• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Whitley Strieber

Started by Ruteger, July 26, 2010, 05:35:04 PM

Juan

I heard an old John Lear interview in which he said that the "don't go into the light" idea came from Whitley.

Jackstar

http://riverbankoftruth.com/2013/07/20/false-light-constructs-by-greg-calise/

QuotePractically every inner dimensional entity that is in contact with humans presently are all impostors. All of the gods and goddesses, angels, light beings, ascended masters, ETs, etc. are all impostors. Beneath their disguises are some very evil characters. That is why I stay away from Reiki, psychics, channelers, etc. There are few Beings that are genuine, and how do you know? Better to stay safe.

lws

I just joined after Art mentioned this on Midnight last night. (Why Graham Hancock, we have heard all that a thousand times before, Art.) BUT I have now discovered this thread, and I have to agree with practically everybody on it. I HATE Whitley Strieber! (Where did he get that jerk name, anyway?) Art, PLEASE don't have him on again. I just can't stand his grating voice and all the complicated things he says. What is he talking about? He's overeducated, to say the least, and full of crap, that's for sure. I see that his wife had a stroke. Aw. Maybe you should let him come on and whine about that for a while. What a waste of space that guy is. Why doesn't he write books and say things that normal people can understand?

DanTSX

Quote from: Juan on July 16, 2015, 06:33:31 AM
I heard an old John Lear interview in which he said that the "don't go into the light" idea came from Whitley.

Yeah, he comes up with pretty good ideas for a guy that is constantly buttfucked by aliens.

DanTSX

Quote from: lws on July 21, 2015, 05:14:13 PM
I just joined after Art mentioned this on Midnight last night. (Why Graham Hancock, we have heard all that a thousand times before, Art.) BUT I have now discovered this thread, and I have to agree with practically everybody on it. I HATE Whitley Strieber! (Where did he get that jerk name, anyway?) Art, PLEASE don't have him on again. I just can't stand his grating voice and all the complicated things he says. What is he talking about? He's overeducated, to say the least, and full of crap, that's for sure. I see that his wife had a stroke. Aw. Maybe you should let him come on and whine about that for a while. What a waste of space that guy is. Why doesn't he write books and say things that normal people can understand?

Meh.

Give the guy a break.  He's had his poor bunghole gaped apart by no less than 12 different species of aliens who gave him buttlove.

Honestly, he's no better or worse than the rest of the guests.  Just a little nuttier than the rest.

WildCard

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 21, 2015, 06:29:46 PM
https://www.facebook.com/wstrieber/posts/10206435719467363

"Somebody sent me to a site called BellGab and said to search on my name. Yikes! No wonder Art hasn't invited me on his show. Creeped out!"

LMAO! Let's unpack that . . .  :P

QuoteDuring the civil wars in feudal Japan, an invading army would quickly sweep into a town and take control. In one particular village, everyone fled just before the army arrived - everyone except the Zen master. Curious about this old fellow, the general went to the temple to see for himself what kind of man this master was. When he wasn't treated with the deference and submissiveness to which he was accustomed, the general burst into anger. "You fool," he shouted as he reached for his sword, "don't you realize you are standing before a man who could run you through without blinking an eye!" But despite the threat, the master seemed unmoved. "And do you realize," the master replied calmly, "that you are standing before a man who can be run through without blinking an eye?"
http://users.rider.edu/~suler/zenstory/nofear.html

Whitley, your last appearance on "Dark Matter", during open-lines, was less than masterful.

akwilly

Quote from: DanTSX on July 21, 2015, 06:10:19 PM
Yeah, he comes up with pretty good ideas for a guy that is constantly buttfucked by aliens.
last time I heard Strieber on he had his wife with him and he was hawking a book about her near death experience of something to that effect. He kept talking over her and putting words in her mouth. the whole thing made me feel sorry for her and made me loose whatever little respect I had for the man

henge0stone

I can't hate on Whitley he's going through a rough time with his wife's sickness and all. That may have added to his cynicism in Dark Matter. He was extremely angry and combative in open lines, not the Whitley I remember. While I am advocating mostly new guests Whitley is one of those guests that has to make an appearance. I hope things look up for him and his wife  :-\

weeberwubber

Quote from: DanTSX on July 21, 2015, 06:12:25 PM
Meh.

Give the guy a break.  He's had his poor bunghole gaped apart by no less than 12 different species of aliens who gave him buttlove.

Honestly, he's no better or worse than the rest of the guests.  Just a little nuttier than the rest.

Weeber probably has a bunghole much like wubber at this point. Characteristics of rubber: Its flexible Its not transperent Its water proof It doesn't allow light to pass through Its hard Its strong It sinks in water Its not a good conductor of heat Its not a conductor of electricity.

Jackstar

Quote“I used to think I was serving humanity…and I pleasured in the thought. Then I discovered that humanity does not want to be served; on the contrary it resents any attempt to serve it. So now I do what pleases Jubal Harshaw.”

â€" Jubal Harshaw (Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land)

DanTSX

Creepy?

I resemble that statement.   We're not the ones getting buttfucked by Spock or finding new buddies in the ladies room at Olive Garden.

Juan Cena

Quote from: DanTSX on July 21, 2015, 11:04:46 PM
Creepy?

I resemble that statement.   We're not the ones getting buttfucked by Spock or finding new buddies in the ladies room at Olive Garden.

Whitley loves the idea of getting endless breadsticks.

akwilly

Quote from: Juan Cena on July 21, 2015, 11:29:51 PM
Whitley loves the idea of getting endless breadsticks.
and tossed salad

HumanBeing

I ordered his book 'The Key' back in the fall of 2005. But I moved across country before it arrived in the mailbox and never bothered leaving a forwarding address.
I always wondered what the next person or people who lived at the apartment complex thought of when they saw it in their mailbox ;D

akwilly

Quote from: HumanBeing on July 22, 2015, 12:02:56 AM
I ordered his book 'The Key' back in the fall of 2005. But I moved across country before it arrived in the mailbox and never bothered leaving a forwarding address.
I always wondered what the next person or people who lived at the apartment complex thought of when they saw it in their mailbox ;D
well I guess there are allot of other "reading" material that could have been found by the new tenets that could be equally puzzling.

AZZERAE

Quote from: henge0stone on July 21, 2015, 08:14:25 PM
I can't hate on Whitley he's going through a rough time with his wife's sickness and all. That may have added to his cynicism in Dark Matter. He was extremely angry and combative in open lines, not the Whitley I remember. While I am advocating mostly new guests Whitley is one of those guests that has to make an appearance. I hope things look up for him and his wife  :-\

Whitley remains my favorite guest of all time, and I love his books.

And, yes, I hear he and Anne are having a trying time.

People are revolting.

I'm currently reading Warday, which is an incredibly good book.

It's about another universe, with another Whitley and Anne, who have also been through some hard times.

I find the comments on here really puzzling. Why is Whitley being singled out for describing what seems to be a frankly routine aspect of what people report as part of the abduction experience?

Has Whitley been abducted? Has ANYONE been abducted?
I don't know.
Why doesn't Betty Hill get the same hate and mockery?
She also described some pretty gruesome physical abuse and medical procedures on her person, as a component of her report of her abduction experience.
So have lots of people.
Whitley's not unique here.

Jackstar

Quote from: Charles Daniels on July 22, 2015, 03:43:15 AM
Why is Whitley being singled out for describing what seems to be a frankly routine aspect of what people report as part of the abduction experience?

AZZERAE

Why is Whitley being singled out for describing what seems to be a frankly routine aspect of what people report as part of the abduction experience?

I feel he's being singled out because he is a man. If he were a woman, it would be a different story. As a fan of Strieber's I come to his defence here. Larry king even laughed in his face, which I consider absolutely cruel. No one laughs at female rape, but somehow when it happens to a man, folks think its OK to laugh.

I disagree. Whitley was one of the first experiencers ever to attempt articulating this coherently... and he succeeded in doing so. IMHO.

Quote from: Azzerae on July 22, 2015, 04:10:58 AM
I feel he's being singled out because he is a man. If he were a woman, it would be a different story. As a fan of Strieber's I come to his defence here. Larry king even laughed in his face, which I consider absolutely cruel. No one laughs at female rape, but somehow when it happens to a man, folks think its OK to laugh.

I disagree. Whitley was one of the first experiencers ever to attempt articulating this coherently... and he succeeded in doing so. IMHO.

I was originally going to write something pretty much like what you've said above but backed off a bit.

What I meant was that in regards to claims of invasive medical examinations -- those claims are now pretty routine, and probably have been a strong recurring theme since Betty and Barney Hill.

However, yes Whitley is more skilled in conveying this as he is a professional writer.

He's taken a lot of heat for that fact as well.

But hey, if a professional painter or illustrator had this experience and did a better than average job visually representing their experience, would everyone attack them?

Probably so.

I'm not sure what everyone would ideally expect though.
That only unskilled, inarticulate, people have paranormal experiences?

Quote from: Jackstar on July 22, 2015, 03:53:39 AM

I know my sentence was clunky and a bit tortured there.
I'll try to express that idea in a different way at some point.
Sometimes I think there's a limited normal vocabulary for extraordinary experiences and claims.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Charles Daniels on July 22, 2015, 04:38:28 AM
Sometimes I think there's a limited normal vocabulary for extraordinary experiences and claims.

Excellent point. Whitley has mentioned this before. I completely agree.

Human language only serves us to a certain point.

But there's no words for things we do not know!

... I find the comments on here really puzzling. Why is Whitley being singled out...

I'm fairly certain if you read through this thread you will find some answers to your question

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 21, 2015, 06:29:46 PM
https://www.facebook.com/wstrieber/posts/10206435719467363

Whitley Strieber

14 hrs · Twitter ·

Somebody sent me to a site called BellGab and said to search on my name. Yikes! No wonder Art hasn't invited me on his show. Creeped out!

Are we to believe Weeber had never heard of BellGab until yesterday?   

AZZERAE

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 22, 2015, 08:37:17 AM

Whitley Strieber

14 hrs · Twitter ·

Somebody sent me to a site called BellGab and said to search on my name. Yikes! No wonder Art hasn't invited me on his show. Creeped out!

Are we to believe Weeber had never heard of BellGab until yesterday?

I don't believe he's heard of it before, no.

DanTSX

Quote from: Azzerae on July 22, 2015, 02:41:08 AM
Whitley remains my favorite guest of all time, and I love his books.

And, yes, I hear he and Anne are having a trying time.

People are revolting.

So are space aliens.   

Appearing in whitley's room uninvited, taking him out to their flying saucer, and then forming a big ol' buttfuck train to run on him before drugging him to make him forget.

That's fucked up man.  These aliens are messed up.   They need to stop weebering humanity.

DanTSX

I'm currently reading Warday, which is an incredibly good book.

It's about another universe, with another Whitley and Anne, who have also been through some hard times.

I find the comments on here really puzzling. Why is Whitley being singled out for describing what seems to be a frankly routine aspect of what people report as part of the abduction experience?

Has Whitley been abducted? Has ANYONE been abducted?
I don't know.
Why doesn't Betty Hill get the same hate and mockery?
She also described some pretty gruesome physical abuse and medical procedures on her person, as a component of her report of her abduction experience.
So have lots of people.

Pulling A man's dentures out is in no way comparable to buttfucking

AZZERAE

Quote from: DanTSX on July 22, 2015, 10:22:09 AM

So are space aliens.   

Appearing in whitley's room uninvited, taking him out to their flying saucer, and then forming a big ol' buttfuck train to run on him before drugging him to make him forget.

That's fucked up man.  These aliens are messed up.   They need to stop weebering humanity.

Do I detect some flippancy? You are discussing rape, and a real experience.

Would you like to be violated? No, you wouldn't. No one would. Yes, Whitley is a public person, has chosen to share his story, and so he's been put under scrutiny.

But still, I don't think we can comprehend the courage it took to tell the world about what happened to him. To me, its so sad he is dismissed by so many.