• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150803 - Stephen Bassett/Merrill Cook - Disclosure - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 03, 2015, 09:51:56 PM

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 04, 2015, 09:03:18 PM
Yep, that was me.  I am obsessed with RCH's show at this point.  I am drawn against my will to listen to his trainwreck. ;D

The BRAAPening is real.

SteveBassett

Some clarification for the record. I did not cancel my appearance with Art Bell on Midnight in the Desert on Monday evening. Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell was the first talk show I interviewed with back in early 1997 - one of a couple dozen I did during his tenure. I would never stand up Art Bell. There was a Skype issue. I fixed the problem and was ready to go at 12:07. Art's new producer got a bit flustered. I sat waiting for thirty minutes to go on. I was told I would be Skype called and not to call in, but I have no record on my Skype for any missed calls. Only after I recalled the producer was I told I would not be on. It is possible Art had the wrong Skype handle. Let's face it, the Internet is not like making a phone call in 1970 - a lot of complex technology and computers on each end..........That said, I regret the foul up and apologize to Art and his listeners for the missed interview. Hopefully, another segment can be scheduled for the near future

Jackstar

Quote from: BattyBrooke on August 04, 2015, 08:00:34 PM
the *best* salvia here in Los Angeles

Quote from: SteveBassett on August 04, 2015, 09:43:50 PM
Some clarification for the record. I did not cancel my appearance with Art Bell on Midnight in the Desert on Monday evening. Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell was the first talk show I interviewed with back in early 1997 - one of a couple dozen I did during his tenure. I would never stand up Art Bell. There was a Skype issue. I fixed the problem and was ready to go at 12:07. Art's new producer got a bit flustered. I sat waiting for thirty minutes to go on. I was told I would be Skype called and not to call in, but I have no record on my Skype for any missed calls. Only after I recalled the producer was I told I would not be on. It is possible Art had the wrong Skype handle. Let's face it, the Internet is not like making a phone call in 1970 - a lot of complex technology and computers on each end..........That said, I regret the foul up and apologize to Art and his listeners for the missed interview. Hopefully, another segment can be scheduled for the near future

BobGrau

Quote from: BattyBrooke on August 04, 2015, 08:00:34 PM
Reading everyone's posts about salvia has me thinking either you're all full of shit OR I'm dead inside because I got the *best* salvia here in Los Angeles more than once & nothing happened. At all.

I'm probably dead inside.

To be fair, I tried the "60x" extract - strong as hell, interesting to compare with other hallucinogens, but absolutely nothing pleasant/euphoric about it.

Jackstar

Quote from: BobGrau on August 04, 2015, 10:00:56 PM
but absolutely nothing pleasant/euphoric about it.

Taking salvia divinorium and expecting pleasure and/or euphoria is like getting a divorce and expecting to get another wife.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jackstar on August 04, 2015, 10:02:54 PM

Taking salvia divinorium and expecting pleasure and/or euphoria is like getting a divorce and expecting to get another wife.
Or like jumping out of a plane to dry your hair.

BobGrau

Quote from: Jackstar on August 04, 2015, 10:02:54 PM

Which is why I prefer disassociative anaesthetics  :o

boxman

Quote from: BobGrau on August 04, 2015, 10:00:56 PM
To be fair, I tried the "60x" extract - strong as hell, interesting to compare with other hallucinogens, but absolutely nothing pleasant/euphoric about it.
Would help to actually research before you start doing random drugs. Salvia is documented to be more dysphoric than anything, so it does not make sense to use it for pleasure and the trips can be terrifying as well.

chefist

there is a Weidner/Friedman thread but it is not turned on yet...

Trump likes immigrants, don't buy into the bologna about him not liking immigrants, it maybe all lies.

aldousburbank

Well, oh kay.

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:13:17 AM
That is such Bullshit, I started calling Bassett 10 Minutes before the Hour and kept calling. He had been checked out on Skype and it was working fine earlier, but he did not answer, more then that I called his Emergency back up number prior till the top of the hour and got voicemail twice as did Heather. By the time it was 20 minutes after the hour I gave up and went to open lines. My opinion, and that's all it is because I can not know where he was, is that nobody was there or if he was there he was not paying attention. His Skype showed away. There is not much a Talk Host can do except go on with the show, which I did.

Art

Theme music for how Google and Facebook get to rip off 20 somethings from all across the world and use them up for wages that no self respecting sys op would tolerate.....

lonevoice

Quote from: chefist on August 04, 2015, 10:08:43 PM
there is a Weidner/Friedman thread but it is not turned on yet...
I just started a temporary thread until MV gets here.  He can then delete the thread, merge them, or just ban me for impudence.  :)

AppealPlay

The thread for this morning's show is still locked.  Bummer.

BobGrau

Quote from: boxman on August 04, 2015, 10:08:03 PM
Would help to actually research before you start doing random drugs. Salvia is documented to be more dysphoric than anything, so it does not make sense to use it for pleasure and the trips can be terrifying as well.

Pardon me for using words to describe something. Well done for knowing stuff.

Spinner

If you are the real Stephen Basset, thank you for coming here to tell us what happened. Have you contacted Art directly to explain it to him?

ShayP

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 04, 2015, 10:11:22 PM
The thread for this morning's show is still locked.  Bummer.

i keep forgetting it's technically morning here...where we are.

AppealPlay

Quote from: ShayP on August 04, 2015, 10:12:08 PM
i keep forgetting it's technically morning here...where we are.

12 minutes into the new day here in Virginia.  I hope it will be a good one.

ShayP

Quote from: lonevoice on August 04, 2015, 10:11:00 PM
I just started a temporary thread until MV gets here.  He can then delete the thread, merge them, or just ban me for impudence.  :)

Okay we are in yesterday's thread....ahhhhhhh...am I tripping!???

ShayP

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 04, 2015, 10:12:56 PM
12 minutes into the new day here in Virginia.  I hope it will be a good one.

I'm in Richmond. CHEERS!  :)

BattyBrooke

This show is the absolute tits. I'll need to listen to the first hour tomorrow when it's uploaded for Time Travelers because every 30 seconds or so the previous 5-10 seconds would repeat.

Faustina

Oh, dear.  Sorry that it was so confusing.