• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Collossal Podcast!

Started by Walks_At_Night, February 01, 2017, 08:11:22 PM

I have really enjoyed a number of the episodes of Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Collossal Podcast!

Gottfried's voice and laugh is indeed horrid but he has had some wonderful guests from the entertainment world on.  A number of them are getting up there in years but have some great stories to tell.

A few of my favorite episodes are Rich Little, Hal Linden, Bob Einstein and Burt Ward

ShayP

Thanks Walks.  Looks interesting.  I enjoy stories from the older Hollywood types, etc.   8)  Gonna check it out!  :)

Quote from: ShayP on February 02, 2017, 09:35:43 AM
Thanks Walks.  Looks interesting.  I enjoy stories from the older Hollywood types, etc.   8)  Gonna check it out!  :)

Sure thing.   I think you'll like it then

For any fans of The Godfather the interview with Gianni Russo is a classic

Ciardelo

I don't know if I can hang with Gottfried's voice for any extended amount of time. He's great in small doses.

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 02, 2017, 10:44:25 PM
I don't know if I can hang with Gottfried's voice for any extended amount of time. He's great in small doses.

The voice is a major drag and the laugh is worse

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on February 02, 2017, 11:05:21 PM
The interview with Mr. Skin is pretty good.

Oh I bet - that dude is something else.    "You'll see partial bush at 1 hour and 16 minutes in"

Ciardelo

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 02, 2017, 11:18:32 PM

Oh I bet - that dude is something else.    "You'll see partial bush at 1 hour and 16 minutes in"

lol Mr. Skin is still around? He must be like 80 years old.  ;D

So far this one is real entertaining.   The guest is Jamie Farr

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 11, 2017, 08:52:28 PM
Good episode with Peter Marshall from Hollywood Squares.

Listening to this now,  he sounds awfully young for a 90 year old.  Thanks for linking. :D

MV/Liberace!

i tried one episode and just couldn't get through it.  they've got gilbert and then this silky voiced guy doing the show with him.  i'd imagine they thought the silky voiced guy would balance gilbert's abrasiveness, when in fact it just highlights it.  i'll probably check out the russo and farr interviews, though.

Quote from: Σ> on March 19, 2017, 09:13:34 AM
i tried one episode and just couldn't get through it.  they've got gilbert and then this silky voiced guy doing the show with him.  i'd imagine they thought the silky voiced guy would balance gilbert's abrasiveness, when in fact it just highlights it.  i'll probably check out the russo and farr interviews, though.

They don't discuss M*A*S*H in the Farr interview all that much so go for Russo if you ever try again. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 19, 2017, 09:34:01 AM
They don't discuss M*A*S*H in the Farr interview all that much so go for Russo if you ever try again.

yeah, i'm about 23 minutes into the farr interview and it seems the 3 or 4 minutes they spent talking about mash were the end of it.  that's disappointing.  an opportunity missed.

Don Rickles tribute show is up.  I haven't listened to it yet but I hope it does Don justice.

Interesting episode with Carl Reiner who in no way sounds like he is 95 years old.

Also seems like the show might be going behind a pay wall of some sort in June.   I didn't listen real close but if true that'll be the end of it for me.

Gottfried travels to Artie Lange's house for this interview.    I haven't listened to it but I'm intrigued:

https://www.gilbertpodcast.com/53-artie-lange/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 25, 2017, 06:36:20 PM
Interesting episode with Carl Reiner who in no way sounds like he is 95 years old.

Also seems like the show might be going behind a pay wall of some sort in June.   I didn't listen real close but if true that'll be the end of it for me.

His son is a real putz! >:(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 22, 2018, 08:11:09 PM
Gottfried travels to Artie Lange's house for this interview.    I haven't listened to it but I'm intrigued:

https://www.gilbertpodcast.com/53-artie-lange/

It's one of the few impressions I can do well, a bang on Gottfried. Too bad you guys will never see it. :P

Corona Kitty

Artie no showed when Gilbert was on the AA show.

I've not listened to this episode yet but am looking forward to it.   M. Emmet Walsh

SpookyTim

This is one of the best podcasts out there.

And they do it just for the love of talking with their heroes, to keep their work and spirit alive, and because Chico needed the money.

Just partially through this episode but it's a good one so far.  Interesting to hear Keith Carradine talk about his Dad

https://www.gilbertpodcast.com/keith-carradine/