• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Sardondi on September 29, 2013, 11:01:27 PM
Which brings up the Art Bell Ouija Board incident. I'm having trouble understanding how he could so readily speak of the fact of having had a negative experience, but his absolute refusal to discuss it more than that. Why bring it up if the incident is so horrible that it does not bear repeating? Of course it sets tongues wagging, and make a great part of the legend of Art. Surely I'm missing something about this, because I would think that had I had such an experience, I wouldn't even breathe a word of it. Thoughts?
it makes sense to me to say you have a profound personal experience but prefer not to go further in the given setting.  Thar be sea monsters.  It's a bit if a warning.

Centurion40

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 28, 2013, 04:14:36 PM
I certainly have and it took place over the span of many years (age 4 to age 20, but most intensely from 13 to 17). The details are long and inlvolved and ended in, after much terror (mostly visited upon me) the ale of the house we lived in the entire time. Yes, we were those foolish people who in the horror movie who just didn't pack up and move right away. It is far too much to post here but maybe in a private message, if one is interested. I don;t want to deal with the potential criticism (even though we are all Coasties so we should be open-minded) and I do not want to flood this thread. It is, however, 100% true and I will go to my grave knowing and protesting that.

Without going into details, did any of the experiences parallel those of a poltergeist?

I ask because I am assuming that you are female (because of your user name) and poltergeists are, apparently, known to favour pubescent girls.

I feel that I don't "know" you well enough to ask in a PM, and it seems like the majority of us are genuinely intrigued!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Sardondi on September 29, 2013, 11:01:27 PM
Surely I'm missing something about this, because I would think that had I had such an experience, I wouldn't even breathe a word of it. Thoughts?
Well yeah good point. A little like hiking up the skirt to show some ankle. Here's the best metaphorical comparison I can muster on a rainy Monday.

I believe that it is an internal guidance system that sets many of us onto a path of inquiry into questions of Spirit, a hunger for steaming mystical soup, questions of pre and post corporeal states, etc. IMO, as in the case of electromagnetic spectrum, much of our world is unseen. Hell even water or air are invisible to us except by refraction and impurity. What often is thought of as "supernatural" is simply invisible. On it's own the lack of visibility or one's ignorance of a "thing" does not a mystic phenomena make.  Just as an EVP event does not prove the existence of a god or afterlife, spooky invisible shit doesn't equate to demons and the need to call in the white collared religious clown crew.

Let's say I'm into cooking, and everybody needs to eat, so that's cool. I can make some meals, share some recipes and tales of tasty treats past, and I'll enjoy some of yours.  And I can tell you to be careful because when you cook with fire you can also burn the house down. That makes sense to share. But am I comfortable and are you really interested in my disrobing and showing off the scars which prove that I know of which I speak?  Not so cool. Doesn't mean bic lighters are evil either.

Did this stupid post make any sense at all?

Centurion40

I get it.

Something's going on, but religious labels don't cut the mustard.

Or maybe I don't get it.  Time will tell, or it won't.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 08:29:38 AM
Well yeah good point. A little like hiking up the skirt to show some ankle. Here's the best metaphorical comparison I can muster on a rainy Monday.

I believe that it is an internal guidance system that sets many of us onto a path of inquiry into questions of Spirit, a hunger for steaming mystical soup, questions of pre and post corporeal states, etc. IMO, as in the case of electromagnetic spectrum, much of our world is unseen. Hell even water or air are invisible to us except by refraction and impurity. What often is thought of as "supernatural" is simply invisible. On it's own the lack of visibility or one's ignorance of a "thing" does not a mystic phenomena make.  Just as an EVP event does not prove the existence of a god or afterlife, spooky invisible shit doesn't equate to demons and the need to call in the white collared religious clown crew.

Let's say I'm into cooking, and everybody needs to eat, so that's cool. I can make some meals, share some recipes and tales of tasty treats past, and I'll enjoy some of yours.  And I can tell you to be careful because when you cook with fire you can also burn the house down. That makes sense to share. But am I comfortable and are you really interested in my disrobing and showing off the scars which prove that I know of which I speak?  Not so cool. Doesn't mean bic lighters are evil either.

Did this stupid post make any sense at all?
You can get a nice hot bowl of rat brain soup when sampling cuisines. 
They always say it's a great delicacy, but it is nasty.
I'm interested in your story.  You know what it is.  Please share here if you think it would be a good thing.  Don't if you have doubt.  It really may not be the right time/place cuz the internet is so public;  Like serving up a fine cab at a frat party.

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 30, 2013, 09:20:38 AM
You can get a nice hot bowl of rat brain soup when sampling cuisines. 
They always say it's a great delicacy, but it is nasty.
I'm interested in your story.  You know what it is.  Please share here if you think it would be a good thing.  Don't if you have doubt.  It really may not be the right time/place cuz the internet is so public;  Like serving up a fine cab at a frat party.
See, that's the thing. I'm a rice and beans guy. No salsa.

Hmm...super natural experience, huh?

Well, back in the 70`s, I met this nursing student from Wake Forest, and she had this way of....

Eh, nevermind, you would believe me if I told you. 8)

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 30, 2013, 09:20:38 AM
I'm interested in your story.  You know what it is.  Please share here if you think it would be a good thing.  Don't if you have doubt.
Actually, seriously, I know my story but I don't know what it is. I was there, but that's it, so it's a huge open question to which I don't seek an answer.

aldousburbank

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 30, 2013, 10:01:35 AM
Hmm...super natural experience, huh?

Well, back in the 70`s, I met this nursing student from Wake Forest, and she had this way of....

Eh, nevermind, you would believe me if I told you. 8)
^ This stuff, yes.^

Centurion40

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 10:03:07 AM
Actually, seriously, I know my story but I don't know what it is. I was there, but that's it, so it's a huge open question to which I don't seek an answer.

A friend of mine (I've already told his story, sort of) experienced something.  It was frightening.  He knows what happened, he knows what he saw; and there was another person with him who saw and experienced the exact same thing.

He doesn't want an answer either, he just wants to put it behind him and hope that he never sees/experiences it again.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Centurion40 on September 30, 2013, 11:06:03 AM
A friend of mine (I've already told his story, sort of) experienced something.  It was frightening.  He knows what happened, he knows what he saw; and there was another person with him who saw and experienced the exact same thing.

He doesn't want an answer either, he just wants to put it behind him and hope that he never sees/experiences it again.
Sounds like Jacko's and Miss Presley's honeymoon.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 10:03:07 AM
this is so much more interesting than the other thing.  Oh well, some day maybe.

Centurion40

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 11:12:35 AM
Sounds like Jacko's and Miss Presley's honeymoon.

If they honeymooned in Houston, there could be a connection.

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 30, 2013, 11:17:12 AM
this is so much more interesting than the other thing.  Oh well, some day maybe.
Some Velvet Morning when I'm straight
I'm gonna open up the gate
And maybe tell you 'bout weirdness
And how it blew my mind
Inside my Faraday cage
Some Velvet Morning When I'm Straight

Yeh.  Could be a while.

Centurion40

Was a Faraday cage really a prop in your story?  Or is it a misleading tease?  You're not Jay Baruchel, are you?

b_dubb

Quote from: Centurion40 on September 30, 2013, 11:37:32 AM
Was a Faraday cage really a prop in your story?  Or is it a misleading tease?  You're not Jay Baruchel, are you?

trying to think of a way to insert a pithy remark about a steampunk penis pump.  not having any luck.  oh wait ...

sleeplessinca

Quote from: b_dubb on September 30, 2013, 11:43:43 AM
trying to think of a way to insert a pithy remark about a steampunk penis pump.  not having any luck.  oh wait ...
Stop at cod piece and you might have something there.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Centurion40 on September 30, 2013, 11:37:32 AM
Was a Faraday cage really a prop in your story?  Or is it a misleading tease? 

Rule No 1 around the Burbank Compound is always conduct bidness in a Faraday Cage.  I can't remember rule No 2. 

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 12:11:47 PM
Rule No 1 around the Burbank Compound is always conduct bidness in a Faraday Cage.  I can't remember rule No 2. 
this reminds me a Fringe episode where a physics professor surgically installs a Faraday Cage in himself.  it's a pretty gruesome episode and equally poignant.  love that show

Centurion40

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 12:11:47 PM

Perhaps there is no rule #2!

Is everyone named "Bruce"? G'day Bruce.

BobGrau

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 29, 2013, 09:48:15 PM

...There are exceptions. One in particular forever displaced my cherished belief in concensus reality...

I really, really want to hear more about this aspect of things. Grandpa.

aldousburbank

Quote from: BobGrau on September 30, 2013, 01:06:50 PM
I really, really want to hear more about this aspect of things. Grandpa.
Sunk my battleship. Why is it that being a grandad makes stuff lame and/or creepy?  I think our grandkids inherit our cool at birth.

But hey. Batty Brooke has a good point in considering the sensitivity of others when relating remarkable phenon. In my case, I don't care much about being considered batty or prone to hyperbole or loon. Nonetheless, it is not always appropriate to F with people's sense or belief's about reality. I learned this from tripping with others of course.  I say, believe whutevers it is you wants to- I don't care who you may be, cuz I got nuthin to sell and nuthin to defend.

But since MV created this thread and we're all here by mutual interest and consent, let me just act for a moment as if. Enjoy it, ignore it, doubt it, forget it. Just don't think I have a reason to care whether you agree or whether you think I would have a reason mental to make it up.

ahem
Cough
Cough cough

There for sure is parallel dimension. Some stuff bleeds through some not and some always does. I don't know much about it but have experienced this:  Powerful and empowering intradimensional contacts from which we are perfectly designed to receive edification and healing, and contact episodes which were something like the reverse. It seems to me more like hot and cold weather, rather than good and evil, although from our perspective... And I don't like cold.

And one of my lessons, other than taming fear, avoiding panic, was (is) that while "positive" spiritual forces potentially reflect positive and healing light into an individual or CULTure, negative hyperdimensional apparitions may also be a reflection of wounding, fear, and hate. As such, part of our jobs is to face the darkness with our own light and positivity whatever it may be. I learned that this can not only tame the dark spiritual serpents of whatever weird parralelalex party might be unseen to us, but more miraculously, standing rooted in our own light and positivity, however much it may be, is the secret to taming our own (human) fears and healing our own wounds.

Having spouted all this, I may be one of the least new age guys you could ever go skeet shooting with and I toss all "spiritual" hoodoos out the compound gate if they make the mistake of coming in. This is my religion.

Eddie Coyle

These count? My brother had a Supernaturals toy set in '87. Because I was the typical 11 year old Nazi, I would use them as projectiles at passerby or have these figures go on search/destroy/rape(in that order) missions against his GI Joes, Transfomers or Mask characters.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 30, 2013, 02:17:00 PM
        These count? My brother had a Supernaturals toy set in '87. Because I was the typical 11 year old Nazi, I would use them as projectiles at passerby or have these figures go on search/destroy/rape(in that order) missions against his GI Joes, Transfomers or Mask characters.
My god! There's a whole freudian/jungian thesis in your post Eddie. Are you sure we didn't grow up together?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 02:20:18 PM
My god! There's a whole freudian/jungian thesis in your post Eddie. Are you sure we didn't grow up together?

I do believe I was reincarnated. My horrible essence is not unique to 1980's South Boston. I may have ruined people's childhoods in many epochs.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 02:04:15 PM
Sunk my battleship. Why is it that being a grandad makes stuff lame and/or creepy?  I think our grandkids inherit our cool at birth.

But hey. Batty Brooke has a good point in considering the sensitivity of others when relating remarkable phenon. In my case, I don't care much about being considered batty or prone to hyperbole or loon. Nonetheless, it is not always appropriate to F with people's sense or belief's about reality. I learned this from tripping with others of course.  I say, believe whutevers it is you wants to- I don't care who you may be, cuz I got nuthin to sell and nuthin to defend.

But since MV created this thread and we're all here by mutual interest and consent, let me just act for a moment as if. Enjoy it, ignore it, doubt it, forget it. Just don't think I have a reason to care whether you agree or whether you think I would have a reason mental to make it up.

ahem
Cough
Cough cough

There for sure is parallel dimension. Some stuff bleeds through some not and some always does. I don't know much about it but have experienced this:  Powerful and empowering intradimensional contacts from which we are perfectly designed to receive edification and healing, and contact episodes which were something like the reverse. It seems to me more like hot and cold weather, rather than good and evil, although from our perspective... And I don't like cold.

And one of my lessons, other than taming fear, avoiding panic, was (is) that while "positive" spiritual forces potentially reflect positive and healing light into an individual or CULTure, negative hyperdimensional apparitions may also be a reflection of wounding, fear, and hate. As such, part of our jobs is to face the darkness with our own light and positivity whatever it may be. I learned that this can not only tame the dark spiritual serpents of whatever weird parralelalex party might be unseen to us, but more miraculously, standing rooted in our own light and positivity, however much it may be, is the secret to taming our own (human) fears and healing our own wounds.

Having spouted all this, I may be one of the least new age guys you could ever go skeet shooting with and I toss all "spiritual" hoodoos out the compound gate if they make the mistake of coming in. This is my religion.
Can't have too many alternate realities bumping into each other.  Heck - I get that experience with the scout and pony club moms! 

So you believe in evil?  I didn't until my father remarried.  Not joking.  She swears she reincarnated Russian royalty and has a twisted obsession with Rasputin.

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 30, 2013, 02:43:27 PM
So you believe in evil?  I didn't until my father remarried.  Not joking.  She swears she reincarnated Russian royalty and has a twisted obsession with Rasputin.
Heh
One of wisest teachings given me by a now deceased traditional elder was, "Burbank, your life's going to be a a hell of a lot better when you realize that some people are no fucking good."  I still struggle with this a little but less as time goes by.

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 30, 2013, 02:43:27 PM
She swears she reincarnated Russian royalty and has a twisted obsession with Rasputin.
Tell her I love her, still, and forever.

onan

I believe more in the Supra-natural than the supernatural. I find that when things are the most chaotic are the times I need to slow down. I see more delicate dances of harmony and joy just by shutting the fuck up and knowing that I am only one of many. Seeing others about in their day to day is about as spiritual as I can ever hope for.

I believe in biology. I can relax and appreciate the universe more by holding a loved one than I ever did getting high. I trust in the magic of love and attachment caused by oxytocin. I somewhat understand the mechanics yet is still seems beyond my capabilities. In the same way that I know how a car works but the ride is still worth it. I hold a small child and my sense of wonder brings tears. When I play with one of my dogs I learn consistency and the joy of trusting.

I dunno what this has to do with ghosts... probably nothing. 

I have put myself into so many situations over the years to get a glimpse of something ethereal only to be disappointed.  Now I only believe that each of us is here for another and anything else is a distraction.