• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Victor Busted!

Started by Lunger, April 03, 2014, 08:27:03 AM

Lunger

Some time ago we were discussing Victor's appearance with Art and whether or not 'Victor' was actually Whitley Strieber.  To me there wasn't a doubt, but there were a few people that actually didn't think that Victor was Whitley. 

I had posted an idea to reverse modulate Victor's voice to see what it sounded like as a real person.  I did that this morning and attached the results.

Its totally Whitley!  Without a doubt.  The quality isn't perfect but the evidence is there.....

Jackstar

Doesn't that simply make the core information more credible? You sound wildly off-base here.

Foodlion

Quote from: Lunger on April 03, 2014, 08:27:03 AM
Some time ago we were discussing Victor's appearance with Art and whether or not 'Victor' was actually Whitley Strieber or not.  To me there wasn't a doubt, but there were a few people that actually didn't think that Victor was Whitley. 

I had posted an idea to reverse modulate Victor's voice to see what it sounded like as a real person.  I did that this morning and attached the results.

Its totally Whitley!  Without a doubt.  The quality isn't perfect but the evidence is there.....
Do you by chance have a link to the original? I missed that whole debate and would like to hear.

Quote from: Jackstar on April 03, 2014, 08:34:23 AM
Doesn't that simply make the core information more credible? You sound wildly off-base here.

You what, mate?

Quote from: Foodlion on April 03, 2014, 08:38:45 AM
Do you by chance have a link to the original? I missed that whole debate and would like to hear.

I've seen it a few places recently, check the Whitley thread in the guests board.

Morgus

Nah this matter was put to rest years ago.
Art Bell said Victor definitely was not his friend Whitley Strieber.
I believe Art Bell.

Ward

I to feel i have an ear for people and well.........

from 14 second to 20 seconds of your clip...............

wow just wow

it sounds uncannily like Whitley, speech pattern and stuttering included

That work "well" just sounds precisely like Whit. Before and after the speed fluctuates so much but that one segment...spooky

i admit this has changed my mind on this "mystery"

I am in your corner now

Damn that was amazing

Catsmile

Quote from: Morgus on April 03, 2014, 04:03:14 PM
I believe Art Bell.
Art also said he was going to do Dark Matter until China put a man on Pluto.
I was amazed that less than 2 months later China put a man on Pluto.
Even more amazing, the fact that China landing a man on Pluto never made the news.

Step right up folks!
Come see The Great EGRESS!
Prepare to be amazed! 
Just $5 per person.
Walk this way, and be shocked to discover what is beyond THE GREAT EGRESS! 

WhiteCrow

Strong  voice and face recondition are ingrained in our DNA.
In a store check out line behind me, I recognized a person by their voice,  I hadn't seen him in 20+ years.
I'd bet money on it, that Victor was Whitley.

Foodlion

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 03, 2014, 05:25:08 PM
Strong  voice and face recondition are ingrained in our DNA.
In a store check out line behind me, I recognized a person by their voice,  I hadn't seen him in 20+ years.
I'd bet money on it, that Victor was Whitley.
Well put.

WhiteCrow

I believe Art Bell.

LOL ... It's like saying a Carnival Barker didn't know his games were rigged.
Many of Art's guests were liars and scammers and Art played along with it.
Nothing wrong with that... Great entertainment! In one form or another we all got to cheat to eat our daily bread.

For me a lot of Art's shows are like professional wrestling.
Most fans know its fake, but still enjoy the showmanship and drama.

Ward

Well the UFO phenomenon is a real subject worthy of in-depth thinking and study

if this is Whitley....and THAT IS A ....little...IF

i am actually honestly, no joking here disappointed by Whitley  :'(

and if Art was in on it i am sincerely disappointed again.  :-[

Guess i believe in the fundamental honesty of people.

I thought this subject was more important then money and entertainment personally.

Foodlion

Just heard the comparison, and I'm a believe that it is him.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Ward on April 03, 2014, 05:48:12 PM
Well the UFO phenomenon is a real subject worthy of in-depth thinking and study

if this is Whitley....and THAT IS A ....little...IF

i am actually honestly, no joking here disappointed by Whitley  :'(

and if Art was in on it i am sincerely disappointed again.  :-[

Guess i believe in the fundamental honesty of people.

I thought this subject was more important then money and entertainment personally.

It's really cool that we can discuss this 17 years after it happened. Bravo Mr. Art Bell

HorrorRetro

I used to do medical and legal transcription, including multiple-person depositions, so I was very good at recognizing voices. I've thought for a long time it was Whitley.  After hearing this version, I'm almost 100% positive it's him.

McPhallus

How cool would it be if a particularly ballsy DMRN host (hint, hint) played this clip and talked about it on air.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on April 03, 2014, 06:10:02 PM
I used to do medical and legal transcription, including multiple-person depositions, so I was very good at recognizing voices. I've thought for a long time it was Whitley.  After hearing this version, I'm almost 100% positive it's him.

Jackstar

Author uses pseudonym. Film at eleven.

:rolleyes:

McPhallus

Quote from: Jackstar on April 03, 2014, 06:18:46 PM

The point is, Shitley presents so much of what he says as absolute truth.  And he gets cranky and victimy when people don't believe him.  Catching him in obvious bullshit like this is hysterical. :)

The General

Quote from: Jackstar on April 03, 2014, 06:18:46 PM

Which makes it fiction posing as fact.
Which is the point of this whole discussion.

Unless you believe that in addition to all of Whitley's other wildly unbelievable tall tale claims,
that he also at some time had top secret clearance and access to the S-4 facility at Area 51. 

Because none of that makes sense.

Catsmile

Quote from: McPhallus on April 03, 2014, 06:23:53 PM
The point is, Shitley presents so much of what he says as absolute truth.  And he gets cranky and victimy when people don't believe him.  Catching him in obvious bullshit like this is hysterical. :)
Weeber has more supernatural phenomena occur before breakfast, than 100 people will have in a lifetime.
That's pretty telling of Weebers psyche.

He can one up, or match any supernatural occurrence anyone can convey, it seems.
I don't doubt it's Weeber, especially if he can make a buck off it.

Jackstar

The truth is not the truth, and that is The Truth.

Ward

Lunger i hope you don't mind, i took the part that is best of that clip and combined a recent known source of Whitley.
The process you used to "reverse modulate Victor's voice" while not perfect provides a clear enough window for me to edit and post a comparative audio analysis.

If this is from the Victor interview as Lunger says then it's powerful evidence.

The cadence, intonation, pausing, hesitancy, and stuttering are all absolutely damning to Whitley in my opinion.

First we hear a pitch shifted Sean David Morton ask a question then "Victor" Responds then a few seconds pause then a brief edited sample of Whitley from a March Dreamland he did this year.

29 seconds to have a more clear listen.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pw2gdw7q4n466tl/Is+Whitley++-+Victor.mp3

Thanks again Lunger for doing this work.

George Drooly

Quote from: Catsmile on April 03, 2014, 07:26:30 PM
Weeber has more supernatural phenomena occur before breakfast, than 100 people will have in a lifetime.

What you call "supernatural phenomena" I call "private time"

Catsmile

Quote from: George Drooly on April 03, 2014, 10:35:15 PM
What you call "supernatural phenomena" I call "private time"

I believe Art Bell.

And Art likely believes Whitley.  Problem is, Whitley is a liar and Art loves to put on a show.

b_dubb

Quote from: Catsmile on April 03, 2014, 11:47:49 PM
Communion 1989.
Does anyone have any sense for how accurate the detail is on the rectal probes?  Hollywood isn't exactly a stickler for details

Stranger929

I always thought it was Whitley. Pattern of speech, general attitude all pointed to him anyway.

George Drooly

Quote from: b_dubb on April 03, 2014, 11:51:12 PM
Does anyone have any sense for how accurate the detail is on the rectal probes?  Hollywood isn't exactly a stickler for details

Let's just say they put the "tickle" back in "stickler"