• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

EvB

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 30, 2011, 01:10:55 PM
Living the sheltered life that I do, I've never heard a note of the Gaga music, but I've seen the pics of the meat suit and clear acrylic dick shoes.  What more need I know?

Honestly?  Aside form all that meat suit and uber-glitz (which is nothing new) she is actually quite talented and has some super pipes.  I have heard her sit down at a piano, no autotune, no backup - nada -  and just play and sing toned-down versions of her wilder stuff.  she's quite amazing.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: EvB on June 30, 2011, 06:59:58 PM
Honestly?  Aside form all that meat suit and uber-glitz (which is nothing new) she is actually quite talented and has some super pipes.  I have heard her sit down at a piano, no autotune, no backup - nada -  and just play and sing toned-down versions of her wilder stuff.  she's quite amazing.

You convinced me. 

anagrammy

Usagi - I've always wanted to see how George looked without his moustache.  My ex shaved his off one day and I was shocked to see a certain rodent look about him...  Could you use your photoshop talents to solve my curiosity?  A photo showing teeth would be best...

Your fan,

Anagrammy

PS - Other submissions accepted gratefully

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: anagrammy on June 30, 2011, 10:06:42 PM
Usagi - I've always wanted to see how George looked without his moustache.  My ex shaved his off one day and I was shocked to see a certain rodent look about him... 

Ana, you have hit upon a tremendous dread of mine. I haven't shaved my upper lip since July 22,1994(when I was 19) and have the horrible feeling that if I did shave it...well, I'd look like a rodent or worse, one of Hitler's henchmen or something.

Until that fear subsides, I will continue to look like a "heavy" from a 1973 Quinn Martin production...or my avatar(but I'd never sink to wearing turtleneck)

onan

From 1975 till 1996 I had a full beard and moustache. Then to meet requirements for a new job they had to go. My wife had never seen me clean shaven. I was kinda scared and sad saying goodbye to an old friend. Clean shaven to this day. I do occasionally go for the Sonny Tubbs look but I just look.like a wino.

Sent from my DROIDX

b_dubb

i have found an alternative to c2c.  the Marc Maron WTF podcast is frigging hysterical.  check it out

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on July 03, 2011, 02:26:07 PM
i have found an alternative to c2c.  the Marc Maron WTF podcast is frigging hysterical.  check it out

Marc can be a real funny guy. His old radio show Morning Sedition had some hysterical stuff.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EvB

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 30, 2011, 10:20:25 PM
     Ana, you have hit upon a tremendous dread of mine. I haven't shaved my upper lip since July 22,1994(when I was 19) and have the horrible feeling that if I did shave it...well, I'd look like a rodent or worse, one of Hitler's henchmen or something.

Until that fear subsides, I will continue to look like a "heavy" from a 1973 Quinn Martin production...or my avatar(but I'd never sink to wearing turtleneck)

Just made me realize that in 30 years, i have only seen my son's dad w/o his mustash ONCE.  the beard comes and goes - but that stash stays.

aldousburbank

Happy Interdependence Day!

From Wikipedia:  Karl Marx first used the term interdependence in the Communist Manifesto (1848) in describing the universal interdependence of nations in comparison to the old local and national seclusion of independence and self-sufficiency

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on June 30, 2011, 10:40:44 PM
From 1975 till 1996 I had a full beard and moustache. Then to meet requirements for a new job they had to go. My wife had never seen me clean shaven. I was kinda scared and sad saying goodbye to an old friend. Clean shaven to this day. I do occasionally go for the Sonny Tubbs look but I just look.like a wino.

I dunno dude, that beard kind of tied your face together.

MV/Liberace!

many of you won't give a shit about the following, and that's understandable... but i thought i'd mention this because it's a nice snapshot of the quintessential, innocent, small town, long forgotten, pre-walmart america of yesterday.

someone i've never met in my life decided to put up a webpage reminiscing about my great grandfather's grocery store which closed in the late 1960s.  the old man seen bagging groceries is my great grandpa vandeven.  the author labeled him, "store employee..." haha.  he died when i was around 5 or so... but i do have a few memories of him.  i'd completely forgotten what he looked like. 

i was apprised of this website by my uncle a few days ago.

click here.

valdez

Quote from: Michael V. on July 05, 2011, 06:41:04 PM
many of you won't give a shit about the following..

Actually, it's kind of cool.  I found this interesting:

"Elderly customers depended on Vandeven’s unique special services in the days before direct deposit of Social Security and pension checks. Vandeven’s would send delivery boys with cash to a customer's home to cash his or her Social Security check. If a long-time customer wasn’t home when the delivery boy arrived, he would enter the home and place the perishables in the refrigerator."

Little things, yet still casting a ripple throughout the universe and time.  Thanks for sharing.

onan

Quote from: Michael V. on July 05, 2011, 06:41:04 PM
many of you won't give a shit about the following, and that's understandable... but i thought i'd mention this because it's a nice snapshot of the quintessential, innocent, small town, long forgotten, pre-walmart america of yesterday.

someone i've never met in my life decided to put up a webpage reminiscing about my great grandfather's grocery store which closed in the late 1960s.  the old man seen bagging groceries is my great grandpa vandeven.  the author labeled him, "store employee..." haha.  he died when i was around 5 or so... but i do have a few memories of him.  i'd completely forgotten what he looked like. 

i was apprised of this website by my uncle a few days ago.

click here.

I know I am a lot older than many of you... I remember those days. I remember Stan the grocery store owner and butcher. We bought groceries on credit and paid him at the end of the month. He always sent home a Superman comic for me because I would empty his trash cans when my parents were shopping. They did that to keep me distracted and less of a pain in the ass. But it taught me a lot. Nothing like that nowadays... you whippersnappers.

aldousburbank

Another old school grocery store memory for the young whippersnappers-  When I was a kid, the local mining town still had a Chinese grocery and laundry, multi-generational, and some items you still had to ask the grocer man to pull off the shelf behind the counter.  It seems like a long lost world compared to the chain groceries and scanners of today.

As another on the down side of hill, I remember the corner store across the street from our house.  One day my five-year-old sister who had "Juvenile Diabetes" (the old name) had gone into insulin shock.  Ah, the days of glass syringes and Clinitest kits.  Anyway, the owner of the store closed his store and drove my mother and sister to the hospital so she didn't have to wait for an ambulance(or doctor's house call).  His sixteen-year-old son, who helped out at the store, stayed with my six-year-old sister and myself at our house.  I don't remember the store being closed in the middle of the week EVER before.  In fact, the only reason I knew it was truly serious was because the store was closed. 

The store owner was hugely insulted when my mother offered to pay him for his time and loss at the store after all was well again.  He said he saw someone in the neighborhood in trouble and that's what neighbors did for each other.

We loved that man.

b_dubb

thanks for posting that link and the story about your grandpa

aldousburbank

I love the Arizona monsoon season, and have stalled my departure out of state just long enough to witness them, the best of nature's fireworks shows.

To those of us Arizonies who loathe the metastasis that Phoenix has become, this is the most beautifully appropriate imagery of that city seen in a long time.  Fall mountains, just don't fall on me.

Phoenix Dust Storm: Video of Doomsday Scenes in Arizona

EvB

Priceless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzMN2c24Y1s

Oh siiiiiigh - it's a MasterCard/Wikileaks Parody. Why aren't the videos showing up?

EvB

Attractive young woman talking about how much she loves pussy.

http://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 04, 2011, 11:44:38 AM
I dunno dude, that beard kind of tied your face together.

Yeah when I shaved it off, my jaw fell off. it is tough to eat now.

MV/Liberace!

if anyone would like a google plus invitation, send me a PM.  include the email address you'd like your invitation associated with.

EvB

Quote from: Michael V. on July 08, 2011, 10:35:19 AM
if anyone would like a google plus invitation, send me a PM.  include the email address you'd like your invitation associated with.

You got in at last!

Google plus is still in Beta - and they just LOVE turning those invites on and off.

have patience.

it's worth it.

aldousburbank

This has been my favorite thread- I hope to not abuse it with this...

...but I freekin love the heat- the way it gets so damn hot it changes the faces of the people walking out of WalMart and stuff, then get in their cars which are now 150 degrees inside.  My brain is screaming "Hell yeah, it's fucking hot!  It's Arizona, it's summer, and we're still alive!"  The electric sound of hundreds of cicadas agree in unison, loudly, with a mind melting buzz.  They can actually make you see stuff behind the eyeballs if you roll with it and relax.  (Gawd, I sound like some doof on George's sucky little show.)  They're at their sonic peak on the very hottest days, just before the blessed evening storms.  Sweat?  Yes, but you begin to appreciate quickie showers several times a day, start it all over.  Lots of folks take to the AC lifestyle, but I never enjoyed it- swamp cooler is the way to go.  Where we live now, we have both AC and swampie and the AC's never been turned on.

So now that the peak of the heat is here, the sound of insectoid electricity fills the days, and flashes of lightening light the evenings, the Mrs. Burbank and I have begun to pack our stuff.  We, somewhat sadly, are forcing ourselves to leave the state and the insufficient support system we have come up against here.  Realism and familial concern for a quickly deteriorating quality of life have convinced me to finally accept an opportunity in the Golden State which I had previously rejected.  No more having our cake and eating it too.  It's time to bake another.

So with flashes of Arizona lightning adding to the ambiance I say farewell to my home and a temporary adios to yous guys here- my favorite online gathering of souls.  (Watch out Anagrammy, I'm coming to see you)  I'll still play looky-loo but after tonight our whole world is in boxes and on the road, and generally very complicated.  A temporary moratorium from my wise-ass comments.  Enjoy it while you can.  I already feel like PMing some of you.  Hope to be re-settled sometime soon.  As my friend the Terence M used to say, take it easy, but take it!