• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Grifynne

Quote from: Faustina on April 24, 2018, 10:28:33 PM
Heather posted that she has not committed to coming back this Monday.

Ya, I figured she probably wasn't planning on coming back considering she never confirmed and continues to let her followers be mad at Keith and unsubscribe. I guess she's scuttling the show.

ItsOver

I think I'll send Heather a thank you note.  I haven't had this much fun on BellGab in a long time.

Faustina

Quote from: Grifynne on April 24, 2018, 11:01:18 PM
Ya, I figured she probably wasn't planning on coming back considering she never confirmed and continues to let her followers be mad at Keith and unsubscribe. I guess she's scuttling the show.

Her post basically calls Keith a liar.  No wonder she thought better of it and deleted it. 

chefist

5 more pages...I'm done in 25 minutes

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2018, 11:01:59 PM
I think I'll send Heather a thank you note.  I haven't had this much fun on BellGab in a long time.

Reminds me of those early MITD shows where folks would gather around the live chat threads .... except this is an entirely different kind of "show".

Grifynne

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 24, 2018, 10:43:28 PM
I think MitD should die as it was Art's baby and a new show take its place.

At this point, this seems like the best option. The brand is "tainted" after all this bullshit. And who in their right mind would want to take over after the damage Heather has done and continues to do, at least until Monday. KR probably should have just cut her off and done damage control by looking for a guest host while he finds a permanent replacement.

How minimally MITD was mentioned in Art Bell tributes made by other people/shows is a testament to how insignificant it is as a competitor.

That being said, if it is offered to MV or Bateman, you guys should totally take it.  It would definitely work for one of you (and would probably push HW off the deep end).

Grifynne

Quote from: Faustina on April 24, 2018, 11:03:45 PM
Her post basically calls Keith a liar.  No wonder she thought better of it and deleted it.

Maybe that deletion indicates that she hasn't 100% committed to now showing up on the air on Monday. lol
Although, as someone else said, I can't see that initial broadcast going well (and possibly subsequent broadcasts). She's gonna have to field some nasty phone calls and the whole tone will be awkward after her temper tantrums. Even if she plays it totally cool while she's on, it's going to be this big, fat, ugly elephant in the room.

PrairieGhost

I'm actually giving c2c a try tonight... I know, I'll regret it most likely.

Quote from: Faustina on April 24, 2018, 10:28:33 PM
Heather posted that she has not committed to coming back this Monday.

She wants Keith to fire her

Quote from: Kolchak on April 24, 2018, 11:00:08 PM
I hadn't thought about Richard Burnish in ages.

the neon bible gives me great comfort during these trying times.

Quote from: PrairieGhost on April 24, 2018, 11:09:56 PM
I'm actually giving c2c a try tonight... I know, I'll regret it most likely.

Nah.  You'll be fine. Really looks like a winner...........     ::)
QuoteHolistic professional Dr. R.E. Tent addresses the history of the relationship between cancer and the polio vaccine, and why he believes the epidemic of autoimmune diseases is the result of overexposure to various viruses.

CoolTen10

Does she get a payout if she gets fired? Maybe that's her motivation.

zeebo

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 24, 2018, 11:13:22 PM

Will tonite be a classic?  (Hint:  They all are.)

chefist

10 min I'm out of here.

Should I fire up Discord?

sydtron

*huff huff puff*  there.... *huff* All caught up....
This better be good Chefist!!

Sean92008

Quote from: CoolTen10 on April 24, 2018, 11:14:20 PM
Does she get a payout if she gets fired? Maybe that's her motivation.

So, in turn, if he brings on a temporary guest host... She's threatened to quit.

Let's face it, most contracts in media have clauses about behavior, missing work, etc...  Keith's lawyer should be familiar and maybe Keith is buying time for the "official" guidance on how to get rid of her hairy ass.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 24, 2018, 11:13:22 PM

Yep, already turned it off...

chefist

Quote from: sydtron on April 24, 2018, 11:21:42 PM
*huff huff puff*  there.... *huff* All caught up....
This better be good Chefist!!

You get what you pay for...

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2018, 11:01:59 PM
Please be sure to offer my thanks as well... I'm sure it will die down again- but it certainly has been an interesting few days. 

***And I had assumed that the roller coaster ride ended with Art.

sydtron

It has been nice to get excited and revile in the drama with you folks again. Shit, I haven't been on Facebook nearly as much thanks to keeping abreast of the current train wreck.

WOTR

Quote from: chefist on April 24, 2018, 11:20:22 PM
10 min I'm out of here.

Should I fire up Discord?
Discord?  Any link for those of us not used to this new fandangled technology?

Catsmile

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 24, 2018, 11:22:01 PM
So, in turn, if he brings on a temporary guest host... She's threatened to quit.

Let's face it, most contracts in media have clauses about behavior, missing work, etc...  Keith's lawyer should be familiar and maybe Keith is buying time for the "official" guidance on how to get rid of her hairy ass.

# Contracts
# CONTRACTS
# MySides
# Pleaze No Moar

Hells Mole

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 24, 2018, 11:22:01 PM

I think Keith is being held hostage by the will of the subscribers.  Heather was obviously causing a shitstorm financially with her tantrums but then when Keith started to retort it looked like it was swinging back the other way.  If he gets the subscribers on board with the "any live show is better than stuff you can listen to anytime from the archives" then Heather can be ousted and the show may continue.

sydtron

Quote from: WOTR on April 24, 2018, 11:33:08 PM
Discord?  Any link for those of us not used to this new fandangled technology?
Yes. A link would be good.