• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Mops

Quote from: Michael V. on April 23, 2011, 03:29:07 PM
we're just fine.  thank you, sir.  over the course of the last 3 or 4 days, it's been nothing but tornado warnings here in cape girardeau.  i love it, though.  nabila and i enjoy sitting on the covered stairway outside our apartment as hell breaks loose all around us.  thankfully, there's a concrete covered storage "bunker" at the base of the stairway, so i think we'd be safe from a soviet ICBM in that thing.

in times like these i feel really bad for people who live in mobile homes.  you'd be just as safe in a kenmore refrigerator shipping box.
Out of curiosity, did the city sound the civil defense sirens, and could you hear them?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mops on April 24, 2011, 01:30:58 AM
Out of curiosity, did the city sound the civil defense sirens, and could you hear them?
Yes... repeatedly over the last several days.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mops

Quote from: Michael V. on April 24, 2011, 01:36:04 AM
Yes... repeatedly over the last several days.

Sent from my DROIDX

Good.  The NWS used to conduct surveys asking if persons heard the sirens.  I've been through several close calls with tornados and the sirens only sounded once for a split-second before the tornado carried off the central civil defense station.  I recall one of the city sirens turning up in a field over 100 miles away.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mops on May 31, 1970, 03:12:09 PM
I recall one of the city sirens turning up in a field over 100 miles away.
WOW. That's possible?

b_dubb

i had a song in my head that inspired the attached image.  Two Suns by Shiva Burlesque.  in hindsight this image might not be as funny as i thought it was.  or maybe i spent too much time on it.  or not enough.  well ... here goes

I do feel that way, B_dubb. I was driving across the bay yesterday, listening to knapp rebroadcast from friday, and every time a caller said "george" my conditioned reflex to change the channel before Noory started speaking would kick in.

When Knapp is hosting, I feel like I can relax. Whenever I listen to what minute amount of noory I can stand, I am completely uncomfortable and alert until I'm forced to pick something else to listen to.

aldousburbank

Alright, I'm hoping I've been here long enough to not get taken seriously.  This is not advocacy, this is funny.

Once, my friend was asking me about a sign outside a local steakhouse.  I told him that it was from a Simpson's episode.   He was feeling pissy about the message it was sending.  He and I both being vegetarians, we decided to play a game I call, Hippie Scrabble.  Attached are photos of before and after.  It stayed up for several days.  We laughed all the way home, got our camera, then laughed all the way back and took these pics.

aldousburbank

One more randomness for the day, and now I'm being serious, trying to contribute something of value here, rather than my usual assy stuff. 

I've had the urge to post this for days, for whatever reason.  Wasn't too sure...  But the hell with it.  I've always been an upstream swimmer and challenger of trends, upholder of unpopular ideas.

The thing is, from my experience, and I've tried many of life's available flavors, given some prerequisite compatibility and mutual respect factors, monogamy can be one of life's most challenging, but most thrilling adventures.  Twenty three years later, I am more attracted to my beautiful wife than when things were all infatuated and easy.  Ok, it's been a lot of work, sometimes almost impossibly difficult.  As it turns out, applying ourselves to the problems which naturally arise has made us the kind of people that enjoy each others company.  Just my opinion, but for those of you newer to this path, the scenery up ahead can be as beautiful as you both want it to be.  Definitely not for everybody, I most certainly understand that.

I hope this was not too radical.  25 years ago, this was the last thing I would expect to find myself writing.

MV/Liberace!

click here first.

i stood in front of this very same cafe one night trying to convince nabila to go in with me.  she didn't want to.  she's never wanted to.  she's been in EVERY restaurant and/or cafe in that area of marrakech, and she has never been in this one.  she says it just never appealed to her for some reason.

the tourism industry in morocco is going to suffocate because of this... particularly in marrakech.

anagrammy

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 28, 2011, 11:19:53 AM
One more randomness for the day, and now I'm being serious, trying to contribute something of value here, rather than my usual assy stuff. 

I've had the urge to post this for days, for whatever reason.  Wasn't too sure...  But the hell with it.  I've always been an upstream swimmer and challenger of trends, upholder of unpopular ideas.

The thing is, from my experience, and I've tried many of life's available flavors, given some prerequisite compatibility and mutual respect factors, monogamy can be one of life's most challenging, but most thrilling adventures.  Twenty three years later, I am more attracted to my beautiful wife than when things were all infatuated and easy.  Ok, it's been a lot of work, sometimes almost impossibly difficult.  As it turns out, applying ourselves to the problems which naturally arise has made us the kind of people that enjoy each others company.  Just my opinion, but for those of you newer to this path, the scenery up ahead can be as beautiful as you both want it to be.  Definitely not for everybody, I most certainly understand that.

I hope this was not too radical.  25 years ago, this was the last thing I would expect to find myself writing.

I'm touched.  This is so sweet and seems to represent what happens when people hang in their through the rough spots.  There comes the reward.  Thanks for sharing that.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on April 28, 2011, 10:29:11 PM
I'm touched.  This is so sweet and seems to represent what happens when people hang in their through the rough spots.  There comes the reward.  Thanks for sharing that.

Anagrammy
a terrible story

have you ever read the Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles?

b_dubb

there's a really shitty chinese restaurant down the street from where i am working now.  the name of the place is CHINA WON.  no kidding. CHINA WON

perhaps ... but the food is fail

Quote from: b_dubb on May 09, 2011, 08:28:45 PM
there's a really shitty chinese restaurant down the street from where i am working now.  the name of the place is CHINA WON.  no kidding. CHINA WON

perhaps ... but the food is fail

Cat in the Kettle (parody)

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 28, 2011, 11:19:53 AM

Twenty three years later, I am more attracted to my beautiful wife than when things were all infatuated and easy.  Ok, it's been a lot of work, sometimes almost impossibly difficult.  As it turns out, applying ourselves to the problems which naturally arise has made us the kind of people that enjoy each others company. 

My admiration to you, sir.  My envy to your beautiful wife.

Perhaps because I've never found that, I truly enjoy seeing(or hearing about) a couple who is truly a couple.  Makes me smile.   :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Treading Water on May 10, 2011, 05:10:02 AM
My admiration to you, sir.  My envy to your beautiful wife.

Perhaps because I've never found that, I truly enjoy seeing(or hearing about) a couple who is truly a couple.  Makes me smile.   :)

Yes.  It is however, a bit embarrassing.  :-[

MV/Liberace!

my grandmother is sick and in the ICU.  if you're so inclined, please pray for her, or send her some positive energy, or whatever you're into.  thanks.

The General

Quote from: Michael V. on May 10, 2011, 08:50:17 PM
my grandmother is sick and in the ICU.  if you're so inclined, please pray for her, or send her some positive energy, or whatever you're into.  thanks.

Sorry to hear that MV.  My best goes out to you and her and your family. 
My hope is for a speedy recovery.

JustOneFix

Sending some positive vibes up y'alls way......

Hope things improve!

MV/Liberace!

This is quite random... but if the name Aldous Burbank is a real name... it is the coolest name ever.

Good energy and thoughts to your family and grandmother. 

TW

aldousburbank

Quote from: Michael V. on May 10, 2011, 10:31:31 PM
This is quite random... but if the name Aldous Burbank is a real name... it is the coolest name ever.

Sent from my DROIDX

Michel V., kind of randomly related- I was recently considering posting a random thought about how I enjoy reading what people have come up with as user ID's, and sometimes scroll through the members pages just to crack up.  I mean, Coasted2astop, aquagoat, Harmness, Anagrammy, GuildNavigator, conscious comic, and of course George Drooly, GeorgeMustDie, GeorgeNooryBlows, and things of this nature. Heh  We gots some funny freekin wingnuts on here I must say.  Thanks for holding it together hombre!

Oh, and Onan- that was my first fave  ;)

MV/Liberace!

thanks for the well wishes.  looks like she's going to pull through.  sure didn't look like it for a while.  this situation has consumed me for the last 5 days.  i'm exhausted.