professional about it and at the next break he went to open lines stating that Dr Strassman was under the weather and possibly had a cold. Strassman came back to the show at a later date and did much better as I recall.

ItsOver

Quote from: scottydawg on April 03, 2017, 07:21:31 PM
Well look at it this way, Heather was like a new car coming on, so we ponied up the dough to the "Dark Matter Network"
We were expecting a MG Spitfire, but we ended up being Yugo'd! :(
I hung on to my subscription for several weeks after Art quit again, hoping he might return.  Then I finally accepted the bitter truth. We'd been played once again, while Bell blamed "a stalker." I never wanted to listen to HW.

Dyna-X

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 02, 2017, 07:00:59 PM
What happened to the real Art Bell?
He's on a road trip in his RV, while his clone is at home watching the cats and posting on fb and bellgab. Just a guess.

Quote from: scentless on April 03, 2017, 02:41:26 PM

It's in the ultimate torrent. Art started questioning the guest of Lisa Lyon spoke with him, and was obviously pissed off she booked him anyway. There is a direct link willied posted in the below quoted thread. I'm too lazy to find it. You can keep your money:)

Quote from: williedee on April 20, 2014, 12:27:13 AM
Look what the Easter bunny left me... a shiny new magnet link!

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5EC9255FB9FE4587FFC908BDCAB893388B33979B&dn=the+ultimate+art+bell+collection&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce

There it is boys and girls, 1330+ individual shows and some extras. All tagged, formatted, corrected, sorted, and album art-ed up for maximum enjoyment.

Its not perfect, no. But its better than anything else out there ;)

So that's all I've got to say. Thanks to everyone who helped, I truly couldn't have done it without the support and expertise of many on this forum. This was a real team effort.

Let me know if you have any problems downloading. It will probably be a little slow until some more seeds come online (should have at least 2 100mbit servers within the next 24 hours).

Element 115

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on April 04, 2017, 06:22:49 PM
It's in the ultimate torrent. Art started questioning the guest of Lisa Lyon spoke with him, and was obviously pissed off she booked him anyway. There is a direct link willied posted in the below quoted thread. I'm too lazy to find it. You can keep your money:)

I have the ultimate torrent. I was going to link him the MP3 this week of the 2nd hour of 08/26/06 Strassman show. I didn't expect the Hamilton, I was kidding about PayPal.

Ciardelo

I was going to do it for a Tubman.  ::)

Element 115

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwCyxtsPdz11ZHZ2QVowWUdFejQ

The Dr. Rick Strassman segment begins at around the 41:30 mark.  The download icon will be on the top right so you don't have to stream it.

scentless

I fear DLing the magnet. I fee like there's gonna be a ton of duplicates. Eh, maybe I'll check it out. In the meantime, someone hooked me up with the stutterer show. I laughed as hard as the night I heard it in 2006. As I said to the person who shared it with me, I don't wish that affliction (stuttering) on anyone but it was radio gold.

On second thought, the topic was DMT, LSD, other drugs. I wonder if the guest was just a burnout f'ed up hallucinogen taker and that's why he couldn't complete too many coherent thoughts. I'm all for a party and getting blasted, just not every hour of my waking life.

Oh wells. Onward and upward everyone. Still can't believe Bellgab is still around. This is great. Art is probably putting glitter on school project for his kid and figuring out ways to come back for a week.

Element 115

Quote from: scentless on April 05, 2017, 05:01:09 PM
I fear DLing the magnet. I fee like there's gonna be a ton of duplicates. Eh, maybe I'll check it out. In the meantime, someone hooked me up with the stutterer show. I laughed as hard as the night I heard it in 2006. As I said to the person who shared it with me, I don't wish that affliction (stuttering) on anyone but it was radio gold.

On second thought, the topic was DMT, LSD, other drugs. I wonder if the guest was just a burnout f'ed up hallucinogen taker and that's why he couldn't complete too many coherent thoughts. I'm all for a party and getting blasted, just not every hour of my waking life.

Oh wells. Onward and upward everyone. Still can't believe Bellgab is still around. This is great. Art is probably putting glitter on school project for his kid and figuring out ways to come back for a week.

There are no duplicates in the ultimate torrent. The torrent is 65GB, but you can pick and choose what you download. You don't have to download the full 65GB. Glad you liked the Strassman segment.

Ciardelo

Quote from: scentless on April 05, 2017, 05:01:09 PM
...Oh wells. Onward and upward everyone. Still can't believe Bellgab is still around. This is great. Art is probably putting glitter on school project for his kid and figuring out ways to come back for a week.

Any day now. You should go ahead and sign up for a Time Traveler subscription on MITD so you'll be ready!

ge30542

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 05, 2017, 08:09:33 PM
Any day now. You should go ahead and sign up for a Time Traveler subscription on MITD so you'll be ready!
Hey C, I can read between the lines, you're signaling that Art will soon return to broadcasting, aren't cha?
You know things.

Dyna-X

Quote from: ge30542 on April 07, 2017, 01:24:30 PM
Hey C, I can read between the lines, you're signaling that Art will soon return to broadcasting, aren't cha?
You know things.
He's got Art's phone numbers (plural) and an invisible crystal just like Simon Parkes that communicates to the mothership of mantis aliens.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ge30542 on April 07, 2017, 01:24:30 PM
You know things.

Shush Duke! We don't want to make him skittish!  8)

scentless

I'd gladly sign up for MITD if Art were back if even for 3 days per week. I just think he's done. Love hearing that voice that much. I used to go to sleep listening. Art was my lullaby. Ok that's weird. Gonna go review my life now and work out, chop down a tree, anything manly to take away what I just said.

Morgus

Quote from: scentless on April 07, 2017, 06:05:03 PM
I'd gladly sign up for MITD if Art were back if even for 3 days per week. I just think he's done. Love hearing that voice that much. I used to go to sleep listening. Art was my lullaby. Ok that's weird. Gonna go review my life now and work out, chop down a tree, anything manly to take away what I just said.
How about even once a month?  8)

slatetungsten

Quote from: scentless on April 07, 2017, 06:05:03 PM

my lullaby too.