• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

area51drone

Quote from: nbirnes on October 02, 2015, 09:50:38 PM
They are not equal -- not by any measurements. I unequivocally respect and like Keith Rowland, and I've worked with him for a couple of years now. He is the center of the whole operation, and Leo has had less than a couple of months. Not the same -- not equal blame.

I have this weird feeling that KR is one of those people who tries to latch onto people with some fame or success, thinking it will bring him the success as well.     Without Art, KR would be a nobody like the rest of us.

Quote from: area51drone on October 03, 2015, 09:09:51 AM
Art should drop Keith Rowland.  How many times has he been told this by how many people?   He himself was fed up with him and for some unknown reason took him back.   ArtBell.com isn't nearly as good as it could be.  The archives on DMRN aren't done well, including both the website and the shows themselves.    Keith Rowland does a hack job at best.   Leo sees it.  MV saw it.  Art even saw it.   Keith Rowland is the one who should be replaced.   

I was skeptical about Leo's involvement in the beginning, but I did end up liking his work.   I have never liked Keith Rowland's stuff.   Back in the 90's the website was crap too.   Look at the C2C website and how well it's organized just to get an idea of how much better Art's stuff *should* be.    There are no "Note: if you can't log in it's because i'm too much of a hack to do the right thing"  kind of stuff.

Art let him go last year because of the Jimmy Church/Coast debacle and then Keith ended up quitting earlier this year for a cup of coffee simply because Daddy Art told him to reel it in with how he treated people (e.g. his arrogant tweet about MV when Bellgab's password was compromised). All of this played out in a very public way, so try not to beat up Leo Ashcraft too badly over how this was handled. If he was labeled competition by Keith over the push to deliver the show to more radio stations rather than the DMDN or because Rowland didn't want to put a link to the Dark Matter News website on Art's page, then Keith is to blame for this schism. Honestly, the guy sounds like a liability and a hindrance to the future development of the show and that's cause for concern.

triola

I don't know man, doesn't seem like any way to conduct a business. I realize that with entertainment there is always the 'drama' meme that is trotted out every now and again for promotional value, but this isn't the case here.

Some semblance of professionalism and stability has to be maintained for any concern to be taken seriously and there has to be just one 'captain' of the ship. This setup apparently had three until yesterday and it still has one too many today. If you partner with others, make sure they subscribe to the notion that they are ancillary components and -you- will provide the vision, direction and responsibility for any outcome resulting from those decisions, but make no mistake that they will be -your- decisions, not theirs.

In any case, somebody needs to 'take the reigns', here.

Aside from that, this is all kinda petty imho.

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 02, 2015, 09:25:50 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Talking Kitty Cat 42 - Twinkle Butt
Sylvester gets a special gift to cover his butt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTDelbaFkPc
Sister Princess Starr. Gave me great giggles all the way through. I'm sending this out to the world. At least my little corner of it. Thanks for the laughs. Luv

ItsOver

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the Desert Turns."

b_dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on October 03, 2015, 10:46:26 AM
Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the Desert Turns."
Holy shit did you nail that

Currently Art has KR doing the work of 3 to 5 people working 40 hrs a week.  I'd say if MITD is going to be a success long term some more people need to be brought on board.  Otherwise nerves will get frayed and at some point a meltdown will ensue.

My two cents.  Of course there's the possibility that KR already has people working for him and he's just a pain in the caboose.  I don't know.

ItsOver

Quote from: b_dubb on October 03, 2015, 10:50:24 AM

Currently Art has KR doing the work of 3 to 5 people working 40 hrs a week.  I'd say if MITD is going to be a success long term some more people need to be brought on board.  Otherwise nerves will get frayed and at some point a meltdown will ensue.

My two cents.  Of course there's the possibility that KR already has people working for him and he's just a pain in the caboose.  I don't know.
It's somewhat sad.  I just want to listen to Art do his thing.  He seems to be a magnet for attracting side shows and three ring circuses.  Meanwhile, the inept and clueless Jorch keeps stumbling along in C2C La-la-land.  Go figure.

GravitySucks

1961. President Eisenhower gives his final address to congress and warns of the military industrial complex.

Shame there wasn't social media back then.

TigerLily

Quote from: b_dubb on October 03, 2015, 10:50:24 AM

Hopefully not Art's nerves. He sounded in good spirits last night and even seemed to be enjoying the drama a bit. (Sigh) I just want the midnight ride to continue

K_Dubb

If, as it seems, Leo represents the xds/radio outlet and Keith the podcast route, this is a natural conflict that was bound to develop, particularly considering the personalities involved.  I don't think Art had a clear direction when he started, understandably as he was testing the waters.

It's a false choice, though.  The mission should be to give Art as many outlets as possible and figure out an equitable method of compensating the players on the back end.  The competition idea is silly.

It's just like Art, though, to have the conflict in public.  He's always been shockingly transparent, and, frustrating as it is, I'd rather see that than to have everything covered in a thick coat of fake corporate bs.

TigerLily

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 03, 2015, 12:01:15 PM
If, as it seems, Leo represents the xds/radio outlet and Keith the podcast route, this is a natural conflict that was bound to develop, particularly considering the personalities involved.  I don't think Art had a clear direction when he started, understandably as he was testing the waters.

It's a false choice, though.  The mission should be to give Art as many outlets as possible and figure out an equitable method of compensating the players on the back end.  The competition idea is silly.

It's just like Art, though, to have the conflict in public.  He's always been shockingly transparent, and, frustrating as it is, I'd rather see that than to have everything covered in a thick coat of fake corporate bs.
One of the things I like about Art. Though it has a tendency to fray our nerves  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on October 03, 2015, 12:36:11 PM
One of the things I like about Art. Though it has a tendency to fray our nerves  ;)
Am I hallucinating or were the stockings on your avatar red and white last night?

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 03, 2015, 12:52:41 PM
Am I hallucinating or were the stockings on your avatar red and white last night?
:) Couldn't say for sure. I still have red rocks in front of my eyes from last night

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on October 03, 2015, 12:58:59 PM
  :) Couldn't say for sure. I still have red rocks in front of my eyes from last night
Sometimes we just have to accept that things are really what they appear to be... Rocks.
😎

chinaclipper

has everyone noticed that MV want to do a gabcast tonite?

coaster

Quote from: triola on October 03, 2015, 10:43:27 AM
I don't know man, doesn't seem like any way to conduct a business. I realize that with entertainment there is always the 'drama' meme that is trotted out every now and again for promotional value, but this isn't the case here.

Some semblance of professionalism and stability has to be maintained for any concern to be taken seriously and there has to be just one 'captain' of the ship. This setup apparently had three until yesterday and it still has one too many today. If you partner with others, make sure they subscribe to the notion that they are ancillary components and -you- will provide the vision, direction and responsibility for any outcome resulting from those decisions, but make no mistake that they will be -your- decisions, not theirs.

In any case, somebody needs to 'take the reigns', here.

Aside from that, this is all kinda petty imho.
Dmn  is not essential to the show, and even if it was, leo is replaceable.  He is a drama queen and I am glad he is gone. He can read the news, big deal. So can a lot of other people. He needs to check his ego.

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on October 03, 2015, 10:45:55 AM
Sister Princess Starr. Gave me great giggles all the way through. I'm sending this out to the world. At least my little corner of it. Thanks for the laughs. Luv
Thank you Sister Princess TigerLily.  Considering the angst flying around from the Leo meltdown, I think a little uplifting of spirits is a good thing about now. ;)

DynamoHum

I think Art should have an answerphone/email addy that people can leave a message on/ send an MP3 of their best spooky/freaky story of 1 minute or less along with their name and where they live, and the best of the best can be played during the vacant dmn time. User generated content, free, no drama, and a way of rewarding listeners.

Due to time zone issues I can't ring into to the show, but I definitely would leave a message.

starrmtn001

Quote from: chinaclipper on October 03, 2015, 01:30:28 PM
has everyone noticed that MV want to do a gabcast tonite?
YES!  I was going to post it here, but you got it covered.  Here is the link.

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,4969.7380.html

Quote from: coaster on October 03, 2015, 01:33:33 PM
Dmn  is not essential to the show, and even if it was, leo is replaceable.  He is a drama queen and I am glad he is gone. He can read the news, big deal. So can a lot of other people. He needs to check his ego.

Yeah, he went off the rails on his Facebook page. There's no fixing anything after everything he wrote but good riddance.

Lt.Uhura

I missed the latest drama with Leo, but I checked out his DMN fb page and it seems he's busy promoting the Nexus Broadcast Networks.  The posts suggest anyone with a pulse can have their own podcast show "from home", with "minimal equipment", etc.  Was the hissy fit just an excuse to exit MITD for another business venture?

popple

If he hooks up with Jimmy Church they will be an unstoppable dream team of superstars ::)

Waco Kid

Quote from: coaster on October 03, 2015, 01:33:33 PM
Dmn  is not essential to the show, and even if it was, leo is replaceable.  He is a drama queen and I am glad he is gone. He can read the news, big deal.

Doesn't seem like it. Haven't we already established this?  ;)

lonevoice

Quote from: popple on October 03, 2015, 02:38:54 PM

If he hooks up with Jimmy Church they will be an unstoppable dream team of superstars ::)
Popple, you are a priceless bellgab treasure. I look forward to reading your posts here every day.

jazmunda

Quote from: serenity on October 03, 2015, 07:57:46 AM
All I can say is WOW! I liked Dark Matter News.
But enough of that for now

Time for the Saturday post.

Tonight starting at 8PM Central until Midnight Central ( Thats 6 to 10pm Pacific for you guys in Rio Linda ) on http://ksyl.com is: Art Bell: Somewhere in Time. Where Art journeys back to  2/10/99, when Dannion Brinkley recalled his two NDEs and his full death experience when he was out for twenty-eight minutes with a sheet covering his body, and no brain activity.

Ksyl has a live stream listed on their page and they can also be found on Tune-in.
If you are local to NW Louisiana or if the propagation is right, you can hear them on 970AM,
I do not know if the show is in the archive. Jazmunda might have the info on that. However from past info, these may be the "new" classics and may not be in the archive.

For those of you with a bent for nostalgia, from 6pm to 8pm Central, ksyl plays When Radio Was, with old radio shows from the time when "Radio was King!"

Also go to Youtube and "like" all the videos! Help us trend! http://youtube.com/artbell51

Remember "Theres Magic in the Static"

This is a "new" classic and is not in any known archive/mega torrent. These SIT shows should be called Lost In Time.

serenity

Quote from: jazmunda on October 03, 2015, 03:10:04 PM
This is a "new" classic and is not in any known archive/mega torrent. These SIT shows should be called Lost In Time.

Thats good jazz. I have to remember for next week. You gonna be on g-cast tonite?

Skunk Ape

My view of the show is unchanged. Leo sounded like he was talking with one nostril constantly clogged. I'll miss the ole PEEdosaur, though

munbeam666

Quote from: ItsOver on October 03, 2015, 11:05:08 AM
It's somewhat sad.  I just want to listen to Art do his thing.  He seems to be a magnet for attracting side shows and three ring circuses.  Meanwhile, the inept and clueless Jorch keeps stumbling along in C2C La-la-land.  Go figure.
Maybe Jorch was behind the schism. I could see he and the C2C people throwing out misinformation bombs and then retreating, acting like they were as innocent as new falling snow...

popple

Quote from: lonevoice on October 03, 2015, 02:52:41 PM
Popple, you are a priceless bellgab treasure. I look forward to reading your posts here every day.
Thank yewwwww, lonevoice! I also enjoy your comments very much

jazmunda

Quote from: serenity on October 03, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
Thats good jazz. I have to remember for next week. You gonna be on g-cast tonite?

No.  MV hates me.