• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Whitley Strieber

Started by Ruteger, July 26, 2010, 05:35:04 PM

TigerLily

So sorry to hear about this.  Anne and Whitley were a great team as well as a wonderful couple.  My deepest sympathies to Whitley

GolfGuy

I'm sorry for your loss Whitley...  Rest in peace Anne..

maren

I recall they had a pretty big scare once before (brain tumor?  stroke?  can't recall) and Whitley was at a loss.  I seem to remember him saying he honestly didn't feel that he could exist without Anne.  I'm so sorry for him.  Glad he spoke with Art -- he truly understands.  Happy he's there for him. 

RIP, Anne.

My condolences to Anne's friends and family.

stargazr1976

God bless ya whitley. Stand strong man.

WildCard

“In life there is death and it astonishes me that everyone claims to ignore this fact: there is death, the pitiless presence of which we are made aware with every change that we survive because one must learn to die slowly. We must learn how to die: there is all of life. To prepare from afar the masterpiece of a proud and supreme death, of a death where chance does not play a role, of a death that is well wrought, quite happy, of an enthusiasm that the saints had known how to achieve’ the masterpiece of a long-ripened death that effaces its odious name by restoring to the anonymous universe the recognized and rescued laws of an intensely accomplished life. During a long succession of experiences beginning in my childhood, this idea of death has painfully developed within me. It has now become my inner mandate to suffer this small death with humility in order to become worthy of that event, which needs us to be grand.”
Rainer Maria Rilke
Letters on Life

http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal

AZZERAE

Could any of you folks tell me:

1) When Whitley Strieber's very first appearance was?

and

2) What do you consider the best Whitley Strieber interview of all time?

Quote from: Azzerae on July 05, 2016, 09:17:35 AM
... 2) What do you consider the best Whitley Strieber interview of all time?

The one when he (once again) in his whiniest voice told George how he's been 'mocked, ridiculed, marginalized, and ignored', and when George asked him if he would have believed someone else if they'd come up with the same story instead of him, he quickly said no, he wouldn't have.

And there you have it Whitley, cheers.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 05, 2016, 08:03:31 PM

And there you have it Whitley, cheers.

lol

I'd say Dark Matter when a caller was nervous and called him Mr. Weeber and he went off his meds and refused to continue until the poor sod apologized but the guy had no idea what he did.

Quote from: weeberwubber on July 05, 2016, 08:39:16 PM
lol

I'd say Dark Matter when a caller was nervous and called him Mr. Weeber and he went off his meds and refused to continue until the poor sod apologized but the guy had no idea what he did.

Lol, that was awesome.  I'm changing my vote

henge0stone

Anyone know which show Whitley mentions he drank the strange mans white liquid in a hotel room in Toronto? The story was in his book the Key.

coaster

Quote from: henge0stone on July 16, 2016, 06:50:07 AM
Anyone know which show Whitley mentions he drank the strange mans white liquid in a hotel room in Toronto?
Coffee literally just came out of my nose.

Quote from: henge0stone on July 16, 2016, 06:50:07 AM
... Whitley mentions he drank the strange mans white liquid in a hotel room in Toronto?...

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Lord Grantham

The other morning a local morning show was talking about scary movies and they talked at length about the Communion movie. The one guy called Whitley "Wesley". Weeber would not be amused.   

http://wrif.com/episodes/wednesday-march-21st-2018-dave-chuck-freak-podcast/

FF to 1 hour, 23 minutes, it goes or a minute or two, then at 1 hour 32 minutes where they pick it up again.

weeberwubber

Awww man, you got me curious to go look at his website again. I got a distaste for it after the things he posted after his wife died. Looks like the Communion stuff is back in full force, with him saying that he's learned to use his alien implant to communicate with them and is "finding new uses everyday." And it also looks like he published a book a few months ago about the afterlife in which he speaks more about communicating with his deceased wife.
Kinda ugh. Feels too icky to keep reading.

AZZERAE

Quote from: weeberwubber on March 22, 2018, 10:38:55 PM
Awww man, you got me curious to go look at his website again. I got a distaste for it after the things he posted after his wife died. Looks like the Communion stuff is back in full force, with him saying that he's learned to use his alien implant to communicate with them and is "finding new uses everyday." And it also looks like he published a book a few months ago about the afterlife in which he speaks more about communicating with his deceased wife.
Kinda ugh. Feels too icky to keep reading.

He always straddled the line of being almost nuts, but he's completely lost it now.

I'm fond of Whitley, he's my favourite guest of all time - I can listen to him talk and talk and talk. But I've finally decided he is full crazy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 04:00:45 AM
He always straddled the line of being almost nuts, but he's completely lost it now.

I'm fond of Whitley, he's my favourite guest of all time - I can listen to him talk and talk and talk. But I've finally decided he is full crazy.

Did he ever admit to being Victor, the Area 51 guy that Art interviewed with  Sean David Morton?

AZZERAE

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 04:03:57 AM
Did he ever admit to being Victor, the Area 51 guy that Art interviewed with  Sean David Morton?

No, I don't believe he did.  ;D

Quote from: Lord Grantham on March 22, 2018, 12:29:37 PM
The other morning a local morning show was talking about scary movies and they talked at length about the Communion movie. The one guy called Whitley "Wesley". Weeber would not be amused.   

http://wrif.com/episodes/wednesday-march-21st-2018-dave-chuck-freak-podcast/

FF to 1 hour, 23 minutes, it goes or a minute or two, then at 1 hour 32 minutes where they pick it up again.

Wow WRIF.  Now that brings back some memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhDSCFF3arM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 28, 2018, 05:33:34 AM
Wow WRIF.  Now that brings back some memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhDSCFF3arM
Did you know Drew and Mike have a podcast? Mike sort of retired but it’s Drew, Trudi and Marc. It’s great stuff and free. Dave and Chuck IMO are awful compared to Drew and Mike. Detroit love!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 28, 2018, 05:36:56 AM
Did you know Drew and Mike have a podcast? Mike sort of retired but it’s Drew, Trudi and Marc. It’s great stuff and free. Dave and Chuck IMO are awful compared to Drew and Mike. Detroit love!

I did not.  I'll have to check it out.  To be honest, I'm at the point know where I've lived in Raleigh longer then I lived
in Michigan but yes - Detroit love.   I still miss it............

AZZERAE

Hi Whitley Strieber fans, I was wondering if one of you can help me track something down.

The show date is 2001-02-07, when Whitley appeared on Coast and spoke to Art about The Key.

The mp3 I have is of very poor quality, please could somebody share a higher quality file with me if you have it ... I'd appreciate it a lot. Just DM if so.

Thanks!

drjimmarion

I thought I saw Whitley Strieber on TV the other day----but it turns out it was actually an Owl...

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on May 09, 2018, 07:04:44 AM
Hi Whitley Strieber fans, I was wondering if one of you can help me track something down.

The show date is 2001-02-07, when Whitley appeared on Coast and spoke to Art about The Key.

The mp3 I have is of very poor quality, please could somebody share a higher quality file with me if you have it ... I'd appreciate it a lot. Just DM if so.

Thanks!

Can't help you there but I can recommend "The Key" - it's a fascinating read and lends perspective to those (including Whitley) who think he was simply product of a government mind control life experiment.

He used to have it available as a low cost e-book download on his site.

Lunger

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 30, 2018, 08:18:28 AM
Can't help you there but I can recommend "The Key" - it's a fascinating read and lends perspective to those (including Whitley) who think he was simply product of a government mind control life experiment.

He used to have it available as a low cost e-book download on his site.

Whitley has never been part of any mind control life experiments.  He's just a sad little man.

Metron2267

Quote from: Lunger on June 30, 2018, 08:22:27 PM
Whitley has never been part of any mind control life experiments.  He's just a sad little man.

Awfully hard to prove a negative, so please - give it a try! :o

Lunger

Quote from: Metron2267 on July 01, 2018, 12:47:31 PM
Awfully hard to prove a negative, so please - give it a try! :o

I am sure that Strieber would agree with you that he is the product of some incidious governmental mind control.  If he hasn't claimed it already because everything, and I mean absolutely everything, happens to Whitney!

He like a human lightening rod for paranormal activity.

Or, were you thinking of Victor?  Both are so full of shit their eyes are brown.

Metron2267

Quote from: Lunger on July 01, 2018, 04:42:52 PM
I am sure that Strieber would agree with you that he is the product of some incidious governmental mind control.  If he hasn't claimed it already because everything, and I mean absolutely everything, happens to Whitney!

He has claimed it, which you would know if you'd kept up with his writings over the years.

QuoteHe like a human lightening rod for paranormal activity.

That can happen both by analogy and metaphor.

QuoteOr, were you thinking of Victor?  Both are so full of shit their eyes are brown.

So you say, without any proof.